Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help, please: Gallery house/lot with some unusual placements? Is this a build cheat thing?

LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
Hello! :smile:
I've downloaded some great-looking stuff from the gallery, especially with some packs-specific content BB items, but there is one house I am struggling with because the items (and some areas built?) are kind of in weird places and would not go back to their spots if I picked the item up or moved it somewhere.

I think I heard that some folks use something like a bb cheat in build to make some items get in some unusual positions or stack up?
Is there a way to disable/enable that?

I am much more about practical use. I don't care for too much unplayable/unusable clutter taking up space on a lot of surfaces, and I want most items to be usable and functional for my sims, and I want my sims to be able to move around without complaining about something in their way.

Is there a way to enable/disable this function? Or should I delete items and then re-buy them to place them in a more better position that doesn't obstruct my sims' paths?
~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
(She/her)

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    bb.moveobjects on lets you move and place things completely freely (hold alt while placing to avoid snapping).

For height changes, The 9 and 0 number keys move things up and down when bb.moveobjects is on.

Once things are in place using those, they stay there unless you move/delete them or, if they are on a surface, move/delete the surface. So if there's stuff you want moved you need to do it item by item.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    bb.moveobjects on lets you move and place things completely freely (hold alt while placing to avoid snapping).

For height changes, The 9 and 0 number keys move things up and down when bb.moveobjects is on.

Once things are in place using those, they stay there unless you move/delete them or, if they are on a surface, move/delete the surface. So if there's stuff you want moved you need to do it item by item.

Ah, I see. So it's a build cheat of some sort. Do I open the cheat bar and type "bb.moveojbects enabled" or something similar, then?
    (She/her)
    edited January 2022
    Yep. To turn it on you type "bb.moveobjects on" and to turn it off you type "bb.moveobjects off" (without the quotation marks in both cases and the only space being before the words "on" and "off").

Things placed with it on will stay in place even once you turn it off, as I said above. And you don't need to turn it on to move them to normal placement locations. Just grab them and move them without it being on. Though, if they were raised or lowered with the 9 and 0 keys, you may need to turn it on just to lower them to the ground level if they aren't something that "snaps" automatically to the correct level.

Oh..and if you do need to turn it on, don't forget to turn it back off. I use the gallery a lot and regularly have to fix these kinds of things to make a lot playable....I also almost always forget to turn it back off until I'm doing my own thing and notice I can put things inside walls and whatnot. *sigh*
    Yep. To turn it on you type "bb.moveobjects on" and to turn it off you type "bb.moveobjects off" (without the quotation marks in both cases and the only space being before the words "on" and "off").

Things placed with it on will stay in place even once you turn it off, as I said above. And you don't need to turn it on to move them to normal placement locations. Just grab them and move them without it being on. Though, if they were raised or lowered with the 9 and 0 keys, you may need to turn it on just to lower them to the ground level if they aren't something that "snaps" automatically to the correct level.

Oh..and if you do need to turn it on, don't forget to turn it back off. I use the gallery a lot and regularly have to fix these kinds of things to make a lot playable....I also almost always forget to turn it back off until I'm doing my own thing and notice I can put things inside walls and whatnot. *sigh*

Oh, I see! Thank you so very much for the details! :smiley:
    I will definitely have to play around and re-arrange some stuff in one of my houses (that I downloaded from the gallery), because one of my sim couples could not get into their bathtubs to give their toddler a bath for a long time for some reason, and it may have been a few arranged items or weirdly placed clutter. (I ended up deleting some of the items and clutter to make room for the sims to enter the bathroom.) I also noticed a few of the walls and some clutter or items are not in a usual "snapped" spot, so I think this build cheat was used for part of the house...

Now that I know the cheat, hopefully I can re-rearrange some stuff, hehe! :smile:
    (She/her)
    I have one of my households in a house that had a lot of similiar problems. SO much of the house was built with bb.moveobjects on.

Even after I got all of the routing issues fixed (or so I thought) a new one can still crop up now and again. They've been in the house for over 13 sim weeks now and just this morning I had one of them get stuck in the bathroom. For some reason the bathroom door, which hadn't been a problem all this time, was no longer useable by the Sim inside the bathroom.

When I went into build mode to fix it I discovered that it had been centered on the wall with bb.moveobjects and wasn't at a grid snap point. Why it had been working fine until today, I have no idea.
    I have one of my households in a house that had a lot of similiar problems. SO much of the house was built with bb.moveobjects on.

Even after I got all of the routing issues fixed (or so I thought) a new one can still crop up now and again. They've been in the house for over 13 sim weeks now and just this morning I had one of them get stuck in the bathroom. For some reason the bathroom door, which hadn't been a problem all this time, was no longer useable by the Sim inside the bathroom.

When I went into build mode to fix it I discovered that it had been centered on the wall with bb.moveobjects and wasn't at a grid snap point. Why it had been working fine until today, I have no idea.

Oh, that happened to my sims using the bathroom, too! They were fine getting into the room and then using the tub and giving the toddler a bath in it, but a few days later, all of a sudden, they started complaining about their pathing. I wonder if the objects are trying to click back into place and then get errors or the AI code starts noticing and getting errors?

I have to double check to see if they can reach the high stairs that lead to their attic where the spellcaster’s big RoM-cauldron is located in…
    (She/her)
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    It used to be it would delete items placed with the move objects cheat. As recently as last year, they changed it so that it just warns the player some items were placed with the move objects cheat, and does not delete them. I have not had any issues, but then I use that cheat when I build to place some objects like you would see it IRL. I personally have not had issues, but I also play in my own builds.