Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding Pack Coming?

Comments

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,402 Member
    A wedding planner career may be way more fun than simply some interactions and clothes for our standard wedding ceremonies.
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    I think a wedding planner option was included in one of the previous pack surveys.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member

@Alumia_Italia, the same Microsoft insider who provided us with leaks for some of the last few Kits for The Sims 4 (including Blooming Rooms and Carnaval Streetwear) is back with another report!

Apparently there is now first information regarding The Sims 4’s upcoming Game Pack which was already rumored to be themed around weddings.

Is that why we got Neighborhood Stories? Matchmaking???

I feel wedding planning or some kind of wedding party customization may be most likely, since those things were on that one wedding pack survey.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,373 Member

@Alumia_Italia, the same Microsoft insider who provided us with leaks for some of the last few Kits for The Sims 4 (including Blooming Rooms and Carnaval Streetwear) is back with another report!

Apparently there is now first information regarding The Sims 4’s upcoming Game Pack which was already rumored to be themed around weddings.

I feel wedding planning or some kind of wedding party customization may be most likely, since those things were on that one wedding pack survey.

If it's wedding planning I wonder how it will work. With Dream Home Decorator the game deletes your renovations after you finish the gig. So, I wonder if with this pack we will organize weddings for sims that will not stay married after we finish the wedding planning gig. Also, hope the game won't just get some random sims to get married, hope there will be some logic to it.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

If it's wedding planning I wonder how it will work. With Dream Home Decorator the game deletes your renovations after you finish the gig. So, I wonder if with this pack we will organize weddings for sims that will not stay married after we finish the wedding planning gig. Also, hope the game won't just get some random sims to get married, hope there will be some logic to it.

I'm pretty sure that your renvoations stay after the gig. I didn't play with the Designer Career a lot, but on James Turner's LP of the pack, when he'd go back to a repeat client, the changes were still there.

How interested I am in a wedding planner career really depends on what you do with it. If it's suggesting venues, caterers and entertainment, that might be fun once or twice, but it's not enough for me to want to play it regularly.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited February 2022
    'My Wedding Stories'? What a strange title...
    I have some concerns.
    'Stories' makes me think of scenarios or challenges.

With the way the Sims 4 has been going lately, it wouldn't surprise me if they made Weddings into some sort of challenge. Maybe you play as a Wedding Planner and have a deadline for preparing someone's wedding? Or maybe you're the matchmaker and the challenge is to pair sims together?
    And please do not make this a scripted plot like Strangerville!

I'd rather just have improved romance, not some new challenge. But, I'll hold my judgement for now.
    The title doesn't make me too optimistic though.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited February 2022
    *Deleted* Double posting
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    My interest in this one is... quickly dwindling. :tired_face:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I'm trying to reserve judgment, but if it's what it sounds like, man did they read the room wrong.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Maybe it will have a wedding album and we can add wedding photos and notes to it to make a wedding story?
  • HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    edited February 2022
    I'm so afraid they won't implement any sort of attraction system in the end... Ok, I've said it loud. But I do not feel better, huh.

Judging by this title I have a bad feeling this'll be DHD 2.0. And probably tied to half-baked Stories system indeed (as I said I'm still thinking the pack was delayed due to some issues with Stories specifically). I guess we'll know soon enough. If it's to be released so soon the trailer should be right around the corner.
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    If these are just scenarios, I'm not buying it. And maybe there won't even be an attraction system or slow dancing even. I have to lower my expectation from now on.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited February 2022
    The title name gives me hope it won't have anything that scream France in it :D

On the other hand, I am not quite sure if this is a pack I want. I want romance. This does not sound like romance at all.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    'My Wedding Stories'? What a strange title...
    I have some concerns.
    'Stories' makes me think of scenarios or challenges.

With the way the Sims 4 has been going lately, it wouldn't surprise me if they made Weddings into some sort of challenge. Maybe you play as a Wedding Planner and have a deadline for preparing someone's wedding? Or maybe you're the matchmaker and the challenge is to pair sims together?
    And please do not make this a scripted plot like Strangerville!

I'd rather just have improved romance, not some new challenge. But, I'll hold my judgement for now.
    The title doesn't make me too optimistic though.

I think we will be lucky if this pack has as much game play as Strangerville has, Honestly have you seen Dream Home Decorator? A career that was nothing but a reskin of build mode and little more. That was all the gameplay in that pack. Why should we believe this pack will do better game play wise? It is even more narrow and shallow of a theme. EZ hasn't exactly gone too far off of theme in any of their Sims 4 game packs. I see an update to weddings and a freestyle career that is a retread of CAS, story system and/or the party system and that is it. Expecting more will be a path to disappointment. They have been skimping on the gameplay as of late.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    If it doesn't come with an attraction/chemestry system, complex couples and betrayals and being able to have conflicts in the marriage, there's no point. Basically, if its just an utopia wedding pack with no diffuclties, I don't see the point.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    My Weirder Wedding Stories…
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited February 2022
    'My Wedding Stories'

Ugh. Sounds like another linear task driven pack.

It doesn't sound promising... well.. at least we have plenty of Kits to look forward to.. :#
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,937 Member
    edited February 2022
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    My Weirder Wedding Stories…

tbh My Funeral Stories has better ring to it

I think its the ''my'' that throws me off like its not ''my'' wedding dang it its for the little pixel people
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    edited February 2022
    I’m not sure how I feel about the possible name of the game pack and what it could mean.

I have been wanting a wedding park for a really long time. But I was perfectly happy with it being a stuff back. I also like linear storylines but I can’t imagine that you could make a really good, flushed out one that just involves weddings.

I just can’t imagine a game pack that revolves around just weddings. So I’m really hoping they lean towards general romance.

I am eagerly awaiting any new information. I wish they just released a trailer already.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    I’m not sure how I feel about the possible name of the game pack and what it could mean.

I have been wanting a wedding park for a really long time. But I was perfectly happy with it being a stuff back. I also like linear storylines but I can’t imagine that you could make a really good, flushed out one that just involves weddings.

I just can’t imagine a game pack that revolves around just weddings. So I’m really hoping they lean towards general romance.

I am eagerly awaiting any new information. I wish they just released a trailer already.

Well in the roadmap it did say throw a party for love.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    edited February 2022
    Even if this is just on weddings I'm hoping it will still include the vibrating heart shaped bed and some lip 💋 sofas. I'm hoping to see the vibrating heart shaped bed in action in the trailer.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited February 2022
    Even if this is just on weddings I'm hoping it will still include the vibrating heart shaped bed and some lip 💋 sofas. I'm hoping to see the vibrating heart shaped bed in action in the trailer.

They keep this stuff for My First Woohoo Story Expansion Pack :p
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited February 2022
    Let's see if Maxis understood what a Wedding really implies
    • Musicians/DJ
    • Petit-four
    • Waiter service
    • Wedding witness/bridesmaid
    • Parent approval/disapproval
    • Wedding gifts

But also the way it's done in the other cultures (Asian, Muslim, ...)
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    At the very least I'm hoping it adds Bachelor/Bacherlorette parties, but I'm not hopeful for any more romance content beyond the 'big day'. And even then I'm not confident that wedding guests will even sit down, or that if they do that they'll continue to play musical chairs TS4 style.