Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disneyland or Batuu?

AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
I’d love to take my sims and their simkids to Disneyland - Not Batuu… ^^’
I want them to be able to hold fun foil-balloons in their hands - not laser swords… I want them to go on super detailed rides/attractions and eat cotton candy. And I want to be able to change the menus after different seasons.

I want my sims to stay at unique hotels with restaurants, souvenir shops, spas, pools and room service menus. (= Several different lot-types on one single lot!).

I want to create unique themed foods for different restaurants. Also unique-looking (and in-game tasting) milkshakes, ice creams and other treats. I want to be able to make all this and much more without going through the trouble of modding. So what we need is simplified tools provided by EA. Like for example: ”Create a Dish”, ”Create a Treat”, ”Create a Drink”, ”Create a Sign”, ”Create a Plushie”, ”Create an Ornament” and so on. Maybe we could even share our creations at the Gallery?

I really want to buy these Creative Tools in the future instead of Kits. How about you?

I want parks without chess boards and grills. I want to crossbreed tulips to get new interesting colour variations. I want less same-same-saaame clothes, shoes & furniture and more creative tools, superfun gameplay and new lots with some unique wow-factor to visit. When I create a shop I don’t want to sell/buy the same things over and over - It would be superfun to be able to create more unique stuff to buy and sell, don’t you think?

^^ I want to play this game so much - and all I can hope for is TS5… This is some of the things I want in my future sims-game - What do you want in your perfect TS5-game?

Post edited by AlpineCuriosity on

Comments

• Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    I would have much preferred a theme park based on Disney instead of that Star Wars mess. Do you know how many people would have loved that? I'm still hoping in the future we get some sort of them park pack and I want it to be EP or at the very least a GP.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    to answer title: neither

I would rather sims has its own worlds
    like it used to.

if its amusement park we seek they could bring back magic town from ts1 and improve upon it instead
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
    Walt Disney Magic Kingdom DLC for Minecraft made me wonder… ^^’ Why can’t we have something like thaaaat for our sims in the future 😃 I can only image how awesome it would be - to have a huge amusement park to visit with our own sims-families….^^ Awww - I’d love that so much 💙
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    A theme park pack would have been so much better than Star Wars trash. Though I would prefer a Sims themed park pack and not Disney as I end up hating everything Disney gets their hands on as a long time Marvel fan it's been the worst since Disney.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    I'm not sure why it has to be one or the other. You can want one without contrasting it with the other. I quite like the Batuu set, though I agree it doesn't feed into my overall gameplay like most other sets do.
  • AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
    edited January 2022
    I'm not sure why it has to be one or the other. You can want one without contrasting it with the other. I quite like the Batuu set, though I agree it doesn't feed into my overall gameplay like most other sets do.

^^’ You’re right! I just meant that for me personally, Star Wars-characters in TS4 would’ve made a lot more sense - if they would’ve been actors at an amusement park (as they are at Disneyland) taking pictures together with our sims, walking in parades and so on… 😄🎡🎢🎠

I just felt today, when I ”went to” Disneyland in Minecraft (Switch) that I recognized so much! It was all there! (Well almost… ^^’) And all I could talk about with my friends was how cool it would be if we someday could have a Disneyland-EP for TS5 😃😍😄

So it was never my intention in any way to criticize simmers that enjoy Batuu! 💙 Sorry if it came across that way. I just personally much rather prefer meeting Star Wars-characters at an amusement park than in a another solar system… And I do want attractions/rides for my sims rather than real spaceships… But once again - maybe that’s just me… ^^’

What Minecraft really made me realize also was how much fun it was to explore a place in-game that you actually been to irl! 😃 We went everywhere ”at Disneyland” with our Minecraft-characters - and I just think it’s a huge missed opportunity if we’re not able to create something similar - in TS5 at least.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I don't want any real life corporations in the game. None.
  • CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    > @PlayerSinger2010 said:
    > I don't want any real life corporations in the game. None.

Y'know, I've always had a sneaking suspicion that if the Sims 4 featured a pack that was a shout-out to Star Wars without literally being based on Star Wars, it would've been better received. (I mean, Realm of Magic has Harry Potter references, and Strangerville is one big Stranger Things shout-out, and those packs don't get as much hate.)

Fun fact: I've gotten some enjoyment out of Journey to Batuu, since I love lightsabers and being able to add to my Sci-Fi themed lots, but I think Batuu itself kinda sucks. (I usually scratch my lightsaber itch with the hiddenobjects cheat and a mod that removes the "collectables" flag.)
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Cybersbe wrote: »
    > @PlayerSinger2010 said:
    > I don't want any real life corporations in the game. None.

