Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited February 2022
    @SoulGal7
    Day 27: Oof, a blizzard! Come on Dylan and Kaori, you can make it!
    Oh no, poor Kaori!

Day 28: Very sweet conversation with Kaori and Dylan on the peak <3
    Glad Dylan is taking things slow, but man Kaori is persistent lol
    Okay I love that pic of Dylan caressing Kaori's cheek with the sun between them!

Day 29: Ah, here it is... Kaori's grandparents reacting to her impulsive decision to go on the trek... Ugh and of course Shigeru is yelling at Dylan, and tearing him down to Kaori again, what a surprise.
    That's so kind of Kaori's grandmother to give Dylan a packed lunch though!
    Thank you Kado for saying what we were all thinking about Shigeru! Stubborn old goat! Love it lol

Day 30: Oh, here comes trouble with Kirk and Antonio :grimace:
    Glad Dylan was able to have fun at the festival before Kirk and Antonio came along...
    Congrats for completing the aspiration!

@permanentrose
    Day 30: Ahhh this update (and next) makes me so sad :cry:
    Ouch, Aimi asking if Cale is more important to Robin than her... :grimace:
    I get why Aimi would feel that way though.

Day 31: Having no commentary for an update like this is extremely effective!
    Feel so bad for Robin though. Pepper needs to comfort her ;)

@Shadami
    Day 30: Great update, love all the screenshots of Velma skiing!
    Wow at Kenzie making a snow angel in her bikini lol.
    Oh, Aldo is the next target of Velma's affections, huh?
    Also I see you added Hunter in - yay!

@RememberJoy
    Day 30: Congrats to Adam for everything that he's achieved!
    Aww sad to see how Kaori took the news of him leaving, but I'm glad that he can see still her and their daughter.
    Oh that picture of him in the snow drift - that looks like it hurt lol.

Day 31: Great pic of Adam all shirtless and muscular ;)
    Oh that is a great segue into Windenburg to have Elsa and Clara suggest that he goes there!
    Awesome progress on his skills too :)

@Karababy52
    Day 30: Poor Alessandra!
    Glad that the Hunters were able to salvage some of Cale's personal things.

Day 31: Gorgeous scenery pic of Windenburg! <3

@LegacySims2017
    Day 28: Is that that bully in the background of the daily pic? :o
    Oh dang I've never seen that moodlet (about wishes not coming true) before!
    Love that pic of DJ pointing in the air while he's in the onsen! It's all coming together for him ;)

Day 29: Aww, nice to see DJ taking pics with everyone he's met! They all look like a cool group even if they are all elders lol
    Post edited by afai1261 on
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited March 2022
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-jan31.jpg
    January 31: I'll Be Back!
    D.J. woke up knowing this was going to be the last day spending time on this piece of land. He took it all in. He had a wonderful 30 days here. D.J. never knew he would enjoy the outdoors as much as he did. It was bittersweet he was leaving. But this was not a goodbye. He knew he would return one day. Return to his new friends. Return to the Lounge. Return to the mountain.

dj-01-225.jpg

After school was over and D.J. was back at the lot he resided on, he undid the tent, so it deflated and then he packed it away for his new adventure. D.J. decided to call out for work. He was going to do another hike. A hike from Mt. Komorebi to Windenburg. He learned in the last 30 days how to survive outside. He didn't know how long it would take, but D.J. knew he was ready.

As he made his way to where the entrance and exit to town was, he turned around to look inside. He knew he was coming back one day, but he already missed it.

dj-01-226.jpg

End-of-Month Update:
    Personality Traits: Active, Loves Outdoors
    Aspiration Traits: High Metabolism, Home Turf
    Reward Traits: Always Welcome, Worldly Knowledge, Expert Mountaineer, Survival Instinct
    Likes: Music (Japanese Folk Music), Hobbies & Skills (Fitness, Rock Climbing, Skiing, Photography)
    Dislikes: Color (Yellow)

ASPIRATIONS
    aspiration_chart_012222.jpg
    January 15 - Mt. Komorebi Sightseer
    January 22 - Extreme Sports Enthusiast

SKILLS
    dj-jan-skill.jpg
    Post edited by LegacySims2017 on
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    DISCOVER UNIVERSITY QUESTION!

Going to college isn't until the month of April, but I'm working out a storyline that leads up to that. Realm of Magic and going to Glimmerbrook will be March.

For those who've played the college life for Sims 4 (I have the pack, but never used), can one apply for scholarships and hold onto if accepted for a time period? I'd like to apply for scholarships in February for D.J. and if he gets approved for any, I'd like to hold off until April. The storyline I am creating, I don't want him applying in March.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I'm a few pages back for reading now and some drama came up so I didn't get to playing for Jan 31st yet either. XD hopefully tomorrow
    edited April 2023
    February 1
    *Doing something a bit different with the formatting today with suggestion from @permanentrose :) Let me know if you guys like it better this way!
    BPTpDhdN_o.jpg
    Aaron finished hanging up his first masterpiece on the wall and nodded in satisfaction. "It's perfect."
    HyUXenM.png

Yoshi seemed to agree, giving him a joyful bark and jumping around. He was excited to be moving to a new place, Aaron thought, as he bent down to play with the happy Akita Inu. "You're gonna like it here, boy? Huh?" He laughed as Yoshi licked his face and once again felt thankful that Hunter was living with him now.
    Hmh8XVh.png
    EPTeBIa.png

"Hold on, I'll get your food filled up..."
    wmYWRm0.png

The task of caring for the dog momentarily finished, he sat down on the couch next to Hunter and grinned at him. They shared a moment together before Aaron finally said, "Do you think we should go meet the neighbours or nah?"
    yMBVuxD.png
    "I thought you hated meeting new people," Hunter laughed. "But if you're offering to go meet new people of your own volition..."
    "I have a good feeling about Windenburg," Aaron replied. "From what we've seen of the island already, it's gorgeous and I can't wait to see the rest. And I feel that the people will be the same."

Hunter agreed - their cottage was a small 2-storey, really very cheap for what it was and where it was located - in the middle of an island in the south of Windenburg, secluded from the hustle and bustle of the larger city on the mainland. It had come with the basic amenities, but Aaron had gotten rid of the refrigerator that was already there and had installed the one Father Winter had given him while in Mount Komorebi. But he was glad to be rid of his Murphy bed - he had been terrified of the thing falling on him ever since that night and consequently had never turned it into a couch again, but here he (and Hunter) had a bed in a bedroom, and a couch in the living room, both of which would not threaten to fall on them anytime soon. Hopefully.
    [Lol so here I would put a house tour but I didn't take very many pictures of the house :joy: I'll put those in the next update ;) ]

Aaron was eager to get out and meet his new neighbours and went with Hunter to the large house next door. "You don't think this'll be weird at all?"
    Aaron shrugged. It was strange, really. He had indeed once hated meeting new people but ever since he'd met Hunter, he'd come to realise that maybe people weren't so bad after all. He raised a fist, knocked on the door, and was pleasantly surprised when a voice from inside instantly said, "Come in!"

