Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited January 2022
    @Karababy52
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @afai1261
    Absolutely gorgeous and romantic daily post pic of Aaron and Hunter on the mountain top! Love it! *gasp* Lonnie is Hunter's Dad! Holy Simoly! How did I not know this? Should've seen the resemblance. Gah! I'm sure you remember how much I loved Lonnie before. I've always said you make some of THE most handsome Sims I've ever seen in my life and Lonnie is no exception. Way cool man! So good to see him again. :) Bummer for Aaron though, standing there in his underwear. o.O Like you said, not exactly what you want to be wearing to meet your boyfriend's Dad. hehe So sweet how Hunter just suddenly popped over out of nowhere too. Aww, looks like he missed his Dad.

Kind of glad Hunter's Mom wasn't with Lonnie. Being in your skivvies in front of Dad is bad enough, but just think how mortified he would've been if she had been there to see him like that too. o.O Feel bad for Hunter though and the situation with his Mom. Wonder if we'll get to see her too at some point. :)

Love both their outfits for the climb. Especially Hunter. Not surprised Hunter just kept taking off to climb the walls. Joel did that with Cale too. I think it's their job as NPC climbers to do that or something. Can't control them so not much you can do about it unfortunately. Ah well. hehe A potato! Hey, it works for the have a meal portion of the climb, so why not? Weird how his other stuff just disappeared. HAHA! Hunter! What the heck are you doing? Well at least he's having fun eh? Fantastic screenshots of their excursion throughout. Croft Icefall is impressive eh? It's so scary looking! I love it! Cave iced over for them too. Well that's no fun! Dangit!

Oh yeah, NPC vamps are always low on energy for some reason. Don't blame you for cheating it up for Hunter. You're right, he's not the challenge Sim so you can do that no problem. I cheated for Josh last year too. Not a lot, but when it was needed like with Hunter. He's a SuperSim though, so didn't need to cheat much for him. Of course Aaron passed the time with the soccer ball while Hunter was sleeping before you did cheat it up. hehe I got teared up when they both said 'I love you.' *sniff* Who's crying? I'm not crying, you're crying! *sniff* Love that plaque and very appropriate putting it under that painting Aaron did of the rock climber. Perfect spot! :)

Thank you about my scenery shot. :) Cale finally got that completed, but it wasn't easy. I agree, Joy is gorgeous! I didn't have much to do with that though, she's a born in-game by the genetics tool Sim. However, the game automatically gave her one of the skin overlays I have, so I think that enhanced her beauty a bit. In my opinion, she's one of the most beautiful Sims I've ever had in my game. I love her! Yep, Cale's got a rep now. So far it's not really hurting him, but helping him, in a way. We'll see if that continues though. ;)

Thanks again about my daily post pic. I try. It's fun! I love scenery/landscape screenshots in this game. Hana is very pretty! I was shocked. That's very rare in my game. Cale got lucky in more than one way. hehe Woo Hoo Master HAHAHA! Uh, at least he has some good reviews. He's just a kid though so how good could he be, I mean realistically speaking? hehe

I was SO happy to see Aaron in the Onsen! I thought they weren't going to like each other at first though by the look Aaron gave him. hehe But it all worked out. He finds Cale attractive eh? Well that's very cool! hehe Too bad Cale's not gay, they'd make a cute couple! Oh well... But yes, they will go snowboarding together. I had Cale reading skill books so he wouldn't embarrass himself in front of Aaron. Speaking of that and his lack of muscles. I could cheat up his snowboarding skill and his physique if you like? Let me know. :)

I hope it was okay how I 'spoke' for Aaron and what he said. I always hesitate doing that. Don't want to make other challenge Sims say stuff their creator might not think was in character. I tried to make him seem like he is in your game as best I could though. :)
    Thank you! <3
    Hehehe I was actually wondering if you'd remember Lonnie! I knew you'd get a kick out of seeing him ;) And thank you again for saying that my sims are handsome!

