The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited February 2022
    Updated my February 4th post above! As suspected, I'll have to post comments replies in the morning. I need to get some sleep. Tomorrow (well today now) is my birthday too, so after comments, I might just post one daily post pic and just spend the day playing with Cale. Hubby's gift to me, or one of them anyway, is a 'free' day. He will be doing all the things I normally do in a day. Doesn't sound like much, but believe me, it is! I love that man so much! Anyway, have a great day/night and Happy Simming y'all! <3
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited February 2022
    @RememberJoy
    Feb 3: Absolutely love the colours and lighting in this pic: <3
    Xrn0AbH.png
    Nice to see he's making some friends! Haha of course Clara had to barge in :D

Feb 4: Ooh, flower arranging is an interesting skill for him to choose.
    Aww, Wolfgang :( Happy that Adam was able to help him out though!

@LegacySims2017
    Feb 3: Congrats DJ for another raise :)
    Oh, so Caitlin is rich, huh? Super cool that she lives on the Von Haunt estate!
    I can imagine DJ being overwhelmed at the size of her house compared to what he's had in the past!

Feb 4: Okay that daily shot is great :D
    Awesome to see Lucy and Velma at Adam's club meeting!
    Looks like DJ had a great time :)

@permanentrose
    Feb 3: Beautiful pic of that area of Windenburg! :love:

Feb 4: Ooh, so Robin found someone else, huh? ;)

@Karababy52
    Feb 3: Cale's shelter looks awesome! Congrats to him!
    It's a very cool build :smiley:

Feb 4:
    Aww Cale, you're not going insane! Though I understand why he'd think that lol
    A toilet! Perfect, well done Cale haha.
    Love his conversation with the plants too :joy:
    So glad that L. was finally able to reach him!
    That final shot of Cale fishing with the full moon in behind him is beautiful <3

oh also: Happy Birthday!!!! :smiley:

@SoulGal7
    Feb 1: Love Dylan's makeover! The silver hair suits him :)
    Wow at that pic of the lightning strike! :open_mouth:
    Oh dang, Antonio's still alive! Phew, him going to Britechester buys Dylan some time though!
    That is some amazing progress on Dylan's skills.
    Post edited by afai1261 on
    edited April 2023
    February 5
    NVff3uXh_o.jpg
    Turns out, giving a piece of your soul to a specter is a bad idea. Who knew, right? A wave of hopelessness and loss washed over Hunter. (Well, that was stupid).
    Z4fsM9w.png

He glanced down - at his feet was a strange chalice filled with a shimmering liquid. He picked it up, resolving to ask Guidry about it and put it away for safekeeping. Maybe the specter was being helpful, in its own way...
    ZXiyli7.png

After school, Aaron finally got around to planting his bonsai buds, finding enough space for them on the side of the house. This place really was not made for a garden but he wished to keep one going wherever he lived for as long as he could.
    MoBPNlx.png

He went up for a nap afterwards - school had seemed twice as exhausting today, or maybe it was all the ghostly activity that had happened the previous night.
    Ut7z8K1.png

Hunter had been heading out to do a bit of fishing - he had learned that he could create plasma packs from fish, and expected that living on an island would provide a lot of fishing spots, but on his way out, he ran into a very familiar face. A face he hadn't expected to see...

"Mum?????"
    "Hello, sweetheart."
    pE7ex1Y.png
    (Elle asked to come over and I said yes lol so here she is, finally!)
    CuMYbtH.png
    FKZ4iJ8.png
    beEqDHj.png
    "All those times you-" He couldn't finish the sentence, remembering how mad he'd been at his brother. And that had been only the previous night. But then he remembered when his father had shown up in Mount Komorebi...
    "I know," she said softly. "And there isn't any excuse, but Jabari really did want to see you-"
    "But you couldn't have come with him?"
    She at least had the sense to look remorseful, and started to say something. He cut her off with a, "Don't give me that crap about being busy. Dad said the exact same thing, the night he came to visit me and Aaron in Mount Komorebi. Is the Stargazer Lounge really more important than me?"
    "No!" Elle looked affronted that he would even suggest it. "You're my son and I love you." (Sure didn't seem like that at the time) Hunter thought bitterly.
    "But you still went. You declined to see me. You couldn't have put it off one night, or-" He groaned, frustrated, then checked himself. She was really here, had come here all the way from San Myshuno, and had just hugged him... "I missed you, Mum," he said finally in a small voice. "Do you know what kind of message that sent, when Dad came but not you, and when Jabari showed up last night out of freaking nowhere? And he said that you sent him here!"
    Elle didn't argue, only nodded. He searched her eyes for a moment, and after some consideration threw his arms around her again. "I'm glad you're here," he murmured, and she hugged him tighter. That was all the apology he needed.

