Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

could cars be returning to the sims4 look at the screenshot?

hello to all players seen this on twitter could cars be returning to the sims4 via a kit?

behsjoq.jpg seen this on twitter
If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    People have been using those debug cars forever. Hope they don't put cars in a kit, though.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Just a debug car sadly and the garage door from City Living a lot of us players have been forced to play pretend with cars since release.

Here's a portion of an interview with one of the Guru's prerelease of Sims 4.

Simified: Will Sims be able to have and own cars? Will cars in The Sims 4 have functions similar to The Sims 2 (opening doors, etc.) or will they be like The Sims 3?

Grant: Sims will definitely be able to own and have cars! As far as how they will function, I cannot comment on that yet. I do know that opening doors, like in The Sims 2, would require a lot from our animations team, so this may or may not happen.

Yeah 7 years later they don't care about us players who need cars in our game just another empty promise that will never come if they were possible prerelease why 7 years later do we still not have them.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Kits are way to small for cars but cars could come in a Free Update.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Opening doors requires a lot from the animation team…. What??
  • PlumbobiPlumbobi Posts: 95 Member
    edited January 2022
    I don't think this particular picture is a hint. It comes from a Sims Community post. Here's the link to the original https://simscommunity.info/2022/01/30/the-sims-4-story-starter-kit-father-knows-best/

If I'm not mistaken, this is a picture of the house the family is going to live in and uses a debug car. People have been decorating with the debug cars for a while. That said, it is possible we may get cars at some point. I'd be open to the idea of them being in a kit *IF* they add cars to the base game and then use the kit as a way to do extra stuff with them (like an auto repair kit or something).
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I think there were hints to cars in the name of the Cottage living pack. I would assume they would come in an expansion pack if we get them. Maybe with a Mechanic career, a gas station/mini market, or something like that. I do hope we get cars.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    edited January 2022
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I think there were hints to cars in the name of the Cottage living pack. I would assume they would come in an expansion pack if we get them. Maybe with a Mechanic career, a gas station/mini market, or something like that. I do hope we get cars.

Cars should be in an expansion pack so we get a good amount of items.
    I’m not sure a game pack would be enough.
    A stuff pack wouldn’t do cars justice.
    A kit would be a no.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

A kit would be a no.

They could add cars in a patch, like they added toddlers. They need to add the basic gameplay and at least a few models. If they add mechanic career and car repairs and upgrades and other significant gameplay would be ok to add in a pack.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

A kit would be a no.

They could add cars in a patch, like they added toddlers. They need to add the basic gameplay and at least a few models. If they add mechanic career and car repairs and upgrades and other significant gameplay would be ok to add in a pack.

I've made put together a nice idea about cars with a gas station and mechanic shop and a car lot to buy them from. Car wash would be neat too. I think a few will be in a free update if they do it at all. Little roller cars for toddlers, bikes/4 wheelers/ect for kids, and motorcycles, side by sides, antique cars, vans, and trucks would be great. Car woo-hoo, infants freed so they can go in car seat would be nice.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

Oh my goodness... sounded to me like:

We will give you some cars, sure, but our animations team, they can't even get the car door to open. Enjoy your debug car deco items. -Grant

:joy::joy::joy:

10 years later ... Animations team! Don't listen to this Grant person! Keep trying to get that car door open! You can do it! We have faith in you! -Simmers :heart:

Seriously though, if they can't, how about a motorcycle?? Or a car that lets you tinker with it on the driveway to build mechanical skill? Who got the door to open on the space rocket?? Can they make a flying car?
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited February 2022
    Nope. Not in a kit. Not in a stuff pack. Game pack could possibly work.

Yeees, motorcycle would be great! A sidecar!!! OMG, I got too excited.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I think cars might be coming in the new GP, but not because of the picture posted. But because of SimGuruNinja's tweet about it will be right up someone's alley. If his tweet about DO was hungry for news, and serving up some fresh information...then alley has to be about cars...right? lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    I can see what you're driving at.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Wouldn't that be nice.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited February 2022
    But… isn’t an alley too narrow for a car? Like, alleys are usually narrow streets between buildings, or narrow paths/lanes, meant for pedestrians, not cars.

I also really doubt they would suddenly put cars in a kit. Maybe a patch and part of a gamepack/expansion.

I think the twitter comment meant either a weird way of aisle (for wedding/church), a skinny passageway, or garden walkway.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    But… isn’t an alley too narrow for a car? Like, alleys are usually narrow streets between buildings, or narrow paths/lanes, meant for pedestrians, not cars.

