Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would You Play A Sims MMORPG?

Would You Play A Sims MMORPG? 193 votes

Yes, please!
5%
NinoosimDarcVader1kiwi84PiutsikipammiechickEdieApplebypandie00WispyeBoujieSimmerImDragone 10 votes
No way!
79%
crocobauraBluegayleauroraael14CK213EvvieSimmercatmom1987Jeanrudy8292Kita5399Sara1010PMichelleWbandit5alexspoom13NighteyesIceyJCabelle1863AprilDawnoveronZhakiraPCamkat 153 votes
Well, maybe.
8%
MelisendreheiblumeMagdaleenadavina1221gc6164LeccaIvyeyedOnverserSheriSim57TentacrocaclesKokoaMilkStuffyMarxDalekFridaythatpinkcoconutBenjamilianaliceciprianoCuriousCarrotTop 17 votes
I'd love a Sims MMORPG, but my family refuses.
0%
I strongly dislike the idea of an MMORPG, but others in my family would love it.
1%
QuaayMeowchaFrappe 2 votes
I'm too shy! So, I prefer to play with NPCs.
4%
NyxLunaStarCopperBoltLizzychicagoBabykittyjadeKathykinsWrwurSeashoreLiviaRouensimsAenala 9 votes
I'm afraid of bullying.
1%
mueller_liteStrawberryYogurt 2 votes

Comments

• ImDragoneImDragone Posts: 76 Member
    Yes, please!
    So, I'd personally love a Sims MMORPG.
    And, I'd love it if it had a system in place to help people meet eachother of similar ages for friendship, inviting to guilds, etc. Like SWG had.
    SWG is to this day the best MMORPG ever made. And, if Sims wanted to make an MMORPG, I'd highly suggest they make it at least as good as SWG was.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited January 2022
    No way!
    No, I'm playing the sims for completely different reasons. For me being able to create anyone who I want and create the world that I want and play in it. I can turn off the game whenever I want and I don't need to interact with people.

I played World of Warcraft in the past and that was a completely different game, I interacted with people and played the game daily to level up my characters. I don't want that in the sims.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,853 Member
    No way!
    Had to Google SWG. 😄 Guess that says it all
  • KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    No way!
    No, just no.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    No way!
    I have little interest in a mmorpg. I don't have the need to play with other people online. I don't have any real life friends to play with and refuse to play with total strangers. Besides I like to play stories and families, not one single character or avatar.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    No way!
    Absolutely not.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm too shy! So, I prefer to play with NPCs.
    No the best part about sims is there is no people interaction. I play roblox on occasions but I get too shy when people try to interact so I don't enjoy it as much.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,354 Member
    No way!
    I don't do MMOs. I prefer more input on who I'm playing with than random people who may or may not care about how their actions impact my fun.

I wouldn't object to something like Animal Crossing, where I can invite people to my "neighborhood" or the multi-player mod where someone hosts a group game on a particular private server. But not a full "anyone can interact with anyone" MMO.
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Well, maybe.
    I don't know how it'd work, but I don't rule it out. I'm not big on MMOs, but I like the idea of being able to visit people's homes, a la Animal Crossing. So long as there's no PVP!
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    No way!
    The thought of this makes me cringe.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    No way!
    no way to me the sims game must remain an offline game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,281 Member
    No way!

That would a negative for me as I already play a MMO game called World of Warcraft. But even in that game, I am a lone wolf and would rather just be left alone to do my thing my way and have very little contact or socialization as possible. Yes, back when I started playing WoW just before Burning Crusade came out, I was in a guild and doing guild things with the other members. But over time, the guide just didn't grow and was disbanded when the Guild leader had to stop playing to take up a job to help with her family when the husband got laid off of work. I then just kept to myself with the exception of 1 or 2 other players until another player got all mad at me because he claimed that I didn't know how to play my Mage because I kept dying. So after that incident, I just don't group up with other players and when someone sends me an invite to group up to do the quests, I decline and go somewhere else to play until until they leave the area. I only group up with people that I know that play the game which these days is zilch since the hubby hasn't played WoW in almost 2 years. So yeah, I wouldn't touch a Sims MMO with a 10 foot pole.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    No way!
    I play Sims to build and create not to interact with others have we not suffered enough with the limitations of Sims 4 since they started it as an online game. Yeah no this does not look fun.

