Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding Pack Coming?

Comments

• 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited January 2022
    Remember the caveat. Let the buyer beware. Just because a pack is released doesn't mean anyone has to purchase it immediately. Having said that, I do think a lot of simmers are going to grab this pack on day one. If only because it's been 6 months since a pack release.

Except for modders who are in a way forced to purchase quickly so as to be able to provide other players with the required mod updates. I actually even purchased packs I would probably not have bought to be able to do that. I refused to buy some of them though if I really wasn't into the theme at all (looking at you, Batuu).

But yes, generally speaking, you are absolutely right. Especially with your predictions that a lot of players will buy the next GP quickly because they have been waiting so long for a new pack.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited January 2022
    Remember the caveat. Let the buyer beware. Just because a pack is released doesn't mean anyone has to purchase it immediately. Having said that, I do think a lot of simmers are going to grab this pack on day one. If only because it's been 6 months since a pack release.

if only because ive been waiting for anything romance for 7 years or so :bawling:

if it adds to romance the fate of my wallet has already been decided
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited January 2022
    No one but me has noticed the heart shaped sunglasses and red sequend female top in the Carnival Kit is pointing towards this Gamepack being a Romance Pack.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

I wish they'd drop the trailer this week. I'm tired of waiting for info.

me to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • VyollaVyolla Posts: 77 Member
    edited January 2022
    Okay... I'm gonna take a guess that they release the trailer on Tuesday the 1st; and the Game-Pack releases on the 8th of February..... surely...a pack about love will release before February 14th.... right..? Hmm.🤔🤞 Please, Ea.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I've been waiting several years for a wedding pack because the weddings have been fairly repetitive. I have interest though I don't know the exact timing on my end. I have to replace my gaming computer and have a lot going on but I will be glad to see an update. I hope it will appeal to me.

I would like different more detailed ways to customize events, better wedding attire, different types of ceremonies, honeymoons and the ability to have unexpected surprises. I have made use of venues in the various worlds but think this is overdue. Romance as a whole has needed an overhaul so maybe we'll finally see that along with new animations. So, hopefully we'll see love/wedding gameplay as well as the updates of Cas/BB that are expected.

I'd also like it if there are celebrations for anniversaries as well but might figure out how to do that anyway. I do want to see different styles and the ability to customize colors, roles for the bridal party, traditions and interactions of different types. Those would include more customized romance for the marrying couple, obviously but also reactions among friends and family and more detail around finding love. Yes, I'd be interested in chemistry and surprises but would want the ability to designate certain couples as monogamously in love. I may think of more but it's generally a theme I look forward to.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    crocobaura wrote: »
    What if it's not weddings, but something else related to love?
    If it’s a general romance with a bit of wedding stuff thrown in, that’d be great, too! 🙂👍

I think there will be some sort of wedding-related ceremony/party stuff because there are hints like, “Say, ‘I do’”, “Party of Love”, the tiered cake (which looks like a wedding or tall party cake of some type), and the wedding rings….

Edited to add:
    Maaaaaybe to stretch it, the most furtherest away from just a wedding pack could be celebrating engagement or bachelor/bachelorette’s parties, and maaaaaybe adding honeymoons…?
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I've been waiting several years for a wedding pack because the weddings have been fairly repetitive. I have interest though I don't know the exact timing on my end. I have to replace my gaming computer and have a lot going on but I will be glad to see an update. I hope it will appeal to me.

I would like different more detailed ways to customize events, better wedding attire, different types of ceremonies, honeymoons and the ability to have unexpected surprises. I have made use of venues in the various worlds but think this is overdue. Romance as a whole has needed an overhaul so maybe we'll finally see that along with new animations. So, hopefully we'll see love/wedding gameplay as well as the updates of Cas/BB that are expected.

I'd also like it if there are celebrations for anniversaries as well but might figure out how to do that anyway. I do want to see different styles and the ability to customize colors, roles for the bridal party, traditions and interactions of different types. Those would include more customized romance for the marrying couple, obviously but also reactions among friends and family and more detail around finding love. Yes, I'd be interested in chemistry and surprises but would want the ability to designate certain couples as monogamously in love. I may think of more but it's generally a theme I look forward to.

I too would love to see more customization options of wedding ceremonies, traditions, interactions and honeymoons, yes! Would love to see more romance aspects. I think many simmers (who love romance for their sims) would love more romance options! :smile:

I really wish they would announce this pack very soon! :open_mouth:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    Vyolla wrote: »
    Okay... I'm gonna take a guess that they release the trailer on Tuesday the 1st; and the Game-Pack releases on the 8th of February..... surely...a pack about love will release before February 14th.... right..? Hmm.🤔🤞 Please, Ea.

That's what I'm guessing too and if that's the case we'll get the Pre Gamepack Patch Thursday the same day the Kit releases.
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    There's a wedding cake and rings in the teaser, it's obviously a wedding pack I hope its generations kind of wedding pack with bachelor parties and teens parties, attraction system can be added a plus but this is EA so I doubt it'll probably focus on weddings..
  • KhaztheKhazthe Posts: 17 Member
    They never launch a new pack during sales and I think I read around here something about a hint regarding zodiac signs/an attraction system so it make sense they wait until around Valentine's Day.
    They might still announce the pack before February 8th, just not release it. They could very well still release the Wedding GP on Valentine's Day.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    I don't think there will be news before the kit is out at least
    then i also don't think there will be news before sale ends

top guess is that they either announce 8th livestream on friday and then release exactly 14th
    or they rather aim for sometime between valentines and white day
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    What is white day?
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    What is white day?

IIRC it's the 14th of March, a month after Valentine's, and is celebrated in Japan (and maybe other places). Per tradition, women give men chocolates on Valentine's day, and men give women chocolates on white day. (And it happens with a sense of, giving chocolates to all the men in your office, or what have you, and if you don't like them much you just give 'obligation chocolates', low-grade assortments)
  • KhaztheKhazthe Posts: 17 Member
    Yes, they will probably announce it before February 8th so if it releases on Valentine's Day, a week will be left so maybe GameChangers can try it
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    What is white day?

IIRC it's the 14th of March, a month after Valentine's, and is celebrated in Japan (and maybe other places). Per tradition, women give men chocolates on Valentine's day, and men give women chocolates on white day. (And it happens with a sense of, giving chocolates to all the men in your office, or what have you, and if you don't like them much you just give 'obligation chocolates', low-grade assortments)

Lol. 😄
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    What is white day?

Lol. 😄

😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    So let's just hope EA will not have to get 'obligation chocolates' from the players because of the new GP. ;)
  • MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Oh, right!! I did not realize the sale is still ongoing. I feel like they won't announce the game pack before it ends.
    If they announce it after the sale it's highly unlikely though that we will get it on Valentine's Day. That's less than a week, which is definately too short for a GP.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    If they announce it after the sale it's highly unlikely though that we will get it on Valentine's Day. That's less than a week, which is definately too short for a GP.
    What you mean?
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I don't think there will be news before the kit is out at least
    then i also don't think there will be news before sale ends

top guess is that they either announce 8th livestream on friday and then release exactly 14th
    or they rather aim for sometime between valentines and white day

VDay is on a Monday so it would be Tuesday the 15th.