The conversation worked its way around to the night before Aaron and Hunter had climbed Mount Komorebi. He had told her all about the journey up the mountain, and the declarations of love that he and Aaron had made to each other - Elle had instantly expressed a desire to meet the boy Hunter loved, and Hunter smiled and said that she should be able to meet him very soon. Somehow the topic of why he and Aaron had moved to Windenburg never came up...

"Maybe it was actually better that you didn't come that night," he grinned, "because Aaron answered the door to Dad in his underwear."
    "Oh, yeah, I did," Aaron said, coming down the stairs, having heard the latter half of Hunter's sentence. He paused at the bottom, a little surprised to see who Hunter was talking to, instantly saw the resemblance, and said, "And here I am, greeting my boyfriend's other parent, in pyjamas again..." He glanced down at his clothing and grimaced. At least sweats and a t-shirt were better than almost nothing...
    g9jnyRl.png

Aaron grabbed a bowl of leftovers from the fridge and they all sat on the couch.
    B5bBgYx.png

"Can I have your autograph?" he asked, slightly embarrassed to be asking his boyfriend's famous mother for an autograph but she only laughed and happily gave it to him.
    QpiC5hq.png
    wygoUGB.png

Somehow, Elle stayed until Guidry came out that night. And she recognised him instantly.
    Z4K2inj.png

"Ah Claude, I told you those Murphy beds were no good..." Huh, Guidry had died to a Murphy bed? Maybe Aaron was justified in his fear of them...
    thNZeUG.png

LOL so it's day 5 already and we've made no progress whatsoever on Aaron's aspiration, and also this update has practically no Aaron in it at all... whoops sorry about that :sweat_smile: (I think it's because Hunter is always awake so he always has photo opportunities, whereas Aaron has to do that annoying thing called sleeping, and therefore I take way too many photos of Hunter and the updates just get longer with pictures of him, surprising how that happens)
    Next update we'll be a bit more on track! My updates are super all over the place lol

Extras:
    Well look who the game made show up... It didn't happen in the story though ;)
    213qeYB.png
    I6Mg5XK.png

We're not letting you in, go away.
    Hzr4rmo.png
    xFafWWY.png

I was glad to see that Elle introduced herself to Yoshi without yelling at him, unlike Jabari haha
    X31XwTH.png

Also this is my new favourite moodlet :joy:
    o6hLDRx.png
    Ela1Yqs.png

Guidry saw Aaron and Hunter kissing and clapped so I guess he ships it :joy:
    A7AoMVJ.png
    ysgy7OA.png

• Carebear92Carebear92 Posts: 108 Member
    @Karababy52 Happy birthday! Hope you enjoy ur day!
    Feb 1
    Its Saturday, beginning of a new month. Savannah is going to spend the day in Mt Komorebi and in the evening going to move to Windenburg. She wants to go to the mountain one last time before she moves.ZnyCNZo.pngm147GzG.png She went back home took care of her needs, packed her personal belongings, and made the move to Windenburg.vtkj6Bh.png Savannah is trying to get an idea what type of house she wants built for herself. At least for now she has her tent and cooler with her. Savannah went out exploring windenburg, she wants to start a club but not sure what type of club yet. She has to figure what everyone else likes and dislikes are, maybe a party group?
    yRc4dNe.png Savannah went to the park saw children younger than her and a elderly man. Instead of interacting with them she decided to play some chess for a little bit before heading to her tent and going to bed. 5gWGgie.png

Table of Contents
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited February 2022
    @Karababy52 - Happy Birthday! Ooboo Vroose Baa Dooo (Simlish) Hope you have a great day! This one's for you!

Age of Aquarius, 5th Dimension (1969)

Dylan did attempt to make you a cake...a la sims style. Must have used too many candles! lol

happy-birthday-karababy.png

yes-he-did-it-dylan.png
    Feb 2
    What a eventful Sunday! Savannah joined the Garden Gnomes, figure it be good for her since she has the outdoorsy lifestyle and hates being inside. LlXFgYZ.png They all went fishing together! tALRuFZ.pngyIu2h60.pngYz8oHMZ.png After fishing for sometime Savannah came home to a new built and furnish house, she spent majority of simoleons on it but it was well worth it! She was also able to change her clothes finally and not look like she was homeless or anything. tALRuFZ.png

Table of Contents
    edited February 2022
    @LegacySim2017
    Moving up in the world DJ, no more chips or pretzels for breakfast! ;) Love he's actually shopping for what he needs again. Very cool! Good idea with the Yoga club. :) Curious about the last screenshot. Is Adam sitting on a platform or something? He looks HUGE compared to DJ.

