Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you actively play sims 4, when did you start playing the sims?

ImagebearImagebear Posts: 46 Member
The purpose of the poll is to see where the majority of active player base came from, and discuss what this mean for the future of the franchise and some decision EA made recently.

Choose the timing that fit you, the text is just monuments of what happened in that period of time.

Okay. According to the comments, this poll is heavily bias and also people either refused to vote or voting the wrong option.

In conclusion the results is not accurate representation of the player base.

The poll on the reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/se18yb/for_people_who_manly_play_sims_4_when_did_you/
It has more people participate. The results is similar somehow.
Post edited by Imagebear on

If you actively play sims 4, when did you start playing the sims? 245 votes

The Sims era (2000-2004)
60%
ehaught58crocobauraBluegayleJderrick094EvvieSimmergrnblzjulienrob2004Shanniblue1ihavesorelegsnowJaline33MichelleWdjacquelynstewPrincessrozeeSFlamingoKicker1Chris3423131MartinvWrenryjoydoveAbsafraginlootlyLushiePushie 148 votes
Sims 2 and 3 era (2004-2014) + Simsfreeplay
23%
MonaSolstraalemaggiemae8135BoergeAarg61lisasc360AnthonydyerCarmineMizzila1297EmzyDalsvidapearlbhDarquaybenson2006xitneverendssNinja-Dan22mariajane216CroxycookCAPTAIN_NXR7cyncieDoloresGreyOnverserAngelEb95 58 votes
The biginning of Sims 4 (2014-2018)
6%
rjssimsims 4 lover$love£ZenovisHayleeSimsmikamakimonmysterionzkaiwrysimsparadiseplanetlogionSERVERFRAGlacierSnowKimmereilemaJustinB113MeowchaFrappeLiebeslottchenbluedanube 17 votes
The Sims Mobile (2018-2020)+ sims 4 free download
1%
AngeliqueAdelaideAyKooChaocody6268pvrescue1 4 votes
Recently (2020-Now)
4%
HandelchonkieRay_TraceGrimlyFiendishmightyspriteBookBearDragonmasterleoAdamBurtSimsDuckyQueensunnycakes 10 votes
I don't mainly play the sims 4.
3%
canitbemanCinebarKaon45pandabear1836SeashoreLiviaLilynWolfImagebearsimmerorigin 8 votes

Comments

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    The Sims era (2000-2004)
    I’ve been playing The Sims as far as The Sims 1 (Hot Date).

My favorite games have been between Sims 2 and Sims 4, though I’ve been warming up to Sims 3 with lots of mods.

Sims 4 is my current fave right now and I go back and forth between my currently vanilla (no mods) Sims 4 and a modded Sims 3.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I started playing Sims 4 right on September 2014 due to the fact that my old Sims 3 stopped working.
  • ImagebearImagebear Posts: 46 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I started playing Sims 4 right on September 2014 due to the fact that my old Sims 3 stopped working.

I actually meant when did you start playing the sims game instead of sims 4 as I wrote it in the tilte. But I guess it's too late.
    Still, Thanks for sharing your experience with sims 3.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,703 Member
    The Sims era (2000-2004)
    This is a bit similar to a poll I did back in 2017. The results show that the majority of forum users started with an earlier version of the game. Only 12% of 636 votes started with the Sims 4. I've seen comments that the younger Sims 4 players don't frequent the forum. Will be interesting to see if the results have changed.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/931295/for-those-currently-playing-and-enjoying-sims-4/p1
    This is a bit similar to a poll I did back in 2017. The results show that the majority of forum users started with an earlier version of the game. Only 12% of 636 votes started with the Sims 4. I've seen comments that the younger Sims 4 players don't frequent the forum. Will be interesting to see if the results have changed.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/931295/for-those-currently-playing-and-enjoying-sims-4/p1

The game and the franchise did change a lot between these 4 years. It sure is nice to have the poll result from the past to compare.
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    The Sims era (2000-2004)
    I'm surprised we're so overwhelmingly from the olden days, and so far no-one hails from the full decade of Sims 2-3.