Ah yeah that is true about the situation probably being way worse if Hunter's mother was there too! I'm hoping we'll get to see her soon, she hasn't shown up at all and it's bugging me lol. But maybe Del Sol Valley since she's a celebrity ;) That's not for months though... Hmm.

I hate that NPC vampires' energy is always low! Hunter does the idle animations complaining about it all the time but I can't do anything other than cheat!
    I figured that having Aaron and Hunter profess their love for each other was perfect for the top of the peak, instead of them having their first kiss there (because they'd already had that first kiss). I'm just so happy for my boys lol

Oh yes that's a good idea about cheating up his snowboarding skill and giving him the muscles he deserves now haha. So if you could do that, that would be perfect :smiley: Aaron has level 8 snowboarding skill in my game right now but you can go ahead and give him level 10 ;)

I think what you put for Aaron's dialogue was great! :) Definitely fits with his character and traits.

@permanentrose
    @afai1261
    Oh no, not the Murphy bed!!! Jules actually died that way in the challenge last year but I just exited without saving lol. I hate those things. They're so cute and a great space saver but even if you upgrade then, they can be deadly. Poor Aaron had a rough day, poor guy.

Haha, gotta love that Robin is being all sad in your game. Our sims are just miserable in each other's games :D If you want Aimi, I can upload her! She has a lot of CC though which is a pain. If you want to give Robin a random GF in your game though totally go for it ;) Kenzie really is being a flirt in your game haha. Gotta love that soccer ball too :D It's really giving me flashbacks to Jules being obsessed with juggling her ball last year lol. Anyway, good luck on your excursion! I think you might have posted it already, working on catching up on everything now :D

Haha, what a funny way to meet your BFs dad indeed :D Gotta love it when sims just randomly appear at any time of day. Hunter's dad is very attractive too, but I expected nothing less :) Congrats on doing the excursion for the first time too! It's definitely fun to revisit. I wish I had done it more last year randomly throughout the year. The raw potato photo is probably my favorite :D But seriously, gorgeous shots! Bummer about the cave though :( Maybe next time though! I love it when they reach the top right at sunset, makes for especially gorgeous pics!
    Before this year's challenge started, I actually decided to reread most of last year's challenge and I do remember Jules dying to the Murphy bed, yes :joy:
    I just decided to never put Aaron's one in couch mode so it can never get the chance to kill him.

I know right? :D I just went and made a girl specially for Robin since you said that (about giving her a random GF) ;) When Aaron and the challenge sims all get to Windenburg (I'm putting her and her family there because I have plans for next month involving her brother and Aaron), she'll be Robin's GF in my game:
    BjV6qYL.png
    I just fell in love with her myself :joy:
    I think I may know why Kenzie was flirty too... I'm assuming it's because she found one of those boys extremely attractive and had the 'breathtaking encounter' moodlet. I think I'll have to go into her household and see haha.

Thank you! I am very happy with how Lonnie turned out.
    I am 100% going to have to do the excursion again, and maybe the cave will be open then lol.
    Post edited by afai1261 on
    Getting comments done first today because I don't know what story angle to take for today's update lol

@permanentrose
    Day 26: Love that shot of Robin flying through the air in the daily pic :) And the other ones too ;)
    Adorable pics of Pepper!
    Aaron, if you still hate fitness, then why do you go to a GYM??? Omg. But I mean feel free to go into CAS and remove his dislike of fitness if you want lol, since he likes it in my game now it'll make him more accurate :)
    Ah, the random sims coming into your house just for a glass of water... That's happened to Aaron way too many times now and it's so annoying. For me anyway haha

@Carebear92
    Day 25: Savannah's house is looking great!

@RememberJoy
    Day 26: Congrats to Adam, Kaori and Kiyoshi!
    Lol at his companions not waiting for him :D
    Oh wow I didn't know you could find a forest spirit in the cave, cool! Nice of it to make the storm go away.
    Lovely shot of Adam and Kaori kissing in front of the moon!

@Shadami
    Day 26: Aaron is such a fixture in Velma's life, I love it!
    And Velma's house looks fantastic :love:
    Ooh do I see Aaron playing guitar there? Nice!