The voice belonged to a girl who was sitting on the couch. "Oh, you must be our new neighbours!" she said with a warm, welcoming smile. "I thought I'd heard Dad talking about how someone finally moved into that place." She stood, and extended a hand. "I'm Melissa."
    "I'm Aaron, and this is my boyfriend, Hunter." Introducing Hunter as his boyfriend made him feel a little more giddy than it probably should have. He felt positively euphoric.
    "It's lovely to meet you both! So, what brings you to Windenburg?" Melissa asked, taking a seat again on the couch and inviting Aaron to sit too.
    mRGepAd.png

Aaron shrugged a little. "I was living in Mount Komorebi," he began, and Melissa's face lit up.
    "That's the place with all the snow sports, right?"
    Aaron nodded. "That's the one. But you come to fall off a snowboard one too many times and you realise, maybe Mount Komorebi isn't the place for you after all."
    She winced. Then brightened up again. "There's plenty of fun here, but it's not as exciting as snowboarding," she said. "But why Windenburg specifically?"
    Aaron shrugged again. "I met Morgan Fyres when I was in Mount Komorebi," he said. It sounded pretty lame now that he thought about it, but Melissa seemed to accept his answer. "Yeah, I know her! She's pretty cool," she said. "Don't care much for her club, though..."
    "It's the Renegades, yeah? She keeps inviting me to join, but because I couldn't leave Mount Komorebi until now I had to keep declining."
    She nodded. "Don't join it. I've been telling her to quit it because it has a bad reputation and she's just making herself look bad. She doesn't listen to me, though..." She trailed off, then turned at the sound of footsteps coming down the stairs.
    "Oh, Adonis!" she said. "Come meet the neighbours!" Turning back to Aaron, she said, "This is my brother, Adonis. Adonis, Aaron. I don't know where Aaron's boyfriend has got to-"
    (Hunter! Dang it) Aaron thought to himself. He greeted the boy, Adonis, who sat down on the couch next to Melissa.
    8YvjgJN.png

Aaron might have stared into Adonis' purple eyes a little too long, then caught himself, blinking. No. He was in a relationship... "You moved into the cottage?" Adonis asked, and Aaron nodded, saying, "It's a pretty nice place, for how cheap it was."
    Adonis smiled. "Melissa and I used to play there a lot when we were kids. For as long as I can remember, it's never had an owner."
    "Oh, weird..."
    "No long-term owner, I mean. The people who did move in only moved in for a very short while. "
    Aaron frowned. There had to be a reason for it being so cheap, right...?
    "You know any good hangout spots?" he asked, changing the subject rather abruptly.
    "Everywhere that's anywhere is a hangout spot in Windenburg," Melissa said. "You should definitely check out Bathe de Rill, and if you see Morgan there tell her to stop being so dumb and quit the Renegades."
    Aaron laughed slightly at that and bade the two goodbye, setting off to find Hunter and visit the pool with what was left of their first day in Windenburg.
    Z5a43uH.png

They easily found Bathe de Rill on a map after they got to the mainland. They both changed into their swimwear and Aaron was excited to see a diving board, deciding to show off a bit.
    VlWoQg4.png
    7ctInYd.png
    uHoIDKy.png

After swimming around for a few laps, Aaron decided to take a small walk around the plaza, finding a painting easel looking out onto the ocean - the location was absolutely beautiful. As he wondered what to paint, he heard Hunter coming up behind him.
    "Babe, I'm sorry but I don't have any plasma packs and, um... can I drink from you?"
    Aaron stared at him for a moment, processing what he had said and then it clicked. Of course. His boyfriend was a vampire. He needed plasma. "Does it hurt?" he asked, feeling somewhat dumb as he did so. Hunter had never drank from him before, hadn't even asked like this, and he wasn't sure what to expect.
    Hunter glanced around. "I expect it would hurt," he said finally. "It's okay, I can find someone else-"
    "No!" Aaron said quickly. "Just get it done with. My wrist, or..."
    "Wrist is fine," Hunter said softly. He took Aaron's arm in his hands.
    ZOpCOj0.png
    Gn7o85T.png
    5RiAS1X.png

Extras:
    So! Aaron has a new hairstyle and more facial hair now haha. I chose this hairstyle to show the illusion of time passing so it's more unruly and longer. He might get a haircut and a shave soon, he might not. I do like him with the shaggier hair haha
    ydY4Iy2.png

Also ditched the beanie in his first (and second) everyday outfit, and he got a new second outfit, replacing the Snowy Escape long-sleeved shirt with one from Get Together:
    JmGRVgF.png
    Hunter's first everyday outfit is also not so Snowy Escape focused now.

Adonis and Melissa are my own creations. Adonis was born in game and Melissa was created in CAS with the genetics tool. Their mother is a mermaid version of Princess Cordelia :smiley:
    qdL43I3.png
    The blue guy in this picture is their father (also one of my creations)
    iYS7nj6.png

Have another pic of Yoshi lol
    uRujsyH.png

And more pics of these cuties
    gC7G60B.png
    TBwTgDd.png

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    February 1

BoOvUas.jpg
    Over the next few days, Robin got herself ready to make the move to Windenburg, though this exciting new stage in her life was clouded by sadness as she nursed her first broken heart. She had been silly to let herself fall for Aimi so quickly. She realized that now, and she promised herself she wouldn't let it happen again.

She had secured a small home for herself in Windenburg, and soon she was on her journey to begin this next chapter of her life. (I have no time to seriously build, but I also haven't patched my game yet, so I couldn't go into the gallery, but I did find this shell in my library for a tier 2 tiny home, so I'm slowly working on editing it so it matches this world. It has nothing inside yet, but I did get the outside done. I actually think it's the shell I used for Jules' house when she moved to Windenburg too lol)
    6skSCqC.jpg

After dropping her belongings off, she decided to take Pepper out to the town to explore a bit.
    UdVoaLC.jpg

She hated how down she still felt, and she suddenly felt desperate to shed her old self and completely start fresh, so she stopped into a hair salon and a few of the local shops and decided to drastically change her appearance.

And when I exited CAS, she of course autonomously took a selfie lol. She really did want to admire her new look :D
    Qa64uwg.png
    dbyE40Z.png

"What do you think, Pepper? I think I look fierce...no more gullible Robin who wears her heart on her sleeve. I'm not gonna get hurt again."
    DmcLZ0J.png

Honestly, I think she looks a lot like Jules' cousin, Bex, if any of you remember her from last year haha. I might end up changing her hairstyle, but this will do for now. I don't love her with black hair, but I wanted to something drastic without giving her colorful hair since honestly it seemed too much like Aimi's look.
    gaVCzxB.png

Desperate to feel in her element and go for a swim, Robin and Pepper headed to the bluffs.
    TXGhWHM.png

Oh hey there Emily.
    rrhL0cn.png
    Cgy3zGT.png

gm39aCe.jpg
    4iKIZl5.png

I did change her tail as well to match this new darker vibe she's going for.
    RitmjoQ.jpg

0NrociO.png
    3WiGWnr.png
    t21903x.png

2Wgxazg.jpg

"You know what, Pepper? I think we're gonna be okay..."
    bVZZ3Iw.jpg
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited February 2022
    Hi All - A bit long and picture heavy. Hope you all have a great day/night :)

Jan 31 - Fight For Your Life

grim-is-coming.png
    ~ SUNDAY NIGHT ~

kirk-its-really-fold-here-couldnt-we-gi-ti-that-nice-onsen-and-wait-there.png

Antonio and Kirk had arrived at the ski slopes and were watching sims go by.

Antonio: "Kirk, you know it's kinda cold...couldn't we go to that swimming hole place...that Onsen...and see if the kid shows up there? That place is all nice and warm...and I don't want to catch a cold standing out here all day. You have to be careful at this time of year. It's cold and flu season, you know..."

are-you-serious-right-now.png

Kirk cut Antonio off with a slew of forbidden words, "You are the absolute worst partner I have ever had! Always complaining. "...Kirk...is that avocado...I can't eat that, I'm allergic to anything green...Kirk...I can't use these chopsticks, they must be defective, I need a fork...Kirk...the cell reception is bad in our rental, couldn't we move to another one...I really need to level up in Blickblock..." On and on and on! You are working my last nerve! Now, keep a lookout for that Healy kid and then we can get out of this plumbob town."

yes-this-is-it-that-ski-shop-lady-told-me-this-is-where-all-the-kids-hang-out.png

Antonio looked away uneasily after Kirk's tirade.

Kirk: "You stay here, and I am going to get me some more of those simmis. Do you know how much those things are worth on plopsy? A dang fortune! And all I have to do is plug in some simoleons, and it's like taking candy from a baby..."

ITS-LIKE-TAKING-CANDY-FROM-A-BABY.png

Kirk walked over to the vending machine and plugged in his simoleons.

Antonio stood there muttering under his breath, not liking this one little bit, "You better show up soon Healy because I'm missing my show Stranger Things because of you...and my feet are starting to get cold..."

i-hate-being-here-that-kid-better-show-up.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After I finished my homework and had some dinner, I decided to take the shuttle to the slopes. There was a new lounge that had just opened near the rentals. It was a karaoke bar, and I thought it would be fun to listen to some amateur singers perform. Who knows. I might even give it a whirl myself.

When I got off the shuttle, there weren't a lot of sims around. In fact, the slopes were pretty deserted. Well, it was Sunday night, and most sims were at home. Maybe it wasn't a very good night to visit the karaoke bar, but since I had come all this way, I thought I would go anyway.

