We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
March 1st - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    The welcome wagon fruitcake probably tastes really good.
  • sulfurstylesssulfurstyless Posts: 100 Member
    edited January 2022
    A good chunk of people may disagree with this, but Moschino and Nifty Knitting are great stuff packs - they're useful, too - especially as somebody who takes billions of screenshots in the game and knitting is a good freelance career.

Moreover, Tiny Living is rather... um... useless? Anybody can build tiny homes, even with the base game, and besides, most furniture isn't even space-saving, for example the murphy bed takes a lot of space in a tiny home. This could've been the perfect opportunity to add bunk beds, mini-refrigerators (which can be attached to a counter) and the All-In-One Bathroom item which was in The Sims 3 Island Paradise and Movie Stuff. The only other thing coming with it is the ability to raise your skills faster - I can do it with cheats if I wanted to without owning TL.
    Post edited by sulfurstyless on
    Ambitions > Island Paradise > World Adventures > Generations > Showtime > Seasons > Supernatural > University Life > Pets > Late Night > Into The Future
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »

You must have the rare hidden trait that makes Sims like it!
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • sulfurstylesssulfurstyless Posts: 100 Member
    Something else I want to say is - what keeps me engaged in playing with families are the hiking in Mt. Komorebi and Festival of Youth. So basically, Snowy Escape is somewhat of a life-saver for me when it comes to family gameplay.
    Ambitions > Island Paradise > World Adventures > Generations > Showtime > Seasons > Supernatural > University Life > Pets > Late Night > Into The Future
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Sims 4 moodlets are good. Whims aren't.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I like how each game does things differently, I don't want this game to just be a copy paste of the old games
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,442 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I like how each game does things differently, I don't want this game to just be a copy paste of the old games

Yes! If I want to play a Sims 2 or 3 style game, I already have those. I don't need Sims 4, 5 and beyond to be just a repeat of the older games.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    Elliandre wrote: »

You must have the rare hidden trait that makes Sims like it!

Haha I guess so :lol:
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,442 Member
    I’m glad RoM didn’t get too Harry Potter.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Ive bought some kits myself, but I dont understand the line that theyre 'meant for niche audiences' like why would they try to appeal to the smallest amount of customers at a time instead of delivering major desires that most simmers want? I think its leftovers or things designed as microtransactions. I think its fine for people who want them, but the amount we have now is quite ridiculous.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • BowtrucklerBowtruckler Posts: 16 Member
    My controversial opinion is....I just enjoy actually playing the game. I've tried to build properties but I found it stressful and not fun at all and they all looked rubbish. Its probably just me, but I didn't find the game at all intuitive or user friendly when I tried to build, and I found it impossible to put a decent roof on anything. Its easier and more fun to just play.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    My controversial opinion is....I just enjoy actually playing the game. I've tried to build properties but I found it stressful and not fun at all and they all looked rubbish. Its probably just me, but I didn't find the game at all intuitive or user friendly when I tried to build, and I found it impossible to put a decent roof on anything. Its easier and more fun to just play.

I think you'd be surprised by how many Simmers are just like you; "builders" are actually probably a minority of the player base.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,092 Member
    I don't mind that Kits have replaced Stuff Packs. However, I just don't understand why they aren't organized like the Packs in the Menu.
  • CopperBoltCopperBolt Posts: 132 Member
    Seasons is overrated. The holiday system is fun to play through once but even regular rain is annoying and gets in the way of good gameplay.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I like how every world always has bars, they're a pretty important lot to have in any world for me as it gives my sims a reason to leave their house and meet the other townies. :)
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 2,707 Member
    My unpopular opinion is; i don't like star wars. :|
    Gallrey ID: Le_Slacker
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    As someone who typically creates sims for my sims to marry, I don’t really care about an attraction system, nor do I think that romance needs some big overhaul.
    edited February 2022
    SimDork23 wrote: »
    As someone who typically creates sims for my sims to marry, I don’t really care about an attraction system, nor do I think that romance needs some big overhaul.

I don't create sims for my sims to marry, and even I agree with that sentiment. I decide who the Sims that I control are attracted to...I don't need the game to do it for me. I remember having to constantly use cheat codes in TS2 to get the Sims who I wanted together to be attractive to each other; I don't need that extra layer of annoyance in my game.

That said, I'd like some kind of attaction system to be able to run where Sims I don't control are involved. And either way, adding it but providing toggles like they have for aging. (Played/unplayed, etc.) would work great and make everyone happy.
  • SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited February 2022
    @Stormkeep I struggled with that in the Sims 2, as well! Lol. I agree that an attraction system toggle would be great for everyone!
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I'm not all that excited for the wedding pack tbh, it should have been a base game update. But no, gotta slap a price tag on it because it's something that the fandom has been crying out for, for years at this point.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    I want Get to Work, but I really don't want aliens.
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    The attraction/chemistry system I get from mods is better than one by EA will be. I hope they don't add one because it might mess up what I am doing with the mods. :P
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    LynnPlayz1 wrote: »

If it helps, I've had Get To Work for years and I haven't run into any aliens without having to try very hard to find them :lol:
    edited February 2022
    LynnPlayz1 wrote: »

I have had Get to Work since it came out and only "saw" an alien one time with one Sim. I know they're out there though. Mulder told me.

No, seriously, the reason I know they are out there is that occasionally one of my sims gets a moodlet indicating they met an alien. Never figured out who it was though. :lol:

Aliens in TS4 are in 'disguise' most of the time. The one time I did see one is because my Sim got abducted. I haven't done the scientist career yet though. I imagine if you do that Live career you'll see aliens at some point.

You can use mods to disable aliens entirely though if you get the pack and just want them gone gone.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top