Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    February - Day 2: "Fortress of Solitude..."

Dr0dAQO.png

Notes
    Qgc6DFX.png
    The next day Cale took a walk around the area and almost immediately found a modern dock someone had built a few yards from where he'd slept. A dock meant boats, which meant someone either lived here or came here often. It gave him hope that he really was just on a coastline and if he walked inland, he'd find a house or a town.

Cale decided to keep exploring the coastline before taking a trek inland. If he didn't find a house close by, he had no way of knowing just how far he'd have to go before finding anyone. It would be best to gain more strength first.

5KOrvIt.png
    (Another dock? Maybe more than one family or person lives here? Could be a park or something too I guess.)

pDTCzCI.png
    Cale kept walking and gasped when he saw houses across the water from where he stood.
    (I bet I could swim that far.)
    (But not yet.)

Swimming across the expanse of water to the other coastline didn't look very far to his mind, but he knew in his condition, he might not make it. It would be best to wait until he was fully recovered. Besides, if he found someone here, he wouldn't have to resort to swimming over there anyway.

Cale continued along the coast.

5w2gjDi.png
    The temperature rose with the hot noonday sun. Cale took off his shoes and sweater to get some relief. He found yet another dock and a bonfire someone had assembled but, thankfully, hadn't lit. He could use the wood and nails to build a shelter. He'd come back to get it later.
    (Score!)

b1epbYi.png
    For now, something else had caught his eye in the distance. It looked like the ruins of an ancient castle or some kind of fortress. If he were in better condition, Cale knew he could probably climb up the wall to see what was on top. However, there was a path along the side of it which appeared to lead to the top anyway.

Hs44h7A.png
    At the top was a clearing much bigger than the one he'd claimed for himself. Dotted along the sides were more remnants of the structure that had once been here. Cale saw even more ruins perched atop a little island across from where he stood. There was a sand bar below he could possibly walk across to get to it, but it was surrounded by steep vertical rocky cliffs.

From this height, Cale could clearly see, he was indeed on an island. He didn't see any houses, but there could be some nestled among the trees hidden from his current view.

d2QrA6c.png
    He continued along the perimeter of the cliff top and discovered an overgrown cave entrance, or rather a tunnel since he could see light coming from somewhere below a stairway carved into the rocky cliffside.
    (Should I see where it goes?)
    (Why not?)

Cale went down the stairway, clutching a hand-railing fastened to the side of the cliff. At the bottom was a tunnel lined with carved stone bricks. It looked as ancient as the ruins. Every 10-12 feet, modern day oil lanterns hung from ancient torch holders. The walls were a bit damp and he could hear water dripping somewhere ahead of him.

(You're walking under the channel between the islands, aren't you scared it'll collapse?)
    (Nah, it looks solid...mostly. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?)

nJQwVeI.png
    At the other end was another opening exactly like the entrance. He stepped into the sunshine atop the adjacent island and surveyed the area.
    (Yes! Another unlit bonfire baby!)

aUnfthu.png
    Cale looked to his right and saw the ruins he'd seen from the other island. Someone had sprayed graffiti on this side. There was also the ruins of gigantic columns. He saw a low-lying mist hovering above the ground near the columns and wondered what was causing it.

arm4i24.png
    Cale walked over and stared in amazement. He'd found the ruins of a natural hot springs or maybe a Roman bath from the past? It didn't look like someone in modern times had purposely made it anyway. However, it could've been built to look like it belonged here.

A diving platform on one end did seem to be recently made out of stuff from the ruins though.
    (Should I go for a swim?)
    (When in Rome...)

zZ03rwP.png
    "WAHOOOOOOOOOO!" *splash*

DEzefaz.png
    (Okay, I could get used to this!)

3dB2MoQ.png
    Except for the bonfire, a trash can and graffiti, it looked like an area mostly untouched by anyone since ancient times. It seemed the only modern day people that had been here, at least recently, were maybe teens like himself looking for a an unsupervised area to hangout and have fun with their friends. The big question was, would any of them be back soon? He had to believe they would since it was Summer.

7rtvPyk.png
    Cale floated on his back and dozed. He was enjoying having a special place to go to relax a little and reflect on his thoughts. At least now, there was real hope someone would come here to rescue him. And if not? He might be able to rescue himself instead!

I'll get started on comments/replies next. Hope y'all had a great day/night! <3
    @afai1261
    He does! I did the same thing last year, tried to match up outfits for their current world. Didn't always work, but I tried.

Oh yay! So we'll get to see more of your gorgeous Sims then, I'm more than happy about that. Yep, you know I'll recognize them at least since I entered and followed her challenge for quite a few rounds, as you know. :) Oh good, I figured Adonis must be a mermaid still, but wanted to ask. He's so dang cute! :)

Alrighty, was just curious and doubly curious now to see who the first 6 members turn out to be. I haven't figured out yet how Cale will have a club or what kind yet. But I'm sure I will soon. :) I have ideas, just not sure how to work some of them out so might not go with it. We'll see... Sounds like a good plan with Hunter. You have free rein with him, yep. :)

Aww man, poor Aaron getting dizzy, nauseous and then later light-headed before the headache. Then the house comes 'alive.' Lovely! hehe So funny seeing Hunter scared of everything with the hauntings and Aaron acting like his reluctant rescuer. Bummer Yoshi got sick. Whoa! Expensive treatment. Love the house and I think you did a good job with the inside. Especially love the kitchen. Got a laugh out of the 'Morgan (NOT Hunter's Uncle). hehe And forgive me Aaron but too funny the soccer ball hit him in the face and he swore about it. Yep, not a good day for him. Nice Vet clinic you downloaded too.

Thanks about my daily pic of lonely Cale. He'll be alright though. At least he's safe from Lance. hehe The look on his face after using the pee bush was priceless! Yep, he's doing okay for himself and it won't be TOO long before he sees other Sims. Depends on how long I make him be stranded there. hehe

@LegacySims2017
    Very cool you had DJ actually go shopping to change his wardrobe for Windenburg! I've only done that for when Essa and Josh moved to SM. It was fun! He looks great by the way. Love how he saw Caitlin at school. I hope he can find a spot where he won't be asked to leave again. Yay! Hi Cale! Hi Aaron and Bryon! So glad Cale finally showed up for you. Love that he looks exactly as I intended him to look in your game.

I hope you're right L. can contact Cale, we'll see... Amnesia? Hmmm, that might've been interesting to pursue. Ah well.

MCCC, yeah, that's one Mod I don't have yet. I keep meaning to try it, but...I'm not all that into story progression and UI Cheats can do a lot of the same stuff as MCCC so I'm hesitant. I will someday though. :)

@Shadami
    Ah, okay. I purposely turned off any fame gain in my challenge save until Cale and Essa last year, were in DSV so that wouldn't happen. Just my own personal preference though. :)

Yes they did have a good time even if it was a blizzard. hehe I loved writing their dialogue in the Onsen. It was fun! His Step-Dad is the very definition evil, yes!