@permanentrose
    Cute screenshot, love Robin's smile and curious who the girl is she's obvious interested in. :)

@afai1261
    Thank you! It was fun trying to make it look like he could've realistically built it himself.

Yeah, poor guy! Thankfully he figured out it was a real voice!

hehe I love T.O.O.L.! Can make a lot of fun things with it! The footprint of the dirt pile was too big, so I had to remove that, and then the bucket too before he could actually use it. So, it wasn't useable as depicted, but it was still fun making it 'look' like he could've made a working rustic latrine for himself. Obviously I kept the toilet for him though.

I had so much fun writing his convo with the plants, and yelling at the butterfly. HAHA! :D

Thank you about the moon shot, I have soooo many screenshots from different angles of the moment in time. I need to update my avy for this month, perhaps I'll use that one. We'll see...

Thanks for the birthday wishes too! <3

No worries about lots of Hunter pics, I understand. I had the same thing happen with Josh and Essa at the beginning. Josh doesn't sleep, he's a SuperSim, so I would focus on him when she was sleeping. :)

Yay! Elle finally visited her Son! Such a gorgeous Sim! A bit awkward convo at first, but I'm glad he forgave her in the end. She's his Mom, of course he would. :) At least Aaron wasn't in his undies to meet her too! I have to say it again, Aaron is looking SO good with his makeover. I love that messy hairstyle! May I ask where you got it? I'd love to update Aaron in my game with it. Oh, and is Hunter on the Gallery? I'd love to have him too. :)

Figured Aaron would ask for Elle's autograph. Why not eh? :D And of course Elle knows Guidry. Seems maybe she knew him when he was alive. I wonder if they were lovers. ;)

I know I probably shouldn't, but I feel bad for Morgan, that pout... hehe Funny how Guidry clapped for them kissing! Well, he's a champion for love, a very flirty ghost, so it makes sense. Good for you Elle, being nice to Yoshi! Better behaved than Jabari!

@Carebear92 - Thank you so much for the birthday wishes! <3

@SoulGal7
    HAHA! OMG! :D You are so sweet having Dylan make me a cake! <3 Hilarious how it started a fire though. :D Yeah, I imagine 60 candles is a bit too many to put on a cake, not surprised it burned up! ;) Thank you so much for trying though Dylan, you and your creator are sweethearts! Love this so much! <3 Thank you for making me smile! :) *Hugs* <3
    February - Day 5: "Let the rays of the sun enlighten your day with peace and happiness..."

j8S71sd.png

Notes

Nothing special about this screenshot other than I just love the play of light and shadows along with the colors. I might update this later, but for now, I'm just enjoying my day while Hubby takes care of everything. It's been an interesting day so far. Strange watching him do all the things I normally do every day, almost makes me feel selfish and guilty for some reason. But hey, it's not every day one turns 60, right? :D Just glad to be alive and have the love of a man who wants to spoil and pamper me today, plus all our children and friends calling and leaving messages for me on FB. Life is good, I feel blessed... <3
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    February 5th: A rainy day at the gym

Today's Achievements:
    Reached level 10 fitness
    Leader of the pack
    -Reach level 5 charisma
    Zen Guru
    -Share detox tea
    Body Builder
    -Work out for 8 hours
    -Work out at gym
    -Push the limits for 1 hour while energized

b8f5ROO.png
    I got up early and went for a jog around the island before it started to downpour.
    3lA5Wkw.png
    Despite not having a meeting until the evening, I headed to the gym to see if I could reach the top of my fitness potential. I started on the climbing walls and almost reached my goal, but I needed to stop for breakfast. After a taco from the vending machine, I jumped on a treadmill and finally reached it, I maxed out my fitness goal!
    cegzaor.png
    I ran into Clara and we had a nice chat about wellness and the club. I asked her what she thought of my club and she said she really liked what I was doing with it so far, and was glad to be a part of it.
    QgcI1HG.png
    That made me feel better and I thanked her before heading down stairs for a shower. After my shower, I held a yoga class but only ended up with two students with one leaving half-way through; but that one student did end up giving me a tip of 16 simoleons.
    GcrCLCz.png
    Afterward, I brewed another thing of detox tea and sat down to enjoy it, but couldn't help but feel watched!
    b47EZHW.png
    As I sipped the tea I started to feel more focused and decided it was time to start our club meeting. I gathered everyone for a yoga session but Clara bowed out saying she was still a little sore from her previous session. Another teen named Yuki was hanging around, so I invited her to join and after the session she gave me a complement.
    dpizCOG.png
    I ended the club meeting as it was getting late, but wanted one more cup and detox tea before I left. As I finished my cup, a couple of laddies came over and asked if they might have a cup and I told them there was plenty. We sat and chatted for a while and I told them about my passion for wellness and about the club I had started and they seemed interested in joining. I told them that I may have some openings soon and that I would keep them in mind.
    OhnYhgK.png
    We said goodnight and I headed home to sleep.
    edited February 2022
    @Karababy52
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @afai1261
    [...]

