Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Art Design Goals for 2022

It's come to my attention that we have another "fierce" kit coming our way. As it turn out, the first one was just mainly party clothes, *phew*, but that means the next kit is likely furniture. Now, I'm not too sure what Maxis developers think is "fierce furniture", but I am dreading some type of abstract art coffee table that looks like a Salvador Dali melting clock. Or sofas and living room chairs, like the ones they added already, with only one armrest. I didn't even know such furniture existed.

I am really hoping for one day a kit to come called "plain designs" or "boring bedroom furniture". Simple, basic, wood furniture in white, light brown, medium brown, dark brown and black. All the wood color swatches matching. And lots of pretty sheets, bright comforters and cozy blankets to choose from. A furniture kit called "Back to the Basics".

Also a clothing kit called "Simple Boring Clothing". Jeans that are not too tight on male Sims, not too embroidered on female Sims, not too short, not bell bottoms, and not sewn together from multiple fabrics. Tops that do not have so many extra things on them like buttons and patterns. Jackets that zip properly. Because of so much fierceness and wacky humor in the game design of 2021, I recently nearly crashed my laptop downloading CC clothes and furniture.

While I appreciate the humor and fun with the designs and enjoy looking at them in CAS and build buy, my Sims are just not very fierce or fun, they are quire boring, so I need more plain content added alongside the fierce and wacky content. I'm curious what everyone else on the forum hopes the future design of this year's expansion, game, stuff and kit packs will be like? Are we going to have a fierce year? Lets take a poll to see what everyone is hoping for in terms of overall design for new clothes and furniture objects this year.

Art Design Goals for 2022 80 votes

Fierce & High Fashion
2%
goodcakebaker62Charlotta11 2 votes
Wacky & Fun
2%
YautjagirlRouensims 2 votes
Plain & Simple
27%
auroraael14IcewolfMelisendreheiblumeNinoosimbarracuda1574sekojranaTeeSeaLeccaannaliese39ChadSims283bienchenBlueOvaleChicklet453681logionKimmerElliandreNightlyCoffeeCjc23989EternalSunshine 22 votes
Gothic & Spooky
11%
bshag4lvIsb917SnuffyBucketTorieemereInternal_ChaosSimmingalJustMeAlbKhazthe 9 votes
Country & Old Fashioned
5%
ladybreidStrawberryYogurtSeashoreLiviaBowtruckler 4 votes
Majestic & Medieval
16%
PlayerSinger2010invisiblgirlgreydonnphantasmkissGracieO312DoloresGreyBridgetKVEvaliynRedShoe7ZiafarcomicsforlifeAtreya33Skyrryx 13 votes
Tattered Rags & Chipped
15%
CamkatAnnie2008elanorbretonMindofyBabykittyjadeKarababy52joRN1414PeralSiggDiggitEmber_FoxmightyspritePlumbobi 12 votes
Salvaged & Sewn-Together
3%
EmmaVaneEnkiSchmidtHavenRose 3 votes
Vivid Colors & Bright Patterns
7%
crocobauraTheSpotted_CChampandGirlieHarukotyanamber_ilumireAaleyn 6 votes
Other
8%
GalacticGalsimgirl1010cyncieOldeseadoggeDaWaterRatCatzillaVeeDub 7 votes

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Other
    I'd love to have fashions from the 40s and 50s.

3GmqEFc.png

IAleImz.png
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Tattered Rags & Chipped
    We have so many nice items/clothes in game. I would love to see some stuff a little more beat up. We have a few things spread across a few packs, but I wouldn't mind a few more dirty items, stains and cracks for more variety.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2022
    Tattered Rags & Chipped
    I need my tattered rags please😩
    Ecoliving only touched on beat up furniture but it was like a joke. I need ripped up slashed up old beat up and ran over by a tractor furniture. And clothes that was buried for a few hundred years then torn by the zombies (that we don't have😆).
    Gothic spooky and c.y.b.e.r.p.u.n.k is on my list too!!
    I mean that's my top want as crazy as it sounds but everything else you listed sounds good too. Medieval, fantasy, high fashion model, olden days for back in time play, steam punk, 18th century, etc. we need it all!
    I honestly feel these kits are not niche enough. I really expected them to be "more" niche lol.
    I think the modder named thesense4, her Tumblr is a perfect example of great medieval stuff.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Plain & Simple
    I have always liked when I can relate to things in games with things in real life. When I am recognizing something in how it looks and how it's used is when I am having fun creating things.