@permanentrose
    Hi Dylan! Wow, what service! All the way from Mt. Komorebi to deliver her groceries. hehe I love how Robin is such good friends with Aaron and Cale. The screenie of them hugging with Cale's big smile made ME smile. :) Absolutely love seeing him in your gameplay. Thanks! Oh! And there's Essa too! Hi dear, looking very lovely! :) And of course there's Vlad and Lydia. Who's the gal with the pink hair? She looks familiar. Hi Velma! Good to see you too. Ooo Cassie! She looks fabulous, great makeover! hehe Robin! Stop cheating! Might be fun doing that aspiration. Cale will be doing it too later in the challenge.
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-feb02.jpg
    February 2: A Glass House!
    D.J. woke up around 6am. He had noticed a building close to the small park with a sign out front at the top of the building that read 'Bathe De Rill Pool'. They must have showers there, D.J. thought. He could use one about now. He packed up his tent so it wouldn't be stolen as the park is a public spot.

dj-02-012.jpg

Thankfully, the doors were unlocked. D.J. entered to find it like a ghost town. But that was to be expected he thought. There was a Mixologist hanging out behind the bar looking bored. D.J. introduced himself. He told the Mixologist he's new in town and needed a shower. The Mixologist looked at him skeptically. But then he responded that the pool showers are one level down.

dj-02-013.jpg

D.J. shoved his clothes in a locker and headed to the shower room. The shower felt very refreshing to D.J.

dj-02-014.jpg

After his shower, D.J. grabbed one of his potatoes he stashed away from the little plant he harvested a few days ago. This was his breakfast for the morning. He hadn't had time yet to explore the town. He went back to his locker and checked his pants pockets. A little over 5k in simoleons. D.J was looking forward to graduating high school and then heading off to college to pursue a career. He didn't know in what yet, but something where he could then find a job he would love doing.

dj-02-015.jpg
    dj-02-016.jpg
    dj-02-017.jpg

On his way out, D.J. noticed a poster on the wall. It read, "Get Emotionally Mindful with Yoga & Meditation! Don't Build Strength with Muscles Only! Group Looking for New Members! Contact Adam Strong at 555-357-0258!" This brought D.J. back to his meditation hiking on the trails of Mt. Komorebi. He wondered if this was a sign. D.J. typed Adam's number down on his phone.

dj-02-018.jpg

After school, D.J. went about his earlier plans on finding a place to pitch his tent to hang out for a bit. He marched northward out of the area where a lot of the shop and other local hangouts were. He had to find a secluded area.

After about an hour walk, D.J. happened upon a glass house in the middle of almost nowhere. It looked abandoned. It appeared to have been used as a greenhouse. Going inside, there was a faucet. D.J. turned the handles to see water still ran from it. D.J. looked around. Everything had been removed. Just a few garden tools were left behind.

dj-02-019.jpg

D.J. saw it was getting late and he would need to be to work soon. He had enough simoleons to actually buy another tent, so he decided to test the waters and put his tent out before work. Hopefully it would still be there when he returned. And if it was, no one would occupy it for themselves.

dj-02-020.jpg

After work, D.J. came back to his tent and greenhouse as it was before he left for work. Not even footprints in the snow were seen except for his own. It was safe for now, but D.J. knew he would need to keep watch. It was much busier in Windenburg than it was in Mt. Komorebi. That was more of a tourist attraction. Not all, but majority of its residence were elders. Not here. He saw Sims of all ages walking the streets. D.J. called it a night and looked forward to contacting Adam tomorrow.

dj-02-021.jpg
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    edited February 2022
    February 2nd Comments:

@permanentrose
    I think Robin requested Dylan to continue her deliveries. He's a nice guy AND bold enough to help himself to her food. :lol: From the chess game images alone, Cassandra didn't even make a move yet and Robin was changing pieces. :joy:

@Shadami
    Too funny. You're the one taking pictures and you didn't even notice. That's why I thought you chose that one. Cause of Vlad standing there. :lol:
    Velma's computer must be something awesome if everyone is there to use it. :joy: Even Yamachan!

@Carebear92
    Congrats to Savannah on the raise. Looking forward to seeing her climb the mountain excursion. I think I know who she's going to pick to tag along with her. :wink:

@RememberJoy
    I like Adam's new clothing style. It fits him well.

Expect to see a lot of Adam in my challenge gameplay for this month. I hope you don't mind. He also has a club in my gameplay that I am having D.J. join.

@Karababy52
    Had to do a cheeky grin :blush: at your daily image. You do like I do with the nekkidness. Cracks me up. I like those shots of him on the The Crumbling Isle. I haven't explored it too much. I did place @RememberJoy 's Adam Strong there. It looks like a nice place for meditation.
    My plan is for D.J. to have outfits based on the Packs you put forth for the Challenges. So, he'll pretty much change each month to match. I was happy to see Cale and Bryon as well. Yeah, I found all your custom content and easily installed them. Glad Cale looks like he is supposed to. I was bummed just to see Selena during January, so I decided to place her there in Mt. Komorebi as her home. Cale and Bryon are "Not in a World" right now. Trying to figure out a right place for them to live. As I already mentioned, @lilypadmeulin 's Lilly is in Mt. Komorebi, @RememberJoy 's Adam is in Windenburg. @permanentrose 's Robin lives on Sulani and @afai1261 's Aaron and Hunter live together in Forgotten Hollows. All other Challenge Sims are "Not in a World".
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited April 2023
    February 3
    IYHfIaIE_o.jpg
    Aaron, Hunter and Yoshi met with Morgan outside the cafe she had mentioned: South Square Coffee, right across from the vet clinic.
    "It's been a while!" he said with a smile, which she did not return. "You okay?" he asked, eyebrows knitted in concern.
    "Yeah... no... ugh. It sucks being a woman," she said with a groan.
    "Oh, I know all about that," Aaron said. "Which is why I transitioned." Obviously, that wasn't the only reason, but he winked, trying to lighten the mood, and she sighed, muttering something about wishing it were that simple.
    66lhkkT.png
    (Morgan was uncomfortable, and I'm attributing it to Wonderful Whims' menstrual cycle feature)

They entered the cafe, Morgan greeting a few of the patrons, and the stress of the day - from the mountain of work he'd had to do at school to taking Yoshi to the vet - and how badly he'd slept the previous night began to weigh on Aaron's shoulders. And then there were all the people in the establishment making him tense (and Hunter still owed him that massage), and he couldn't keep the glare, that he normally reserved for people that really 🐸🐸🐸🐸 him off, off his face. And then he abruptly remembered that Hunter had never told him what his uncle's connection to Morgan Fyres was. He glanced through the window at Hunter, who was talking to Yoshi and resolved to ask him tonight.
    3ZNRKu9.png
    "Right. Your club," he said to Morgan. He hadn't meant for it to come out as snappy as it did, but she recoiled for a second, looking surprised.
    "With an attitude like that, you'll fit right in," she retorted, and he stared at her for a moment.
    "Sorry," he said, rubbing his eyes. "I don't think I slept very well last night. That was uncalled for..." He tried to relax, but there were so many strangers here, and... Breathe. Breathe. For a terrifying moment he thought that Hunter's uncle had followed them here (no, no, no!), and his heart rate spiked. Breathe, slow!
    Morgan laughed slightly. "Yeah, I get that. Oh crap, you need to sit down." She looked around and pushed him down into an empty chair. "We can discuss the club another day." Aaron barely heard her as he stared uneasily at the table, trying to ground himself, his breathing getting faster every second. And then Hunter's voice was telling him he was okay, Yoshi was here, did he need a doggo hug? Inhale through the nose, exhale through the mouth. Hunter apologising to Morgan and the other patrons. Offering him a cannoli. The world was moving too fast. There were too many voices. Don't scream.

