Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Money Making hobby for a snob?

Im playing the money making scenario with my snob sim who wants the wealthy and successful career aspiration but i gave her the lavish mod where she hates menial tasks and getting her fingers dirty so no gardening, she is in the actress career and i was looking for something to tide her over between auditions and gigs as its a rags to riches. Is there any hobby that would be considered good for a snob, high maintenance type sim? im struggling to think of anything

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited January 2022
    Cross-stitch

she could enjoy the stress relief of poking things with needle and its very delicate work

or she could take up instrument and play it in some nice places for fun but obviously depends how snobby she is about the place
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Painting and writing seem the obvious pair, since they're lucrative, but also deeply connected to the world of high art snobbery. Have your sim produce non-fiction (I like to label the books as biographies), poetry and literature, and produce only classical paintings.
  • DizzyDi34DizzyDi34 Posts: 449 Member
    Painting and writing seem the obvious pair, since they're lucrative, but also deeply connected to the world of high art snobbery. Have your sim produce non-fiction (I like to label the books as biographies), poetry and literature, and produce only classical paintings.

I do kind of like the idea of the writing skill and the non fiction idea as she is all about moi and the classical painting idea, she is all about the acting so i guess the books could be bios and stuff to do with acting as thats what i want her to be known for. Thanks for the ideas
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    If the Sim is confident, they can write motivational books. I can imagine a snob Sim writing snobby "self-help" books because they want to tell others how to be as good as they are, especially if the Sim is also self-absorbed.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2022
    Maybe they would choose to paint, but use the tablet to do so, rather than an easel (no mess).

They may also enjoy social media fame, blogging, vlogging and posting about themselves, gaining Fame and freebies/money from various perks and later forming their own brand.

They may have pedigree pets, and breed and sell pedigree puppies/kittens. They may also train them for pet shows and be tipped for the pet's performance.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    edited January 2022
    @Benjamilian @NightlyCoffee That's pretty much what Diego Lobo does in my game

sad-book.png

(He's overcompensating a bit, too, as his guilty secret is that even though he's a well-known art critic his own painting skill is not actually that good)

The books earn much more money than his career.

gen3-banner.png
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Exclusive yoga club? She could teach yoga in some upscale location.
  • TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    edited January 2022
    Painting.
    Snobs love art, some artists are snobs, and painting is a good money-maker in Sims. You could also give her the art critic career, which would work perfect with it. (My materialistic snob has actually been much happier since she became a critic.)

On the other hand, real life painting would involve getting her hands dirty (not in Sims though).

• pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Being a YouTuber. It’s very lucrative and the snob can just talk about herself.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Maybe they would choose to paint, but use the tablet to do so, rather than an easel (no mess).

This is a good method. You can get your Sim in a creative mood pretty readily, then queue up half a dozen "create artwork" interactions on the tablet. Hit triple speed and rake in the cash. As a bonus you'll be boosting their Painting skill. Start with small pictures, then progress to larger ones as your Sims' skill goes up.
    The thing is i wish you could set what you want your sim to be famous for, the writing and painting as hobbies to make some money arey great but i really only want her to be renowned for being an an actress, most famous ppl have an autobiography or a fitness vid but they are known for being a comedian or actress who wrote a book on the side lol its why im trying to not do things that get extra fame eg only singing songs that grant no fame will see how the hobbies go
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited January 2022
    Could moonlight a bit as a private Yoga instructor/masusse or doing manicures/pedicures if her wellness gets up high enough.

I THINK you can to improv acting that can net you tips but I can't remember clearly been awhile since I played with my last sim with the actor career when they'd do some one man show on their own or grabbing another sim to act it out with.

If your sims Charisma is high enough could always borrow money from other sims and not return it later. ;P

Have a sim in game that bakes stuff and sells them in a yard sale.
    5vJrxmT.png
    edited January 2022
    see thats anotherr thing she likes fitness and wellness and constantly is working out but hardly ever does anything wellness which is weird as always at the spa lol she doesnt like cooking need to get her a butler at some point. Dave her a mod trait called lavish that makes her dislikecleaning or cooking or basic things like that by default lol.
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 949 Member
    She might also make movies provided the right packs are available.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    What about Photography?

Pet training? She could get a poodle and train it.

• ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    For a money making sim, I'd focus on side careers. I would really like to see more gameplay for making money, managing it, spending it and losing it. I think that's an obvious area that they can develop.

For now, I'd probably manage some side careers using money cheats. That's not just cheating money into the game but using them to simulate professions that are paid for appointments that you can simulate in the game. Examples would be life coaching, investing in stocks (complex because it would involve managing them outside of the game and using a randomizer to determine events), real estate sales or investment, etc. This type of sim would probably be an entrepreneur with a side project.

Honestly, they could make a GP centered on entrepreneurship to make it easier but you could see what you can come up with. Your sim could have a dream idea that they want to develop and promote. I'd actually love a pack geared toward that and I haven't fully developed a sim with that type of gameplay but that's the direction I'd go in with this type of sim.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    DizzyDi34 wrote: »
    see thats anotherr thing she likes fitness and wellness and constantly is working out but hardly ever does anything wellness which is weird as always at the spa lol she doesnt like cooking need to get her a butler at some point. Dave her a mod trait called lavish that makes her dislikecleaning or cooking or basic things like that by default lol.

Guess cooking is definitely out of the question. XD

I was playing around a bit with the update with the spa pack so if she goes to the spa often she can lead a yoga class there. I tend to boot the yoga instructor here off the mat and send them off somewhere and post to simstagram so my sim can instruct a class be it public or private.
    5vJrxmT.png