Yay! Elle finally visited her Son! Such a gorgeous Sim! A bit awkward convo at first, but I'm glad he forgave her in the end. She's his Mom, of course he would. :) At least Aaron wasn't in his undies to meet her too! I have to say it again, Aaron is looking SO good with his makeover. I love that messy hairstyle! May I ask where you got it? I'd love to update Aaron in my game with it. Oh, and is Hunter on the Gallery? I'd love to have him too. :)

Figured Aaron would ask for Elle's autograph. Why not eh? :D And of course Elle knows Guidry. Seems maybe she knew him when he was alive. I wonder if they were lovers. ;)

[...]
    Aaron's new hairstyle is Hugh Hair by Okuree :smiley:

Hunter is indeed on the gallery ;) Only the CC-free version is on the gallery though (I kinda don't like putting sims with CC on the gallery but it was necessary for Aaron because he has quite a bit of it).
    The version of Hunter in this save wears Luumia's Ooh Smooth skin (the same as DJ I think) and also has body hair (v5+ to be exact) so you can add those to him if you want to make him more accurate :)
    Hunter's CC facial hair (if you want to give him that too lol) is Beard N48 by Pralinesims - I think. But the facial hair from Parenthood works fine too (which is what the gallery version of Hunter has).

HAHA yes I was going to put a line there about Hunter wondering if Elle and Guidry had been lovers before the latter's death!
    So I'm confirming it here: yes, Elle and Guidry were together years ago (in my sims universe, anyway :D )
    @afai1261
    Thank you! I've downloaded the hair, beard and Hunter and I'll fix them both up to put in the challenge save when I next go in game. Is Aaron's new beard the same as Hunter's? I apologize, I should've asked you that as well. Just want him to look like he should in my save the same as yours, if that's okay? :)
    edited February 2022
    @Karababy52
    Oh of course, I should have included the link to Aaron's beard too but it slipped my mind haha. It's Luumia's hipscruff beard but now after scrolling through his tumblr for like 15 minutes, it appears to have completely disappeared from his page :grimace:

I found a recolour here but I have no idea if it includes the mesh, so let me test it and I'll get back to you :)

Update:
    Yes, the package I linked to does include the mesh and all the new hair colours :smiley:
    PBz9M1x.png
    (ignore Aaron's aspiration, this is a version of him that I saved to my library before he got the leader of the pack aspiration and Hunter and Yoshi moved in)
    Now I've gotta download recolours of all of the Luumia facial hairs that I have :D
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited February 2022
    February 5

hRZfaMl.jpg
    So let's back track a bit. How did Robin end up in a closet with a random girl? Let's find out :D

So I've clicked on the option for Robin to meet friends at school a few times, and one time she met Sinead (pronounced shin-AID, just in case anyone was wondering) Romeo, who is the daughter of Siobhan Fyres and Sergio Romeo. She has tried to invite herself over a few times after school, but I ignored them all when she was in Mt. Komorebi, but now that she's in Windenburg, where Sinead lives, it made sense for her finally say yes to that pop up.

The two ended up hanging out at Hare Square Park. Gotta love our selfie obsessed teens in this game :D
    OKUdxNr.jpg

Robin had been making friends more easily than she had anticipated since she had moved to Windenburg. And though her heart still felt raw every time she thought of Aimi, she couldn't help but to get a flutter in her heart each time she ended up meeting another cute girl. (Yet again, Robin found Sinead very attractive haha)
    jAdjyrm.png

Sinead's little sister, Niamh, was playing nearby.
    UNPIfQg.jpg

"Sorry my little sis had to tag along," Sinead apologized. "Both my parents work so I have to watch her after school a lot. But they'll be home this evening, and I'd love to hang out with you later if you'd be up for it! There's a cool nightclub that my friends and I hang out at all the time - we even have a club called the Disco Dreamers. There's no official meeting tonight, but I'd love to show you the place."
    pVVnF5f.jpg

(The only reason there was no official meeting was because they didn't spawn on the lot when Robin travelled there like I was hoping they would since I made Discothèque Pan Europa their hangout place. I was much too tired to try to mess with anything and actually get them to hang out lol)

Damon and Essa were there when Robin arrived, having a cute moment on the dance floor. @Karababy52
    bJ1nqA4.jpg

Sinead was really glad she could make it, and she was being rather flirty.
    Str4i38.jpg

They stepped outside, and Robin felt herself panic a bit. She had fallen for Aimi way too fast, and she refused to do that again.
    4Q7Qy7G.jpg

"What's wrong?" Sinead asked her, sensing Robin's unsettled mood.