Aaron sat on the couch, breathing heavily, head in his hands. He'd embarrassed himself in front of so many people. In front of Morgan. And he hadn't even learned what the Renegades were all about, and by extension why Melissa wanted Morgan to quit the club so badly.
    "Babe," Hunter said softly. "Why don't you go outside and plant these? Get some fresh air." He handed Aaron a couple of apples and rubbed his back soothingly.
    Aaron took the apples silently and took a deep breath, preparing to stand. He still didn't feel like speaking - he was exhausted and hoped that Hunter would understand. There were a couple of wooden planters, and he planted one apple in each. It was a pity that there wasn't more room on the property for more trees - he'd only had a few harvests from his miniature orchard of 8 trees in Mount Komorebi. Maybe in the future he'd have a place with a bigger garden. Yeah, that would be nice.
    5N9mcan.png

Hunter watched Aaron go outside and bent down to pet Yoshi, who was also looking at Aaron. The dog looked up at Hunter and gave a little whine, and with a start Hunter realised that it was 9pm. That meant... oh no. The things that Aaron had somehow managed to block out last night were going to start happening again. "We got this, right?" he asked Yoshi, who tilted his head. "Just do what you did last night, it'll work," he said encouragingly, and Yoshi bared his teeth. "Yeah, just like that," Hunter said with a laugh, and he scratched Yoshi's ear.

Aaron came back inside and made his way to the kitchen, to make up a fresh batch of fruit salad. He made a mental note to go grocery shopping some time soon - fruit salad was pretty much the only thing he could make with his very limited ingredients.
    ryiDNMc.png

After putting the new batch in the fridge, he walked back into the living room and - well, apparently it wasn't the 'living' room tonight, because... there was a ghost there. Aaron stared at the transparent pink man for a second and then... "Who are you and... what?" It was the first thing he'd said since the incident at the cafe. The ghost waved at him.
    Ef2e1os.png
    "My name is Claude Rene Duplantier Guidry," the ghost proclaimed.
    Aaron stared a bit more. "You didn't die here, did you?" he asked. It was probably a stupid thing to say, but Claude Rene Duplantier Guidry didn't look offended. "Oh, no!" he said. "You can find me at any haunted house, though."
    Did Aaron hear that right? Haunted??? He felt light headed again and involuntarily shivered. "I'm here to help," the ghost said, and Aaron found himself doubting that very much. "It's true!" the ghost said. So now ghosts could read minds??! "And you can call me Guidry, I know Claude Rene Duplantier Guidry is a bit of a mouthful." The ghost - no, Guidry - chuckled as if he had told a good joke.

Hunter appeared at Aaron's side. "Yoshi's sick again," he said in an apologetic tone.
    "What. The. Actual-"
    "I'll take him, go get some rest."
    XJxujEV.png

Hunter punched in Yoshi's details on the clinic's machine and waited. "You have got to stop going in that bush," he said to Yoshi sternly, who whimpered. "I don't care if it's so much fun to play in, we are getting rid of it."

Taking the expensive option again (only the best for his furbaby), they returned home. Hunter sighed as he petted Yoshi - going to the vets twice in one day? He resolved to train Yoshi so he wouldn't go into the bush anymore. They could easily get rid of the one on their property. But from what he had seen so far, they were dotted all over the place...
    Zt2RHkr.png

Aaron seemed to be in a better mood - he was dancing in the kitchen wearing only his boxers. "Looking good, babe," Hunter called as he joined, and Aaron went bright red.
    GJ4ZwLp.png

Guidry was who knows where, and both decided to go to bed, thanking the Watcher that both Aaron and Yoshi were okay now. At least, Aaron looked like he was doing okay, and Hunter made sure to let him know he was loved and held him close while they slept.
    GY3jTO0.png

Both went to school and came home the next day, not realising that Yoshi had done it again.
    HRXRlxO.png
    DM7WCgx.png
    (also I think we all know what Aaron is looking at in this picture :joy: )

It was only when they were seated on the couch, Hunter catching up on homework and Aaron eating a bowl of fruit salad that Yoshi came into the room, his head down and drooling again, looking very unhappy.
    y5E64Ff.png
    Q4Kl9Cw.png
    Aaron groaned again, mentally preparing for another trip to the vet, but decided to finish his fruit salad first.
    i6BTg6s.png
    (Aaron still eats with chopsticks by default and Hunter apparently thinks it's hot lol)
    wF4fdFT.png

Something snapped in Aaron again, and he blew up at the vet. Or partially at the vet, partially at Yoshi, and partially at himself. Maybe Hunter should have gone to the vet this time...
    9NQqtuj.png
    EBcRJqk.png
    He left as quickly as he could after paying, mumbling an apology to the vet and trying to keep himself under control. Breathe. On the way home, he felt himself getting angrier and angrier at everything. Stupid Yoshi for constantly fighting squirrels. Stupid vet for charging so much. Stupid him for being so hot-headed...

He threw himself into painting as soon as he got home, brushing past Hunter without saying a single word to him, and using it to calm himself down. He told himself he could always sell it to cover those vet costs.
    TkkXtjm.png

Hunter wasn't surprised to see Aaron storm into the house and immediately go upstairs. What did surprise him was who knocked on the door after Aaron had slammed it.
    GsYikI4.png

Post edited by afai1261 on
    edited February 2022
    @permanentrose
    Feb 2: Aw, nice to see Aaron again! And Cale too :smiley:
    Yay, Hunter! It's lovely to see him too even if he isn't being all cute with Aaron :D
    Wow Kaori, stalking your daughter's now ex? That's going a bit far, isn't it lol
    Robin and Cassandra would be an adorable couple! But then I'm going to say that about all of the challenge sims and their partners :joy:
    Haha speaking of Robin being attracted to every teenage girl...
    W5mVyjG.png
    TYKqRLb.png
    vJiAZ6U.png
    This was in a tester save so I could check their compatibility (so not in the challenge save yet), but I'll make it happen in the challenge save soon :smiley:

@RememberJoy
    Feb 2: I like Adam's new party outfit! He looks awesome dancing to the music in the daily pic :smiley:
    Haha everyone does look a bit shocked at him being able to levitate :D

@Karababy52
    Feb 2: That is some perfectly placed grass ;):joy:
    Great pics of him exploring the island!
    Ooh, he discovered the Bluffs! Awesome pic of him diving!

@LegacySims2017
    Feb 2: Ah that's so cool that he's going to join Adam's club!
    Great way to tie the stories together.

@Shadami
    Feb 1: Aw Sergio and Joaquin do look very cute on the sled together!
    Poor Velma wiping out so many times! At least Dylan was there to offer some encouragement :)
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Expect to see a lot of Adam in my challenge gameplay for this month. I hope you don't mind. He also has a club in my gameplay that I am having D.J. join.

I don't mind at all, thanks for including him in your story. :)
    February 3rd: Bonding over fooseball

zdSp0h2.png
    I started my day by preparing my pièce de résistance, fruit salad.
    hP2mhwD.png
    I took a stroll around the island again as the sun began to rise, and picked up some more things for my collections.
    Xrn0AbH.png
    I than met my club at the pool this time and led two rounds of yoga sessions to begin our day.
    MTESieu.png
    jLZguHG.png
    I needed to get moving afterward, as yoga alone was a little two slow for the energetic lifestyle I had picked up in Mt Komorebi, so I took a jog around the neighborhood.
    AWXcrBi.png
    I found a food stand and bought some fruit cobbler, but once again one of those clones was the vendor. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm being followed.
    bck5Qfu.png
    I shook off the feeling when I saw Sofia and another teen I hadn't met before talking nearby, so I went over to say hi. Sofia introduced me to Morgan who had a bad-girl air to her but was friendly enough.
    lJ7Vzy4.png
    I suggested we hang out at the cafe around the corner, but after a quick snack Morgan said she had a better place to hang out.
    4nlbOCZ.png
    We returned to the bar I had only seen from the outside yesterday and entered a dimly lit interior. They had a jukebox playing and another teen, introduced as Wolfgang, was already there dancing. Morgan and Sofia seemed to know him and soon we were all jiving and swaying to the music.
    OtYEz1E.png
    Sofia's mom Clara joined us and I could tell Sofia wasn't thrilled at this turn of events, so I suggested we go upstairs to see what was up there. Sofia brightened and said we should all play fooseball together, so grabbing Morgan and Wolfgang, we headed upstairs to battle it out. Morgan and Wolfgang formed one team and Sofia and I were on the other.
    YLaHKpL.png
    I had only played a little fooseball in my time, but Sofia was a wizard at it! We were soon all laughing and having a great time slamming the little ball around and bonding. The game lasted several hours and by the time Sofia and I beat Morgan and Wolfgang 5-1, we were all good friends. I gave Sofia a high five and congratulated her on a great game, we all exchanged numbers for future meetups before heading home for the night.
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    @LegacySims2017
    side note. I just tried to tag you as Joseph xD
    I went back and looked at the screenshot. And I get ready to screen cap when I'm opening the simmis so that if it's a new one I can catch it and Vlad just happened to walk into shot so I had to include him. Because really? Vlad you're there again. But because my mind isn't fully on story I plum forgot xD
    I do take the screenshots when I feel they're story necessary or because I think something is pretty. Lmao. So not surprised I took that one.