Y'know, I've always had a sneaking suspicion that if the Sims 4 featured a pack that was a shout-out to Star Wars without literally being based on Star Wars, it would've been better received. (I mean, Realm of Magic has Harry Potter references, and Strangerville is one big Stranger Things shout-out, and those packs don't get as much hate.)

Fun fact: I've gotten some enjoyment out of Journey to Batuu, since I love lightsabers and being able to add to my Sci-Fi themed lots, but I think Batuu itself kinda sucks. (I usually scratch my lightsaber itch with the hiddenobjects cheat and a mod that removes the "collectables" flag.)

You might be right about the reception. I happen to love Star Wars stuff, but I prefer things in Sims 4 not to be based directly on real stuff -- or in the case of Journey to Batuu, fictional stuff from real-life (non-Sims) media. I have no problem with things in the game if they're simply inspired by or with references to other media or real-life things, people, or places, though. Just not so on-the-nose as Batuu seems to have been done. That said, I do enjoy JtB a lot, but I don't play it as anything from the Star Wars franchise. I re-imagine it as my own fictional setting, in which I can create my own stories with my own rules.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited January 2022
    I would prefer not to have either Disneyland or the Batuu theme park in my game. I play with Batuu as a real place in my game.
    Post edited by Rouensims on
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I like Disney, but I want Werewolves even More, :)

• temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Journey to Batuu is the Disney Pack, it's just wearing Star Wars as a dressing.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I would love a Disney Princesses/Prince Pack instead of a Disneyland Park Pack. ;)
  • dominoes007dominoes007 Posts: 21 Member
    I nearly came in here to say that I would run all the way from London to the Sims headquarters to get a Disneyland pack. But the more I think about it, the more horrific that sounds.
    With that said, I'd still do that run for a funfair/theme park pack...
  • aurorabeamaurorabeam Posts: 15 Member
    Like someone mentioned above, I would love to see a theme park in The Sims, but rather a Sims-inspired theme park instead of a Disney one.
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    I'd like to have a theme park in The Sims, but definitely not a Disney one (or any other famous franchise).
    Something like what we had in Sims 1 would be nice.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited January 2022
    Disneyland probably. Or at least a world that is not as restricted as Batuu was. The Sims4 is good at building lots, building relationships and creating sims...I could not do any of that in Batuu. But there was some fun interactions even though they got repetitive very quickly.

So that's what I would like for The Sims4, and The Sims5. More creative freedom, variety and gameplay.

Let me build and play my in my own Disneyland.
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I love the Star Wars pack, but a Disney pack would be fun too, especially since I created a Disney mermaid, Ariel, for Sulani. It would be fun to send her home lol.

• The_Black_KnightThe_Black_Knight Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm not against the idea of an amusement park like Disneyland but I'd prefer if they'd just make it easier for the community to create their own content. The problem you're going to run into with anything like Disney is getting the ability to use their name. It'd probably just be easier for them to create their own Sim version of an amusement park. So again, if they'd put out a creation kit and give the community the ability to create an amusement park complete with food, souvenirs, mascots, rides, themes, etc. Then allow us to share them with each other we can then select what we'd like for our sim world. It'd be better than a hit or miss system like Batuu. Some love it and others hate it. Just my opinion though.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I'm not against the idea of an amusement park like Disneyland but I'd prefer if they'd just make it easier for the community to create their own content. The problem you're going to run into with anything like Disney is getting the ability to use their name. It'd probably just be easier for them to create their own Sim version of an amusement park. So again, if they'd put out a creation kit and give the community the ability to create an amusement park complete with food, souvenirs, mascots, rides, themes, etc. Then allow us to share them with each other we can then select what we'd like for our sim world. It'd be better than a hit or miss system like Batuu. Some love it and others hate it. Just my opinion though.

The ability to create and share our own things would be pretty cool. I'd probably never personally want an amusement park, though; I don't much like them in real life, either. :lol: But it would be awesome to have the opportunity for everyone to make what they want to have, whether or not we'd be able to share them with others.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • The_Black_KnightThe_Black_Knight Posts: 9 New Member
    > @VeeDub said:
    > The ability to create and share our own things would be pretty cool. I'd probably never personally want an amusement park, though; I don't much like them in real life, either. :lol: But it would be awesome to have the opportunity for everyone to make what they want to have, whether or not we'd be able to share them with others.

That's why I'd prefer I creation kit to an expansion. Whatever option gives the player the ability to change the world to fit their desires would (in my opinion) be a better.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Disney.