Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Way Of Creating Characters?

2...Next

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member

Before I begin with this post – please note that the information mentioned in this article is official and talks about new technology developed by Electronic Arts. However, none of the information assures that the technology is fully developed and fully functional. As far as we know these could be just concepts that haven’t been fully developed.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Well, this is interesting. Some of us oldies have been requesting Maxis add back the game feature to use real images for Sims creation since The Sims ended. It was extremely helpful when wanting to add celebs to our games. Or maybe someone in your family. But this just cements to me that TS5 will use avatars and be multiplayer.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member

Before I begin with this post – please note that the information mentioned in this article is official and talks about new technology developed by Electronic Arts. However, none of the information assures that the technology is fully developed and fully functional. As far as we know these could be just concepts that haven’t been fully developed.

Interesting technology, I can't imagine that they would use this for anything else but a sims or a sim city game.

It remains to be seen if they will actually use the patents.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    logion wrote: »

Interesting technology, I can't imagine that they would use this for anything else but a sims or a sim city game.

It remains to be seen if they will actually use the patents.

EA is known for running to get a patent when they know of other companies creating something they haven't quite finished in development or wished they had first.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited December 2021
    @AyKooChao wrote: »
    @LeGardePourpre What new face details?

"So we have concepted new face features such as eye details, new cheek bones, and a new nose and mouth."

"we added some new facial features on the nose and mouth, and other facial details like the beauty marks."

https://simsvip.com/2021/11/23/the-sims-4-first-look-at-the-npc-overhaul/
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I’m really excited by this! I loved creating people the way they described in TS1, and making or downloading Sims that look like real people is one of my favorite Simming activities!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited December 2021

Wow!!! 😱😱😱😱😱 do you think this would be for sims 4? Would love it for this game...
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    This sounds great! I suspect it will be for TS5. I wonder how many photos we’ll need to import for the system to create each sim. Would we need to import a front, back, side and 3/4 view for each head to be mapped onto the generic mesh head and then tweak it to our liking? Can’t wait to learn more.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Pretty sure this will be for sims 5.

I use a lot of photos for references when creating sims so I would find this feature pretty useful. I find it odd that most people seem to think about creating their sim selves with this feature. But for me it's the opposite because I use a lot of rl references when creating sims.

I also found it weird that people had privacy concerns because 1. using a picture of myself wasn't my first thought and there isnt really anything that said you have to use a picture of yourself, and 2. most phones have facial recognition technology and most people have their pictures on social media so unless you don't use facial recognition or posted a picture of yourself online... ur face is already "out there".
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    If it can work with pictures of TS2/TS3 characters I'm interested by this feature.

True.
    Then I can make Castor Nova coming back
  • RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I think this is really exciting and hope it happens soon.
  • benphoenix19benphoenix19 Posts: 92 Member
    it's interesting to say the least of how they are planning on changing it
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    With this EA will secretly sell all your faces to face recognition software developers, ultimately all your faces will be in governmental databanks.
  • ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    BlueOvale wrote: »
    With this EA will secretly sell all your faces to face recognition software developers, ultimately all your faces will be in governmental databanks.

Yes just like the previous 10 years challenge and age guessing in social media
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    edited January 2022
    I like the idea, but it's a bit worrying at the same time. Sounds like this "facial recognition" technology some software use. It can be used to profile the user, without their knowledge. A bit like what Microsoft, Facebook and others do (as if they weren't already spying a lot on people - it's all ultimately linked to government agencies).
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    edited January 2022
    You could grab a screen capture from that website "thispersondoesnotexist.com" (yes, it's a real thing, it was launched a couple of years ago to demonstrate AI photo manipulations using a GAN = generative adversarial network). Plenty of inspiration there!
    The twitter feed links to this article: https://simscommunity.info/2021/12/18/ea-publishes-patents-for-revolutionary-creation-tools-possibly-for-the-sims/
    The paper linked above has some really interesting techniques in it. Great article.
    Post edited by StuffyMarx on
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited January 2022
    I begin to think this technology won't be available for the players.

It could be a way to create NFT for The Sims, popular people selling a limited number of their simselves.