Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New 2022 Sims 4 Roadmap

Comments

• DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,142 Member
    I love weddings. My youngest son is getting married in April and I'm so excited. Been practicing my Cha Cha Slide and Wobble. 😄 I love a good party. Parties in the game are fun also.

Congratulations to your son and future wife. Wedding can be fun, my own wedding party was a medieval themed party. We had a medival folksong band (which we couldn't have afford anymore years later) in a medival scenery, Met and boar, and late at night even the sky offered us a spectacle with weather lightning. Not a thunderstorm, just lightning bolts in the sky. I guess, that's something what the gamepack can't topped.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2022
    I woke up with this beautiful idea and realized…

We should get a Mariachi band! I don’t know why, but I love - love - love mariachi bands.
    I want werecowboys and horses and mariachi bands.

If this wedding related pack comes with some sort of mariachi band mechanism thingie….I’m sold. I’m in.
    Like those mariachis who play romantic songs at your bistro table (especially annoying when you’re just having lunch with your sister) I’d love those in game! 🪅

And then I could play with a traveling bunch of outlaws who disguise themselves as a mariachi band. Of course they’d be really good musicians. But they’d also be really clever criminals. I’m so ready for this wedding pack.
    Please do the mariachi thing. 🥺

Yesssssssss yesss yesssssssss. They use to sing at my restaurant table when I was in México! It's so amazing to experience it!! Now that I'm in the U.S I'm like why nobody comes sing for me 😔 lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    If we are getting a wedding pack we need bridal suites in hotels, and if I were making it I would include wedding destinations too. My niece got married in South Africa and they went on Safari for their honeymoon. Places like that! We had to sit through all the photos when they got back! I'd make it into an expansion with hotels and apartments included in it, with dating beforehand. How about them choosing a partner through a dating app? That would be up to date.
  • candystormcandystorm Posts: 321 Member
    I'm really hoping for online dating. I loved it in Sims 3. I'm on my 15th generation so I do a lot of weddings in my game, looking forward to the new pack.
    Origin: twinklegalaxy
    Grim-Reaper-Sim.jpg

• NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    edited January 2022
    I hope it comes with a BG update with couple dancing, attraction system and more culturally diverse wedding outfits (dapper tweed tuxedos and kilt tuxedos, Haori+hakama, shiromuku, uchikake, furisodes and tomesodes, sherwani and jodhpur suits, sari, lehenga and mehndi, Phoenix gowns, hanfus and wedding coronets... )
    Post edited by Nushka on
    Happy simming!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    No teaser Today. The Sims team is off for MLK Day so probably Teaser Tomorrow and Trailer on Wednesday.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so negative. There also have been really good Gamepacks. We'll see Soon enough into which category that love themed Gamepack will fall.
    Also, while I didn't like DHD, there are actually players who consider it their favorite Gamepack. So everyone will just have to judge by themselves whether they like it enough to buy it.

Though it is not my favorite game pack, I do like DHD a lot. And it is not so much the career I like ( I have heard it’s bugged ), but I absolutely love the wall units that you can put together anyway you like, and the sofa’s….. I wish they would add more of them with other packs. It is perfect for small houses and apartments! And the little cubes are great for collections. And, if they work out the bugs I would like to try the career too.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,573 Member
    So no teaser tomorrow and probably also no trailer on Thursday. Maybe we're not getting the GP first? We're running out of time and they never announced a pack during an Inside Maxis Stream.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    So no teaser tomorrow and probably also no trailer on Thursday. Maybe we're not getting the GP first? We're running out of time and they never announced a pack during an Inside Maxis Stream.

doesn't mean they cant though
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

Yeah I don't think there will be an announcement this week. I think tomorrow we will get a kit announcement and then an update next week with the kit releasing the week after. Then the game pack could get announced a week after the kit is released or it could get announced in between the kit announcement and the release. I don't know if that is likely to happen. But it seems more likely there will be a release after valentine's day.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

Yeah I don't think there will be an announcement this week. I think tomorrow we will get a kit announcement and then an update next week with the kit releasing the week after. Then the game pack could get announced a week after the kit is released or it could get announced in between the kit announcement and the release. I don't know if that is likely to happen. But it seems more likely there will be a release after valentine's day.
    Oof! 🙁 That would stink if we are not able to get any teaser this week.

