Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Didn't they say they heard the occult players...

Or was that just wishful thinking on my part? Umpteen dozen kit packs, team ups with influencers, a wedding pack in the wings (stuff that honestly could've just been added to base game & the wedding system that's already part of it), and yet still we hear diddly squat on a new occult gameplay pack. But apparently they 'hear us'. :/

At this point I'm eyeing the 'Spooky Stuff' pack, because if I squint hard enough maybe I can pretend there's a new occult in there somewhere.
Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

Comments

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Yup. They did say that there will eventually be some new occults later.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yup, they said that. It's a joke, isn't it?

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of a wedding pack, but without occults like in TS3, my game feels so empty.
    I can relate to you @PlayerSinger2010. Even though I'm very giddy about the Sims 4 Wedding Pack, some of my sims so needs to become real Fairies, Genies & Werewolves. I do so appreciate the Aliens, Mermaids, Spellcasters & Vampires though.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Maybe the wedding pack adds playable cupids...
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    To be fair, this pack was likely planned a LONG time ago (I think it's based on an old survey) so new occults could genuinely be in the works just it's gonna take time.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I really want some more occult stuff, for sure! I’m waiting for fairies or something similar right now, though I’m still excited for any realistic packs as well.

I think some of these realism stuff has already been planned out, or perhaps made a higher priority.

I can’t remember who did it, but there was a twitter poll about occults looong ago, so hopefully that was a sign that more occults would be eventually considered. Mermaids was one of the top results in that Twitter poll, and we eventually got them, so… hopefully that’s a sign.

Oh! And witches were up there, too, and we eventually got RoM with spellcasters.

I wonder, though…. Would the Sims team continue occult-oriented packs like RoM depending on the feedback? Vampires had great feedback, but also had controversy and backlash to the point of Sims team nerfing them and other occults, and that led to Realm-only occult/secretive occults (spellcaster) or very tame/mild occults (see: mermaids).

Did RoM have a good reaction from the community in general? That might be affecting the order of packs or priorities. (I think there might be more vocalización from the realism players, and Sims 4 still lacks in some realistic life simulation gameplay.)
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    Maybe the wedding pack adds playable cupids...

Not getting my hopes up, as I doubt that would ever happen, but if that actually happened, that would make me so happy! :blush:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Or was that just wishful thinking on my part? Umpteen dozen kit packs, team ups with influencers, a wedding pack in the wings (stuff that honestly could've just been added to base game & the wedding system that's already part of it), and yet still we hear diddly squat on a new occult gameplay pack. But apparently they 'hear us'. :/

At this point I'm eyeing the 'Spooky Stuff' pack, because if I squint hard enough maybe I can pretend there's a new occult in there somewhere.

Well there is the pumpkin head option for ghosts and the hat for witches. It's not a new occult, but it adds to current occults a little.

I also like the skull and spider necklaces and the tights for my goth sims and witches/vampires.
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    Occults fall in love and marry too...

I WANT A WEREWOLF WEDDING! >:)

Most of my Occults are happily married with stable, loving families. :) I just think the wedding pack stuff should have been made part of the basegame as an update, maybe a 22 year anniversary celebration update. Give us base game options to make venues wedding friendly, add on slow dancing, give an option to choose outfits when clicking through the 'wedding party' option, and so on. I would have loved that, but as it is the wedding pack just feels like a more fleshed out version that what we already have, that could've been a base game upgrade. And we still don't have any new occults.

A hint, a crumb, a morsel, anything!

I want a Vampire wedding where one of the traditions is a celebratory spar. A werewolf wedding with an option to have them marry in wolf form would be a definite 'yes, please' as well. :)

• GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Well there is the pumpkin head option for ghosts and the hat for witches. It's not a new occult, but it adds to current occults a little.

I also like the skull and spider necklaces and the tights for my goth sims and witches/vampires.

Yeah I'm edging ever closer to buying the pack. Grim can host a Halloween party for all his spellcaster/vampire/mermaid children. :)

What was the exact wording? Because "We hear you" I parse as corporate for "We are painfully aware of your pesky prodding, and although we don't have immediate plans for this feature, we don't want to rule out that we may some day implement it, after all.".

I wonder, though…. Would the Sims team continue occult-oriented packs like RoM depending on the feedback? Vampires had great feedback, but also had controversy and backlash to the point of Sims team nerfing them and other occults, and that led to Realm-only occult/secretive occults (spellcaster) or very tame/mild occults (see: mermaids).
    Honestly, that is such a headscratcher. Just how averse can one be to offering toggles? A simple off/on switch labeled "Vampires are real" and we could decide whether we want vampire gameplay or not, while keeping all the Build/Buy objects. No need to nerf anything. Realism players would simply untick the box in every save, occult players keep it checked always and story players could decided on a save-by-save basis.

Yeah, a Sims 3-like toggle would have been nice, but I wonder if Sims 4’s coding is too messy for occult sims or something. (I mean, there was the issue with hybrids for a while, so maybe it’s messy coding.)

Or maybe, it is an option they would think about in the future. Do the current toggles (for… NAPS, I think?) work so far?
    (She/her)
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,186 Member
    What was the exact wording? Because "We hear you" I parse as corporate for "We are painfully aware of your pesky prodding, and although we don't have immediate plans for this feature, we don't want to rule out that we may some day implement it, after all.".