@afai1261
    lol, I don't think Velma was able to smoothly stop even once xD
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-feb03.jpg
    February 3: Von Haunt!

Special Appearance By: Adam Strong ( @RememberJoy )
    Last night at work, D.J. yet again received another raise. He's happy and honored his boss thought he was doing really good work to get all these raises so quickly. However, he started to get burned out of going to school and then work afterwards all week. He only had a few hours to himself in between. He would go to school for 7 hours. Have 3 hours to himself. Then work for 4 more hours. But he needed a job. He had to have an income coming in, even if it is a small one.

dj-02-022.jpg

D.J was glad it was now Friday. No school for the next two days after today. He got up early to check out one of the nearby cafe's that was close to the park. It should be open for early risers, hopefully. D.J. had to go to school in an hour. He could grab a quick bite to eat for breakfast.

Scones were on the menu. D.J was finally happy he could eat something that has flavor to it. It used to be chips or pretzels. The pretzels were much better than the free chips, though. Then there was having a potato. That's not meant as a breakfast. He found a seat by the window and enjoyed his scone.

dj-02-023.jpg

Caitlin asked D.J. if he'd like to go home with her and they can do their homework together and hang out. D.J. thought that was nice of her. He wouldn't be able to stay long because of work, but he would like to see where she lived.

When the school bus dropped them off, D.J. couldn't believe his own eyes. Caitlin lived in a mansion. And not only was the house huge, so was her yard, D.J. thought. Caitlin gave D.J. a tour of the ground level.

dj-02-024.jpg
    dj-02-025.jpg
    dj-02-026.jpg

Then it was time to meet the father. Caitlin's mother was at work. D.J. gave a respectful greeting to her father. He introduced himself as Caiden Von Haunt.

dj-02-027.jpg

Before D.J. and Caitlin worked on their homework together, D.J. had to excuse himself for a moment. He called the number from the poster about the yoga and meditation club. Adam Strong answered the phone. D.J. asked if there was any availability and Adam said that there was a spot open. Adam gave D.J. directions how to get to his place as it was on a small island that was part of Windenburg known as The Crumbling Isle. He would need to catch a boat at the pier in Lykke Center. They had a yoga and meditation class at 2pm tomorrow at his house. D.J. was welcome to go and see if that's something he was interested in.

dj-02-028.jpg
    dj-02-029.jpg

D.J. and Caitlin worked on their homework together until it was time for D.J. to head off to work.

dj-02-030.jpg

Side Notes:
    • I found a Mod that allows Special Venues that are not changeable, to open them up to be any type. Therefore, I changed the Chalet Gardens to Residential. I then removed the fencing which were supposed to be the gated off areas and removed the stands depicting what the rooms were. The top floor was unfinished, so I created a second bedroom there, which I made Caitlin's.
    • The game generated Caitlin and her parents. Their "style" the game gave them, decided me to change their last name to Von Haunt and move them into the Estate.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    February 3

3TDgQdz.jpg

No time for playing today - haven't even made it home yet today, so I've just got this one photo. I don't think I've ever noticed this little area before. I'm having Robin live in a different neighborhood than Jules did last year so I'm exited to explore it better!
    edited February 2022
    February - Day 3: "One man's trash is another man's treasure..."

Z94NYyU.png

Notes
    kuzfVJK.png
    Cale looked around at all that he'd accomplished and couldn't help letting a big grin grace his face. It had taken two weeks to do, but it was worth it. The blow-up bed he'd found hidden behind some bushes at the bluffs area was the best thing he'd found so far! It was ripped, and stained with...well, he didn't want think about that, but it was better than sleeping on the rock bench. He'd washed the bedding as best he could in the ocean and called it good.

qfZJry3.png
    He'd also 'borrowed' a couple of the lanterns hanging in the tunnel leading to the other island, and when he'd disassembled the bonfires to use the wood and nails, he found a perfectly good stool someone had made. Why would anyone want to burn it? A rusty bucket was another treasure he appreciated finding too. It had come in handy while gathering berries and for keeping water by his campfire in case it got out of hand.

lUAUAze.png
    Another fabulous find had been a portable shower! Between the bed and the shower, it just solidified his suspicions that teens had been using the area for er, unsupervised activities.

5M2eS56.png
    He'd also found a fishing pole someone had hidden behind a bush down on the beach. He'd already lost one of his hooks, so it was a welcome find too. Cale could not believe how lucky he'd been to find all these things. At least they would help him be a bit more comfortable for however long he would be stranded here.

HEKe3FK.png
    He'd run out of wood to finish the back of his shelter, but hey, at least he had almost three walls and roof over his head.

QwAzC47.png
    Cale had made some rope by twisting together some thick vines which came in handy to hang up some of the fish he'd caught. Letting them dehydrate in the sun and eat them that way was better than wasting his rapidly dwindling supply of matches.

60wO2Dm.png
    In case anyone's curious, I used the pagoda/awning or whatever this thing is from the Jungle Adventure pack. I thought about just leaving it like that, but I didn't like the gray/white colored wood on the roof. So, I fiddled around trying to cover it with another 'real' roof. The 'walls' are the SE wooden security window decorations enlarged and staggered, raised and stacked on top of each other.

ymBiBVx.png
    Cale had taken a couple days to rest after building his new shelter. He was pretty much fully recovered from the concussion, but he wanted to build up his strength even more in case he had to swim to the other coastline. He'd hoped someone would find him by now, but so far not a soul had shown up. He was getting a little sick of fish, but at least there was some variety with that. The berries were another story. He was glad for them, but he was looking forward to having some pears from a couple trees he'd found. They should be ripe soon.

APT43Ws.png
    The only other kind of plants besides the blackberries, pears, trees, shrubs, etc., was Bluebells. He'd decided to plant some, just for fun when he planted a few blackberries. He couldn't eat the Bluebells, but oh well. Cale missed having a garden.

IT4QixQ.png
    After planting, Cale went scavenging again for whatever he could find and took a trip to the hot springs for a swim. While he was there, he found a fiery red colored crystal. He put it by the mattress when he got back 'home.'
    (Kind of cheers up the place eh?)

UfNleTJ.png
    Good night Cale, hopefully someone will find you soon. L. has been trying to contact him, but Cale can't hear her. Hopefully Alessandra's training will be complete soon so she can read the advanced Spells Tomes and find exactly what spell she really cast and bring him home.

