Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Venues of Fun??

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited January 2022
    ImDragone wrote: »
    > @Stormkeep said:
    > You're very wrong about that. I don't download anything which has CC and I have a TON of gallery downloads.
    >
    > You're clearly thinking of TS3, not TS4.

The Sims 4's exchange is like I said. It's buried 6' under custom content and mods that are flooding the search engines when you specify not to see any custom content.

There is no TS4 exchange in relation to the official gallery tho? :*

CC sims never show up unless the box is ticked. Even then it doesn't download CC whatever those sims have or else they show up balder than the day they were born. If you don't have said CC already predownloaded for these sims they don't show up with it so it'll default to them in their underwear or Maxis Match clothing for some. Best you can see is Custom poses in the gallery without the box being ticked.

But I digress, this has nothing in relation to op's original topic as you don't need to download stuff to have some unique lots for your sims. :smile:
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,383 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »

Nice pool area for all sims ages down to toddlers to beable to enjoy in the summer with things like the sprinkler and kiddie pool and slip n' slides.

I also have a big community pool in Oasis Springs, and it's lovely looking, but it seems to attract mostly kids. Would have been nice to attract a bigger variety of sims of different ages so older sims could have someone to socialize and flirt with.

• Options
    theemaskedsimmertheemaskedsimmer Posts: 63 Member
    Looks like I have a lot of updating to do! You guys all have such wonderful ideas!
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,035 Member
    I have built a playland with indoor playground, café (for adults), arcade, gaming, ping pong, foosball and an indoor skating rink so that the entire family can enjoy it. I even added some things for toddlers. Brilliant when you want to activate the entire family. Other indoor activities for my family includes cinemas, libraries (I add kids' sections with toys, science tables and story areas for kids).

In addition to that I have several parks with things for the family. I tend to add more playground equipment, a sandbox for the toddlers, some sort of activity for teens and adults and in Oasis Springs a pool, a kiddie pool and some lounge chairs. That way the entire family can enjoy themselves there as well as pick up skills.

I also take my families to the beach a lot in the summer, and to ski/snowboard in the winter. And of course for teens-elders I have all the usual places (restaurants, bars, cafés, lounge, nightclubs, spa, gym...)

If you are interested you can see most of my builds in the gallery under the id JesLet40.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    oh man, i have so many restaurants and museums it's not even funny...

got a bunch of community lots of all types, many are vastly updated versions of premade lots, though plenty of others are just something totally new. and i try to have a variety of things for different types of sims to enjoy in them
    while a few of the lots are things i designed myself, i tend to grab things that pique my interest off the gallery and then spend ages tweaking them to suit my tastes (or those of the sims i intend to spend a lot of time there)

gonna do spoilers per world just because lots of text (no pics yet)

willow creek
    has a community center (eco living) set to community greenhouse mode, a revamped blue velvet lounge (definitely still all about the new orleans jazz feel), a pan-asian restaurant (when get room elsewhere i'll remove the indian dishes from this and make a pure indian restaurant) and one of my libraries (with a second floor devoted to arts and crafts)
    the central park was redesigned to include swings, voidcritter battle stations, a puppet theatre and some other kid stuff, a whole area set aside for toddlers and their nannies, pet dishes and an outdoors yoga instruction area beneath some trees. also a tent set up with a nearby cooler for the erratic sims who always hang out at the parks with nothing to do

oasis springs
    has a fire-themed nightclub, a very much modernized solar flare lounge (with a top floor room reserved for one of my criminal clubs, mobwives, led by nancy landgraab),a bowling alley (bar) and arcade that i intend to add a roller rink to and a '50s style diner
    the central park was redesigned to include a waterpark type area, a dog training grounds, sunbathing and even the chemistry kits for kids
    there's also a small park in one of the residential neighborhoods set up for fishing (with debug objects)

newcrest
    only has one non-residential lot, a park in the top-most neighborhood, designed to try and appear as an extension of the off-lot area up there with the jungle gyms and such

magnolia promenade
    is set up as sixam (or maybe new sixam) in my world. it's got a sixam-themed restaurant and retail lot both owned by one of my alien households, and fully staffed with aliens. there's also an intergalactic themed nightclub that is the standard hangout spot of one of my alien clubs (and others go to often) as well as a sixam-themed museum showing off all the space collectibles and more

windenburg
    has the one gym in my game (updated with basketball hoops, a pool, rock climbing machines, a sauna and more), the second, modern library (with a kids/toddlers room), a seafood restaurant, a park designed specifically for toddler playdates, and a cafe that is also an ice skating rink
    old town has a vampire-themed nightclub in a former church (that is a frequent hangout spot of several of my vampires, a bunch of vampire wannabes/fans, and many of my emo or goth sims) as well as a vet office run by one of my vampires
    there's also still an updated version of the shrieking llama pub, though i need to try and fit an actual llama into it now

san myshuno
    has a park in the spice district set up as a festival space, both using the debug festival stage we got a while back and another stage built up for other artists to perform on (can't wait to get bands for this)
    the art quarter's art gallery was updated quite a bit, including photography and paintings from several of my artistic sims
    fashion district's karaeoke room was changed quite a lot to be even more fancy and includes a basement level 'mancave' for my club of young criminals who use the place as their headquarters
    uptown's default gym has become a celebrity-focused vegan restaurant, while one of the penthouse lots is now a water-themed nightclub (with club hangouts on the level below for both my hacker club and the spin masters club)
    the central park is now 'tesla center', a research theme park