Oh, well, it’s only two months. I can wait… Luckily, at least I still have irl schoolwork, Sims 4 packs, and the Twisted Wonderland game release to keep me busy until the pack’s release, lol.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    Nice! Love the specs.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member

NGL, they're pretty tame outfits for Carnival. Though I suppose it's just more acceptable street wear than party wear. :-/
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member

Thanks for the link. Some of the items look better than expected. I like the necklace and the earrings but don't know if I'll pay 5€ just to get two pieces of jewelery
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Even if I would be intesrested in this KIT, when would my Sims wear these kind of clothes. I would not allowe it for school or work, they are not suitable as beachwear (swimming) . As for partywear which for me mostly is used in the disco i Brindenton Bay, I can't really see them used on the dancefloor either. To use them in a Carnaval their need to come some gameplay with the KIT
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Lol, I rarely say anything about my actual life on here but I am getting married this year as well. So, finally getting a wedding pack is very funny. I'm busy in real life with stuff that will probably be in the pack. My sims can mirror my life if I want, very meta.

Actually, it's a major event for a lot of sims characters and while I have adapted several venues for weddings, I'll be interested in seeing what is new as well. Obviously they want weddings to be inclusive. Maybe that's why they've released so many kits.

I'll just add that I do play with themes other than love and romance. Some are just happy families living life. Some travel and go on adventures. Some are all about work and success. Romance is a big deal though and nearly all of the sims run across it eventually. I would like to customize that and keep it from being too repetitive.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
    edited January 2022
    Peral wrote: »
    Even if I would be intesrested in this KIT, when would my Sims wear these kind of clothes. I would not allowe it for school or work, they are not suitable as beachwear (swimming) . As for partywear which for me mostly is used in the disco i Brindenton Bay, I can't really see them used on the dancefloor either. To use them in a Carnaval their need to come some gameplay with the KIT

Where I live, some of those clothing are pretty much beachwear or summerwear down here. (I live in a place where folks go to retire, and “snowbirds” go on their summer vacations to get away from their cold winters.)

I have even see some folks wearing either a mesh or coverup with some skimpy bikini wear while grocery shopping (for real), or going to the bars, shopping around downtown near the beach or sunbathing near beach/pool areas, or dressing up for some types of cosplay conventions, etc. :smile:

Some of these clothing are actually pretty normal, depending on where you live (especially in tropical/beach areas or during parties at beach-cities, etc).
    Post edited by LatinaBunny on
    (She/her)
  • InametaphorInametaphor Posts: 6 New Member
    I’m late to the party, here, but I agree we need some sort of dating edition. It gets very boring stalking the community lots when I don’t want to create a new spouse sim for the one I’m on playing.
    edited January 2022
    The more I look at the kit’s CAS content in the pictures, the more I am starting to want it. :smile:

Now I have this song that I grew up listening to in my head right now, “La Vida Es Un Carnaval” (“Life is a Carnaval”), hehe.

(I would love to insert it into the game, if the game allows us to put custom music…?)

English translation of lyrics:
    https://lyricstranslate.com/en/la-vida-es-un-carnaval-life-carnival.html-0

Audio video of song below:
    https://youtu.be/0nBFWzpWXuM
    (She/her)
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member

I'm a little disappointed there are no masks. :cry: But then I guess it's for the best as the NPC Sims would just wear the masks to work probably. The jewelry looks really nice. I also like the women's dresses, especially the long dress. I like those types of side skirts that came with the Sulani pack. I like the braided cord wrapping around the other short dress, not sure if it's a belt in this one, but I found a few CC dresses like that and I really like them. I always want more jean shorts and it looks like there is a pair. I really like the white lace skirt. The white men's shorts look promising depending on the other colours. I'd really like more shorts for male Sims. I'm definitely going to pick up this kit at some point. I wish we had more medium length round cut nails with patterns as there are quite a lot that are long, pointy or square in the game already.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    Looking at the assets on their own without the hype Art, I see more that I like and can use. I can see most of this in a beach setting or as additions to Island Living. It’s still not Carnaval enough for my fantasy play, but it’s not bad, either.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Thanks for the Celia @LatinaBunny <3

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Kit gets a big yawn. Comes across as largely recolours/tinkering with what we already have.