"It's just...I don't want to presume anything, but I just got out of a relationship that didn't end so well, and I don't want that to happen again...I'm being dumb, even assuming that's what you might want...we really just started hanging out, and I'm already making a fool of myself..."

"Slow down," Sinead told her with a chuckle. "I do think you're incredibly hot, but that certainly doesn't mean this has to lead to anything serious. Let's just have some fun..."
    KokyN6i.jpg
    cs6DcmF.jpg

And, without my prompting, this is what they decided to do automously.
    RFwVjCS.jpg
    6p1NXgR.jpg
    5nVxRGw.jpg
    hmQfU5l.jpg
    nZ2ZyoL.jpg
    haNMu0P.jpg

"I really hope to see you again soon," Sinead whispered, then pulled her into another kiss.
    3mL5G2c.jpg
    hRZfaMl.jpg

No strings attached, Robin reminded herself. Just a little bit of fun.
    9Z3Ww9w.jpg

(Honestly I really only pursued this since Robin got a moodlet that said something about intense desire and needing to do something about the building tension, so I was like, hey, let's go for it I guess :joy:)

Oh, and a bonus screenshot - Kaori is literally everywhere :D
    QvOFX59.jpg

I am falling very behind with keeping up with this thread and I am very sorry about that. I think I'll get more on track this week again though. I'm gonna work on doing some comments tomorrow since I finally have a free day for the first time in what feels like ages - I am just way too exhausted tonight. But, I did want to say one thing now - Happy Birthday to @Karababy52!!!! Hope you had a great day <3
    Post edited by permanentrose on
    edited February 2022
    Feb 2 - A Place To Call Home

fall-in-wind-ref.png
    Dylan survived the night, although the next morning he was hungry and tired. He packed up his gear and decided to explore a bit before he headed back to town.

[Adam spotted during the night walking through the Ancient Ruins.]

adam-spotted-in-wind.png

It was the first day of fall and already there were leaves on the ground. Soon, the weather would turn colder and Dylan needed to find a more sheltered place to live that had a roof. Yes, he had a tent, but he remembered sleeping in a tent at the top of Mt. Komorebi. It seemed like that had been so long ago, and yet, it was just a few days ago. Yes, he had been in that tent with Kaori, and it had been cold, but when he and Kaori snuggled together, he felt very warm. The problem was...Kaori wasn't here to keep him warm. He had to depend on himself now, and sleeping alone in the cold didn't really appeal to him.

he-had-it-thru-the-night.png

He remembered the South Square Coffee Shop in town, and he could really use something hot to drink. Plus he needed a new burner phone, and he would check out the realty office while he was there.

lining-up-for-food.png

order-drink.png

He arrived at South Square Coffee and it was just opening. He gave his order to the barista, a pretty sim named Zoe Patel. He decided to order a cappuccino and a Pain du chocolat. And almost as soon as he had ordered, the place started to get busy. While he waited for his beverage he took a bite of his dessert...wow...this was the best dessert he had ever had.

you-from-around-here.png

When his cappuccino was ready, Dylan chatted with Zoe, and she told him where the realty office was. He decided to freshen up in the restroom before he went there, as he probably smelled bad. He hadn't taken a shower in awhile and using that pee bush didn't really help his hygiene. After cleaning up a bit, he headed out of the restroom and spied a door that had a book insignia on it. Oh, maybe this was a reading room. He tried the door, but it wouldn't open. That was strange. He passed by Zoe on his way out, and asked her about the door.

door-was-locked.png

Zoe: "Oh, a club meets here. The Avant Gardes. Their club loves to read, write, and get ahead on their homework. Clubs are a big thing here in Windenburg. You should check some out."