@Karababy52
    Day 26: Ooh that pic of Cale on the hiking trail in the daily pic - he looks so good haha
    Congrats for completing that aspiration!
    Wicked awesome pics of Cale doing all those tricks. Aaron has the Ludicrous slope for snowboarding now and I take way too many pics of his tricks :D
    Lovely to see Kenzie again!
    Wait what there's a special sentiment for kissing on the bridge? There are so many sentiments from this pack I don't know about lol
    Great pictures of Cale and Yamachan!

@LegacySims2017
    Day 25: Congrats to DJ for that raise!
    Aww the forest spirits gave him a Simmi!

@SoulGal7
    Day 23: Nice to see Robin!
    It always weirds me out to have my actor sims practice romance scenes with someone they're not romantically involved with :joy:
    Great pics of Dylan skiing.
    Oh wow a complete Simmi collection already? :open_mouth: Well done!

That 'you are my jam' sentiment (and the one that the other sim gets) is so bugged, it's a romantic one but I had a sim give a neighbourly gift to his son (I was playing the son) and they got the sentiments :s Then the son was flirty when his father was around sometimes and I just... ugh.
    edited April 2023
    January 27
    CclHdSwE_o.jpg
    Aaron and Hunter returned home from their mountain excursion. Aaron especially felt extremely elated from finally telling Hunter that he loved him and knowing that Hunter fully reciprocated those feelings was incredible. And, you know. They conquered a whole freaking mountain without dying, and that's definitely something to be elated about.

He received a commemorative gold plaque for successfully climbing to the top of the mountain, and placed it on his wall underneath the painting of a mountain climber he had made previously. It was an achievement he could be proud of, and he had done it all with Hunter, the guy he loved, by his side. Hunter returned to the house he shared with his uncle, and Aaron decided to start work on a new painting (which, when it was completed, was yet another masterpiece!)

The next day, he invited Hunter out for a hike - the scenic loop, just as they had done when Aaron kissed him for the first time. They approached the temple again, and Aaron grinned as he remembered what kissing Hunter back then, after weeks of being too afraid to, had felt like. He approached the board and decided to make a wish, smiling as he did so. Hunter made a wish straight after, but when he had put his on the board, he stepped away for a moment and hung his head, sighing.
    "Hey," Aaron held out his hands to him. "Talk to me."
    "Argument," Hunter said softly. "It was stupid, really but..."
    Aaron wrapped his arms around him and held him tight. "Are things with Morgan really that bad?" he asked, somewhat fearful of the answer.
    "Ugh," Hunter muttered into Aaron's shoulder. "You know how he was when we went to the park and stuff? The park. And we weren't even doing anything dangerous. He was mad about the excursion. Said he should have been there, and we could have been killed..."
    "Oh, crap," Aaron grimaced. Yikes...
    "He doesn't get it. At all. And I think it's all under the pretense of protecting me or whatever, but look at you, living by yourself, having a great house, getting to the top of Mount Komorebi without anyone older..." Here he looked up. "Thank you for agreeing to come without him."
    "Can't have any stuffy old adults with us now, can we?" Aaron said with a grin. "That woohoo in that tent would have been very different..."
    "Hah!" Hunter said. He gazed at Aaron, smiling slightly now. "That woohoo was something else."
    Aaron reveled for a moment in the memory of that woohoo, then caressed Hunter's cheek and kissed him. "Let's go back to the park," he said, and so they did.

A few other teenagers arrived at the park as they did, and as Aaron grabbed a plate of dango from the vendor, Hunter met Selena and Kiyoshi, telling the latter about the excursion he had taken with Aaron after Kiyoshi opened with a spiel about snowboarding. Aaron came back to the park and cleaned up a few messes next to Hunter, who was still talking with Kiyoshi and was now joined by Robin. Hunter glanced up and spotted Morgan sitting at the chess table. "Gym?" he asked suddenly. Aaron followed his gaze, finding Morgan's red hair easily, then nodded. "You want to come too, Robin?" he asked the brunette. She had been at the gym as often as he had, and she eagerly nodded. "Sure!"