brindleton bay
    still has the salty paws saloon (updated), dog-training park (updated) and an unowned vet (a different lot than the default). it also has a pool in the large lot near the docks.there are two museums here, one is a vastly updated nautical history museum the other an 'imaginarium' designed for kids and toddlers to have fun and learn (and host their birthday parties at)

del sol valley
    the two lounges in del sol were very much updated... one is designed entirely around the weekly awards show at it, the other is set up as a movie theater with a performance area downstairs
    there's a high-end spa here with the celebrity lot trait, a small photography retail shop and a high end restaurant i intend to replace with something else in the near future

strangerville'
    the library was redesigned to really be a town hall (complete with secret lab beneath it for those scientists that hang out here) and the bar also got revamped, including an upstairs room used as a hangout for the club of conspiracy theorists

sulani
    both beaches are still there, but heavily worked on. one is kid-friendly, the other set up as clothing optional. the bar also got a ton of work and that small lot away from the water is a community center (library) set up to display and teach about sulani's cultural heritage (also has music, knitting and crocheting classes)
    the waterfront 50x50 is a national park with a boardwalk through a mangrove forest. and the small island near the shipwreck is a museum set up as a marine research center, showcasing various types of fish in different ways as well as having areas studying invasive species. it's where my conservationist club hangs out and 'works'

glimmerbrook
    the bar was replaced with a retail lot that focuses on magical and alchemical items from around the world, including things such as the spirit dolls from komorebi, idols from selvadorada, haunted items from paranormal stuff

britechester
    still has all the same community lots but they all got heavily revamped to include a lot of stuff from other packs

evergreen harbor
    similarly, just has updated versions of the community lots, though each one is focused on one of the versions a community space can change into

komorebi
    the bar was turned into a karaoke bar, the park turned into a teahouse (a restaurant), the onsen got heavily updated and the wintery 50x50 is a park and ice rink

henford-on-bagley
    the topmost residential lot (cordelia's cottage) was turned into a country style wedding venue, the park is mostly untouched (that'll change at some point) and the pub is going through rennovations each time i start the game up until something just clicks for me

for vacation worlds, both granite falls and selvadorada have restaurants. the gf one is country/homestyle cooking, the selvadorada one is central/south american foods (imagine that). all the other lots kept their original venue types but got heavily edited
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    This entire thread is a goldmine of inspiration and great ideas! 🤗 I especially loved the multi-use/multi-age/family-friendly ideas! I could always use more venue ideas for family outings and family or friend clubs. :smile:
    JAL wrote: »
    I have built a playland with indoor playground, café (for adults), arcade, gaming, ping pong, foosball and an indoor skating rink so that the entire family can enjoy it. I even added some things for toddlers. Brilliant when you want to activate the entire family. Other indoor activities for my family includes cinemas, libraries (I add kids' sections with toys, science tables and story areas for kids).

In addition to that I have several parks with things for the family. I tend to add more playground equipment, a sandbox for the toddlers, some sort of activity for teens and adults and in Oasis Springs a pool, a kiddie pool and some lounge chairs. That way the entire family can enjoy themselves there as well as pick up skills.

I also take my families to the beach a lot in the summer, and to ski/snowboard in the winter. And of course for teens-elders I have all the usual places (restaurants, bars, cafés, lounge, nightclubs, spa, gym...)

If you are interested you can see most of my builds in the gallery under the id JesLet40.

That sounds amazing! 😲 I would love more family-friendly venues! 🙂👍 Do your builds require any mods or CC?
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited January 2022
    Different restaurants, for example sea food, vegetarian, fast food, steak, pastry or bakery, ice cream and Star Trek restaurants.
    Parks (toddler play park, children's play park, pet park)
    Tattoo parlor
    Hair salon
    Gyms (also with climbing walls)
    Cafes (gaming cafe included)
    Movie theater
    Bars (also karaoke bar)
    Nightclubs
    Spas
    Photo studio
    Libraries
    Skating rink
    Community pools
    Different kind of stores (depending on my Sims whatever they're into) for example occult store for spellcasters
    Arcade
    Museums
    Vet clinics
    Laudromat
    Science center
    Garden
    Beach
    Teen hangouts

I probably forgot something, it's such a long list. I usually have favorites that I use every time from the gallery and I add more later whatever I think my Sims would enjoy going to. Different occults need their own places too, for example vampires need a plasma restaurant and mermaids like lots that have swimming pools or bath tubs on them.
    Post edited by Kimmer on
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I make arcades, parks, malls, pools, I have an ice cream parlor ( restaurant ). I downloaded a restaurant with a pool and a slip and slide and a children's play boat.,, I have an indoor movie theatre and a drive in. I added a 4 player video game to a cafe or two. Some places have the object where sims play guitar outside. And, of course bars and nightclubs. I have all the packs so add a lot of different fun objects to builds. I don’t use CC or mods.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,035 Member
    This entire thread is a goldmine of inspiration and great ideas! 🤗 I especially loved the multi-use/multi-age/family-friendly ideas! I could always use more venue ideas for family outings and family or friend clubs. :smile:
    JAL wrote: »

That sounds amazing! 😲 I would love more family-friendly venues! 🙂👍 Do your builds require any mods or CC?

No mods or cc, I always try to avoid that in builds I share on the gallery (I just add it in later if I want it).
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!