I apologize for the shorter post for today's update. I spent way too much time lost in Debug mode searching for things to use for Cale's shelter and playing around with T.O.O.L. to get that fishing pole to lean against the shelter. Ah well, it was fun and that's what counts. ;)

I'll get started on comments/replies. Hopefully be able to finish before I need to get some rest, otherwise I'll post them in the morning. Hope everyone had a wonderful day/night! <3
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    edited February 2022
    Feb 1 - Windenburg Arrival

ARRIVAL-WINDENBURG.png
    ~ WINDENBURG ~

After a long train ride, Dylan arrived tired and hungry in Windenburg. Almost immediately, he headed to the train station restroom and after several hours emerged with a new look. When he had time, he would again purchase clothes here, and hide them, in case he had to flee again.

wh-am-i-now.png

The thought of fleeing again weighed heavily on his mind, and he had really thought about just changing trains in Windenburg, and going to another town. But, he remembered what the ticket seller in Mt. Komorebi had told him about Windenburg, and Dylan really hoped that this place would be the world where the mob wouldn't find him.

Dylan thought briefly of Mt. Komorebi and what had happened before he left. Dylan knew that the National Police Agency would soon conduct an investigation into the deaths of Kirk and Antonio. Perhaps when they found out that they were with the mob, the case would be closed. What Dylan was worried about, though, was that maybe Kirk or Antonio had something about Dylan on them...perhaps a photo...and then Dylan was sure the National Police Agency would end up at the Nishidake household asking questions. He could just hear Kaori's Grandfather bad-mouthing him to the National Police Agency. And Kaori...he swallowed hard...what would she think of him after all of that...and of his disappearance? She would either believe everything her Grandfather had told her, or she would not. Either way, Dylan knew he had broken her heart.

Dylan whispered silently, "I'm so sorry, Kaori..."

WINDENBURG-ARRIVAL.png

Dylan just wanted to hide someplace and try to deal with the emotions he was feeling. Anger, despair, depression, guilt, but he was having a hard time with it, and he kept thinking of Kaori. He missed her. But he knew that he somehow had to forget her. It was best that way...and then she would be safe. And he knew that if he tried to get close to anyone again, it would just end up in heartache, and it might put them in danger, too. No, he was better off alone.

He looked at the brochures he had picked up at the train station. Windenburg was larger than Mt. Komorebi and there were different neighborhoods.

taking-a-selfie-wind.png

Dylan looked around and he was in the village center. He later learned this place was called Olde Platz. It was a nice area with timber-framed houses, quite a few places to eat, and a nearby club.

finding-a-place-for-the-night.png

There were also some other neighborhoods in Windenburg. A place called Windslar, which was out in the country, with lots of open space to explore and a pub. There was a modern area, called Lykke Centre, which was a business area. He had read that this was where Discothèque Pan Europa was located.

at-the-ruins-in-the-rain.png

And then there was The Crumbling Isle, which was only accessible by ferry from the town center. The homes, which were rather luxurious, were spread across the island, surrounded by cliffs and ancient ruins. Even though the island sounded like an ideal spot to "hide out", waiting for the ferry to get back to the mainland could be problematic. Dylan wanted to be close to transportation in case he had to suddenly leave again.

sullen-dylan.png

And so, he was starting over again, with just a backpack over his shoulder. Luckily, he still had the tent and cooler from the mountain trek. He had gone to a place called the Ancient Ruins, not far from Olde Platz. And, almost as soon as he set up camp, it started to rain. In fact, it was a thunderstorm. It suited his mood. He would get some rest tonight, and then tomorrow would figure out what to do.

Yeah, tomorrow. Another day to fake a smile...so no-one would find out who he really was...

GOING-THROUGH-A-PHASE-ALONE.png

thunderstorm.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ BACK IN MT. KOMOREBI ~

Antonio had woken up in a daze. His head hurt, and Kirk was still trapped under the vending machine. And there was some strange dude in black peering at Kirk.

Antonio shouted at the stranger in black: "Hey you! Whatcha looking at? Get away from him!"

apparently-didn-t-die.png

The stranger turned around and wordlessly looked at Antonio consulting a tablet as if he were checking to see if Antonio's name was on it.

crushed-by-vending-machine.png

Antonio felt chilled suddenly and realized that he had seen this guy in black before. And he knew that Kirk wasn't getting up from under that vending machine anytime soon.

bye-kirk.png

Antonio looked around and couldn't see that Healy kid anywhere. That kid had a mean right hook, and had caught Antonio off-guard, and had knocked him unconscious. Dang! That Healy kid was gone. Again. How the heck did the kid manage to get away? They had him, but the kid proved stronger than they thought he was. And that kid had somehow managed to do away with Kirk, too. Antonio and Kirk had gravely underestimated the kid and it had cost them.

getting-to-know-grim.png

Antonio now had to make a call to Nick Alto. The Boss wasn't going to be too pleased.

Antonio: "...Boss, I have some good news and bad news. The good news is that we found that Healy kid. But the bad news is that...um...that kid kind of did away with Kirk...um...yeah...squashed him under a vending machine. I...er...well, the kid's got a good swing...he must have been working out since he left Strangerville, and I...er...well, I kind of passed out. Yeah....and when I woke up...the kid was gone and Kirk was definitely going places. Yep, a guy in black came to get him...kind of spooky guy, really... Didn't talk much, just kind of...um...cleaned up the area. No....no-one else was around...yeah. I was heading there now...I figured he hopped a train outta here. Sure thing, Boss, I'll update you soon..."

making-a-call-to-the-boss.png

Antonio took the shuttle down to the train station, and learned that three trains had left a few hours ago.

He made another call, "Boss...I got some news. There were three trains that left here a few hours ago....yeah I'm sure that kid was on one of them....but the problem is, the trains were all filled with uni students...and no-one remembers this kid. Yeah, one of the trains went to Britechester, and there's another train leaving soon. You want me on that one? Sure...sure...What? You're sending who to meet me? Oh geez...yeah, I know them... And one more thing Boss, if we find that Healy kid...do you want me to ice him? Huh? No? Oh...you need him alive...okay Boss, good to know...I'll report when I'm in Britechester..."

train-station-antonio.png

Antonio ended the call and got a ticket to Britechester. It's a good thing that Kirk didn't waste the kid. Antonio didn't know why the Boss wanted the kid alive, but that didn't mean that he couldn't rough the kid up a bit before he brought him in. Yeah, he'd make sure the kid paid for what he did to Kirk.

mean-antonio.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Because my last chapter was so long for Mt. Komorebi, I thought I would do this here:

Month 1 Mt. Komorebi Stats:

Aspirations Completed: Body Builder, Mt. Komorebi Sightseer, Extreme Sports Enthusiast. He is also almost done the Friend of the World Aspiration (Just needs a BFF), and the Musical Genius Aspiration (needs to write 2 more songs & then mentor).

Skills Completed: Fitness, Charisma, Rock Climbing, Skiing, Snowboarding, Piano, and Photography.

month-1-stats.png

He also became a notable newcomer, and has a pristine reputation (lol). He has written 2 songs on the piano; however, has not published them as yet. He still has the Judith Ward autographs, he also got 2 autographs from Megumi Ito (worth $40), and 1 from Brytani Cho

dylan-pristine-rep.png

notabkle-newcomer.png

snowboarding-max.png

This was a photo I took of Dylan snowboarding with his new clothes, just before I moved him to Windenburg. His outfits have pieces from Get Together, mostly grey. I also gave each challenge sim 1 new outfit, and will be moving them shortly to Windenburg.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    edited April 2023
    February 4
    k6AH7NJS_o.jpg
    Hunter Mulligan stared at his youngest brother in shock. "How did you find us?" he whispered. "Who told you?"
    HlLClmv.png

Jabari glanced around the property, fear in his eyes. "Why do you have... I don't even know what to call these things! These..." he indicated one of the specters with a shaky hand.
    fWsFJwS.png

"They're specters," Hunter said, "This house is haunted but it was cheap, we have a live in ghost named Guidry, and you didn't answer my questions."
    Cjhliay.png
    Jabari flinched as the blue specter floated closer. "Just let me in," he said. "Away from that!"
    "They're fine, alright? But come in..." Hunter entered the cottage with Jabari following him. He had no idea how Jabari had found him, or even how he had known they were in Windenburg. He and Aaron certainly hadn't told anyone. The last that Hunter's brothers heard, he was in Mount Komorebi, with Uncle Morgan. Uncle Morgan. Oh, crap. Was that why Aaron had panicked in the cafe yesterday, when he was with Morgan Fyres?