Hunter, Robin and Aaron went off to the gym in Yukimatsu together, and Aaron told them he'd be getting in some more snowboarding runs as the conditions were great. Hunter headed off to work out his frustrations at the punching bag (Aaron hoped that he wasn't imagining the bag as Morgan), and Robin ran on a treadmill.

Aaron was now so proficient at snowboarding that he could now do some truly epic tricks. He felt like he was flying, and it was exhilarating. Apart from the one time he landed wrong and had a nasty fall. He hoped his arm wouldn't give him any trouble after that, and returned home to harvest from his garden, sleep, and welcome the arrival of summer the next morning. It was bit cloudy and rainy, but he brought out his umbrella and set off on a new hiking trail - this time, to the mountain shrine. He resolved to later go visit Hunter and see how he was doing, and maybe steal him away for the night for a date.

~~~
    qxzbF0R.png
    tb6Qk45.png

I love how it seems like Aaron is looking at Hunter's wish :joy:
    dZARkfT.png

HguSLfC.png
    Z1RcvBl.png
    Yw2tKQ9.png

ucCEpfa.png
    xWUP68A.png
    sP5ix6m.png

qTEycFf.png

Robin was flirty. I have no idea why :D
    M9oi7gu.png

gSU2nND.png
    Tt01IWQ.png
    m6twHqh.png
    aCBGH8n.png

Okay now this is just getting ridiculous. No one invited you!
    H2kFoTL.png

And now for lots of snowboarding spam ;)
    TbAbzQB.png
    JT1qKEs.png
    PJRM8r9.png
    xFaqCba.png
    SUYXZvG.png
    4GZW4Ao.png

ctMmmue.png
    NkYoUBO.png
    Sfu2Nso.png

FABYxno.png
    rVt3tQW.png

HMgsgWh.png
    IARtiDM.png
    0y2lmPU.png
    KmbkbFm.png

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    January 27

kxVEdvu.jpg
    Now that I want Robin to have a wildlife encounter, it won't happen of course.
    cIje2J3.jpg

Also I wasn't kidding when I said that Aimi's parents follow her everywhere :D
    CRt73cj.png

That night, she had a visitor...
    KqXDwJX.jpg
    9OfUpmk.png

"W-what is happening?"
    1qSoDcn.jpg

"What's that weird green fog? I should def take a selfie..."
    wLjH8IP.jpg

Well this isn't going as planned...
    x1azplb.jpg

I think she was trying to do Robin's dishes but the sink was broken.
    sStR34c.png

Full autonomy, idk what's even happening :D
    YvP8iDP.jpg
    qTJwdQC.jpg

Kind of a funny little development. I'm not sure why Ophelia didn't end up drinking her plasma, but I like to think perhaps she felt guilty because deep down she really likes Robin and they feel connected since they've known each other their whole lives...
    rMJFpGc.jpg

The next day, she brought Cale home with her after school! @Karababy52

"Wanna go hiking with me?"
    5wNdSLo.jpg

Robin consulted the map.
    CQVk1ZE.jpg

While Cale used the opportunity to take a selfie.
    n7AC8Nm.jpg

They had some nice bonding time. (But sadly no wildlife encounters *sigh*)
    MpJ1tsx.jpg

This seems like it might be the start of a nice friendship for Robin :) She needs teen friends that aren't her cousins or a romantic interest haha.
  • Carebear92Carebear92 Posts: 108 Member
    Ugh life happens… I had Jan 26 played out was going to type it but decide to take a two hour nap. Then my husband came home and was busy rest of the evening. It will be posted today.

@afai1261 Yea I’m trying to figure out the same thing about how to make her move come into the story.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    January 27th: Making plans

EfgPLug.png
    I started the day taking care of my needs and cleaning up around the house. I spent some more time reading up on mountain climbing and starter considering trying another run to earn a golden award for reaching the top, but I'd need a higher climbing experience to do so. I headed back up the mountain to work on my skiing and reached a new level (level 7) of success.
    hvC4LPK.png
    Tonight the bar in town was offering free food and drinks and the light festival was again in town, so I packed up my skis and headed there. I met Kaori and Kiyoshi at the bar and we greeted each other.
    EfgPLug.png
    We sat down and I asked them if either of them was interested in trying another climb. Kiyoshi said he'd had his fill for awhile but Kaori said she'd be interested!
    o4YZ6rd.png