Dylan thanked Zoe for the information. He headed to get his burner phone first, and when he was walking to the realty office, he saw a flyer for the local Scout troop. That sounded good. He gave them a call and there was a Scout meeting this afternoon at 2pm.

dylan-starts-a-street-sale-in-wind.png

Dylan thought of selling a few of the duplicate simmis he had, and set them out on a nearby table. The day was overcast, but a few sims came to his table. And then...his favorite superstar...Judith Ward came over and bought a simmi.

his-fav-superstor-judith-in-wind.png

SPOTTED-LUCY-IN-WIND.png

[@miss_eulenauge - Lucy spotted, although she didn't say hi to Dylan and only was enamored with Judith Ward.]

He was going to get another autograph, but she was suddenly surrounded by fans and paparazzi. And since most of the sims seemed to be pre-occupied with Judith Ward, he wasn't really selling anything. And then he turned around and saw someone he knew. It was Bella Goth!

AND-IT-LOOKS-LIKE-SOMEONE-MIGHT-KNOW-HIM-HERE-BELLA-GOTH.png

Bella: "Dylan....? Is that you?"

Dylan: "Um...hi, Bella...what are you doing here?"

DYLAN-IS-THAT-YOU.png

Bella: "I am still on my vacation. I guess I could ask you the same thing..."

Dylan: "I...er...decided to study for a bit in Windenburg...as a...as an exchange student..."

Bella: "How wonderful. Well, I am on my way to meet Mortimer at this cafe. They are supposed to have the best pain du chocolat ever. Nice seeing you..."

Dylan waved good-bye and thought how strange it was that Bella should turn up here. Probably just like she said, still on her vacation.

Dylan looked at the time and packed up his wares and headed off to Scouts.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

tudor-house.png

Dylan had been in luck at the realty office and he went on tours of rentals all morning. He had pretty much settled on one house in town. It was on the water, and the last house on the street. Far enough away from town to avoid the crowds, but close enough to take advantage of the amenities.

dylan-on-the-chess-board.png

He decided to rent the house month-by-month, and if he didn't like it there, he would look for another rental.

dylan-a-scout.png

Once Dylan came back from Scouts, he headed to his new home. He was pretty excited.

He opened the door and set down his backpack. He decided to unpack some items to make it a bit more homey. He lit the fireplace and then headed into the bedroom to start hanging things up.

entry-main-area.png

Dylan had decided not to put any personal photos with his past friends in the main area. He decided instead, to hang up photos of scenery that he had taken. The photograph he had taken in Windenburg he especially liked.

kitchen-area-wind.png

Kitchen area. He had the fridge...and now he has a stove! Also a bar.

dance-floor-dj-area-wind.png

DJ booth and dance floor area. Behind the DJ booth is a closet. It is currently off-the-grid (to save on bills); however, when he practices his DJ skill, it will be put on the grid again.

desk-area-wind.png

A little nook for a desk. He has a portable laptop in his personal inventory.

basic-bath-wind.png

The bathroom is nothing special, and these items were from his previous house.

bedroom-wind.png

He got a new bed, although I still have his old one in house inventory. The bedroom door has been coded for Dylan only, and so this is where he displays all his personal photos and memories. He still has more photos to put out.

photos-memorabilia.png

Out front is a chess table and table and chairs. I later re-arranged some items and put the table and chairs inside. At the side is a small garden. He planted all the fall plants that he had, and he had also found some onions at the Ancient Ruins this morning.

dylans-side-garden.png

As Dylan finished planting his garden, he was so tired, he nearly passed out. It had been a long day and he couldn't wait to take a nice tepid shower and fall into bed. Tomorrow he started school in a new town.

and-he-is-stinky-and-hes-about-to-pass-out.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Remember Bella asking Dylan if she should have a baby and Dylan told her that she and Mortimer should decide. Well, I guess they did. Welcome Terrance Goth! lol I'm surprised I didn't see her in the world with a baby bump. The only reason I found out was because I checked out the "Other Sims" to see if there were any new families with teens, and then saw the little nooboo.
    the-goths-have-a-new-baby-terrance.png

Since Dylan had finished the Drama Club, it was time to try something new. So, he's now in Scouts.

ENTERED-SCOUTS-WIN.png

He is also a Rising Star and has his first quirk. Phone Fanatic. I have not bought any perk points and will wait until he gets to Del Sol Valley to do so.
    NEW-QUIRK-PHONE-FANATIC.png
    dylan-s-fame-info.png