"Is Uncle Morgan with you?" Hunter asked, and Jabari looked at him in confusion.
    "No..." the younger vampire said.
    "Then did Mother..." He trailed off, remembering how his father Lonnie had come to see him and Aaron in Mount Komorebi the day before they had climbed the mountain, and his mother Elle hadn't even bothered. Busy, entertaining at the lounge in San Myshuno, his father had said. What crap.
    Jabari looked sheepish. "She asked me to come see how you were doing, yeah..."
    Hunter glared at him incredulously. "So she sent you and didn't even bother coming herself?!" And that was ignoring the fact that she shouldn't have even known they were in Windenburg in the first place. Then he remembered with a start - their neighbour, Keegan Thebe, father of their friends Adonis and Melissa, was a vampire. And Elle had such a large circle - she knew practically every vampire (and some she knew very well...). It wouldn't be out of the question for Mr Thebe to have recognised Hunter as Elle's son and mention that he'd seen him to her, and the man knew that he was living in the old cottage.

They sat down on the couch. Hunter continued to glare out of the corner of his eye at Jabari, who immediately jumped up, scared of who knows what.
    6YHzi2z.png
    zx1yrtG.png
    "Calm down," Hunter growled. He was still irritated that his mother continued to be evasive. But at the same time, he hadn't seen his father since that night either.
    yHK9yl7.png
    "Gah!" Jabari yelled at the house creaking slightly, in the way that old houses do, and he raced up the stairs. Hunter rolled his eyes. "I wouldn't go up there if I were you," he said by way of warning. He wasn't sure how angry Aaron still was and hoped for Jabari's sake that the painting had worked to calm his boyfriend down.

Aaron finished painting yet another masterpiece and turned at the sound of the door opening, ready to apologise to Hunter, when he saw that who entered the room was not his boyfriend at all, but... his brother? Aaron took in the teen's pink hair and eyes and strong resemblance to Lonnie, but also the distinctive curve of his eyebrows that he shared with Hunter and eye shape that could only have come from his other parent.
    RvBdlfl.png
    SvmYhD4.png
    The boy sat himself down at the computer and Aaron watched, too surprised to say anything before he finally found his voice and said, "What do you think you're doing?"
    The boy flinched and jumped up from the chair. "Ah, um, sorry. I didn't see you in here?" he tried.
    "Like I'm going to believe that," Aaron rolled his eyes. "You must be one of Hunter's brothers."
    "Jabari," the boy nodded.
    "Right. I'm Aaron. So what are you doing in my house?"
    "He's here on a secret mission from our mother," Hunter said as he entered the room. "I'm glad you're feeling better, love," he whispered as an aside to Aaron, who smiled and replied, "You know painting is my happy place." Then Aaron regarded Jabari again. "A secret mission?"
    Jabari sighed. "Not really, but she kinda said something about Hunter being in Windenburg and then said I could come here and see how he was doing..." Aaron met Hunter's eyes, a look of disbelief on his features. Hunter only shrugged in response.
    aFhURk7.png

Aaron sighed and announced that he was going to bed - large emotional outbursts like what had happened in the past two days always tended to take it out of him. Yoshi thought the same and curled up on the floor.
    RdYPxAV.png

Hunter went back outside to continue communicating with the spirits.
    zp7ywYy.png

One followed him inside, and Yoshi immediately jumped out to growl at it.
    3ZKStVD.png

All too soon, Aaron couldn't sleep. "Can't I have at least one full night?" he pleaded, as Hunter gave Yoshi a hug.
    j1eXZyG.png

The rest of the night passed with Hunter taking charge of getting rid of all the weird things that popped up all over the place.
    P9vArSh.png
    rLglRMI.png

He re-entered the house and wondered what would happen if... "Hey, do you want a piece of my soul?"
    og3fNJj.png

Extras
    Jabari was actually born in game (in another save), as baby number 23 of my (2nd) 100 Baby Challenge, In-Vampiro Fertilisation. His name is courtesy of the random name generator haha.

When Jabari ran upstairs to use the computer, he came across Yoshi and yelled at him!
    novdypQ.png
    3LRHzm4.png

Sad doggo :cry: This was just after Jabari yelled at him, too...
    f2egOI4.png

Post edited by afai1261 on
    Too tired to do comments right now so they'll be much later today or tomorrow
    February 3rd Comments:

@afai1261
    Poor Yoshi with so many vet clinic visits.

@RememberJoy
    :lol: Return of the clones! And everyone loves a good game of foosball.

@permanentrose
    I love that daily pic as a standalone. Gives an idea what new adventure Robin is embarking on.

@Karababy52
    I like Cale's little hut. He was a busy body finding all the stuff he did. It looks like he's settling in for the long haul. :lol:

@SoulGal7
    Poor Dylan. I like his new look for Windenburg, though. I wonder if Kirk's ghost is gonna haunt Dylan now. :joy:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-feb04.jpg
    February 4: Beautiful Minds!

Special Appearances By: Adam Strong ( @RememberJoy ), Louise "Lucy" Aldrich ( @miss_eulenauge ), Velma Pagan ( @Shadami )
    It's the next day for D.J. No school and no work. His biggest plans for the day were to meet Adam and others at Adam's home. But first, he headed back to the cafe he was at yesterday for breakfast again. He assumed this will be his new breakfast spot.

dj-02-031.jpg

After breakfast, D.J. headed to the shopping plaza where he bought his new clothes. There was a gardening area. He looked over the pots available for sale as well as some starter gardening seeds. If he found a greenhouse, he might as well put it to good use, D.J. assumed. The store clerk told him that he shouldn't plant when the weather is freezing, or it will ruin the plant itself. Today would be one of those days. He bought supplies and seeds anyway for when it does warm up. If it warms up.

Because D.J. wasn't able to plant anything just yet, he took a tour of the Lykke Center where most of Windenburg's services were. There were a couple nightclubs that were probably the hot spots during the evening hours. He also found a gym. He would have to check it out later and see if they had a climbing wall. There was also a library and another cafe. There was more as well and D.J. enjoyed the walk.

dj-02-032.jpg

2pm came fast. D.J. dropped off his gardening goods he bought at his tent and grabbed some clothes for the yoga class he was about to go to. He found the pier at the Lykke Center where Adam mentioned and one of the boatsman took him across to the Crumbling Isle. D.J. found Adam's house and knocked on the door. Everyone was gathering.

D.J. couldn't believe Adam was a teenager, like he was, and running yoga and meditation classes at such a young age. Adam explained it was a family thing. He loved doing it and wanted to share his passion. There were other teenagers and a couple adults in attendance. D.J. introduced himself to all those in attendance and they introduced themselves to him. Besides Adam, he met another guy named Jared. There were three women, Lia, Velma, and Louise. Louise liked to go by the name Lucy.