    After grabbing some food from the bar I asked Kaori if she'd like to go on a short hike through the bamboo forest. She agreed as long as it was short as she was feeling sleepy. We hiked around and made some plans for our next excursion before she bid me goodnight.
    kKSr5Oq.png
    I was feeling sleepy, but was getting excited for our trip so I made one more loop and successfully escaped some bats who dive-bombed me. At this point I was so tired I passed out on the path; not one of my prouder moments.
    9PGkrN9.png
    After I got up, I saw some forest spirits and made a wish and experienced a strange powerful energy surrounding me, but I was still exhausted so I headed home for the night.
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Thanks Legacy. I'm doing okay after some sleep. :)

To everyone who has climbed the mountain. Do I need to make sure anyone else on the trip has rock climbing levels?
    @Shadami you only need to worry about rock climbing levels for sims in your household. So if you aren’t controlling the sims, they will be fine!
    Oh good! I was worried about bringing anyone xD
    edited January 2022
    Jan 26
    Savannah had a brilliant idea, but it failed.
    So after work, she took a vacation day from school. She invited Kiyoshi to do the mountain excursion, which didn't go well. Due to Savannah's low climbing skill she couldn't climb up anymore and had to turn back. Since that happen every time Kiyoshi comes around she's either sad or embarrassed. When Kiyoshi and Savannah hang out she make sure they do something fun which helps the sentiment to go away which is causing her mood to change.
    So after that mess, Savannah try to climb the challenging rock wall. She succeeded a few times and got hurt a few times. She stopped after injuring herself. xdKipUI.png
    Savannah went home took a nice hot shower, then her boyfriend Kiyoshi called and see if she wanted to go over there. Savannah went over to Kiyoshi's to hang out for a little bit before calling a night. She wanted to do homework together but Kiyoshi had other plans. Unexpectedly Kiyoshi's mom end up helping Savannah with her homework so she can get it done faster. xPCSAlx.png
    Savannah then headed home and called it a night.

Table of Contents
    Jan 27
    Today after work and school, Kiyoshi came over. Since Kiyoshi and Savannah were both hungry they made lunch together. FD4Cigi.png After they got done eating, Kiyoshi went to go play games on Savannah's computer as Savannah was reading her rock climbing books.4Q8LLT7.png She really wants to do the mountain excursion before she moves to Windenburg. Savannah been thinking to move out of Mt. Komorebi, there's really not a lot for a teen to do here besides the same things. You can only go snowboarding, rock climbing and to the lounge so many times before it gets boring. Savannah plans on telling Kiyoshi and she hope's that he will still come visit or invite her over to his place.
    0qVbwW7.pngN3RKcHm.png She finally told Kiyoshi she was moving, he was ok with it but sad that she was going to be farther away.
    hpALZUm.png After breaking the news to Kiyoshi went up to the mountain to practice rock climbing on the big wall and snowboarding on the ludicrous slope. Rock climbing she did great on she needs to practice some more before even thinking about climbing Mt. Komorebi. uxonN0k.png Snowboarding she did awesome in she did a couple jumps here and there but she had. she also didn't get hurt during any activities today which was a plus qEik1LW.png

Table of Contents
    @SoulGal7
    I have FINALLY caught up with your entire story so far for Dylan. He was the first sim Velma ran into, and he left so quickly after they met that they really didn't get to chat much, and with limited time to myself right now with everything going on, I didn't mark his story as priority to learn in order to write well for my own story. I want to include bits and pieces of everyone's stories for fun! :D

So now that I've caught up, I think the Robin romantic theatre practice bit is rather amazing and fits so well into the story you've been telling! I'm super excited to see where things go when the mob guys catch up to Dylan at what I assume is the end of the month that makes him flee to the next world. I'm working on a post today that I'm hoping to catch up on everyone's story during. and is a bit of a summary blog post since Velma is about halfway through her month challenge. Adding the 100 bae challenge into your game though! :O Oh that's going to be fun to see who all ends up dating him. ^^

