Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You're Invited To A Wedding!

Comments

• Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I'd love a 10 or 12 lot world, but would hope for at least 8. It would be sad to have what promises to be such a gorgeous world and not be able to do anything with it. Five lots would be... challenging. And not in the good way.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    There's a new dance floor coming with the pack so it probably will have the couples dancing, you can see the sims in the back of this screenshot are on a new dance floor object similar to the ones from Get Together

sims-4-my-wedding-stories-game-pack.jpg

I hope you're right! I'd still rather have slow dancing tied to a radio object, or to romance interactions, so you could do it anywhere, but a dance floor would be a lot better than nothing.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Yay!! Looking forward to it! Invitation is cute!!🤭🤭🤭 I'm so glad I'm free that day.

I can't guarantee I'll be up at 6 AM, which is when it airs in Mountain Daylight Savings Time. We're two hours behind ET.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Yay!! Looking forward to it! Invitation is cute!!🤭🤭🤭 I'm so glad I'm free that day.

I can't guarantee I'll be up at 6 AM, which is when it airs in Mountain Daylight Savings Time. We're two hours behind ET.

It's at 8 PST. So you're 2 hours ahead of us West Coasters. It'll be 10 for you.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    It's not daylight savings until March, so I'd assume you are on Mountain Standard Time, not Mountain Daylight Time, @GalacticGal. That would make it 9 am for you. The time in the invitation is Pacific Standard Time, which is one hour behind you.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    The world reminds me the beautiful island Mallorca. I hope that the world has at least 10 lots. If we receive less number of lots I will be disappointed because it is probably the only possiblility to receive Spanish/Italian/South French world.

palma-de-mallorca.jpg

z24908503IH,Cala-d-Or--Majorka---Hiszpania.jpg

Palma_de_Mallorca-Altstadt%20(17).jpg?ph=b6084349e4

If it's Mallorca, i swear i buy it at day 1! It's my favourite place in the whole world! 😍
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    edited February 2022
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    It's not daylight savings until March, so I'd assume you are on Mountain Standard Time, not Mountain Daylight Time, @GalacticGal. That would make it 9 am for you. The time in the invitation is Pacific Standard Time, which is one hour behind you.

LOL My bad. I know we're two hours behind ET and it's already staying lighter longer in the day, so my brain decided it was already Daylight Saving's Time. I hate that we switch every six months or so. There has been rumors that this state will ask to remain on Daylight Savings Time. I wish we could all just stay on Standard Time. Oh, well. As for Pacific Time being an hour behind me, I know. Used to live in CA for just over 50 years. Sorry, if I inadvertently caused confusion and thank you so much for clarifying that for others, too. :smiley:

ETA: I just went back to take another look at the invitation. I should have whipped out my magnifying glass. I see that it was 8 AM Pacific Time, not Eastern. I do realize that EA is based out of Redwood, CA. Face/palm. I think I'll just crawl back into my corner, now …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited February 2022
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »
    There's a new dance floor coming with the pack so it probably will have the couples dancing, you can see the sims in the back of this screenshot are on a new dance floor object similar to the ones from Get Together

sims-4-my-wedding-stories-game-pack.jpg

I hope you're right! I'd still rather have slow dancing tied to a radio object, or to romance interactions, so you could do it anywhere, but a dance floor would be a lot better than nothing.

if its for couple dancing
    I think dance floor would work better for the routing tbh

I recall sims failing to route a lot in ts3 or dancing in weird places cause they thought its more roomy in some other spot than assigned

from building standpoint tho they should however add dance floor swatch thats more of invisible marking style like the markings in get famous so you could scatter those little x about and not have to do a stylized floor

and then again yeah it would be nice to dance wherever whenever cause theres lots of places off lot you couldn't just put down dance floor
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2022
    Oooh, I got an invite too.

I'll be the one ugly, happy crying during the vows and spending far too much time at the buffet. I love a good love story and good food!

Also, the names are both female, with Umeh being Nigerian and Soto being Spanish... I believe this to be the wedding of the cover models.
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    Please let us have couples dancing and not just a retexture of the current dance floors , They really bug me how everyone gets chased off them so a single sim can do those dances in the middle , and everything gets dropped from your sims queue just to watch

Also would love to see added some time is when you are on a date you don't get everyone else trying to join any conversations unless you start it

Not really expecting couples dancing but i hope i am suprised and it happens
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Oooh, I got an invite too.

I'll be the one ugly, happy crying during the vows and spending far too much time at the buffet. I love a good love story and good food!

Also, the names are both female, with Umeh being Nigerian and Soto being Spanish... I believe this to be the wedding of the cover models.

