Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Totally Random Comments and Questions

Comments

• ZoomerGirlZoomerGirl Posts: 135 Member
    No, I haven't seen it in a food stall either, but I haven't had my sim travel to Mt.K for a vacation or on a festival. They last time I've seen it was on another game where I had to level up Gourmet to find it in cooking.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    ZoomerGirl wrote: »
    No, I haven't seen it in a food stall either, but I haven't had my sim travel to Mt.K for a vacation or on a festival. They last time I've seen it was on another game where I had to level up Gourmet to find it in cooking.

Yah, I just tested it in my game with my culinary career sim. I sent her there and had her eat some and she still didn't get the recipe. Seems there is something else to it, or that particular recipe is bugging or something.

This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    @Stormkeep is your culinary sim leveled up in gourmet cooking?
    I sent my sim there on vacation and saw it at the snow festival, she ate it and I see it in Cook now, my other sim didn't eat it and its not in her thing either (she's also new, so basically I just got her to level 2 in cooking)
    edited January 2022
    @Stormkeep is your culinary sim leveled up in gourmet cooking?

She's maxed in all 3, cooking, gourmet cooking and baking. I also tried on lots with and without the Simple Living trait. The recipe isn't there for her and going out and eating it didn't get it show up either.

Edit: Maybe you have to eat it at the food stall? I had her order it at a restaurant.

Edit 2: NEVER MIND.
    I realized I was clicking the refrigerator to bring up the Cook menu and I just remembered that some recipes require you to click on the Oven...it shows up when I click the oven.
    That's such a weird way that they have that.
    edited January 2022
    ZoomerGirl wrote: »
    That's such a weird way that they have that.
    Yes it is...and I forget all the time. I almost always click on the refrigerator except in households where the kitchen layout makes the stove more in-my-face than the refrigerator. There aren't all that many recipes where it makes a difference, but there are a few. Apparently Seaweed Ramen is one of them.

Yep, my sim who hasn't eaten has it when I click on the stove so apparently I just always click on the stupid fridge lol.
    I did not know that some recipes are like that though. Stupid seaweed ramen lol.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited January 2022
    Oh that's good to know, thanks you two. I habitually use the fridge because there are so many meals that appear only if you click the fridge and not on the stove! I suppose seaweed ramen is the other way around...
  • LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    My game's been locked up for a couple minutes and I hope it starts working because I didn't save. 😢
    edited January 2022
    Update: NOOOOO

It crashed completely. :(
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    It wouldn't surprise me if the trailer for the wedding pack dropped on Valentine's Day.

It wouldn't surprise me if there is limited romantic gameplay added.

It wouldn't surprise me if there are loads of new wedding dresses specifically made to help my male sims embrace their inner bridezillas.
    I don't think there's any difference now in the two 'What Happened In Your Game' threads. 🤔
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »

Why would it be limited?

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    edited January 2022
    I don't think there's any difference now in the two 'What Happened In Your Game' threads. 🤔

This is true. But…When I first started posting gameplay content, the serial story thread was very long, very involved, and had stories that have gone on for ages with a regular group of contributors. My comments and short contributions didn’t fit there. It was almost like the new kid trying to get into an established club. I could share my little anecdotes and story segments in the other thread much more comfortably. Over the last few months, though, the non-serial posts have gotten longer and more “continuing story” like. I try to keep my posts short snapshots instead of lengthy book chapters in order to keep it from becoming like the other thread, but some kind of emerging narrative is inevitable if you’re sharing your gameplay.
    True. I guess I'll stick to the Last Screenshot and Favorite Screenshot threads. :p
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    Monet11 wrote: »

Why would it be limited?

Because I believe EA/ Sims 4 has a rather solid history of under-delivering game play.
    And because I am sardonic.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    While cooking Pasta Primavera my sim got to level 4 gourmet cooking, then shortly after leveled up to 6, completely skipping level 5. I checked the notification panel to make sure I didn't mis-read the level-up notices and, sure enough, the first notification said level 4 and the very next one said level 6. Anyone else have this happen with a skill? Just curious...
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member

True, I've noticed a lot of what I'd consider serial stories popping up in the "non serial story" thread. I suppose people just have different interpretations of what a serial story is. Personally I always consider it to be one thread for written stories and the other for casual discussions about gameplay
    But on that note I always find it impressive how much effort and time people put into their posts and stories, I usually just pop in once every two weeks with random things I found funny nothing in my game is that thought out :D
    I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of making CAS CC?
    Don't mean this as a bashing comment, but the "Great Game Guarantee: Not Eligible" on Sims 4 packs will never not make me laugh

lol.png
    Maybe they should add that DLC is not eligible. EPs, GPs, SPs, and kits. Just the base game.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Wolfium wrote: »
    Why for the love of all things sim do my teens and kids not stop asking for advice. I made an orphanage with a haunted basement but filled it with all kinds of fun activities for the kids. I turned on autonomy and one by one the kids are ignoring all the toys trailing up to the third floor.
    I'm like what's happening?!! They lined up one by one in front of the adult on the third floor to ask for advice😑
    And this is something I have been annoyed with for years everytime autonomy is on.

I like that feature, and they don't often ask for advice in my game. I choose advice depending on parent's traits, not my personal opinion, so it doesn't get repetitive.

I pick like this too. Not just with parenting, but with all aspects like invites to lots, Neighborhood Story advice, NAP voting etc.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top