@miss_eulenauge
    I've caught back up with your story as well. Poor Lucy is really struggling still. But I love the quotes you use for each of your posts. It's nice to see you still getting out screenshots to Share Lucy with us even if you are finding that for this month you can't get as much playtime as you had hoped. I think that's perfectly all right. ^^ Especially since it's about the journey, and not getting all goals completed. Just enjoying working towards them. I'm glad you're participating despite whatever you're struggling with right now. <3

@afai1261
    I'm caught back up again, even though I was only a couple days behind. Congrats on making it to the top of the mountain! Double congrats for Hunter and Aaron finally saying "I love you" to each other! They're so cute together <3 I love it!

@LegacySims2017
    Congrats DJ on making it to the top of the mountain! I'm glad he achieved that goal and it's cute that he started a journal after to write down his memories of his time in Mt. Komorebi.

@permanentrose
    I've been looking forward to actually reading Robin's story when I noticed that she had a girlfriend (plus she's super cute!) and finally. FINALLY. I've gotten around to it. She has such an adorable story and it's been really fun to see the connections that go back to last year's challenge that I wasn't able to participate in. I went back and also read the specific links you posted to her childhood stories. Congratulations on climbing the mountain! It's really fun seeing everyone accomplish that. I'm just starting to have Velma mountain climb because I'm only about halfway through the first month since I started late.

@Karababy52
    It's amazing to me that I'm only just finally getting to read your story about Cale. I've been so busy this month that I really haven't had the time to read, and play. Today though I spent some time trying to catch up on all of the stories in the order that Velma ran into them in game. Currently I'm about to read Day 20 for Cale. And I have to say. Him telling his story finally and then trying not to cry was so incredibly touching! <3
    "When you meet someone special, you'll know. Your heart will beat more rapidly and you'll smile for no reason."

also this: This is me and my boyfriend. Gah *lots of blushing happiness* Now time to continue reading. Hopefully I can get through everything from everyone before midnight. Haha.
    Hey he did it! He made it to the top of the mountain! Congrats!!

I still need to catch up with Aldo, Adam, Selena, Bryon, and Sean. I'm pretty sure that all of them but Sean made it into my game. But this post is getting awfully long and I need a break and don't want to lose what I've typed so far.xD
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited January 2022
    January - Day 27: "Celebratory Free Time!"

2fuX523.png

Notes
    MIKwQZg.png
    The next morning was the first day of Summer. Cale harvested and tended to his garden which I'm sure helped him toward getting emotionally relaxed. As a result, when he sat down to study the Snowboard skill book (Level 7 now), the aspiration was completed within seconds. Congratulations Cale! Proud of you Buddy! To celebrate, I gave him back his full autonomy and decided to just mostly watch what he does and not intervene very much. If he just does mostly dumb stuff like before, I'll have to turn it back on. But for now, go for it Cale, whatever you want for 12-24 hours.

ZrwHCvz.png
    Very first thing he wanted to do was box. That's cool, I get it, he loves fitness!

qq3xMxL.png
    *sigh* And of course 'troll teh forums' after that. Well he's got the mean trait, so I guess I should let him do that more anyway eh?

weEQw5f.png
    The thing is though, he really wasn't having much fun doing it. I could see him getting angrier by the minute.

zBPN1nn.png
    Oooo, well now, Hello Joy! I bet she can help him have some 'real' fun. I know he won't answer the door though so I had to do it for him. You're welcome Cale! ;) We'll call this, uh, intermission. Yeah...

GEOMtJb.png
    My hopeful romantic heart is beating so hard right now. <3 I think these two might have something special too, perhaps one day more so than he and Kenzie. Joy and Kenzie are the only ones at least that consistently stop by to see him. We shall see!

