Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wasn't the last pack released half a year ago?

13...Next

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Cottage Living is SO GOOD! I was hyped that we were going to continue getting quality expansion and packs like that but instead they are shoving kits down our throat! I have bought the Bust the Dust and plant one. I regret the Bust the Dust because it's so buggy and needs mods to be less annoying with its strong moodlets. Please just give us quality game and expansion packs!

I agree, Cottage Living is my second favorite of all the expansions we have had so far.

I'm choosing to remain optimistic that the reason it's been so long since our last EP is that they are working on one that is going to be super amazing and they are taking the time to do it right and that all the kits are just a byproduct of their artists needing "something to do" while they finish all of the animation and coding work the EP requires.
    I'm going to hold onto that hope until we actually get the next EP and find out the truth one way or the other.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    I feel like the writing is on the wall about The Sims 5. It's painfully obvious they are turning TS5 into what TS4 was supposed to be: "Sims Olympus." No thanks. Not to mention the amount of microtransactions (here's a loot box, maybe you'll get a dining set!) I'm sure that games going to have. They can drag out The Sims 4 forever for all I care. I hope I'm wrong but not very optimistic.
  • MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Melisendre wrote: »
    The last game pack with really good gameplay was Realm of Magic published 2019!

This is highly subjective though. In my eyes at least, ROM is the GP I get the least use out of (besides Batuu).

Even if I dislike the gameplay of a pack I am able to difference between my personal preferences and the amount and quality of gameplay. For example I don't play with Vampires but I would say the gameplay is good for everyone who likes it.

Being objective you have to admit there is a huge difference between the gameplay of RoM and DHD and Batuu. It is only about the gameplay and not if you like or dislike a pack.
    Decorating homes is no gameplay it is build mode. And Batuu is so different I wouldn't call it a game pack. It is more like another game.
    RoM has a lot of new and unique gameplay.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,458 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    asa144 wrote: »
    Do you think it would have been good to drag TS2 and TS3 out for nearly a decade rather than giving us newer versions of the game?

As a matter of fact, I do. I still play both TS2 and TS3 as well and would love if there had been even more official content for them. Personally, I'd love if they continued the development of each Sims game's content for several years even AFTER the next version comes out, because there has yet to be a Sims game worth playing until a few years after it is released, when there are some solid EPs and GPs for it as well.

Additionally, with all of the issues TS3 had, especially performance-wise, we'd probably have gotten a much better TS3 if they'd taken more time developing it and continued content for TS2 longer while working on TS3 in order to have steady income.
    The same can be said about longer development for TS4 so that some of the core game mechanics could have been in at launch.

The community that has been "in a hurry" for the next Sims game to be released due to shortcomings in the current iteration are generally the same people that end up complaining the loudest about the shortcomings of what comes next, from what I've seen in these forums. You'd think after 3 sequels you'd all have learned better.

You, once again, are so spot on. You nailed it!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Do you think it would have been good to drag TS2 and TS3 out for nearly a decade rather than giving us newer versions of the game?

As a matter of fact, I do. I still play both TS2 and TS3 as well and would love if there had been even more official content for them. Personally, I'd love if they continued the development of each Sims game's content for several years even AFTER the next version comes out, because there has yet to be a Sims game worth playing until a few years after it is released, when there are some solid EPs and GPs for it as well.

Additionally, with all of the issues TS3 had, especially performance-wise, we'd probably have gotten a much better TS3 if they'd taken more time developing it and continued content for TS2 longer while working on TS3 in order to have steady income.
    The same can be said about longer development for TS4 so that some of the core game mechanics could have been in at launch.

The community that has been "in a hurry" for the next Sims game to be released due to shortcomings in the current iteration are generally the same people that end up complaining the loudest about the shortcomings of what comes next, from what I've seen in these forums. You'd think after 3 sequels you'd all have learned better.

I do agree with you on the issues that some players were complaining about in Sims 3 for EA/Maxis in my eyes never truly tackled most serious issues that was plaguing Sims 3 and what did they do they just cut all the features that was in Sims 3 and made sure not to include them in Sims 4 and why I never give EA/Maxis hardly any kudos for any accomplishments in Sims 4 and Sims 4 is not perfect as there are shortcomings even if it does not have what Sims 3 had so much for cutting performance eating features. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Okay... what exactly is the point you're trying to make? Yeah, the most recent expansion pack (Cottage Living) was released last summer... I'm not even an EA apologist, but what do you want from them? Do you want rushed out expansion packs? We're in the middle of a pandemic. For once, EA actually has a legitimate excuse for not releasing as much content. It's not something I'll hold against them either.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • RitaMaryRitaMary Posts: 51 Member
    Yes but there were several kits after that
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2022
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

I do agree with you on the issues that some players were complaining about in Sims 3 for EA/Maxis in my eyes never truly tackled most serious issues that was plaguing Sims 3 and what did they do they just cut all the features that was in Sims 3 and made sure not to include them in Sims 4 and why I never give EA/Maxis hardly any kudos for any accomplishments in Sims 4 and Sims 4 is not perfect as there are shortcomings even if it does not have what Sims 3 had so much for cutting performance eating features. :D

Yes, it's funny the bucket list contains a mention that lag in TS4 needs fixed (laundry list) but people curse TS3 for lag, when on better machines these days it runs like a dream and offers so much more than TS4 can ever hope to do.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    RitaMary wrote: »
    Yes but there were several kits after that

That's the point. Last year, despite what the devs said, kits appeared to take the place of regular packs. For anyone that mostly plays the game in Live mode, kits are largely useless (since there has only been one gameplay kit released & BTD is buggy). So, people that want gameplay are a bit starved for content.