That's why plain & simple everyday clothing have always worked for me and is what I prefer. There are a lot of designs that I feel that Maxis have not explored. I keep using everyday clothing from the base game because I want normal looking jackets, pants and shirts.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited January 2022
    Gothic & Spooky
    I just chose this because well for me you can't really go wrong with gothic and spooky unless it simply isnt gothic and spooky enough :lol: or the kit too dang small

I would however like to see kits on actual furniture/ architecture styles with build/buy kits

and/or something strange and occulty/fantasy is always yes please

and/or related to specific historical era/decade with unique style

and/or related to like alternative clothing styles like say punk kit or something

and/or related to sims lifestages like baby clothes kit or something idk depends if they ever release those evil spawns from their cribs

basically what im trying to say is im tired of the ikea utopia where entrepreunial young adult sims dress in gardigans live in suburbs decorate their home with rectangles and pretend to have culture

heck how about we have hobbit build kit with round hobbit doors and windows and overgrown grass roofs and additional fantasy items wouldnt that be more fun
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    Vivid Colors & Bright Patterns
    We have a lot of muted and neutral colors, especially for guys but just across the board. I want all of the bright color and patterns.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    Plain & Simple
    logion wrote: »
    I have always liked when I can relate to things in games with things in real life. When I am recognizing something in how it looks and how it's used is when I am having fun creating things.

That's why plain & simple everyday clothing have always worked for me and is what I prefer. There are a lot of designs that I feel that Maxis have not explored. I keep using everyday clothing from the base game because I want normal looking jackets, pants and shirts.

This.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    Majestic & Medieval
    I would like medieval clothes, both decorated and plain and simple. But, also want more plain and simple modern clothes for males sims.
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,552 Member
    edited January 2022
    Other
    I’ll basically take anything that’s not cropped, covered in fishnet/sequins, isn’t Instagram ready,doesn’t have a designer or “influencer” attached, or is something Kim Kardashian wouldn’t be caught dead in.
    Post edited by cyncie on
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Other
    All of the above?

There are certain areas that I do feel are underrepresented, (Goth, Period-inspired, Basics) and some I feel are overrepresented (crop tops, Cozy.) And while I'll generally take color over neutrals because I love color, color needs to be paired with Neutrals to really pop, so I want both. I'll easily dress a sim in something other than my aesthetic if I think it's different, so I want lots of options for all the aesthetics, rather than reusing the same 3-4 pieces all the time.

Basically, I just want more options. Even if it means I'm taking forever to scroll through CAS to find what I'm looking for.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited January 2022
    Plain & Simple
    I'm torn between plain & simple and wacky & fun, but I chose the first one because that's how my Sims mostly are. I love wacky and fun things, but I have to be honest, I have more use for plain and simple stuff.
    Kind of hard to admit that I'm boring. :|

I agree with @simgirl1010.
    I also love 40's and 50's style. I'd love to have vintage clothes from those days.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Plain & Simple
    Give me plain and simple with natural normal colors not all these rainbows and watermelons everything in horrible unusable colors and patterns and skintight, can men actually get some masculine clothing. Seriously they need to hire some new people on their CAS team whoever is in charge of clothing has one style and they like everything ugly.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    edited January 2022
    Plain & Simple
    Fyi, the German roadmap said there'll be 2 CAS Kits, so no furniture.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Gothic & Spooky
    I'm with Simmingal, more supernatural please. :)

I also would love a gothic Victorian pack, either goth or steam punk would be lovely. That style would be great in a town like Strangerville!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Other
    Would like to see Victorian and Regency, both of which would help give a classy, elegant, old-fashioned feel. Victorian links to gothic/vampire/steampunk for those who like that, and also to Wild West. Regency supports early American even late colonial for those in the USA.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2022
    Salvaged & Sewn-Together
    I'd also love some super squishy/comfy looking sofas/living chairs and more geometric patterns/designs in wallpaper, furniture and architectural pieces.

