Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They should do a stuff pack for men.

Comments

• rhaliusrhalius Posts: 455 Member
    Oh I doubt there would be a growing beard update since that would be content focused on men. Can't have that. Can't even give them body hair, they all must look like Ken dolls.
  • TheShortSimmerTheShortSimmer Posts: 70 Member
    I really like this idea. But the sims team openly saying "hey we screwed up all these years by not giving enough items for male sims" just screams something they would never do.
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    My Wedding Stories is again a game pack for the women.
    Well, not exclusively. Looked at by that narrow binary, there are probably people out there who think The Sims is a game 'for the women'.

It'd be interesting to see a demographic breakdown of The Sims and its various expansions.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited February 2022

Absolutely no men, non-binary folks, and transgender folk don’t like weddings?

(I understand the neglect of masculine or male clothing, of course, but weddings are not female-exclusive, though many women/girls do love the concept of weddings. (*coughs* Like me)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member

As only women get married, yes?
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited February 2022
    Just The Sims is copying the Barbie's themes.
    Of course guys are free to play with this doll but they won't be the majority of the players.

81pnfx10.jpg
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
    edited February 2022
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    There are some men that still like weddings. My Uncle married & is still married to my Aunt. :) My Dad married my Mom & they were married 'till death do them part. (I lost my Dad back in 2004 :'( )
    And I heard that the great Elton John is married. :)
    On another note: I actually remember the Barbie & Ken Wedding dolls back in my childhood. :p
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    I doubt they will do a stuff pack for MASCULINE men. They're an endangered species now.
    I agree with you, @JPNeko. I've always expected that with the younger generation. It's starting to become an Amazon Woman Warrior Nation. :p
    edited February 2022
    Just The Sims is copying the Barbie's themes.
    Of course guys are free to play with this doll but they won't be the majority of the players.

81pnfx10.jpg

So…wanting to play a life event in a life simulation game is being compared with playing with Barbies?

Going by that logic, then the men are playing with Ken, since they’re playing this same silly life simulation game called The Sims, too, and this actual thread is asking for stuff and accessories for the male Sims aka Ken.

I’m fine with Barbies. I actually collect some types of them (and anime figurines and superhero and video game statues/figures) in real life. :smile: I would not like to be patronized about my hobbies, especially since we are ALL (women and men) are being geeky about SIMS on a SIMS FORUM. (We are all such video gaming “nerds”, hehe.)
    (She/her)
  • scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    I would love any pack that actually had clothes I would wear shopping or to work. I would buy any pack for a lose fitting T-shirt and normal cut or loose fitting jeans. Clothes for lower to middle class working men are so lacking. I don't know any men that dress like the sims offerings on a daily basis. As a working class man I feel totally unrepresented in this game. I would buy a mans stuff pack, as long as it has just one item I would actually want to wear in real life.
    edited February 2022
    I think a more
    scoed1227 wrote: »
    I would love any pack that actually had clothes I would wear shopping or to work. I would buy any pack for a lose fitting T-shirt and normal cut or loose fitting jeans. Clothes for lower to middle class working men are so lacking. I don't know any men that dress like the sims offerings on a daily basis. As a working class man I feel totally unrepresented in this game. I would buy a mans stuff pack, as long as it has just one item I would actually want to wear in real life.

I think having a more masculine clothing and more focus on more hands-on work jobs/hobbies would be great. Like something like the Diesel pack from Sims 3, or just a lot more down to earth masculine clothing and handy (mechanical or sports or engineering, etc) stuff in general.

Male and masculine Sims (which can include female, androgynous, and non-binary Sims who dress in more masculine styled clothing) definitely need more love!
    (She/her)
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I completely agree with the last two post normal masculine not skintight loose fitting t-shirts jeans are desperately needed and a Diesel like pack would be nice. We have more than enough ugly high fashion clothing in horrible styles and colors but are extremely limited on things like sweatpants hoodies tank tops long sleeve t-shirts sports clothing and shoes.

Oh wow just looking at the Sims 3 Diesel pack men got one underwear eleven tops, seven pairs of jeans, two full outfits, two pairs of shoes I can't imagine how many packs that would take with Sims 4 to get that much male clothing that was actually designed for men all in one pack and that with a color wheel.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    Is it bad I bought that men's wear kit to dress my female Sims? I would not put a straight male sim in any of it. But I like it on my female sims.. Well some of it, as some of it is just an eye sore on any sim. We have enough eye sore clothing. Please no more of that.
  • akuheikomatsuakuheikomatsu Posts: 79 Member
    Yeah, I was actually pretty disappointed with the Modern Menswear Kit tbh. I wish they’d stop collaborating with designers who are seriously out of touch with middle class fashion. Even though I make decent money, I would never pay $500 for a t-shirt or a holey sweater. There are a ton of great examples of casual menswear. I really want more long dress coats with suits/vests underneath and puffer jackets with fur trimmed hoods.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    JPNeko wrote: »
    I doubt they will do a stuff pack for MASCULINE men. They're an endangered species now.

True. It won’t be long before we’re all fossilized. We can only hope they’ll dedicate a tiny corner to manly mankind in some dusty extinct species section at the Natural History Museum of Nowhere Land.

“Ok people, over here you can see the big toe of a Cuddly Woolly Mammoth. Such a sweet beast ‘twas. Very helpful in the household. Its babies got along great with the little cave children.”

“And what’s this strange thing over here?”

”Oh..that? Never mind that. It’s a m..ma….mascul..masc…sorry the word has gone extinct too. NO DON’T TOUCH THAT!! It’s cursed. ‘Twas such a useless and pathetic sort of species anyway. Let’s move on to something more interesting. That thing shouldn’t really be here anyways. Its remains shall be incinerated at once!”

“We agree, EEWW, let’s move on to something worthwhile. We didn’t pay nothing to see THAT.”

”AAAH…yes dear people, now look here, the beloved passenger pingeon, such a wonderful bird. Such a wonderful species ‘twas. It’s dearly missed. Dearly missed so it is.”

• PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    "MASCULINE MEN" can it be the next occult pack?!
    edited February 2022
    Peral wrote: »

It's not possible because it's not T rated :p

Children would be shocked by the masculinity.

• PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    edited February 2022
    I absolutely agree with this suggestion. I am forced to only use like 3 or 4 pairs of pants for my sims who prefer to wear masculine clothes (regardless of gender). There's the name for the pack "The Masculine pack. It's gender neutral.

Body hair is a HUGE problem in most types of animation. It's almost like the animation world wants to deny that hair grows everywhere... even on women. I have always wanted to see more body hair and less man-buns.

Edit:
    Having said that, I have a few male sims who wear more masculine looking femine skirts because I personally would wear them IF they existed and were not feminine. I'm a male and I prefer masculine clothing but something like a kilt, or even old-style Roman soldier skirts would definitely be something I would wear.
    Wouldn't that be nice. :)
  • ImagebearImagebear Posts: 46 Member
    As a male, I didn't notice that we were neglected. I also wear the same two shirt everyday like a cartoon character though.
  • PenguinFoopPenguinFoop Posts: 1,582 Member
    Peral wrote: »

It's not possible because it's not T rated :p

Children would be shocked by the masculinity.

You made my dog jump when I read that. LMAO 🤣