As I rounded the corner to take a shortcut through the plaza near the gondola, I suddenly caught a glimpse of a sim that I recognized. Holy Plumbobs! It was HIM! I would have recognized him anywhere. It was the guy from the limo. With the gun! How had he found me?

OH-MY-GOD-HOW-DID-THEY-FIND-ME.png

I panicked and wasn't sure what to do. I hid behind the restroom trying to think. Think! Think! Heck no...just run. I had to get out of there. I was about to run back to the Onsen, when I heard a voice behind me. It was too late. He had seen me! Oh my plumbobs! I'm going to die!

YOUR-THAT-KID-KIRK-THE-KID-HES-HERE.png

Antonio: "Hey...you're that kid! You're him! I'd recognize you even with that awful dye job. Hey Kirk! It's the kid...he's here!"

I-DONT-KNOW-WHAT-YOU-WANT.png

Oh no! There was another guy. How many more were there? I went to turn to run, and the guy grabbed my jacket.

Antonio: "You ain't going nowhere kid," he said holding me in place.

GIVE-IT-TO-US-KID-WE-KNOW-YOU-HAVE-IT.png

Dylan: "What do you want with me?" I spat out angrily.

Antonio: "Let's just say that you have something the Boss wants, and you're coming with us..."

Dylan: "Let go of me...!" I yelled trying to wrench free. Where the heck was everyone? Were there no other sims on the slopes?

Antonio laughing: "You want a piece of me kid?" he said shoving me, "You're so weak...you couldn't punch your way out of a paper bag..."

AND-SUDDENLY-THE-GUY-THROWS-A-PUNCH-AT-DYLAN.png

And suddenly Antonio threw a punch at me.

DYLAN-GETS-IN-A-FIGHT.png

FIGHT-IN-PROGRESS.png

Somehow I managed to punch the guy in the face, and he rubbed his head.

DYLNA-WINS.png

dylan-wins.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I heard the guy named Kirk coming up the stairs behind me.

Kirk: "Antonio...the kid giving you trouble? I'll handle this! You get the tranquilizer...looks like it's the kid's bedtime..." he said laughing.

GIVE-US-WHAT-WE-WANT-OR-ELSE.png

Kirk looked at me and I knew this guy meant business. I was scared, but I wasn't going to let him know it. I clenched my teeth and did my tough guy stance.

YUR-GOING-DOWN.png

I checked my pockets for something...anything...that I could defend myself with and all I felt was some used tissues and gummy bears. Oh right, that was going to help.

Kirk snarled at me: "Well, kid, we could do it the easy way, or the hard way. Your choice, but I much prefer the hard way," he said cracking his knuckles.

And then Kirk shoved me hard.

A-SHOVING-MATCH-STARTED.png

Kirk: "Kid, you've been nothing but trouble. Just like your old man was..."

MY-BOSS-AINT-GONNA-BE-HAPPY-IF-I-DONT-BRING-IT-BACK.png

Dylan: "My father?"

my-father-what-did-you-do.png

Kirk: "Yeah...your father. He served his purpose and the Boss didn't want any loose ends around. Your father was a loose end...and it was my pleasure to get rid of that piece of trash."

Dylan: "You...you killed my father?" I felt the rage build in me.

IM-WARNING-YU-LEAVE-ME-ALONE.png

Kirk just gave me an evil smile, "Yeah...and pretty soon kid, you'll get to meet him again. The Boss never said nothin' 'bout bringing you back alive."

FEELING-HOT-UNDER-THE-COLLAR-KID.png

LOOK-AT-THIS-KID-HES-SO-WEAK.png

PUSHING-DYLAN.png

Kirk grabbed me by the neck and shoved me against the vending machine. He lifted me up with one hand and forcefully slammed me against the machine...over...and over...and over...again. The vending machine was wobbling wildly as he thrust me against it. His hand closed around my windpipe and I started choking...I couldn't breath. I felt powerless. I knew I was going to die.

grabbed-my-throat.png

I felt Kirk loosen his hold on me for just a second, and as he pushed me against the vending machine again, I swung out with both my feet and kicked him hard...oh yeah...kicked him where the sun don't shine.

And he went down...writhing in pain and I scrambled out of the way clutching my neck and taking big gulps of air. And I saw that vending machine still wobbling...wobbling...and Kirk lay on the ground on his back looking stunned...and then the vending machine tilted and fell and trapped Kirk under it.

HE-COULDNT-BELIEVE-HE-HAD-KNOCKED-HIM-DOWN.png

AND-THE-VENDING-MACHINE-FELL-ON-HIM.png

I stared in disbelief, but knew that a strong guy like Kirk would have this vending machine off of him in no time. But it could give me a chance to get out of there. My win was short-lived as I heard Antonio come up from behind. I turned around, and then heard the click of a switchblade.

Antonio: "I ain't playing no more games with you kid. We're bringing you with us..."

take-that.png

Antonio jabbed at my face with the knife, and I tried to deflect his hand, but the knife found its mark and I could feel blood dripping down my forehead. I reached up with my hand, and felt a sticky wetness, and when I looked at my hand again, I saw blood.

Antonio gave me a crooked smile, "Just a little something to show you I mean business..." and then he gave a wild warlike cry and came at me.

Then the whole scene became surreal. Kirk was on the ground grunting and groaning trying to get the vending machine off of him, And I was fighting for my life against Antonio who was wielding a knife and kept making stabs at me.

chaos-at-the-ski-hill.png

FIGHTING-FOR-HIS-LIFE.png

grim-watching-the-fight.png

And then I saw a figure approach us and I yelled for help, but the figure didn't move and just stood there watching us. And then, with all the strength I could muster, I punched Antonio in the face and he fell to the ground. Out cold.

fighting-for-life-grim-appears.png

oh-no-who-died.png

I stumbled back and looked at Antonio and then at Kirk trapped under the vending machine. Only Kirk wasn't moving...and neither was Antonio. Oh my plumbobs! I had killed them! Both of them! I had killed them! I was a murderer!

IM-A-MURDERER.png

The black figure that I had seen earlier stood there a moment and raised their arm and pointed. At that moment, my whole body felt cold and I started shivering. Was this for real...could this really be the Grim Reaper? I wasn't sticking around to find out and turned and ran...

dylan-is-the-bad-boy.png
    enelies-demise.png

dylan-heads-off.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    o-was-going-to-puke.png

I kept running...the slopes were still deserted. No-one had seen anything. But I had to get out of here before someone showed up...so I just ran to the Onsen. I figured I could hide out there and then take the shuttle to town. I felt my heart racing and thought I was going to puke.

I made it to the Onsen and rushed into the restroom. I looked at myself in the mirror.

dylan-onsen-mirror.png

I tried to clean myself up as best as I could. The knife cut was deep, and was still dripping blood. I turned on the tap and splashed cold water on my face. I flipped up my hair to have a look at the wound. I then dug in my backpack and found the small first aid kit. I applied some liquid bandage to the cut, and it seemed to work. It would hold for now. My hands were still trembling as I smoothed back my hair in place.

i-flipped-up-my-hair-to-see-the-cut.png

I took a deep breath and began to formulate a plan. And when the shuttle arrived, I was on it, head bent down in the back seat. I got off in town, and ran to my house.

dylan-had-to-go-he-was-a-fugitive-now.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The door to my house was still locked. No-one had been here. Good. I had to remove the photos of everyone I knew that were in the house. If another sim came looking for me, I wanted everyone I knew to be safe. I unlocked the door and stepped inside and saw the photo of Kaori and I hanging on the wall. And then it hit me, and before I knew it, I just lost it and broke down and started blubbering like a baby.

Dylan: "Oh Kaori...I won't even be able to say good bye to you...our plans...our plans together...all gone..."

OH-KAORI.png

I wiped away the tears, and tried to concentrate. I could do this...I took a deep breath and told myself that I had to remain "frosty". Don't think about her...just go...go...! I quickly grabbed all the photos and stuffed them in my backpack. I took my burner phone and flung it on the floor and smashed it with the heel of my boot. Then I grabbed another bag that I had hidden under the bed and ran out of there.

