Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is DHD Broken?

I haven't played it in a while until today; my sim went to decorate someone's house and she completed the furnishings, did the before and after photos etc and called the client's back to the house - I got the window pop up top left with the list of things to complete, like 'show renovations' etc. She did the first item (show renovations) and the whole thing just completed without the before and after photo reveal, anyone's opinions, or showing specific items.

Is anyone else playing that career at the moment?

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    I haven't played it in a while until today; my sim went to decorate someone's house and she completed the furnishings, did the before and after photos etc and called the client's back to the house - I got the window pop up top left with the list of things to complete, like 'show renovations' etc. She did the first item (show renovations) and the whole thing just completed without the before and after photo reveal, anyone's opinions, or showing specific items.

Is anyone else playing that career at the moment?

That happened to my sim as well, but I thought I must have done something wrong as I didn't bother too much with the pictures taking.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    Thank you for replying @crocobaura

I will give it another go and see if the same thing happens...
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited January 2022
    It's broken. I just got the pack for christmas and I've done four reno gigs. Twice I've had the same thing happen that you described. Then one time I faced problems with locked doors and only once the gig went through without problems.

I had an idea but haven't tested it yet. It's to make sure the sims are on the same level when revealing the reno. I remember both times I had the problem my sim was standing on a foundation and the clients were standing on the ground. I don't know if this could be the cause.
    @musteni my sim and the clients were all on the same level, it didn't help :(

@Kita5399 thanks for the links, I had looked there first but am terrible at finding anything specific on that site.
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    I have had this happen a few times. I did notice that this happened once when my sim finished the remodel, but the clients took a long time getting to the door of the lot. I hit the gig time limit and it booted me out. I have been meaning to try multiple remodels to see if this might be a cause, but I haven't played DHD in a while.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,500 Member
    I guess I won't worry too much that I have yet to play that career. I had the perfect Sim for it, too. But, she's now married to a physician and they have twin Toddlers. Beside all of that, I'm not playing that household at the moment. But, now I won't feel to badly about not having explored this pack. Pity, it sounded like so much fun, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I just hope they repair it and Dine Out. Content shouldn't be broken for any length of time. Broken gameplay should be a priority for being fixed.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
    I just hope they repair it and Dine Out. Content shouldn't be broken for any length of time. Broken gameplay should be a priority for being fixed.
    Very true. It's quite astonishing how long some things have stayed broken.
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member

I agree & I would add Eco Lifestyle & Cottage Living to the above list. I'm interested in purchasing DHD, EL & CoL, but at this point, I refuse to spend any more money on packs that contain major bugs.
  • LeccaLecca Posts: 126 Member
    I haven’t played the career recently but I’ve had constant issues with the DHD shelves disappearing. I was so excited to see these modular shelves introduced but they’re basically unusable because of this.
  • ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    If you use the modular shelves on half walls they don't disappear. So glad I found this trick.
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    I guess I won't worry too much that I have yet to play that career. I had the perfect Sim for it, too. But, she's now married to a physician and they have twin Toddlers. Besides all of that, I'm not playing that household at the moment. But, now I won't feel too badly about not having explored this pack. Pity, it sounded like so much fun, too.
    Watch out they, even more, pickier than from ts3 will ask for items that will not make any sense or ask for a theme when not just item like a storybook not a lot of items in that.

[img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited February 2022
    I enjoyed Dream Home Decorator when I played it last year but when I got the level addition gigs I realized that they very often did not work because the level restriction that they added to those gigs often prevented you from building at all. So I had to cheat (bb.enablefreebuild) if I wanted to do those gigs. Sometimes that happened with room addition gigs too.

But apart from that, that pack worked pretty well for me, my reveals worked most of the time and I liked the likes/dislikes system even if sometimes their likes and dislikes could be a bit weird, like the client wanting a violin when I'm building a kitchen for example. But I solved that by placing just one item from what they liked in the room.
  • Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    Haven't played in a while but I got really annoyed by the fact that the walls + floors wouldn't fill up while using 'shift'.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I enjoyed Dream Home Decorator when I played it last year but when I got the level addition gigs I realized that they very often did not work because the level restriction that they added to those gigs often prevented you from building at all. So I had to cheat (bb.enablefreebuild) if I wanted to do those gigs. Sometimes that happened with room addition gigs too.

But apart from that, that pack worked pretty well for me, my reveals worked most of the time and I liked the likes/dislikes system even if sometimes their likes and dislikes could be a bit weird, like the client wanting a violin when I'm building a kitchen for example. But I solved that by placing just one item from what they liked in the room.

So the enablefreebuild cheat unlocks all build options during a renovation? If that is the case I might actually give this career a try.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited February 2022
    Atreya33 wrote: »

So the enablefreebuild cheat unlocks all build options during a renovation? If that is the case I might actually give this career a try.

Yes, it does, the downside is that you are removing the budget restrictions. But at least you can finish the gig if the bug is preventing you from building.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »

Yes, it does, the downside is that you are removing the budget restrictions. But at least you can finish the gig if the bug is preventing you from building.

I don't care much about the budget restriction. I can't believe I never considered using this cheat in a renovation. Thank you for this useful tip.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    @Atreya33 , I assume it's probably not an issue but do not know for sure because I've never done this career; do be aware that when using freebuild you cannot access household inventory.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    I have not had any problems, just had to work on the level they wanted!