Dylan is living on the Havisham House lot in Olde Platz. However, I downloaded another house from the gallery. It's a starter home. Not too big, but it suits his needs. The outdoor landscaping is completely debug and the inside was completely redone and refurnished. This is the house that I downloaded from the gallery.
    WINDENBURG-STARTER-NO-3-CREDIT.png
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I've had a tough week so I haven't even been getting playtime in xD I'll try to catch up on everything soon
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    edited February 2022
    Um, yeah, hi... I'm still here. I think I'll not have her move world for now, just go with the flow and get back into playing.
    But first... the missing january posts!
    January, Day 27 - "Step by step, I'll find my way through this storm..."
    01-23-22-3-43-36-PM.png
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
    edited February 2022
    January, Day 28 - "Let it out, you're safe, I'll give you shelter..."
    01-23-22-3-37-57-PM.png
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    edited February 2022
    January, Day 29 - "Every moment anew, we have a choice to build or to destroy."
    01-23-22-3-54-05-PM.png
    edited February 2022
    January, Day 30 - "I'm doing what I can, fighting back the demons of the past, and I will succeed!"
    01-23-22-3-37-10-PM.png
    January, Day 31 - "Open up your heart and allow life back in..."
    01-23-22-3-35-37-PM.png
    last post | next post
    edited April 2023
    February 6
    XF9PPeF1_o.jpg
    Friday
    Adonis
    do you want to hang out after school?
    Melissa and I know a great place
    You can bring Hunter too
    Aaron
    yes! I need a break
    school is so stressful
    Adonis
    How are you liking the house lol
    Aaron
    ...don't even talk to me about the house
    Adonis
    That bad, huh?
    Aaron
    the last time I slept as badly as our first night in the cottage
    was when I was sleeping on a bench
    Aaron sent the message and almost immediately regretted it. Was it even true, or just an exaggeration that his brain had told him to send for no reason? The bed was comfortable and Hunter was usually with him, unlike the bench that was cold and hard. It hadn't been the bed's fault that he couldn't sleep for more than 2 hours at a time. It was better than the bench...
    Would Adonis laugh and brush it off? He had no idea of the struggle that Aaron had faced when he had been disowned by his parents and kicked out of the place he'd called home for seventeen years...
    He sighed and remembered the night it had rained all night in Mount Komorebi before he'd had a roof over his head, and he'd been forced to take his things to the freaking onsen to keep dry.
    Aaron
    ignore that last thing I said
    the bench was worse

His phone beeped and he glanced nervously at it, afraid of what Adonis would reply. But it wasn't from Adonis. It was from Melissa - no wait. It was a group chat...
    Melissa created the group chat and added Adonis, Aaron, and Hunter
    Melissa
    I made a group chat so it's easier to plan hangouts and stuff
    we can add more people later if we want
    Aaron grinned to himself.
    Aaron changed Adonis' nickname to hot merman.
    Hunter
    aaron
    how could you betray me like this
    Aaron changed Hunter's nickname to hotter vampire.
    Aaron
    that better? hehe
    hotter vampire
    that doesn't change the fact you think adonis is hot
    Aaron
    you jealous
    hot merman
    what is happening
    why am I a hot merman
    Melissa
    okay I was not expecting that
    I'm changing your nickname adonis
    don't worry
    Melissa removed hot merman's nickname.
    Melissa
    Meet at our house at 3:30
    You guys are gonna love our hangout spot
    Aaron couldn't resist adding one last edit.
    Aaron changed Adonis' nickname to mermaid man.

It was called the Bluffs, and it was a beautiful, secluded corner of the Crumbling Isle, accessed through some bushes and other vegetation. Though it was overcast, the air was still warm and Aaron's eyes lit up when he noticed the pool.
    "Ugh, Morgan still won't quit the Renegades," Melissa complained to him when they arrived.
    9hjD8ma.png

"I still don't get why it's so bad," Aaron admitted. "I mean, it just has a bad reputation and I only know that because you mentioned it, but I don't even know what they do."
    Melissa sighed. "They meet up at Bathe De Rill - oh, did you go there, by any chance?"
    Aaron nodded. "We did, but Morgan wasn't there. A few days after that we went out to discuss the club at a cafe but I, um..." He briefly wondered if he should tell Melissa what had happened, and he settled on yes. "I may or may not have had a panic attack..."
    "Oh, that sucks, I'm sorry," she said. He shrugged, and she continued talking about the Renegades. "I went into the toilet stall, and the toilet was broken. I thought, oh that's totally normal... No. The sign said it had been cleaned and checked by maintenance an hour before. A toilet doesn't just break in an hour, does it?"
    Aaron had fixed the toilet in his Mount Komorebi shack many times when it had broken, but then it had been an awfully cheap toilet...
    "Ah, you don't want to hear this," she said with a laugh. "I swear it's them breaking the toilets."
    "But why would they do that?" he asked.
    "Because the leader is a little delinquent."
    Aaron couldn't help laughing at that. "So we make this friend group into an official sounding 'club' that's better than them, and convince Morgan to leave," he suggested, and she grinned. They high fived in celebration of their perfect plan.
    BRZtIiE.png