Honestly, that is such a headscratcher. Just how averse can one be to offering toggles? A simple off/on switch labeled "Vampires are real" and we could decide whether we want vampire gameplay or not, while keeping all the Build/Buy objects. No need to nerf anything. Realism players would simply untick the box in every save, occult players keep it checked always and story players could decided on a save-by-save basis.

It's not going to be simple, because on how they made occults.In sims 3 the playable occults that you make in create a sim was a trait that you had.Here they are a different character entirely
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

@GrimlyFiendish Of course there IS an occult at Spooky SP! Look:

399Igke.png

I have that pack since release. I have played ma fake fairies thanks to that costume :'(

Well at least ROM gave them magic *sigh*

I have accepted that we occult players are at the end of Sims 4 line, so I no longer have expectations about more occults :|
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    edited February 2022
    bixters wrote: »
    .....and whatever happened to the playable Grim Reaper idea? I would have bought a Stuff pack/Game pack about the Grim Reaper at full price!

I'm also still hoping for the Grim Reaper freelance career. I would love to see a Happy Haunts Pt. 2/Dangerous Stuff (from the 1st SP vote) Pack with the Grim Reaper career, new deaths, funerals & a new cemetery lot type. A ghost overhaul would also be a welcome addition.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I'm also still hoping for the Grim Reaper freelance career. I would love to see a Happy Haunts Pt. 2/Dangerous Stuff (from the 1st SP vote) Pack with the Grim Reaper career, new deaths, funerals & a new cemetery lot type. A ghost overhaul would also be a welcome addition.

I'm not even a fan of occult types in Sims games, overall, and even I would pay premium (i.e. first-day purchase instead of wait-for-sale) for the pack you just described.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member

Yeah, a Sims 3-like toggle would have been nice, but I wonder if Sims 4’s coding is too messy for occult sims or something. (I mean, there was the issue with hybrids for a while, so maybe it’s messy coding.)

Or maybe, it is an option they would think about in the future. Do the current toggles (for… NAPS, I think?) work so far?

I'd say it's a deeper coding issue with TS4, as they had NPC's and Townies appearing in the Magic Realm and becoming Spellcasters outside of player control (which, may I remind you, was never a thing with vampires or mermaids because they were always either randomly generated NPC's or were created by the player.) Heck even randomly generated townie vampires got to be a pita for a lot of plyers, including myself who love the vampire pack.

As for NAP toggles, in my game anyway, they only work for half of the time, while the other half they're bugged beyond belief.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    emere wrote: »
    @GrimlyFiendish Of course there IS an occult at Spooky SP! Look:

399Igke.png

I have that pack since release. I have played ma fake fairies thanks to that costume :'(

Well at least ROM gave them magic *sigh*

I have accepted that we occult players are at the end of Sims 4 line, so I no longer have expectations about more occults :|

I think this is the sad reality of the Sims 4, it's more focused on being a dollhouse for those in the community who enjoy mimicking real life in their games. Which is fine for those types of people, heck it's even fine if you want to combine realistic play with the occult.

However, for those of us who want to only play with the creepy, and the kookie, the mysterious and the spooky we really have nothing but table scraps and we're pretty much shamed into silence for daring to ask for more of the content that we would like to see. Even some of the gurus seem pretty reluctant to give occult-themed items or life states, despite them being features since the beginning of the series. The devs saying "we hear you" only feels like they're trying to placate the occult part of the fandom, while they release everything but occult packs.
    idk, maybe I'm just salty at this point.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    That's how I even play my fake Fairies. :D
    edited February 2022

I'd say it's a deeper coding issue with TS4, as they had NPC's and Townies appearing in the Magic Realm and becoming Spellcasters outside of player control (which, may I remind you, was never a thing with vampires or mermaids because they were always either randomly generated NPC's or were created by the player.) Heck even randomly generated townie vampires got to be a pita for a lot of plyers, including myself who love the vampire pack.

As for NAP toggles, in my game anyway, they only work for half of the time, while the other half they're bugged beyond belief.

Oh, I see. So it’s more deeper (coding) issue than I thought. Thanks for sharing your experience with the toggles! 🙂That would explain why there hasn’t been toggles..
    (She/her)
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    .....and whatever happened to the playable Grim Reaper idea? I would have bought a Stuff pack/Game pack about the Grim Reaper at full price!

Add a Netherworld secret lot/neighbourhood and I’m in!

I’m legitimately terrified that we’ll never see another occult in the Sims 4 again. I was absolutely convinced that this wedding pack was going to be occult themed. I voted for weddings in the first community stuff pack so I’m glad I’m finally getting something I wished for but now I want my Fairwolves!
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited February 2022
    I'm still hoping for Aliens and Mermaids to be improved to the same standard of Vampires and Spellcasters. I'm mostly a realistic player but I do incorporate occults into my gameplay. I would love to see Fairies added at some point and Werewolves for those that want them.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member

Yup.. Reminds me of a few years ago when they made a statement saying they "hear people" on babies, cars and generations but haven't added them or made any mention since
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2022

Well, you know weddings are more important. o:) They need more synchronized dancing that has never worked right in the last pack it was introduced in like GT or something. Where they were all supposed to dance in front of the DJ. Why not add more broken dancing instead of some werewolves and some other creatures? No one will care they won't be dancing correctly anyway. You know it's more important to add more foods instead of a gargoyle. It's more important to show how diverse they are by the NPCs wedding pictures. It's more important to build a tiny world decorated with ugly flower wreaths spoiling a world's natural beauty. It's more important to build another beach 'world' because they are easier than building streets and lots. Life states are too hard and too expensive when someone can just add more food and call it a GP.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.