maxresdefault.jpg
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    No way!
    Two things: First, the Sims series isn't about role-playing games (but some individual players do choose to use a somewhat RPG-like playstyle), so it would be a major departure for the franchise if their next main title were to suddenly be made into a role-playing game. I love RPGs myself and have enjoyed some MMORPGs in the past. But I have no interest in a Sims RPG of any kind (single- or multi-player). Secondly, if the next game were to be a non-RPG MMO, I would have no interest in that, either.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    Well, maybe.
    It really depends, I like playing the sims rotationally, so I certainly want TS 5 to be like sims 4 in that way. If they have a good single player mode where I can play a good rotational game by myself, I don’t mind if they have another mode where you can play with other people too. If it’’s cross compatible with the play station I could play the game with my daughter, which would be fun for me. But, it would probably be a monthly subscription and I don’t really like that idea.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,020 Member
    No way!
    If it was an optional add-on to Sims 5, I'd try it out once to troll and harass people. You know, just have my sim constantly slapping others. But other than that, I'm not interested in a multiplayer experience for a game like The Sims.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    No way!
    I’ve played some MMOs, but still preferred the single player (and co-op) experiences more. I don’t want to play a MMORPG format, and MMORPGs usually limit customization and freedom, which is the opposite of what I want from a Sims experience.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Well, maybe.
    Being someone who used to play a lot of MMOs in the past, I think I would give it a try. I don't think I'd be particularly active, though. The Sims is still very much a singleplayer game to me.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    No way!
    I don't see the point, really. There are a bazillion MMORPGs out there that people can (and do) play already. The Sims games are popular because they do their own thing, part of which is being a simulator, not an RPG. I guess Sims Medieval could be considered an RPG and Sims 3 and 4 have occasional RPG elements (Into the Future and WA quests, Strangerville, Cottage Living, etc.) but to be honest, the only reason I didn't stick with Sims Medieval is because it was too linear to the game's story and not to mine. I like having some RPG to be optional but ideally prefer player customization and good simulation mechanics.

For Sims to become an MMORPG would be to change its identity completely, they might as well rename it altogether and kill off the franchise to go that route.
    #Team Occult
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    No way!
    I played one MMORPG for years and, in the end, I think it's hard to find people who share your gaming style and it's hard to match your schedules. Of course how hard it is partly depends on the game as well. Anyhow, I very much prefer The Sims as it is. I love the freedom to play when I want and just for myself. I can take the story where I want and I can change it when I want.

I admit I have seldom thought it could be fun if I could play with my sisters in the same save at the same time, but no. It would also be a lot different and I'm not sure how it would actually work. I haven't thought it much and I'm not that interested in it.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Well, maybe.
    Sure, if it was a separate game I'd play it. I've had many good years playing similar life sim MMO games. Only trouble is the market is dead now. Quite literally 90% of games like this have shut down in the past 5 years, so it'd be a pretty foolish decision to make one. Especially considering they've already made 3 online sims games and they all tanked...
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    No way!
    I just have no interest in this. If they do it, keep it separate and not at the expense of developing the rest of the game. If this just becomes about creating avatars for some online world - no, that's not my thing. I don't personally have any need for it.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • PlumbobiPlumbobi Posts: 95 Member
    No way!
    I think the whole reason why people play The Sims is to be able to create their own world with their own people, tell their own stories, etc. Sure it's fun to be able to come and share stuff, maybe do some challenges and whatnot. But at the end of the day, The Sims is supposed to be that private escape. I think instead of thinking about multiplayer options, maybe they could think of expanding The Sims Forums to include certain badges in the game. Like, how cool would it be if we got a little badge on our profile when we completed a scenario or an achievement? I'm just throwing the idea out there...
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    No way!
    No thank you. I only like to play single player off-line.
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    No way!
    No-keep Sims as a life sim/sandbox game. I don't want to see begging,online dating,scamming,spamming or griefing in a Sims game.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?