They went over to the poolside, where there was a small radio. Adonis had already climbed up to the top of the natural diving board and was preparing to show off with a perfect dive.
    fwRIM7P.png
    2akQGRD.png

"So, what should our club be all about?" Melissa wondered aloud, and Aaron indicated Adonis in the pool.
    "Swimming, of course," he said. "Dancing-" here he indicated the radio- "and, um, being friendly?"
    He turned the radio on and laughed. "It sounds ridiculous, I know..."
    Tpq8NUj.png

He decided to go and perform a dive for the group, and caught Hunter alone in the water.
    PReGBru.png

"You're everything I ever needed," he whispered against Hunter's lips. "And I'm sorry for saying Adonis was hot in the chat."
    3xU5TgX.png
    FChEqVA.png

Hunter let out a bark of laughter. "I know you were just being silly, babe. I think he's hot too." He winked.
    Aaron pulled himself onto the pool ledge and sighed with happiness. "How did I luck out in finding someone as wonderful as you?"
    j60iHtN.png

Hunter pulled himself up beside Aaron. "I don't know, but I agree. I'm wonderful," he said in a joking tone, and winked again.
    juQMCfj.png
    Aaron felt a fresh rush of affection and love for him.

Melissa decided it was her turn to dive into the pool.
    WNEjZtC.png
    UGopj8z.png

"Guys!" she called. "There's a fun place near Bathe De Rill that you should check out. I'm going to go home and do some extra credit work for university applications, but Adonis says he'll meet you there if you need a friend!"
    z05zfqB.png

University applications? Oh, poop. Aaron hadn't even put a single thought to university... "Overachiever!" he shot back at her, and she laughed and waved him off.
    "It's called Discotheque Pan Europa," she continued.
    Discotheque? That meant... people. Loud music. Lights... Hunter regarded him with concern. "We don't have to go if you don't want to," he said.
    "No," Aaron began. "Maybe we can go check it out and if it happens, we'll just leave... It could be fun."
    "Alright," Hunter said softly. "We'll check it out but if you get overwhelmed, let me know, okay?"
    "Of course, love," Aaron said, giving Hunter a kiss.

Extras:
    Finally, the first instance of the club! The first four members are of course Aaron, Hunter, Melissa and Adonis :smiley:
    Their club activities are Swimming, Dancing, Being Friendly with Teens, and Hangout at Bonfire (since the bluffs has one)
    Pretty much in every save I have I make a club for teens just like this and it's usually just to find them their future romantic partners hahaha

Oh also: the group chat will continue to make an appearance, mostly through planning club hangouts and stuff. New members will be 'added' to the group chat as time goes on ;) And they might get nicknames too haha.
    Right now it's:
    Aaron
    hotter vampire (Hunter)
    mermaid man (Adonis)
    Melissa

Adonis decided he needed to glitch when he exited the pool and never changed back into his human form :joy:
    vUuB29l.png

I was laughing way too hard at him dancing lol
    vw96XLR.png

And then Melissa got in on the action...
    6vwjbA4.png
    iDTthQB.png

Just... what.
    nkRzIQB.png

Oh and some extra pictures that didn't fit with the rest of the update :)
    esT9vCg.png
    OoppemB.png
    aJopcM7.png

Also I just think Aaron looks really good in this picture :joy:
    nFepdag.png
    I still can't believe how well the scruffy look works for him!
    makes me kinda sad that I made him 'shave' the beard but he'll get it back!

I think I might have to leave doing comments for later today or tomorrow again, sorry :( It's almost 1am and I'm too tired to write anything coherent
    edited February 2022
    Hi All! A little pic of the challenge sims in their new digs and the outfits I gave them. Some of these are regular outfits and some are party outfits.

The first group of sims I placed in the Rustic Residence in the Windslar neighborhood. I also did a very quick reno of their house, adding a few extra beds and some skill items. It was raining at the time and Pepper would come in and shake and soak everyone! It was funny...well not to Aaron, who kept getting wet. lol

rustic-residence-crew.png

@Karababy52 @LegacySims2017 @permanetrose @afai1261 @Shadami @RememberJoy

The other challenge sims are in luxury accommodations on The Crumbling Isle at Pier Palace. I did have to add some fitness equipment, though. Laika is not in the photo as Laika was more interested in barking at something outside.

2nd-challenge-sim-house-on-the-island-rev.png

@miss_eulenauge @lilypadmeulin @Skeilah @KateLynne @Llandros2012 @Carebear92
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top