I would head to the train station and take the first train to somewhere. I was on the run again to who knows where. And I would have to re-invent myself again.

RUNNING-TO-THE-TRAIN-STATION.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

good-bye-mtk.png

When I got to the train station, the place was packed with uni students. Maybe that was a good thing because I blended in with them.

he-ran-to-the-train-station-and-took-the-first-train-heading-out-of-town.png

There were three trains leaving within the hour, and I decided to take the first one. The sooner I left Mt. Komorebi, the better.

farewell-train.png

I walked up to the ticket agent, "Ticket to Windenburg," I mumbled.

The ticket agent smiled at me, "I have always wanted to travel to Windenburg. It really has it all. Lush countryside with beautiful mountains, a quaint village with lots of cafes and clubs. The place is steeped in history. Do you live there?"

Dylan: "Um...no...just visiting...a...a friend...wasn't sure how long I'd be staying..."

Ticket Agent: "Well, you have a wonderful time. I read that they recently built a new club, Discoteque Pan Europa. Supposed to be a real hot spot in town. You and your friend should check it out," she said handing me the ticket.

mean-dylan-i-really-was-a-bad-boy-now.png

I just nodded my head and said we would. The train was leaving in 10 minutes and I headed on-board.

I found a seat in the dining car, and surveyed the other sims in the train car, but no-one seemed interested in me. I hunkered down, and in no time at all the train started moving.

dont-get-involved-again-itsw-over.png

Dylan thinking: "Good-bye Mt. Komorebi...and..." his lip wavered a bit when he thought of her, "...good-bye Kaori....I guess your Grandfather was right. I really am a BAD BOY..."

im-on-my-way.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

I laughed when Dylan got the moodlet about his "Enemies' Demise". I had never had that moodlet before, and was kind of disappointed that no tombstone or urn appears with the vending machine death. I really wanted Dylan to laugh at the urn! lol So, no sad "2-day death moodlet" for Dylan for Kirk's death. However, he went through a mood change right after, so now he's sad from that. From all this fighting, Dylan's character values also took a hit and he has red in Empathy and Responsibility.

I also got this pop-up before the Grim Reaper showed up. How well timed! lol
    kust-before-he-died-i-got-this.png

grudge-after-a-fight.png
    grudge.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Carebear92Carebear92 Posts: 108 Member
    I need to catch up. Had a snowstorm over the weekend so was busy with that
    edited February 2022
    January 31st Comments:

@Karababy52
    (revisiting your January 30 daily image)
    I had to give a small chuckle cause I know where she sent him....lol! But still, that would be nerve wracking. Poor Alessandra. She's going to be like that until L. can find him.

Oh, I downloaded a new MOD that let's one place an unplayed Sim into an NPC role. You might have heard of it? It's called NPCC Mod. I think I'm going to specifically create Sims for the Sages as I took the default ones out. I'll still take a peek at who the game places as, but I like the idea of me setting them up. And NPCC will allow that.
    Yes, that is the bully from before. I was hoping to autonomously see them before the move and low and behold. I think he was just walking the trail, but it looks great for a story piece on following D.J. What's funny is D.J. stopped for a breath of fresh air and I thought he was going to turn around. In my head, I was like.... do it! I can have these two have a part 2 confrontational argument. But then he walked on. It's good also that he didn't as I'm building up this story arc now.
    Very nice scenery shot of Windenburg's Bluffs.

@afai1261
    Yay for Yoshi pics! He's so cute. Hunter moves in just to move out! Ha, ha, ha! But now he'll be moving with his man. :blush:
    That is the bully, yes. When he first entered D.J.s Lot in a foul mood, I formulated a small story arc. I'm glad he showed up when he did. I was hoping he'd autonomously make an appearance before the move to Windenburg. And I like the fact that even though he's probably just walking the trail, it looks like he's stalking D.J. Makes it even better for the story arc.

@SoulGal7
    I love how Kado asks Dylan if he feels better after watching him kick over the garbage can without Dylan even knowing he was right there. Yes, that grandfather of Kaori's is a stubborn old goat.
    Uh, oh. Real bad boys just arrived in town. Antonio could pull off a good D.J. look-a-like or vice versa. :joy:

@permanentrose
    Yes, I am using a seasons cheat. It's an easy one-liner in the cheat window. It sets the season at the beginning. Since I am using the max of 28 days, I won't have to use it too much. Maybe twice per season.
    Poor Robin and Aimi. Hopefully they can still be friends.

@RememberJoy
    Aww, Adam and Kaori can still remain friends. They'll just be long-distance friends.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    February - Day 1: "I'm here and I'm alive, that's enough..."

NizNUAY.png

Notes
    awdmKq8.png
    Cale lay unconscious for a long time in the place where Alessandra's spell had sent him. A warm Summer shower caused his eyelids to flutter open and shut. However, it was brief, and he was soon out once more as the rain soaked his clothes and washed away the black soot on his skin from the fire.

4uucdMA.png
    Almost 24 hours later, Cale finally awoke and tried to lift his head. It felt like he'd been hit by a sledgehammer. His body ached everywhere from the thrashing he'd received from Lance. He struggled to stand but soon fell to the ground in a wave of nausea and dizziness from the concussion he was suffering. He sat for a long time, his head down and waited for the dizziness to pass.

AR4xtBl.png
    Luckily Cale was extremely physically fit and soon able to stand. He wavered, still a bit dizzy, but gradually his blurry vision cleared enough to realize he was not in his house anymore.
    (Where am I? How...did I get here?)

QIOIbGW.png
    (Am I dead? Is this Heaven or...? No, I'm not there, it's too nice.)

nrRJEj1.png
    The memory of what had happened suddenly hit him like a ton of bricks; his decimated garden, hearing Lance confess to murdering his Mother and the resultant fight. The incredible pain when he was slammed to the floor just before he blacked out. He remembered feeling the intense heat, coughing and choking, struggling to breath and not being able to move, hearing the crackling of fire, knowing he would certainly die and then hearing...

OiAHbHN.png
    "Alessandra..." Cale whispered to himself. He remembered hearing her screaming his name and trying to answer her, but all he could do was gargle out a moan in reply before coughing so hard he thought he'd hack up a lung. But then...nothing until he woke up here. She must've seen the fire and tried to save him, had saved him? Was she the reason he was here, wherever that may be? How did she get him here if she did?
    (Think Cale, think. How could a girl half my size carry me here?)
    (She couldn't, unless she had help? From someone or...something...)

And then Cale remembered a conversation he'd had with her on the mountain.

("How did you do that? Are you a Spellcaster too?")
    (That's right! She's a Spellcaster! She must've used a spell to get me out of the fire!)

4gekkKB.png
    (I owe her my life. She saved me.)

88yMuzQ.png
    (But why did she send me here, to...an island?)

Looking out over a vast body of water he assumed was an ocean or sea, Cale could just barely see a range of mountains obscured by a thick mist. Wherever he was, it might not be far from civilization. Maybe this wasn't even an island, he could just be on a coastline and if he walked farther inland, he'd find a town.

Cale decided he'd go for a walk to see what he could find, but that would have to wait. He had more dire needs at the moment, chief among those, he had to pee! Bad!

G7zFxH5.png
    (Never thought I'd have to resort to using a bush again. Gross! Thanks Lance, you *beep*!)

Cale's stomach rumbled from hunger, it had been a very long time since he'd eaten anything. He was sure, in addition to the severe beating he'd gotten from Lance, that had to be a contributing factor for his continued dizziness and feeling so weak. Slowly, oh so slowly, Cale walked away from the bush in search of food.

3T88cMV.png
    Cale could've and almost did cry when he discovered a blackberry bush just a few yards from the bush. He gobbled them down, moaning in ecstasy as if the berries were ambrosia. He should've saved back a few, but Cale knew from experience, where there was one bush, there was bound to be more. The fruit helped to ease his hunger a little, but he was still hungry and thirsty. Should he look around for more berry bushes? Maybe he'd find some mushrooms or other edible plants. Looking up from his thoughts, Cale looked around and noticed the ocean again.
    (Of course! Duh!)

When Cale had been in hiding after the fire he thought had killed his Mother, he'd learned to always keep a mini-survival kit, of sorts, in his pockets. He was incredibly grateful the habit hadn't stopped when he'd somewhat settled in Mt. Komorebi. He had; a compact utility tool with a knife, fork, spoon, a tiny saw and screwdriver, a box of matches, a couple fishing hooks and a length of sturdy string.