Adam said his club is called, Beautiful Minds. A strong body is good and may make one look handsome and beautiful, but so does a strong mind. That's where the meditation comes in. D.J. was already looking forward to this.

dj-02-033.jpg
    dj-02-034.jpg

Everyone changed and Adam led them to a room where he had mats laid out. Adam led them all through a few yoga exercises. This was D.J.'s first time doing this and struggled at times.

dj-02-035.jpg
    dj-02-036.jpg
    dj-02-037.jpg
    dj-02-038.jpg

Velma didn't take part in today's class. She decided to go online and do a bit of research for the next class. She wasn't feeling up to doing yoga today.

dj-02-039.jpg

An hour or so of yoga, Adam congratulated D.J. on his first yoga class. Tomorrow they would do some meditating. Adam asked D.J. if he was still interested in joining. D.J. was more than happy to. After the group started leaving after Adam ended it for the day, D.J. stayed behind to talk to Adam. He talked to Adam about his adventures in Mt. Komorebi and how he did a few meditation hikes. D.J. said he wrote his adventures down in a notebook. Adam was eager to take a look at it sometime, even though it was more exciting hearing come from D.J. himself.

It was soon getting late and D.J. thanked Adam again and looked forward to the next session tomorrow.

dj-02-040.jpg

Side Note:
    I set up the club with Adam and then took a screenshot with D.J. as a member while the club is still new. I didn't want to have D.J. join the club with already used perks. It makes more sense for this Challenge if it was fresh and new.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    February 4th: Libraries are for making friends

Today's Achievements:
    Preform 10 club activities
    Be in a club gathering for 12 hours

s3TCLv8.png
    I'm trying to diversify my skill set, so yesterday at the mall I'd purchased a book about flower arranging. I dove into the book after breakfast and quickly absorbed it's knowledge.
    sNNMdBM.png
    At this rate I'm going to need to build a greenhouse with a flower arranging bench to but my new skills to the test. But I'm not sure when or if I'll get around to such things while in Windenburg. I met up with my club at the gym, but because of school and work, only Clara and Candy showed up.
    Z1CUirz.png
    We did some meditation and yoga but they requested perhaps doing an evening class on weekdays so that the others could participate. I agreed and asked them to meet back at the gym around 5pm. I still had some places yet unexplored in Olde Platz so I took a nice brisk walk over and found a quaint little library. They had some computers, chess tables, and lots of old books. I browsed for awhile before I ran into Wolfgang. He looked sad and I asked him what was wrong and why he was skipping school. He tried to act tough and said he could ask me the same thing. I explained I had tested out of high school and had my GED. He looked deflated and half-heartedly said something about always knowing I was a giant nerd. I asked him if he'd like to play a game of chess with a nerd and he faintly smiled and sank into a chair.
    kiqXMih.png
    As we began playing he explained that he had come to the library knowing that his family weren't likely to look for him there. He had gotten in a fight with his step dad Marcus Flex when he'd called Wolfgang a wimp and a coward. As we played I noticed Wolfgang had some skill in chess, more than myself. I gave him some tips on how to focus and center his energy so that the words of others would be less likely to anger him. As he check-mated me, he seemed to be more focused and in a better place. He thanked me and asked if I'd keep our conversation to myself. We parted ways and I jogged back to the gym for our evening session. This time everyone showed up and I prepared some honey lemon ginger detox tea to share with them.
    6KQlfQ9.png
    We shared a cup and did some meditation and yoga before calling it a night. Before I left I used the climbing wall to keep my climbing skills sharp.
    qtB8Hmf.png
    You never know when you're going to have to climb a mountain, right?
    @LegacySims2017
    Nice greenhouse DJ found to use. Curious why there's snow in it though, does it not have a roof?

Figured Cale would do that since there's no one there but him. He's not really an exhibitionist, but he enjoys going au naturel. ;) Love the island, just wish there wasn't so many other Sims walking around, it's weird. I keep seeing Morgyn with a yellow book. What? Sheesh!

Congrats to DJ for earning another raise. Very cool how you turned the Von Haunt estate into a residence for Caitlin's family. Never thought about trying to do that. Are the ghosts still there? Mimsy and Bernard are fun ghosts!

Yup, he's settling in a bit now. Not sure how long he'll be there yet, but trying to make him a bit comfortable at least. :)

@Shadami
    Looks like Velma had a great time with Dylan. Bit awkward in the Onsen with Aldo. o.O Cool she and Dylan are Snow Bros now. Velma should lock her computer, unless she doesn't care everyone uses it. Or at least lock her doors. Had to do that with Cale in SE. It's weird how other Sims think it's okay to just walk in and help themselves. Who does that? You'd get arrested for it in real life.

@afai1261
    Oh man, poor Aaron, he's not having a very good time so far in Windenburg. I can't imagine having to take your dog to the vet practically every day and dealing with a haunted house on top of it! Surprised he didn't freak out a bit more about Guidry showing up, especially since the ghost was in a flirty mood. Love Guidry, he's such a cheeky ghost and gorgeous! I have the alive again version in my game. :) Have you thought about getting some wellness treats from the kiosk at the vet's office? A lot cheaper and time saving then going to the vet all the time. :) Wonder who their mystery visitor is, but sure we'll find out in the next update.

hehe Yeah, I wasn't sure if I'd get banned showing his naked backside, so went the safe route with the grass covering it up. ;) Yup, Cale loves that area and will be spending a lot of time there. :)

Oh! Hi Jabari! I love his look, so striking with the pink hair and purple eyes. A bit rude of him to just go marching upstairs and play on Aaron's computer. Sheesh! I find it interesting that at first, Aaron was chill about the specters, puddles and other hauntings and Hunter was freaking out. Now Hunter seems to be actually fascinated with them and is taking care of business! Good for you Hunter! Bummer the only reason Jabari was there though is because their Mom sent him. Why won't she come visit herself? Tsk! Gah! Jabari! Don't yell at Yoshi, he's a good dog! Not sure what to think of Jabari at the moment. He's gorgeous, of course, but a bit rude. :D

@permanentrose
    Love that area Robin found, so pretty! <3

@SoulGal7
    Dylan looks good with white hair! Oh cool, he's camping out at the Ruins! Bummer about the thunderstorm though, but love that shot of the lightening bolt lighting up the darkness for a moment. That's a hard thing to catch, Congrats on that! :)

Ah, so Antonio wasn't really dead. Good for him, bad for Dylan. Glad he's pursuing the Britechester lead, at least for now. Gives Dylan some time in Windenburg before he'll most likely have to flee again.

Wow, lots of skills leveled up for Dylan, great job! Love that last screenshot of him snowboarding with his new look!
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    edited February 2022
    Hi All: Comment Time! Will be commenting on the most recent stories first and then working back. More comments coming later today. :) Have a great day/night:

@afai1261
    Feb 1- Nice that Aaron and Hunter will be living on the Island. Cheap house is good, right? Last year, my challenge sim, Sakura lived on the island, too. I think I was more organized last year, because I had built her a house in both Mt Komorebi & Windenburg. Glad that Aaron and Hunter went to meet their neighbors. And, um, Aaron...staring at Adonis...oh gee. And nice diving off the board there Aaron, Still look pretty buff. Ohhh....and Hunter drank from Aaron...well, at least he was polite about it. Better get some plasma paks for Hunter, or Hunter might be having to go "hunting" pretty soon. I also like Aaron's new look...a bit scruffy. lol

Feb 2 - Oh, poor Aaron not feeling very well after his first "bite". And then later that night, the creepiness begins and they find out possibly why the house they are renting is so cheap. (Cool that you are also doing the Paranormal Pack). And Yoshi is a brave doggo, but maybe shouldn't chase squirrels so much. Hunter is scared of a puddle...oh Hunter! lol Kudos to Aaron for not having "puddle phobia". And so off to the vet for Yoshi. Love how Aaron has saved Morgan - not Hunter's Dad - on his phone! lol I love the exterior look of the house and the interior layout and furnishings look nice, too.