Nigerian wedding attire pleasssseeeee
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I'm guessing there won't be any grunge/metal themed weddings... or other alternative types that I could get into, because I already know I can't get into "traditional" ones of any flavor. At least not more than once. I can't say I'd get excited for the pack if "my kind of stuff" were included, but at least I'd be more encouraged about the whole thing if I could do weddings my own way. Meanwhile I'll just hope the world is enough for me to want to buy the thing on sale someday. Congrats to everyone who loves weddings, though. :)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2022
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    I'd love a 10 or 12 lot world, but would hope for at least 8. It would be sad to have what promises to be such a gorgeous world and not be able to do anything with it. Five lots would be... challenging. And not in the good way.

Yep you'd need some for residential or rental lots. That means less community lots in a small world. I doubt there will be any empty lots.
    Trailer is at 11am for East Coasters.
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I'm guessing there won't be any grunge/metal themed weddings... or other alternative types that I could get into, because I already know I can't get into "traditional" ones of any flavor. At least not more than once. I can't say I'd get excited for the pack if "my kind of stuff" were included, but at least I'd be more encouraged about the whole thing if I could do weddings my own way. Meanwhile I'll just hope the world is enough for me to want to buy the thing on sale someday. Congrats to everyone who loves weddings, though. :)

Are you thinking about Grunge wedding attire or you want non traditional wedding traditions? They did say something about customizing the wedding so I think you might be able to make it your own way but I doubt there would be any Grunge themed decorations or attire.
    Please let us have couples dancing and not just a retexture of the current dance floors , They really bug me how everyone gets chased off them so a single sim can do those dances in the middle , and everything gets dropped from your sims queue just to watch

Also would love to see added some time is when you are on a date you don't get everyone else trying to join any conversations unless you start it

Not really expecting couples dancing but i hope i am suprised and it happens

I'd be surprised if we don't get slow dancing cause they know a lot of simmers have been asking for it.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited February 2022
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

Are you thinking about Grunge wedding attire or you want non traditional wedding traditions? They did say something about customizing the wedding so I think you might be able to make it your own way but I doubt there would be any Grunge themed decorations or attire.

I meant both, which is why I doubt I can have the kinds of themes I'd want to have. I'll be waiting for details to see how it's set up as far as customization goes before I make a final judgement, but I'm not at all expecting it to meet my needs at this point. I had hoped the focus would be on romantic relationships (new/improved interactions, possibly new relationship types, etc.) as a whole rather than just weddings, but here we are. :lol:

Edit: Just for clarification, grunge type stuff isn't the only kind thing I'd like to see; it was just an example.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

I meant both, which is why I doubt I can have the kinds of themes I'd want to have. I'll be waiting for details to see how it's set up as far as customization goes before I make a final judgement, but I'm not at all expecting it to meet my needs at this point. I had hoped the focus would be on romantic relationships (new/improved interactions, possibly new relationship types, etc.) as a whole rather than just weddings, but here we are. :lol:

Edit: Just for clarification, grunge type stuff isn't the only kind thing I'd like to see; it was just an example.

Yeah I was wondering if stuff like that would be added in basegame since stuff like relationship types and an attraction system would be better if available for everyone. But I hope it does end up meeting your needs.
    edited February 2022
    I hope the update brings us the option to set relationships in cas to boy/girlfriend/fiance etc.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    7am from where I am for the Wedding Trailer.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I’m EST time, so… 11 am EST, then?

I’m really excited! I’m holding off one of my sims couple’s wedding for this pack, so I really want to see some more of the pack so bad. 🥰
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I hope the update brings us the option to set relationships in cas to boy/girlfriend/fiance etc.

Yeah, I would like that too.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    I’m EST time, so… 11 am EST, then?

I’m really excited! I’m holding off one of my sims couple’s wedding for this pack, so I really want to see some more of the pack so bad. 🥰

Yes.

Eastern time is 3hrs ahead of Pacific Time.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2022
    My Wedding Stories Trailer reveal coming Tuesday, February 8.
    6vnFMNd.png
    Courtesy of #EA Creator Network

Congratulations to you! However, if the next pack is about weddings (?) then it's another bummer for me. And I see since Rachel is back there will be more dancing..(?) ...Sigh.. I mean what else can you do about a wedding? Other than play a wedding planner and or go on a honeymoon....but please, no more dancing. It's almost par for the course to say Rachel is back and they say 'come dance with us'.. :o Sorry, don't mean to be so down about this one, too, but EPs and GPs are so far apart now it's like ho hum...I was hoping it was about cars and across country racing. :p
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,861 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Congratulations to you! However, if the next pack is about weddings (?) then it's another bummer for me.

@Cinebar thank you! The next pack is about weddings. Sorry to hear you won't be joining us for the festivities. Maybe next time.