With these minimal tools, he'd be able to fashion something to fish with using a stick and start a fire. He'd also be able to fashion some kind of shelter for himself. But that would have to wait. It was Summer anyway, so he didn't mind sleeping under the stars. Watcher knows he'd done it before.

BvTaVY3.png
    It took a long time before Cale was finally able to roast a fish he'd caught from the crude fishing 'pole' he'd made from a stick, the string and one of the hooks. Catching the fish had been easy, it was hauling the rocks from the beach to a clearing and finding the wood to make a fire that took a lot of time and effort.

By this time he was famished and the smell of the roasting fish was making his mouth water in anticipation. He was exhausted too and had come close to passing out from his efforts. His head was pounding even harder now as well.

9yu4gZm.png
    His hunger abated, for now, Cale made himself go back to the beach and light a bon fire he'd also fashioned. He hoped it would serve as a signal fire for any passing boats. IF, this was an island. He still wasn't sure of that and wouldn't be until he investigated his surroundings tomorrow.

49HcqQA.png
    Watching the fire again brought back memories he'd rather not think about, but couldn't be helped. Had they caught Lance? Probably not, the guy was a slippery snake. Did he watch the fire? Did he think Cale was dead? Was he smart enough to stick around and make sure? The guy was a bully, a horrible monster, but he wasn't dumb, he could be very clever and calculating when it would benefit himself. Unfortunately for his Mother, charming too.

S1hUHqt.png
    Cale knew one thing for sure, if he was ever rescued from here, and Lance had gotten away, even if it took the rest of his life, he would find the murderous *beep* and make sure he paid for what he'd done.

L18gdpp.png
    He hoped too that he would see Alessandra again one day. He smiled slightly thinking about her and their friendship. He thought about her smile, her laugh, her beautiful light blue eyes that sparkled when she looked at him. He thought about her long black hair, so silky and soft to touch. He thought about her bravery and courage. He thought about her touch when she would hug him, how it felt to hold her, her smell, her warmth...
    (Stop! She's too old for you. There can never be anything but friendship for us, right? You might never get out of here either and never see her or anyone again.)
    (NO, I can't think like that, I refuse to believe that. I have to be strong, I have to survive. There's always hope.)

Cale yawned so big his jaw cracked. His eyes felt raw, his head hurt, his body hurt and his heart hurt. He slowly walked away from the beach in search of somewhere to lay down and rest.

jfFYAkw.png
    He found a pile of squared off rocks that looked like they'd been fashioned by tools and not just a coincidence. Was it part of some kind of ruins? It was encouraging anyway, it meant people could've been here at some point. Even if centuries ago. Cale crawled on top of the bench, stretched out with a groan and a sigh. Though it wasn't the softest bed in the world, it was better than sleeping on the ground. He was asleep within seconds...

I'll get started on comments and replies next! Hope y'all are having a wonderful day/night! <3
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @LegacySim2017
    Aww, love how DJ said goodbye to all his friends before he had to leave Mt. Komorebi. :) Very cool he spent one more time on the climbing walls. DJ really fell in love with rock climbing eh? You know, I'm actually going to kind of miss those Simmi machines. They're like playing slots or something. hehe I love how optimistic he is when he leaves, turning to look back. DJ has a great start at his skills for only a month, good job DJ!

For your DU question, I'm not sure. It's been so long since I played with Uni, anything I remember might not be correct. All I know is once they apply for scholarships, they can't apply again for more for at least a week. Maybe someone else here or around the forums can help. Or perhaps check out a review video on YT. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Yup, Alessandra is going to be a wreck until Cale is found. :( I've heard of that Mod. However, I have three different Mods by Zero for my purposes, specifically for Sages and NPC Spellcasters. The one you suggested sounds like a good one as well though.

Ah, okay, I thought so about the bully, cool!

@SoulGal7
    Glad Dylan got a chance to chat with Cale and all the other challenge teens. Great talk he had with Kado. He is such a handsome Sim! hehe Love the buried in the snow headfirst screenshot! Fantastic shots of Dylan skiing too! Yum! Dangit! Two years in a row now my Sims never tried the ice cream. Ah well... So sweet he gave Miki a blessing, and fun dance with Yamachan! Uh oh, here comes trouble. o.O Brain freeze! hehe Serves him right! Congratulations to Dylan for finishing the aspiration and maxing out Skiing too!

Oh no! They spotted Dylan! Good for him kicking that guy's butt! Gah poor Dylan getting cut like that. I wondered when the scar would appear. Bummer he thinks he killed both of them. Wasn't his fault though, at all. Poor guy, now he has to go on the run again and might end up losing Kaori in the end. Let's hope that doesn't happen and one day they might be together again. Bye for now Dylan, curious to see what he does to look different now. Too funny about the 'Enemies Demise' moodlet. hehe No Dylan, you are NOT a bad boy, not at all! Poor kid... :(

@afai1261
    I feel bad for her too. She'll be alright though, especially later this month. ;) The Hunters holding on to his stuff was the best explanation I could think of for how he wouldn't lose his photos and expedition plaque. :) Thanks, I love the Crumbling Isle! It's my favorite place in Windenburg. The Bluffs is cool too though. :)

Aha! It's his hair and beard! I knew there was something different about Aaron as soon as I saw him. :) He looks fantastic, older, in a good way! ;) Good idea changing his wardrobe a bit to reflect the new world. Great idea having them go meet their neighbors. Adonis!! Gah! Sheesh, all your gorgeous male Sims keep showing up in your challenge gameplay, I LOVE it! You know I love Adonis too. :) Is he still a mermaid? Sounds like their new home might be haunted or something. o.O Whoa Aaron, look at you! He looks fabulous diving at Bath De Rill! So Aaron is going to be a renegade eh? Or perhaps he'll start his own and lure Morgan away from them. hehe Oh boy, so Hunter spontaneously asked Aaron if he could feed from him? I'm guessing no, that you made him ask. I don't think they can do that autonomously. Of course he agreed. :)

@permanentrose
    Robin's new home looks very familiar, so yes perhaps it was Jules in Windenburg too. Love Robin's new look. Understandable she'd want a new look for her new start, a new life as a more assertive, confident Sim. She does look at bit like Bex. Absolutely gorgeous screenshots in this update at the Bluffs! Hi Emily! I think the shot of Robin and Pepper sitting on the edge of the pool and Pepper jumping in are my favorites. :)

@Shadami
    I'm confused. Why does Velma have fans and is being followed by Paparazzi? Ah, so she settled on DJ for a love interest and the mountain excursion. Cool! :)
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited February 2022
    February 1st: Exploring

Today's Achievements:
    Start a club
    Buy a perk

cS43lDI.png
    I arrived early to Windenburg and set up my tent outside an old cabin on The Crumbling Isle. When I had discussed my options with Clara and Elsa back in Mt Komorebi, they had told me that it use to be a gardener's cabin back in the day, that it was on there land, but was unused. Clara had explained it had a working fireplace but little else, but that I was welcome to camp there for my stay in Windenburg. With winter fast approaching, I was just thankful for a place I could warm up in and get out of the cold.
    cfz5PDk.png
    5DlYIu3.png
    As there was no hope of adding a bathroom to such an old building, I was going to have to purchase a camping shower or just shower at the gym. After setting up the things I brought with me, I grabbed my fishing pole and went and caught a perch. After a quick cleaning, I roasted it over the campfire I'd made and had a nice breakfast.
    hLtYr9c.png
    I caught the ferry from the island to Lykke Center to do a little exploring. My first stop was a cute little cafe where I bought a cup of coffee.
    cJhUSEp.png
    duSO2LI.png
    I went upstairs and was surprised to find it was an internet cafe with a nice row of computers free to use. I jumped on one and found a map of the area, and wow, this is a big world with four different districts!
    nD4v5YS.png
    I finished my coffee and wandered over to the gym. I got excited as I entered as they had climbing walls! Now I can keep my rock climbing skill sharp!
    q3SNyK5.png
    But there was more! They also had a yoga room and meditation stools in a courtyard on the roof!
    Vg5Ew6L.png
    wARVO7F.png
    After a little workout, I ran into two laddies in the locker room and asked them about the clubs Clara had mentioned earlier.
    UlVyLHw.png
    They both shared that almost everyone in Windenburg was a member in one club or another. I asked if they'd be interested in a club centered around yoga and wellness and they both were enthusiastic about the idea, saying no such club existed yet and that I should start one. I invited both of them to be members and they gave me their numbers.
    meTFrHX.png
    I left the gym and walked over to the pool. It was a beautiful facility with an indoor and outdoor pool and had rooms for spa activities including yoga!
    hN7nqqT.png
    sk7kmdF.png
    Evening was fast approaching and I was drawn to the lights and music reverberating from a building out on the water. As I approached I realized it was a nightclub and entered to investigate.
    uo1HRAG.png
    The music was awesome and I quickly lost myself to dance for a bit until Clara recognized me and shouted a greeting.
    tww8rY5.png
    We went over to the bar and I grabbed some chips and told her I was settling in at the old cabin.
    QPPCpW2.png
    She introduced me to her teenage daughter Sofia who was admittedly very cute.
    gn8kM1F.png
    We chatted and I shared some more of my adventures before I excused myself and returned home for the night. I have a good feeling about Windenburg, and I haven't even seen half of it yet!