I'll also posit: the Sims 4 has been out now for a hundred years, and has frustrated its users in a range of ways, so people who still play it in 2022 may do so for partly nostalgic reasons.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
    I'm surprised we're so overwhelmingly from the olden days, and so far no-one hails from the full decade of Sims 2-3.

I'll also posit: the Sims 4 has been out now for a hundred years, and has frustrated its users in a range of ways, so people who still play it in 2022 may do so for partly nostalgic reasons.

See, I guess I don’t understand this. Sure, the game is frustrating. But so were the others, just in different ways. I could never create and play the kind of characters I wanted to play in Sims 2. That was frustrating enough that I quit trying. Sims 3 was laggy as heck and the routing problems, while hilariously funny at times, were tremendously aggravating. None of the games have been perfect. If people are only playing this iteration out of nostalgia, I would suggest they have been looking at the past games through rose colored lenses.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited January 2022
    The Sims era (2000-2004)
    Since Makin' Magic
    I do think we could and should be Makin' More Magic yes.
    and I hope this gp finally adds romance to TS4 since I've been missing it dearly.

as for bigger picture?
    I think we ought to have something different after ts4 I don't really fancy gathering same packs for 5th time
    but then again I don't plan to continue to after ts4 unless ts4 has been completed to its best potential
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Main sims games 2011/12-present, franchise around 2008-present
  • aurorabeamaurorabeam Posts: 15 Member
    I might have played the first game on some occasion (honestly, I don't remember) but The Sims 2 is the game that made me fall in love with the franchise.

It surprised me to see that so many people here on the forum have played since the first game! I only really know one person around my age who plays the sims except for myself, so it's nice to see that so many of you here are still playing and enjoying the game
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    The Sims era (2000-2004)

I play Sims 4 because I love playing Sims 4. I still got my old Sims games to play with, when I want to play them. (I still play Sims 3 with mods as well as Sims 4, and I still have my Sims 2 collection and some of my Sims 1 games. I prefer to play mostly Sims 4 or modded Sims 3 nowadays, though.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    The text in the choices is a bit misleading, because "Sims 2 and 3 era (2004-2014) + Simsfreeplay" doesn't really describe my situation at all. :lol: I had no interest in Sims 1 or 2 (still don't), and the first game in the franchise that I played was Sims 3 sometime in 2011ish, maybe 2012, but it was only for a few weeks because I didn't enjoy it, and I never played it again after that. I couldn't even work up enough interest in it to mod it. I also played no other games at all from the franchise until Sims 4 sometime in early 2019. If I had gone with the time part of the poll choices, I might have picked "The Sims Mobile (2018-2020)+ sims 4 free download" despite never having played those at all (and never will, as I don't like mobile games in general), because I don't consider myself a Sims fan from before that time period.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
    edited January 2022
    VeeDub wrote: »
    The text in the choices is a bit misleading, because "Sims 2 and 3 era (2004-2014) + Simsfreeplay" doesn't really describe my situation at all. :lol: I had no interest in Sims 1 or 2 (still don't), and the first game in the franchise that I played was Sims 3 sometime in 2011ish, maybe 2012, but it was only for a few weeks because I didn't enjoy it, and I never played it again after that. I couldn't even work up enough interest in it to mod it. I also played no other games at all from the franchise until Sims 4 sometime in early 2019. If I had gone with the time part of the poll choices, I might have picked "The Sims Mobile (2018-2020)+ sims 4 free download" despite never having played those at all (and never will, as I don't like mobile games in general), because I don't consider myself a Sims fan from before that time period.

The timing is more important here since the question is when. The text of choice is just the monuments of the franchise in that period of time. Also sims 4 free download is actually an event in eary 2019 instead of a game.

Therefore I'll consider you as the 2018-2020 option.

