Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which The Sims game has the best wardrobe ?

Β«1
LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
Hi,

So many clothes have been done since 2000 but which game best dresses your sims?

Post edited by LeGardePourpre on

Which The Sims game has the best wardrobe ? 107 votes

The Sims
1%
Lady_Ballorasimmerorigin 2 votes
The Sims 2
7%
crocobauraskybird14viola-illyriaOldeseadoggeStrawberryYogurtEricasFreePlayIVXXXVINushka 8 votes
The Sims 3
28%
Jaline33joydoveZhakiraPDijktafonesimgirl1010g01denswanCinebaralanmichael1airotciv54DarkLady2788ClassicalSimGemSixxjazzunicornsSorak4LatinaBunnyChadSims2sof2106KyreRoenChicklet453681Brandontaylor 30 votes
The Sims 4
62%
LeGardePourprePlayerSinger2010StormkeepSusanaLeotehaneulfriendlysimmersloubylouloubarracuda1574Anthonydyertaydevduhboy2u2TeeSeaelelunicyBabykittyjadebixtersSweetieWright_84benson2006hiddengnomessimcat1974Netzspannung 67 votes

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    The Sims 3
    I have to go with 3 simply because of create a style. So many design options. Plus the CAS store sets are awesome.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    The Sims 3
    I have to agree with @simgirl1010.

While TS4 has a lot of clothing, the textures and colors they chose are sometimes downright hideous (at least to me! YUCK!) In TS3 I could take something that was 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in my eyes and change up the texture and give it an entirely new look into something that I would use.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited January 2022
    The Sims 4
    I prefer TS4 because of the quality of the male clothing.

In TS3 CASt is great but the meshes don't satisfy me.
  • VyneVyne Posts: 43 Member
    The Sims 3
    I use to play Sims 2 way before because I use to have it and I play Sims 2 and 3 on console. So the best one I like is the Sims 3 because the clumsy trait thing when they try to pull the wardrobe makes me laugh and that's how I have memories of it.
    0zd1knkd2pmo.jpg
    The fate is always on your hands.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    The Sims 4
    Had to vote 4 because of the better guy clothes. Hated the options in ts3 when I had tried it. And because of the older technology I think the clothes in older games just didn't look all that good on sims even if there were some nice styles.
    I think ts4 has better meshes and better cc too. But worse textures because I just don't like MM all that much.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    The Sims 3
    There's many, many textures, themes, materials & colors to use on any clothing, footwears, accessories, etc, etc...
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited January 2022
    I hated cas as whole in ts3
    it looked like everyone was wearing plastic and i had to get tons of cc to make anything so thats out

ts1,2 and 4 is really hard to choose from
    partly cause nostalgia but also ts1-2 clothes were more thematic i feel like and i really miss that in ts4

after overthinking it i conclude:

Everyday: TS4 yeah. thats everyday. nice selection. nice customization. kinda boring but it will do.

Formal: TS1 I still dream of that blue sparkly magical dress that was made of hopes and dreams yes i would wear that if you know you do because i cannot find screen of it
    also i miss mortimer in purple a lot

Athletic: actually good point i don't think we really had much of it in TS1-2 cause i just recall using same tracksuits all the time so let's go with TS4 perhaps
    the game of athleisure ain't it

Sleep: mmmmh honestly i don't remember
    there was grandma panties in TS2 tho and fabulous robe for dudes i miss so maybe i should embrace that :lol:

Swim: I'll do TS4 only because i can use clothes from any category i like and as nice as sexy bikini is it just ain't always what i need

Party: heck yeah I'll party like its early 2000 TS2 for the win

Hot Weather: I'll wear something silly from TS1 cannot look hot when its too hot to think

Cold Weather: <<<< TS2 has mittens and they're very important
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    The Sims 3
    Sims 3 had so many clothing and I can use CASt to have more texture or pattern choices. :smile: Plus, the store and all that.

Sims 4 has a lot of great clothing, too, though. Just has limited swatches and some of the outfits kind of make my male look like they have a feminine chest or makes them look like they have bumps that their bodies don’t have. There are some great clothing, but I would have liked more male clothing and more swatches.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • hiddengnomeshiddengnomes Posts: 21 Member
    The Sims 4
    Sims 3 has CASt yes, and I do agree that it would be the best. But if you take that out and could only use the presets the Sims team made I would probably prefer sims 4 wardrobe 😜
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
    edited January 2022
    The Sims 4
    If you eliminate CASt and the store and are only comparing default clothing, then TS4 wins, for me. So many of the default clothes in TS3 looked like they were made of rubber. Add CASt and the ability to purchase a la carte from the store, and TS3 has the edge. The over abundance of lingerie tops in TS3, though, knocks it back down a few notches.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited January 2022
    The Sims 4
    I love Sims 3 and yeah, create a style was nice to have. But to be blunt, the clothing and hairstyles in that game were just plain ugly. 2009 was definitely a... questionable time for fashion. Great game but I couldn't bare to play it without cc.

Sims 4 I still mainly play with cc clothes and hair but I have to say there's a lot of very nice items in this game, I could quite easily play without cc and a lot of the sims I make don't have cc.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    The Sims 3
    cyncie wrote: Β»
    If you eliminate CASt and the store and are only comparing default clothing, then TS4 wins, for me. So many of the default clothes in TS3 looked like they were made of rubber. Add CASt and the ability to purchase a la carte from the store, and TS3 has the edge. The over abundance of lingerie tops in TS3, though, knocks it back down a few notches.

Yeah, I was having a hard choice between Sims 3 and Sims 4, because Sims 4 does have a lot of great stuff. For me, I think if Sims 4 had CAST or a color wheel for different pieces, had more separate pieces and maybe fixed some body mesh issues (like when female sims chooses masculine clothing or male uses feminine clothing), then I think Sims 4 would have Sims 3 hands-down.