Cafe: Hare and Hedgehog Reno by hollyrhopkins
    Gym: Windenburg Modern Gym by LeoMontgomery
    Pool: Windenburg Pool & Sauna by jetteborn
    Nightclub: Discotheque Pan Europa by hollyrhopkins

Plopsy Info
    Okay so I finally sold the golden buddy simmi on Plopsy and got 562 simoleons for it compared to the 1000 simoleons I made off of it at the sale table marked up 300%.
    edited February 2022
    @Karababy52
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @afai1261
    I feel bad for her too. She'll be alright though, especially later this month. ;) The Hunters holding on to his stuff was the best explanation I could think of for how he wouldn't lose his photos and expedition plaque. :) Thanks, I love the Crumbling Isle! It's my favorite place in Windenburg. The Bluffs is cool too though. :)

Aha! It's his hair and beard! I knew there was something different about Aaron as soon as I saw him. :) He looks fantastic, older, in a good way! ;) Good idea changing his wardrobe a bit to reflect the new world. Great idea having them go meet their neighbors. Adonis!! Gah! Sheesh, all your gorgeous male Sims keep showing up in your challenge gameplay, I LOVE it! You know I love Adonis too. :) Is he still a mermaid? Sounds like their new home might be haunted or something. o.O Whoa Aaron, look at you! He looks fabulous diving at Bath De Rill! So Aaron is going to be a renegade eh? Or perhaps he'll start his own and lure Morgan away from them. hehe Oh boy, so Hunter spontaneously asked Aaron if he could feed from him? I'm guessing no, that you made him ask. I don't think they can do that autonomously. Of course he agreed. :)
    I was actually really surprised when I saw how good Aaron looks with facial hair!

Aaron might be getting a few makeovers over the course of this challenge ;) And I felt that his SE stuff didn't really fit into Windenburg but his other outfits are a bit less world-specific so he's keeping them :)

I have placed a bunch of my sims in this save for Aaron to befriend, and there are a few more that he hasn't met yet haha (and some that I want him to be really good friends with). Since they're mostly vampires I'm just waiting for them all to show up in August :joy:
    It's really just most of the sims I've entered into bachelor/ette challenges. And then it's fun because other people might recognise them ;)
    Yes, Adonis is still a mermaid, and his sister is one too :smiley:

I have plans for the club that Aaron's going to start and know who I want the first 6 members to be. At this point I don't know if Morgan will be in the club too but I'll just have to see what happens :)

Hunter was thirsty and I suddenly realised that he had no vampire lore skill whatsoever so he couldn't buy or make plasma packs, so had to resort to using Aaron (and yeah, I made him ask). But in future I might just cheat Hunter's needs since he's not the challenge sim lol
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-feb01.jpg
    February 1: A Fresh Start!
    It was dark, but the streetlamps and lights from the houses nearby made the nighttime shine. D.J. stood on the bridge entering Windenburg. The wintertime here was just as beautiful as in Mt. Komorebi. This was similar to his home in Newcrest except the housing was much more timber-framed and the structural design was a bit different.

dj-02-001.jpg

He checked his watch. It was 2am. He made good time. It was only an 11-hour hike with a few food breaks and rest periods in between. He could have taken a cab, but he was here for an adventure. Luckily, he can take a bus to school. He had classes in 6 hours, so he thought he could maybe take another rest.

D.J. walked around to see where he could rest without looking like the homeless person he was. He found a nice little park area. In the middle was a spaceship play area very similar to the one in Mt. Komorebi. Except the other one was made of ice. This one was clearly not. It must have been made by the same company, however.

dj-02-002.jpg

Because it was late night or very early depending how one looks at it, D.J. thought it would be okay to rest on the bench in the little park. He set his watch to wake him in five hours.

dj-02-003.jpg

D.J. woke up in time to prepare himself for school. He was still on the A Honor Roll. He wanted to get into either University of Britechester or Foxbury Institute. Therefore, he made sure to keep his grades up. During classes, he found Caitlin. What a surprise. He was eager to share his news with her that he's in Windenburg. Of course, this excited Caitlin and she wanted to hang out with him and admire his cuteness. D.J. went back to his blushing like he did when they met at the Onsen in Mt. Komorebi. He had to find a place to camp out first. He didn't tell her this, of course. He thought maybe she'd change her mind about him if she found out he had no place to live in Windenburg.

dj-02-005.jpg

After school, D.J. decided it was time for a new wardrobe change. Many of his current clothes were bought from Mt. Komorebi and had the feel of it. Since this was a new adventure, it was time for new outfits. D.J. found a store called Windenburg Shopping Plaza. They sold clothing. Perhaps D.J. could find some Windenburg style clothing.

dj-02-006.jpg

But D.J. was a bit embarrassed and thought maybe he came at the wrong time as all the mannequins were naked. There were a few store employees discussing things with each other. He apologized for the intrusion and asked about purchasing new clothes. One employee told D.J. it was okay, they're in the middle of changing the mannequins' outfits to go with Love Day that is coming up in a couple weeks. The clerk behind the counter helped D.J. pick out some in style clothing for winter.

dj-02-007.jpg
    dj-02-008.jpg

D.J. was so excited about his new wardrobe, he had to selfie himself and show off his new look to his old friends from Mt. Komorebi.

dj-02-009.jpg

After work, D.J. looked for an open spot within the small park he was at this morning and set up his tent. D.J. knew he couldn't make this a thing, so he decided after school tomorrow, he'd look for a spot where he wouldn't be disturbing others and possibly keep to himself without trouble.

dj-02-011.jpg

Side Notes:
    • All of D.J.'s new clothing outfits will be base game or from the Get Together Pack as this is the feature for the month. If you have D.J. in your gameplay and have moved to Windenburg, please outfit him accordingly (if you want, that is).
    • Since I deleted all the default households that came with the Pack, all the lots were empty and will soon be filled. I decided to take one residential lot out of the main area with all the services to add another one, a retail shop. The name of the store is Windenburg Shopping Plaza and can be found on the Gallery with that name if a search is done.