Also thanks for sharing your experience.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,286 Member
    edited January 2022
    Oh, you left one out. I began my Sims' Odyssey in 2005 with the Sims 2. Previously, I wasn't into video games, but this one truly hooked me. I transitioned to Sims3 and had a love/hate relationship with it. I really enjoyed how quirky and "independent" my Sims seemed in Sims2. I didn't have to try to corral them to eat together or actively prompt conversation while they ate. I tentatively moved on to Sims4, once the word came out it wasn't going to be a multiplayer game after all. Phew, dodged that phaser blast. I told myself if the Sims, themselves, weren't more to my liking, IE closer to the ones from Sims2, that would be it for me. I wouldn't purchase anything else Sims4. Turns out they were close enough and the Toddlers that arrived late are well-worth the wait! I play every day, now, something I wasn't doing up front.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Oopsies. I meant to vote on Sims 3. Sorry about that. I tend to have a comprehension problem.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,286 Member
    @VeeDub Mine either, so I chose nothing but explained why. I never played Freestyle, for one.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    edited January 2022
    The Sims era (2000-2004)
    My big sister and I started with The Sims Deluxe Edition and soon after that got The Unleashed and at some point I borrowed the older EPs from my friend and bought the new EPs with my sisters as they were released. Those were happy days.

We played TS2 until Seasons. I'm not quite sure why I quit after that. I guess I lost my interest, prepared for exams and moved away from home. I tried TS3 on playstation when my little sister bought it and played a couple of generations, but I wasn't very into it after that. My sister didn't buy any EPs for TS3.

Then at some point... perhaps in 2016 I started playing TS2 again, because my big sister had got the ultimate collection code in Origin and let me try it. I was pretty excited to play the EPs I hadn't played before. I refused to make an Origin account, though ( :bawling: I could have the ultimate collection... ) and bought some TS2 EPs as physical discs instead and downloaded some cc. It was fun.

I started playing TS4 in the beginning of 2019 as I was bored with TS2. I still occasionally play TS1 as well. I might never play TS5. It really depends on what it will be like and I'm unsure what I'd like it to be.
  • Charlotta11Charlotta11 Posts: 399 Member
    The Sims era (2000-2004)
    I've been a simmer for so long that i can't even remember time before i didin't play this game. But i always will remember that day when i was just a tiny kid and my big sisters friend talked about this game and i coudn't believe it since it sounded so fun.
    Aaand here i am over 20 years later and still obsessed and wait new packs with same exitement then as a kid lol :Do:)
    11.3.2019_1.06.18.png
    edited January 2022
    @GalacticGal I've read what you've written.
    I began my Sims' Odyssey in 2005 with the Sims 2. ... I really enjoyed how quirky and "independent" my Sims seemed in Sims2.

Unlike Veedub, you clearly belong in the second option. You started at sims 2 and enjoyed it.
  • DuckyQueenDuckyQueen Posts: 342 Member
    Recently (2020-Now)
    I’ve been watching simmers on YouTube but I didn’t get sims till 2020
  • AhbaAhba Posts: 1 New Member
    I started on Sims 2, then 3, then went found 1 in a thrift store. Then now I'm on 4. :smile:
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    Mine was in The Sims 2 and 3 era.

Someone started a thread similar to this one last year that's still on the 1st page of this section.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/992763/when-did-you-start-playing-to-the-sims/p1
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    My first sims game was the sims 4 in 2017. Now I mainly play the sims 3 because of some updates and changes that ruined 4 for me and my play style.
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    I started playing Sims 1 around 2004. I remember I super loved just simply fulfilling their basic needs. Then I got bored after like a year and started playing Sims 2 for quite a while. In the Sims 2, all I ever played was the University one. I remember I was pretending I'm in college. I was around 10.

Then I stopped playing computer games around 2010, because like I preferred to watch movies and read books instead. And then years later pandemic happened, I'm stay at home, I started playing Sims 4 in March 2021.

I've never played Sims 3.
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    edited January 2022
    The Sims era (2000-2004)
    I think I've still got my Sims original CDs. Yes, they were on CDs back then, none of this newfangled DVDs or digital download.
    AW02yYU.jpg