Also, we could really do with more ceiling décor (mouldings, murals, beams etc) and ceiling paint.

And carpets. More colours and few more basic textures (nubby, ridged, deep shagpile etc) of carpet.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Other
    I'd like to see a mixture of these poll choices: Plain & Simple, Gothic & Spooky, Vivid Colors & Bright Patterns. Everything is subjective, of course, but some fairly straightforward categories like these would be harder to get wrong. Then again, maybe everyone else has different ideas from me as to what those categories mean. :cold_sweat: But ideas to satisfy many people in one go would seem way, way harder to get right under the flags of "Fierce & High Fashion" or "Wacky & Fun" for example. Those kinds of things always seem far more subjective to a larger variety people. And I feel like we've already got enough country-ish and raggedy-type styles. More than I'll personally ever use, anyway. :tongue: Oh, and I have nothing against historical type items, but I have no wish to buy them, either.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Other
    By fierce I hope they mean punk/rock/goth type edgy stuff. I'm tired of beige Ikea looking stuff and hippie, country kitch styles. I'm also tired of ratty, chipped and raggedy. Still waiting for more men's clothes for male sims and long pants for all sims but esp male sims.

• ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Catzilla wrote: »
    By fierce I hope they mean punk/rock/goth type edgy stuff. I'm tired of beige Ikea looking stuff and hippie, country kitch styles. I'm also tired of ratty, chipped and raggedy. Still waiting for more men's clothes for male sims and long pants for all sims but esp male sims.

I feel like fierce is just a politically correct way of saying queer.. it’s giving homophobe that so many people are kicking off about the one queer themed kit of alllll the previous dlc released.

I agree tho, there’s plenty of mundane stuff already in game, I don’t know why people are crying out like it’s a neglected category smh
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Wacky & Fun

3GmqEFc.png

IAleImz.png

I would definitely buy this pack!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Other
    ddd994 wrote: »
    I feel like fierce is just a politically correct way of saying queer.. it’s giving 🐲🐲🐲🐲 that so many people are kicking off about the one queer themed kit of alllll the previous dlc released.

I agree tho, there’s plenty of mundane stuff already in game, I don’t know why people are crying out like it’s a neglected category smh

I think you're right that the fierce in this case does mean queer, which is perfectly fine, but I'm still hoping for a punk rock and long pants kind of fierce one day. lol
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Country & Old Fashioned
    I want some prairie clothes!

01-little-women.jpg
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Plain & Simple
    ddd994 wrote: »
    Catzilla wrote: »

I feel like fierce is just a politically correct way of saying queer.. it’s giving 🐲🐲🐲🐲 that so many people are kicking off about the one queer themed kit of alllll the previous dlc released.

@ddd994 I've never heard the word fierce used as if it means queer. I'm pretty sure it means like cool, edgy, glamorous, sassy, extremely confident and bold. I always think of high fashion celebrity culture and runway models, lavish parties, and Beyonce's altar ego Sasha Fierce lol. @Catzilla Punk rock clothes seem more gothic to me than fierce but I didn't think of that one tbh sorry.
  • barracuda1574barracuda1574 Posts: 115 Member
    Plain & Simple

3GmqEFc.png

IAleImz.png

I would love this!
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    Plain & Simple
    I would love plain and simple clothes that I could easily mix and match. Especially for toddlers and kids.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24