Outtakes:
    While D.J. was at school, this young man was walking through Windenburg! Being such a bad boy skipping school. Or maybe he was transportalated and is lost. :wink:@Karababy52 (Either way, was good seeing him finally in my gameplay)

dj-02-004.jpg

And later that evening while D.J. was at work, I spotted these two handsome young men wandering about. :wink:@afai1261 and @Skeilah

dj-02-010.jpg

(I guess Windenburg is the main hangout for the Challenge Sims in my gameplay.)
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited April 2023
    February 2
    sHMnTe4T_o.jpg
    Aaron wasn't sure what to expect from Hunter drinking from him, but he was sure he definitely wasn't expecting the wave of dizziness and slight nausea that washed over him. And what made it worse was that when Hunter finally pulled away, it itched.
    4dkyp6P.png

He blinked as his boyfriend pulled away, and gazed at him for a moment, then down at his arm, and the two holes that now adorned his wrist. "I'm sorry," Hunter murmured. It hadn't hurt, really, Aaron thought, but now it was starting to itch and he began to scratch at the wound.
    "Don't scratch. It makes it worse," Hunter advised, and Aaron winced, then shrugged and turned to the easel to (try) take his mind off it. He wasn't sure how to feel about the bite - it had felt strangely intimate, and when Hunter said, "Aaron?" he realised he had been staring into space for the past minute. "Did I hurt you?" Hunter asked, his voice concerned, and Aaron shook his head, finally focusing on him again.
    "You seemed so far away," Hunter said softly. "But I guess it's not terrible for your first experience getting bitten..."
    He caressed Aaron's cheek then went off to find Yoshi, and Aaron stared at the blank canvas, blinking rapidly. His mind was racing one second, and barely moving at all the next. (What the...)
    GHuUDls.png
    8pHzMC3.png

They returned home, Aaron grabbing a bowl of forager's stew.
    6zAOSzX.png

Even with the food making him feel a little better, his head still felt airy and he went to bed to prevent the headache that he felt coming a mile away.
    DjYwrjL.png

Hunter stayed up, completing his homework after having a shower. Yoshi was downstairs barking his head off and growling. Eventually growing frustrated with him, Hunter marched downstairs.
    F24rMww.png
    ry0rXMf.png

There was a bang and the lights flickered. When he finally got to the bottom of the stairs, he saw what Yoshi was growling at. He froze. "AARON!"
    v975stk.png

Upstairs, Aaron was already out of bed, eyes darting around, the hairs on the back of his neck on end. Something was very wrong with this house... Maybe he was hallucinating from Hunter drinking from him. Yeah, that was it. That is, until he heard Hunter yelling his name.
    mS4WX9W.png

He practically flew down the stairs to see what was wrong, and regarded a mysterious... puddle? What even was that?
    Hunter stared at him, eyes wide. "What?" Aaron asked, irritated.
    "It scares me," Hunter said simply, pointing out the strange markings.
    "You have got to be kidding me," Aaron rolled his eyes. "Aren't you a vampire? You know? Creature of the night? Scary?" He sighed and grabbed the mop.
    "That's a very small-minded view of vampires," Hunter said indignantly. "We're not all scary."
    "No," Aaron said when he finished mopping. "Some of you are scared. Of absolutely nothing."
    rLELn1i.png

Aaron went back upstairs, longing for his bed again. Hunter, meanwhile, was rapidly researching on the computer, and headed outside.
    OanOgEw.png

He had heard a noise, and when he rounded the corner...
    Rm1WGIS.png

Yoshi followed him out, looking just as frightened as Hunter had been moments before, but talking to the specter had made Hunter feel... playful?
    bQPDlMs.png
    IRKaPHF.png

Aaron had woken up again. How could one sleep in a building so chaotic? He sighed and decided to work on his homework - if he never got back to sleep tonight, at least he'd have something productive done.
    BN417gx.png
    ftfRWga.png

"Are you protecting us from the ghosties, boy?" Hunter asked Yoshi once they were both back inside.
    zV1siGq.png

Indeed, Yoshi had bravely growled at one of the specters.
    CzU9Y9j.png
    cXXL4La.png

"How are you feeling?" Hunter asked Aaron when they woke up together the next morning.
    "I don't know... I think I had a bad dream?" Aaron stared up at the ceiling, frowning. He wasn't entirely sure what had happened last night, but he knew it had been weird.
    "Yeah, let's go with that," Hunter said.

When they got home from school, they noticed that Yoshi was sick - he was dirty and drooling. Aaron sighed and texted Melissa.
    Aaron
    hey random question but is there a vet clinic here
    our doggo is sick
    Melissa
    I didn't know you had a dog! Poor thing :(
    There's Stay Pawsitive in Olde Platz
    that's the only one I know of
    hope your pupper gets better soon!

He thanked her and took Yoshi to the mainland, to the vet clinic Stay Pawsitive.
    J9G8F2Q.png
    RKTj2hS.png

While waiting for the vet to treat Yoshi, he took his soccer ball out and kicked it a few times. His heart wasn't in it though and it bounced on his head after he misjudged the timing of one of his kicks. He swore and sighed. Today just was not his day.
    0rp5duM.png
    hy6U0PF.png
    ro6qzUs.png

The vet informed him that Yoshi had Squirrel Scratch Fever, and offered two treatment options. Aaron went for the more expensive option, burning through $750 simoleons. He really needed to sell some more paintings.
    YDNGFL8.png
    GHP6ynB.png

He took Yoshi back home and gave him a bath. Just as he finished, he received a text.
    Morgan [NOT Hunter's uncle]
    Hey! Why didn't you tell me you were in Windenburg >:(
    Aaron
    ah sorry
    meant to tell you
    want to meet up and discuss that club you keep inviting me to
    who told you tho
    Morgan [NOT Hunter's uncle]
    Melissa told me
    oh also yes
    there's a place called south square coffee
    in Olde Platz
    Aaron
    i was literally right there!
    had to take dog to vet
    meet there in 5?
    *I imagine that Aaron actually has Morgan Fyres' number saved in his phone as 'Morgan [NOT Hunter's uncle]' :joy: She doesn't know what she's saved as lol. I mean he could have put her surname there but where's the fun in that?

Extras and house tour:
    So, yes the house is haunted! I recently bought Paranormal Stuff, and haven't had the chance to try out haunted houses yet so I figured having Aaron and Hunter move into a haunted old cottage would be perfect :joy: And it would be a great reason for it being so cheap ;)
    It's been a tonne of fun so far lol.
    Oh also I'm very bad at writing scary hahahaha

House tour
    So, disclaimer: I am not a builder or decorator, nor have anything to do with build/buy mode at all lol. I downloaded the shell of the house from the gallery but didn't take note of the creator (whoops!). When I do find out who created it I'll update this post :)
    mrrfUeX.png
    It's got the lot challenge Simple Living because I've never played with it before and I figure it would add that little bit extra challenge :smiley:

All I've done is place the furnishings and wallpaper and it's pretty sparse because I'm bad at decorating :joy:

Kitchen, living room, bathroom
    GpvdRHJ.png

Bedroom, "study" (has easel, computer), 2 more bathrooms
    MCmIOrb.png

Living room
    wb6IZO7.png

Paintings next to living room
    gRQMMoy.png

Kitchen
    1zkhOpC.png

Bedroom
    qtD1V2g.png

Study (yes, it doesn't have wallpaper. It does now lol)
    2CJIfhb.png

Yoshi made me put a vet clinic in Windenburg because he just wouldn't stop fighting squirrels and getting sick. It's a really nice clinic though!
    2IImKHk.png
    I didn't take notice of the creator though, just like with the house :grimace: oops
    @LegacySims2017
    Jan 30: Aww seeing DJ's last rock climbing session at the gym is kinda sad actually!
    Haha that comment about DJ definitely not missing vending machines getting stuck :D Think everyone in the challenge shares that sentiment :smiley:

Jan 31: That is a gorgeous pic of the sun behind the mountain! Those colours are incredible! <3
    Haha that is a very long hike! Go DJ! And good luck!

Feb 1: Woo, DJ made it to Windenburg!
    That's a cool shopping plaza!
    Hi Cale! Oh, and Aaron! Great to see him out and about too :smiley:

@permanentrose
    Feb 1: That is such a beautiful daily pic of Robin at the Bluffs!
    Cute little house!
    And that's a great makeover for her! It is a very drastic change but it works so well <3
    Yooo Emily! I actually can't remember if I've ever seen Emily in my game, guess I better keep a lookout for her this month lol

@SoulGal7
    Jan 31: Oh daaaang this update is intense! :o
    As soon as I saw that vending machine I was like oh crap he's gonna die :joy:
    Good job on beating up Antonio, Dylan!
    His scuffle with Kirk was exciting to read!
    And there's Grim!!! He looks so sinister just standing there watching silently...
    Good luck in Windenburg, Dylan. Feel bad for Kaori and all the friends he's made in Mount Komorebi though...

