The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about removing default CC

I would like to enter a vanilla Sim for a contest/challenge that requires this status. However, I have default CC eyes, default CC feet and other default body assets. I know I could just remove the default CC to upload this Sim, but what happens to all my other Sims with these assets? Will I need to give them their CC again when I put the CC back in my game, or will they retain these assets as long as I don't play them with the CC removed?

I apologize for posting such noob questions, I've only been using CC/Mods in TS4 since last June, so I'm still somewhat of a newbie in this area. I've looked around the forum and Googled for an answer, even asked in the contest/challenge thread but haven't found any answers.

Thank you and Happy Simming! <3

Comments

• KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited February 2022
    Not such a noob question! If you open that save while your mod folder is pulled, it will remove any and all CC outfits so that when you next open that save, they'll all be in their underwear (including the townies that have picked up on modded clothes. I've "been there, done that." I'd like to help you avoid that problem.)

Your best bet is to leave your mods in, go into that save and then into CAS. Save that Sim to your library then close that save. Close the game and remove your mods folder. Restart your game and start a *new* save using the Sim from your library. Then you can open that Sim's household, go into CAS, fix anything that doesn't look right to you and then upload the vanilla Sim. When you're done, you can close the game, put your mod folder back in, then return to your original save with everything intact.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @KatAnubis - Thank you SO much for your reply! This is exactly what I needed, instructions on what to do so my other Sims don't lose their CC. Very much appreciated! Have a great rest of your day/night! <3
  • KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @KatAnubis - Thank you SO much for your reply! This is exactly what I needed, instructions on what to do so my other Sims don't lose their CC. Very much appreciated! Have a great rest of your day/night! <3

You're welcome. I'm glad to have helped!

I still remember my shock when I went back to my legacy family and realized what had happened to them. And then to see all the neighbors in their underwear. (I am not fond of that orange bikini at all.) Since then I've gone through all my CC using Sims4Studio to make sure that all the stuff I have has the box by "allow for random" unchecked! I don't want them in CC no matter what but it's much easier to fix if it's just my legacy family. (I always remove my mod folder when a new update comes out and play "vanilla" for a while to see how things go. But every once in a while, I forget that I've taken it out and open the wrong save. And the problem happens even if you don't "save" but back out quickly. Urgh!!!)