Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

all saved games deleted

I opened my game and all my old saves are gone! I even opened the folder on my c drive and only file available is from when I opened it today. Is it possible the latest patch deleted my saves?

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited February 2022
    Do you use a syncing program like OneDrive? Those have done this before! Don't sync with your Sims folders.

That said, going forward, set up to not autoupdate so that you always have time to back up your Saves.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Just your game save files? Are your gallery sims saved in the tray folders still there?
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Do you use a syncing program like OneDrive? Those have done this before! Don't sync with your Sims folders.

That said, going forward, set up to not autoupdate so that you always have time to back up your Saves.

Yep. Turn off One Drive if you have it.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Yikes. I am so sorry you are experiencing this. I don't know anything abut One Drive, except I'm glad I don't have it. But, as the others have stated, turn auto-update off in Origin. When you see there's an update, then copy your saves, Tray and Screenshots either onto your desktop or onto a flash drive.

Backup, backup, backup.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 909 Member
    That happened to me last year. :neutral: I had only played the same 2 saves since The Sims 4 came out so it almost made me give up on playing.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    Man, I feel for those of you to whom this has happened....I'd be devestated if I lost my saves.

Just a plug for what I do to keep this from ever being a problem. I use a program called Game Backup Monitor which runs in the background all the time an automatically makes a backup of saved games each time you exit a game. It works for all games and I have it setup for all of those that I play. Free download and it works flawlessly: https://github.com/MikeMaximus/gbm/releases
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

As a former "tech-support" person, I can understand how many people do not realize that saving on a "cloud" as they call it now, is not the same as saving on a "hard-drive".

If this was the case, then as others have already said, shut that off. :wink:

A "cloud" is best to "back-up" files. In case your hard-drive crashes or something, not the other way around.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    MwnbemeMwnbeme Posts: 26 Member
    thanks all. I have decided to look on the bright side and use it to change up my venues and do townie make overs. I have been taking vacant houses and changing them to starter homes where I can so I can start up with new sims fresh and remodel as they go. I have shut off One drive...I think anyway...

I used to have this problem frequently a few years ago. If felt like I was rolling a boulder up hill because every couple of weeks my old worlds would just disappear. Now if I can just get my saves sims medieval working. I would LOVE*LOVE*LOVE* if maxis did another one. To heck with wedding game play, I want swords and royal decrees!
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Mwnbeme wrote: »
    thanks all. I have decided to look on the bright side and use it to change up my venues and do townie make overs. I have been taking vacant houses and changing them to starter homes where I can so I can start up with new sims fresh and remodel as they go. I have shut off One drive...I think anyway...

I used to have this problem frequently a few years ago. If felt like I was rolling a boulder up hill because every couple of weeks my old worlds would just disappear. Now if I can just get my saves sims medieval working. I would LOVE*LOVE*LOVE* if maxis did another one. To heck with wedding game play, I want swords and royal decrees!

Hey! I had a complete wipe-out of my saves a couple months ago. (My own fault, went on a deleting frenzy, heh! An anxiety attack from RL stuff) Almost didn't feel like playing again after that.

Luckily anything I had saved in the "Library" is still there or posted on the "Gallery".

But yes, I've been having fun now re-setting up what was there before, but at the same time doing different things. Like an alternate time-line. Not stressing out about restoring everything as it was. :);)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    You can try right clicking on your saves folder, properties, previous version. If it has one click restore. Good luck :-)