On the other hand, I never had to use any CC so far in Sims 4. (Though I may use some for fairy stuff and maybe a mermaid baby bassinet...)
    Still, Sims 4 has a lot of great stuff!
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    The Sims 2
    It is actually a tie, 2 and 4. TS2 because: there is no limit to wardrobe size, wardrobe is a household item, not per sim, with Body Shop I can, and do, make my own CC - often with colours, patterns, styles, and combinations impossible in TS4. Also, much of the CC is amazingly good. I have sims in 'real' outfits because they are carefully done photos of the real thing. TS4 has a CAS that is amazing in its ability to mix and match parts and accessories, something that TS2 can't do. Again, CC really helps, especially with period and specialty styles.
  • ImDragoneImDragone Posts: 76 Member
    edited January 2022
    The Sims 4
    While I understand that Sims 3 is very customizable with custom fabric choices... It has a very limited, and unfashionable selection of clothing. It doesn't even capture the beauty of fashion when it was new.
    Sims 4 has a vast, and beautiful selection of clothing, and footwear. Though, it is highly lacking in jewelry, tattoos, makeup, and finger & toenail options.
    And, why do I have to pick between the septum ring, and the nostril studs? I want all three.
    And, why do I have to pick between the double-eyebrow piercings on the outside, and the single ones on the inside? I want all three.
    And, I also want dimple rings, top of the nose rings, and belly button rings for males, too. (Belly button rings are reserved for women. :()
    I want lots of body, and face piercing varieties. Lots of tattoos. Henna tattoos, and other temporary options. And, lots of makeup, and finger & toenail options.
    And, I want truly long hair. As in, it's going to drag on the snow as I snowboard. Or, it's going to have to be put up to keep it from touching the ground while standing upright. <3 I want such Rapunzelly hair lengths in various styles. Left down. Ponytail-braided. Box-braided. Dutch-braided. French-braided. Braid-hawked. In lots of various braid options! And, I want to be able to have a personal hairstylist as a rich & famous poprockstar to do my hair in daily life.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2022
    The Sims 3
    I have to go with TS3 as far as the ability to create many different patterns and designs of the limited swatches of TS4. CAS is about dressing our Sims in our own styles of patterns, colors and textures. Therefore, TS2 and TS3 offer the player more variables than TS4. However, TS4 has done a great job by removing the sheen that was on all TS3 clothes and not bringing that over to TS4.

TS2's Bodyshop and TS3's CASt are better choices in my opinion if players want more than just what a company decides to give them. It's why I respect Will Wright still to this day, he believed players should have all the tools to create the game their way instead of just a developer's idea. And I feel personally TS1's Sim Maker was and is the mother of CAS creation and should at least get an honorable mention. :)

TS4 is the only one that doesn't provide choices to create your own colors and textures and patterns and that's sad.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    The Sims 2
    I chose TS2 because it was customizable. My sims could have however many clothes they could afford to buy and it was easy enough to create different outfits from the choices in their wardrobe.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    The Sims 4
    TS4. By a long shot. TS2/3 are so stuck in the decade they were made in, and though there is customization, the clothes themselves leave a lot to be desired.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    The Sims 4
    Sims 4 definitely. There are so many different styles when you consider all of the packs; fantasy clothing, Occultish clothing, gothy, vamp, ragged, punk, 50s, Victorian, Apocalypse, timeless designs, cultural... there's so much to choose from that I can actually create just about anything I want. There are so many hair types, textures and styles, we finally have thick and curly hairs and some longer ones, we have a bazillion shoe types and can change them independently, we have so many hats, wraps and even heads, scars, teeth, body types and frames, cool jewelry...

So, yeah. There are certainly a few areas that could be improved and expanded (hair and eye colors, more fantasy skin tones) but as far as wardrobe designs, TS4 hands down. It's the first game where I actually stopped using CC after a few years (and packs) because I didn't need it so much anymore. And I play a very fantasy/Occult/Sci-Fi-heavy game. That says a lot.
    #Team Occult
  • JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    The Sims 4
    Sims 3 definitely has more creative options, but 4 is way more functional & visually pleasing to the eye.
  • AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited February 2022
    The Sims 4
    I do believe Sims 4 did a pretty good job with the wardrobe. It is distinct from previous games because it tends to be more realistic and modern. It can be limited on swatches. I have played 2 and 3 and it tends to be the same outfit over and over again. Although Sims 3 does have a competing edge because of create a style which lets you make any pattern.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    The Sims 3
    Sims 3 color wheel was a game changer one outfit could be any color or you could change its pattern followed by Sims 2 which gave players body shop to easily make whatever it was missing. I'd only put Sims 4 above Sims 1 the style choices and even worse color swatches are horrible in Sims 4 especially for men.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    The Sims 4
    As much as I loved CASt, the clothes in TS3 left a lot to be desired for me. Honestly, I've pretty much hated the Maxis clothing options in every Sims games until TS4. I used a TON of CC clothing in 1, 2 and 3 and rarely used any of the Maxis clothes. For 4, I actually like the Maxis clothing more than most of the CC that I have downloaded for it (which isn't much, because I don't feel the need for much in 4).

This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    The Sims
    I thought Sims 1 was so much fun when I played it as a kid. So many randomly-themed costumes. It wasn't realistic but it was pure and whimsical.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    The Sims 3
    Sims 3 because it purposely avoided leaning too far into fads that were out in no time, so the clothes are less shockingly dated than those in 4
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited March 2022
    The Sims 3
    Sims 3. Sims 4's fashion can be good, but it's so tame. (Unless you just pile on clothes and accessories randomly, like some sort of demented townie.) Sims 3 had some weirdstuff, and I appreciate that.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017