We have a new survey live for you to provide feedback on the new EA forums! Click here to read more.
March 1st - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone know what the "Scouting Manual" is for?

I do the Scouting activity with a lot of sim children/teens in my game. Since Seasons came out and added it, I've probably done scouting with at least 40 or more Sims. After getting the Scouting Manual on the twin girls in one of my current played-households today I realized though that I have absolutely no idea what the darn book is for.

I've had some kids read it, and completely ignored it with many others....and I've never noticed it making any difference in anything. Does anyone know its purpose? Or is it just a bit of flavor for those who do scouting?
This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
The Winters family Tree --- My Mods

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,517 Member
    My twins recently earned the Gold Scouting Trophy and I don't remember ever having them read the scouting manual. I checked Carl's scouting guide and he doesn't even mention it.
    #EA CreatorNetwork
    AHQ Champion
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    My twins recently earned the Gold Scouting Trophy and I don't remember ever having them read the scouting manual. I checked Carl's scouting guide and he doesn't even mention it.

Yah, I trawled several different guides for it, including Carl's. Only some of them mention it at all, and the ones that mention it just say what causes you to get it....not what it's good for.

I guess it must just be flavor.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    I think it possibly makes gains towards one of the badges or a parenthood attribute but I run so many mods I forget what's vanilla and what's not.
  • BowtrucklerBowtruckler Posts: 16 Member
    I think its just window dressing. I've played several run throughs where my Sim hasn't read it or interacted with it, and it makes no difference that I can see in achieving the Scouting Aptitude Reward Trait.
  • scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    It is like all other books. Your bookworm Sims will like reading it but not much special about it game play wise.