@Karababy52
    Feb 1: Oh, that daily pic... Cale looks so alone, poor dude. Awesome shot though!
    And now he figures it out, about Alessandra saving him.
    Oh no, not the pee bush! lol
    Aw, he's doing pretty okay for himself starting out from nothing again.
    You're going to see Alessandra again one day, Cale!
    And good luck to Cale too. I have a feeling he's going to need it ;)

@Shadami
    Jan 31: Very cute that she has such a big crush on DJ! And that she rolled the whim to kiss him!
    Wow they moved fast into that dumpster :o I guess when it's meant to be, it's meant to be ;)

@RememberJoy
    Feb 1: Lovely little cabin! Aww that pic of him and Kaori alongside his mountain plaques <3
    The barista isn't one of those clones, is it? :D
    Hahaha at Candy just sprawled on the ground under the climbing wall :joy:
    Great club idea!
    @Karababy52
    she got famous from singing at the lounge enough that she hit three star celebrity xD

@afai1261
    I clicked fool around cause I didn't know the option and got confused when they started walking behind the building. But decided to just let them do it xD and they were so proud of themselves. Lol
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Hi All! Might not get to post my story until the weekend. Am busy tonight, but might have a chance to get some comments up tomorrow. Have a great day/night everyone!
    edited February 2022
    @Karababy52 snow bros / hero
    cale and Aaron had some awesome runs snowboarding in a blizzard and the whole onsen scene was funny. Loved it!

The step dad is eeeevvvvillllllllll >:(

@SoulGal7 mountain excursion part 1 and 2
    oh my gosh. Kaori falling would have made me nervous to :open_mouth: omg kaori!!!!! Stop scaring us!!!

@LegacySims2017 festival of light revisit
    poor DJ is so saaaad :( I'm sure he'll do wonderful still on his next adventure but it's sad that it's getting to him right now. You can do it DJ!!

@afai1261 the 30th
    I love hunter and Aaron so much. They're so cuuuuute!!
    Aunt? Twin? *Wild guessing* not so evil clone of the uncle? Very intrigued.

@Carebear92 the 28th
    keep it up savannah! You've got this!

@permanentrose 30th
    Robin ... :( Awwwww saaaaddddd t.t
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    February 2

yfpCrTy.jpg
    It's nice to see that Dylan is still her delivery boy in Windenburg @SoulGal7
    Qs94V5T.png

Aaron was out and about in the neighborhood too, so Robin invited him to go fishing with her. @afai1261
    fxW148q.jpg

Cale was not far either. He told her he was excited to explore the area and that he had heard of a lot of cool locations that they'd have to visit together if she had the time. (Ignore her empty house, it is very much still a work in progress lol)
    eX4TSkf.png
    oWD9qbT.png

Also spotted Hunter, but unfortunately he was not hanging out with his BF.
    Rue6DFB.jpg

I sent her to one of the clubs but it was all just old people and occults haha. I told you guys that Kaori is literally everywhere :D@Karababy52
    RAGbEIW.jpg
    uSowbhg.png

The next day after school, she headed to the quad library to get some homework done.
    FppBPtS.png

And finally I spotted Velma out and about! @Shadami
    jSRDT27.png

A girl about Robin's age came up and introduced herself as Cassandra Goth. She's really cute, Robin found herself thinking, and them immediately berated herself. Stop it. No more wearing your heart on your sleeve, remember? (She did actually perceive her as very attractive, and Cassandra was in a flirty mood as well, so I think Cassandra might have found her attractive too...)
    AbDiyQg.png
    Ti1RuiI.png

Oh, she's cute AND smart.
    cjCsjBd.png

Robin! That's cheating :D
    Vbdu8zJ.png

Well, she did win haha. Stopped playing there for now. Honestly, I feel like Robin finds every teen girl attractive haha, so I may need to refine her taste a bit - though it does give me a lot of options. I think I may pursue the serial romantic aspiration after all :)

Comments....may come if I can manage it lol. But this week is insanely busy, so I apologize if it doesn't happen.
    February 1st Comments:

@afai1261
    I like Aaron's scruffy new look. I may steal that from you when he turns Young Adult in my gameplay. The one he has now has a teen vibe to it. Yay for more Yoshi pics. Such a cute looking dog.

@permanentrose
    Wow, that daily image is just...wow! I like it. Robin's new look is so different. That's not a bad thing, either. I'm surprised Pepper recognized her. :lol: Oh, and I wonder if Aimi would if she happened to visit Windenburg to talk to Robin. I like how Pepper tried to dive into the water like Robin did. :wink:

@SoulGal7
    Poor Dylan. Got himself into a fight he didn't start or want. Then two accidents happen that make it worse. I feel bad for him having to run away. Hopefully he reaches out to Kaori somehow. Her grandfather is going to have a field day with this.

@Karababy52
    Glad Cale started to remember everything when he woke up. Would have really sucked if he had amnesia. Now that he 'is' awake, hopefully when L. tries to communicate with him again, he senses it.
    Because D.J. had his Rock Climbing Skill reach level 10, I did want to make it part of his best thing to do at the gym. :lol: When it's time for D.J. to head off to college and the scholarship thing didn't work, I'll just have him pay full tuition and housing. He'll have to take out a loan I am sure, but that's real life right there. :joy: Now that I am slowly adding Mods back in my game with no MC Command Center errors being thrown my way, I may take a peek at that one. I'll look it up.

@Shadami
    Aww, Velma and D.J. make a cute couple. :blush: I laughed seeing Vlad standing there waiting at the vending machine. He wanted Velma to hurry up so he could work on his collection.

@RememberJoy
    Yay for Adam starting up a yoga club. It seems to be one of his passions and now he can truly share it with others. :smile:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited February 2022
    @LegacySims2017
    omg Vlad was at the vending machine? I either didn't notice or forgot! XD he is one of her biggest fans. Lmao
    I had no idea who Velma was going to end up settling on xD when she decided she liked DJ best, their romance and friendship bars filled all the way up I believe. She still struggles to fill with everyone else. Like she's holding everyone at an arms length away. Not trusting her heart to many even as friends.
  • Carebear92Carebear92 Posts: 108 Member
    edited February 2022
    Short updates.. nothing really different going on besides same stuff

Jan 29
    Today Savannah got a raise at work, which is great because that means more money to save when she moves in a few days. She also been really working on rock climbing, she trying to make sure she can climb Mt. Komorebi next time she decides to go. Savannah decide to switch up a bit, since it was a nice sunny fall day she went for a nice jog.x9cFSXv.png

Table of Contents
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    February 2nd: Making friends

fTxsLhh.png
    I took some time this morning to explore my new world and wandered around collecting some rocks, flowers, and frogs.
    UwJpkib.png
    As the sun rose above the horizon I made my way back to the gym where I called everyone for our first club meeting. I led everyone up to the roof to do a little sunrise meditation to begin the day.
    ExU6Zj3.png
    As a meditated, I felt myself lift off my stool and when I opened my eyes everyone was gathered around me staring.
    Jw95N51.png
    I laughed and apologized, explaining I was so skilled in meditation that I was able to such things but I really shouldn't be showing off. I lowered myself back to my stool and lead them in a meditation session. When we finished I ended our meeting and decided to explore the older part of town, Olde Platz. I started at the local bar but didn't hang around too long as it was too early for much to be going on.
    dj2o95l.png
    I followed the cobblestone roads until I found a food vendor. I was able to negotiate a discount and enjoyed a nice hot bowl of butternut squash soup. Some of my club members Sofia, Jade, and Candy stopped to say hi and we chatted and got to know each other better.
    njhpnw1.png
    I asked if there was any clothing stores around as I'd like to pick up some nicer clubbing clothes. They pointed me around the corner where I found a quaint little shopping mall of sorts. I entered the clothing store and instantly found what I was looking for.
    5FZAfAv.png
    I paid the clerk and quickly changed into my new party ware.
    52I1Gld.png
    Now of course I had to try them out, so I headed back to the main area of town where I remember seeing a nightclub.
    cIHegY3.png
    The place was crowded already as it was a Saturday night and I soon found my new friends. We danced for several hours until I was completely beat and excused myself for the night.
    3AbAfER.png
    I set up the new camping shower I'd bought while at the shopping center and had a nice shower before turning in for the night.

Bar: Windenburg Beer Garden by SanneNadine and YanaLaayis
    Shopping center: Narwhal Street Shopping by mmartucc
    Nightclub: WIndenburg nightclub by Elise-Isa

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top