Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Honest question about "gallery items" listings and "pack specific content"

AnnabellaroseAnnabellarose Posts: 30 Member
I am seeing items listed on both the gallery tab (both houses and sims) and on the sidebar of the news tab that obviously have pack specific content yet the listings state "This Gallery item dose not use any pack specific content." I am looking right at a sim wearing all Carnaval Streetwear Kit items and then a room (specifically a bathroom) that obviously has a washer, a dryer, and a hamper from Laundry Day. Am I experiencing an error in my game/gallery?
Post edited by Annabellarose on

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I feel like something is wrong related to the gallery with this newest kit released because literally ALL of the Sims I've seen which use the new kit are showing absolutely no packs required regardless of what other packs were used. It's like they broke something related to the gallery with the new kit.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • AnnabellaroseAnnabellarose Posts: 30 Member
    The room that I am talking about with the washer, dryer, and hamper has been up like that since before the carnaval kit release.
    edited February 2022
    The room that I am talking about with the washer, dryer, and hamper has been up like that since before the carnaval kit release.

Yah, I've seen that too on some items. Maybe people know how to edit the files so it doesn't indicate any packs required and think it will help them get more downloads.
    Or they just uploaded it without the laundry facilities but used a picture that has them in there. Tons of people use custom pictures for their gallery uploads and the pictures could have been taken before the laundry stuff was removed. Have you actually downloaded it to see if it truly has the washer/dryer in it?

BTW, there is a hamper in the base game. It just isn't functional.
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,027 Member
    I’ve noticed that even before the Carnaval kit. When I save a lot, it doesn’t show all the packs I’ve used. It’s not because of CC or mods either because I don’t use them. And I don’t change the photo either so there’s definitely something wrong.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member
    edited February 2022
    I am seeing items listed on the both the gallery tab (both houses and sims) and on the sidebar of the news tab that obviously have pack specific content yet the listings state "This Gallery item dose not use any pack specific content." I am looking right at a sim wearing all Carnaval Streetwear Kit items and then a room (specifically a bathroom) that obviously has a washer and dryer and a hamper from Laundry Day. Am I experiencing an error in my game/gallery?

Unfortunately, it does that a lot. "This Gallery item does not use any pack specific content."

Other than the obvious, seeing it right in front of you, the only way to really know is to download it and check it in your private library.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• AnnabellaroseAnnabellarose Posts: 30 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    BTW, there is a hamper in the base game. It just isn't functional.

No, it's one of the Laundry Day hampers (specifically the Feelin' Fabric Hamper). I have just about everything save for the Star Wars GP, a couple of SPs, and most of the kits. I had just noticed this happening recently and wondered if anyone else was seeing too...
    Well, as buggy as every Sims game ever made has been, I guess it shouldn't be too much of a surprise that the gallery has glitches too. . .