I also really doubt they would suddenly put cars in a kit. Maybe a patch and part of a gamepack/expansion.

I think the twitter comment meant either a weird way of aisle (for wedding/church), a skinny passageway, or garden walkway.

Where I live we have a ton of alleys and they are all accessible by car, only one car at a time though, not like a road, but you can definitely drive a car down them.

They are sometimes between buildings or sometimes behind backyards (we have a lot of garages behind homes that have an alley entrance, meaning you have to drive down the alley then turn into your garage, rather than having an actual driveway on the side of your house).

But, I don't think it's a hint that cars are coming. "Right up your alley" is a pretty common phrase in US when you're conversing with someone about something they'd enjoy. That tweet he responded to was from someone who was inquiring about when more gameplay would be happening.
    Original Twitter'er posted:
    Digital Food is great, I'm looking for Gameplay, animations, life simulation?

Ninja's Reply:
    Gamepack news coming soon! Hopefully right up your alley

Where I live we have a ton of alleys and they are all accessible by car, only one car at a time though, not like a road, but you can definitely drive a car down them.

They are sometimes between buildings or sometimes behind backyards (we have a lot of garages behind homes that have an alley entrance, meaning you have to drive down the alley then turn into your garage, rather than having an actual driveway on the side of your house).

But, I don't think it's a hint that cars are coming. "Right up your alley" is a pretty common phrase in US when you're conversing with someone about something they'd enjoy. That tweet he responded to was from someone who was inquiring about when more gameplay would be happening.

Ninja's Reply:

Thanks for the info about alleys. :smile:

Yeah, I was aware of the idiom, but sometimes that guru likes to give wordplay from what other simmers said, if he’s even hinting at anything at all.

I’m hoping it’s just an idiom/saying, either way.

The simmer who asked for more animations/gameplay/life simulation likes historical gameplay and does some builds, but also loved life simulation stuff in general, and prefers the more gameplay we got from older Sims games like Sims 2/3, etc, so it makes sense.

So I hope this game pack does have some gameplay. (I doubt cars would be in it, though.)
    (She/her)
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2022
    "Right up your alley" is literally just a turn of phrase that means "the kind of thing you'd enjoy".

I wouldn't read anything more into it than that.

• BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Maybe 'alley' is a red herring. We ought to be looking at 'right'.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited February 2022
    Well yesterday sg ninja shared an image of windows error on his pc and he said it was photoshoped. The image said that it was a driver problem...
  • ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    Nope. Not in a kit. Not in a stuff pack. Game pack could possibly work.

Yeees, motorcycle would be great! A sidecar!!! OMG, I got too excited.

If the cars are concluded in a GP, then I hope that GP has private cars (2 seats, 4 seats and 6 seats), trucks, motorbikes, buses and golf carts etc
    texxx78 wrote: »
    Well yesterday sg ninja shared an image of windows error on his pc and he said it was photoshoped. The image said that it was a driver problem...

Do all of SimsGuruNinja’s tweets always hint at every theme that comes in the packs?

It would be shocking (and amazing) if they did include cars.
    (She/her)
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »

Lololol i like how you guys find hints in EVERYTHING. I saw that post but never even thought of that😂😂😂😂
    I mean he could have literally been talking about his computer driver but I do still think we are getting cars in this game! And I have a feeling this is the year! So if that's a hint I wouldn't be surprised. That would be clever 😌
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    "Right up your alley" is literally just a turn of phrase that means "the kind of thing you'd enjoy".

I wouldn't read anything more into it than that.

Yes, but in one of his tweets he wrote before DO something like 'I know you are hungry for news, I hope to serve up some fresh information soon'...lol See? If it was a wedding pack it wouldn't be 'right up your alley' but something like 'right up your isle' And then there are things like Race Alley ....see it all makes sense to me.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member

Ninja's Reply:

Thanks for the info about alleys. :smile:

Yeah, I was aware of the idiom, but sometimes that guru likes to give wordplay from what other simmers said, if he’s even hinting at anything at all.

I’m hoping it’s just an idiom/saying, either way.

The simmer who asked for more animations/gameplay/life simulation likes historical gameplay and does some builds, but also loved life simulation stuff in general, and prefers the more gameplay we got from older Sims games like Sims 2/3, etc, so it makes sense.

So I hope this game pack does have some gameplay. (I doubt cars would be in it, though.)
    The “right up your ally” comment could be hinting at a future Expansion or game pack we don’t yet know about. Many people think that Henford on Bagley was a definite hint towards cars as supposedly the first ford(s) were made on A street called Bagley.