Feb 3 - So Aaron meets Morgan in town...and then has a panic attack. Poor guy! And Aaron's day just seems to get worse. And now he knows why the house is so cheap - it's haunted, although Guidry does seem like a nice ghost. And that Yoshi...how many times has he gone to the vet now? lol I think he needs to stay indoors, or outdoors in a little roped off area. lol At least Aaron is going to take his frustration out and paint something.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Carebear92Carebear92 Posts: 108 Member
    Going to be another update right after this forgot to type one yesterday

Jan 30
    Today Kiyoshi came over after school to hang with Savannah. They sat in the bedroom and chat while Kiyoshi was on the computer. After they got done talking Savannah did some plumboomba dancing, Savannah found that really fun. bcrmgsv.png After they were done hanging out Savannah went to the mountains to do some rock climbing and some crazy snowboarding. DYJ3JYh.png Lastly Savannah been financially stable for her move that's in a few day, Shes really excited to explore another place.

Table of Contents
  • Carebear92Carebear92 Posts: 108 Member
    Jan 31
    Today was a rough day for Savannah. After she got home from school, she felt embarrassed because she thought people were judging her. So when she got home she took a nice hot shower and did some painting. Xhuk4qd.png She doesn't have to worry about homework or waking up tomorrow for work or school. After she was done painting she made it a short evening and went to bed. Savannah then woke up a few hours later feeling alot better from earlier. Kiyoshi who has a key to her house came over to hang out with Savannah while she was doing some homework. When she was done with her homework she hanged out with Kiyoshi for a bit before going back to sleep. Savannah was so happy to see Kiyoshi before she leaves Mt. Komorebi tomorrow and moves to Windenburg.GEKRiez.png

Table of Contents
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited February 2022
    February 4

5nVxRGw.jpg

I'm way too tired to make a proper post today, but I did get a little play time in at least. Enjoy this little teaser for tomorrow's post ;)

ETA: Also I’m really sorry that I’m so behind on comments 😔
    edited February 2022
    February - Day 4: "Dare to reach out your hand in the darkness, to pull another hand into the light..."

DZbT8dO.png

Notes
    PiluhTu.png
    Cale was catching lots of 'things' while fishing, but hadn't caught a fish in days.

BH2Do2B.png
    He'd dug up lots of little discarded items on the beach as well, including a couple more crystals and fossils.

a4XjusL.png
    He'd sifted through all the trash cans to glean what he could from them, keeping anything he thought might be useful.

6yRTGpH.png
    At least the island would be a cleaner place because of him. It seemed like everyone left their trash everywhere except where it belonged.

qVZd3dY.png
    (Ugh, I'm so sick of going in that bush, it stinks too. I can't keep doing this. There's got to be a better way. Maybe dig a pit?)

0YWN2Zu.png
    "Cale..."
    (I'm cracking up man, now I'm hearing voices in my head.)

ngMFr7h.png
    (What am I going to do with all that junk?)

jtF3MK9.png
    (Think Cale, think. What can I make out of a bunch of metal couplers and a plumbing part? Wait! A plumbing part! That's it!)

ifuxgiH.png
    It had been another week of solitude for Cale and during that time, he'd spent countless hours just wandering around the island and gathering stuff others had left behind. He had the bucket, the plumbing part and a lot more wood. He worked through the afternoon to make what he had in mind and hoped it would work.

Cale just needed to finish another 'wall' and his new 'throne' room was finished!
    (Look at it, just look at it! Isn't it beautiful?)
    (Uhh, well...)
    (Okay, not beautiful, but I don't care as long as it works.)

Kqn4gYz.png
    (Ohhh yeahhh! No more twigs poking me in the butt!)
    (I'm so good!)

xWC9llb.png
    "Come on guys, grow! The other berry bushes are laughing at you. I know you can do it, you just need to try. Okay? I give you lots of water, fish for fertilizer and pull any weeds crowding your space, so what's the problem?"
    (Oh great, now I'm talking to plants like they can hear me.)
    (If they answer back, that's when you have to worry.)

MANGbpZ.png
    "Cale, it's me..."

LrjfxDO.png
    (Yeah, I'm going crazy now. Maybe I should seriously think about swimming over to that coastline. What am I waiting for anyway? Nobody's coming here. It's been weeks. How much longer do I wait?)

OsFlDfp.png
    "Cale, can you hear me?"
    (NO, I don't hear anything, nope, not a thing.)
    (Keep telling yourself that.)

rtux1Gh.png
    (This is so stupid. Just ignore the voices. You're not crazy.)
    "Cale..."
    "AHHH! SHUT UP!"

OBGS1Jk.png
    "What are YOU lookin' at? Stupid butterfly, flying around, looking so smug you can go wherever you want. Stop showing off!"

y73J2hD.png
    (Man, now I'm yelling at butterflies. Yeah, time to go for a swim Cale.)
    (You won't make it.)
    (How do YOU know? You're supposed to tell me I can do anything.)
    (Who the heck am I talking to?)
    (Yourself.)
    *sigh*

1RhSAqO.png
    "Cale, come on Cale, talk to me Honey. Can you hear me dear? Say something so I know you can hear me, please?"
    (WAIT! Was that, is that....L.?)

Cale dressed quickly, his mind going 90 mph over the hope in his heart that the voice he heard was real, that it was L. Otherwise... he'd truly lost his mind.
    (Why are you so surprised? She told you to reach out to her if you needed help, remember?)
    (I know, but, I guess I forgot. So much on my mind, I didn't even think about 'calling' her. I guess I thought it was only for when I was angry she'd be able to hear me.)
    (Guess you were wrong huh?)
    (Maybe...)

ACSMrRa.png
    (Okay, here goes nothing.... So...Uh...Is that you L.? I hope. Otherwise I'm going crazy. Well I know I'm going crazy. But what the heck. I hear you. I think...maybe?)

Ikg4nLY.png
    (YES! You're alive! Oh my, I think I'll cry, I am crying! Oh Honey, you can hear me! Finally! I've been trying to reach you for weeks! Yes, it's me, L. Faba! Where are you?)

0XGAUcE.png
    "HOLY *BEEP*!"
    (No need to curse dear. But I understand. Now, tell me where you are so we can come get you.)

X13J7T3.png
    Cale and L. Faba 'talked' for quite awhile, but neither one could figure out where he was. At least not yet. L. promised to look at some maps and consult with the other Sages to see if they had ever heard of the place he had described to her. She told him about Alessandra and what she was doing to try to remember the spell she had cast. If they couldn't figure out where he was before she was ready to advance, he'd have to sit tight there and wait. L. talked him out of swimming to the other coastline, at least for now. She said it was too dangerous, there could be sharks in those waters, or other dangerous aquatic life.

Cale was willing to risk it if he wasn't rescued soon, but he told her he'd wait a couple more weeks, but no longer since it was almost Fall now and he didn't know if he'd survive a Winter living outside without any warm clothes. L. agreed, but told him she felt deep in her heart they would find him and bring him home long before then. In the meanwhile, he had all that he needed to survive. Including renewed hope. At least he wasn't alone anymore.

L. had to go to teach her next class, but promised to reach out to him again soon. Cale decided to try fishing one more time and then go to bed. And as luck would have it, he finally caught another fish! He finally went to bed after that, pleasantly exhausted, but he found it hard to sleep. After awhile, he finally drifted off dreaming of purple fish and purple eyes...
    Post edited by Karababy52 on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top