UNaXVi3.png
    After Joy left, Cale went back to doing all the normal things most Sims do given full autonomy; get water, take out the trash, troll teh forums again, talk to his plants, clean out the fridge, cheer over his Adam Lambert autograph, etc., etc. No offense Cale, but borrrrrrinnnnng! I sent him to the gym to see what he would do there. Maybe he'll meet some new people. He has the Body Builder aspiration now anyway.

Ru7kbhA.png
    Cale joined some of the usual patrons of the gym; Molly and Jules on the treadmills as a paparazzi lurked outside. Either a celebrity is here or was here. I think she was glitched though because she just played on her phone the entire time Cale was at the gym.

KXuuL3a.png
    Malcom was acting as the Yoga Instructor tonight, with his old, original hairstyle. Melody sped her way up there to chat with him for a few moments.

HZmNEF8.png
    But then went back the first floor to hop on a treadmill too. Oh! I see somebody familiar outside.

ULeLAfT.png
    Hi Sam! That's Joy's Dad. Cale has never met him. Guessing he wouldn't like Cale very much if he knew what they've been doing lately. o.O Oh hey, Hi Damon! Didn't see you back there at first.

wg3IU3G.png
    Nik! So good to see you!

xO3XfLo.png
    Jules got off that treadmill so Nik could use it. How nice! Or maybe she just thought he needed some training. She's the Gym Trainer tonight. Cale and Nik had a nice long chat getting to know each other while exercising.

ammmKLj.png
    After an hour or so, Nik poofed away and I saw Jon had arrived to do some boxing. I've been choosing a friendly topic for Cale to talk about and then just let him pick his own after that when chatting with others. When I looked to select something for Jon, he had 'smooth apology' in his convo menu. Apparently they had argued or fought at some point. I don't know when that would've happened but oh well.

Cale bowed to Jon first before apologizing.

yGaZtcR.png
    Wasn't sure if Jon would accept at first, but he eventually did.

lYTdTQm.png
    Whoa! Nik! Well, that's not scary at all eh? hehe Would freak me out, but Jon and Cale look unimpressed. I guess Nik hadn't left afterall.

mm2LMHm.png
    The trio had a pleasant conversation during which Cale and Nik became friends. He was already friends with Jon.

XqCBK15.png
    Jon had to go. Cale took this as an opportunity to 'complain about parents' to Nik. Guessing his step-Dad at least. Nik seems to be a Sim others gravitate toward to tell their problems. He must be a good listener, has good advice or perhaps they just think he's wise since he's seen it all after living for 100s of years. Love that handsome vamp so much! <3

dOvjbRh.png
    Either Nik just had to go so Cale decided to box, or Nik gave him the advice to work out his feelings about his step-Dad on the punching bag. Realistically? The first thing, but in my heart, it's the second.

gTR9Zq9.png
    It's around 3:30 a.m. at this point and everyone except Cale and Melody has left the gym. Cale went over to have a chat and get to know her. When Melody sped away soon after, I sent him back home just before 5 so he wouldn't miss the harvest for his garden.

yIVK91B.png
    Cale used Super Sell on his garden and then tended to the plants.

cyEUL0w.png
    After that, he immediately wanted to 'troll teh forums' again. Ugh! I had an idea about that though I hoped would work. I enabled the flirty emotion on all those photos of the girls he's romanced to see if he would do something different when flirty. What did he do?

kiGEHqb.png
    His queue said, 'inspect garden.' I've never seen that before. Apparently he'd missed watering a plant. After that it was back to the usual stuff. *sigh* Soooo, I sent him to the park in hopes he'd meet more new people there.

T8I03ia.png
    Unfortunately, all it did was make him angry for some reason. I guess he really, REALLY wanted to 'troll teh forums.' He started running away from the park instead of going on the lot. Why? He had an image of a trashcan in his queue that said, 'kick.' Greaaaaat! Well before I knew it, I got a loading screen. What!? Is he going to kick a trash can on another lot or something? No, what really was happening is I wasn't paying attention to the time. He'd went to school. o.O By the time I realized that fact, the school day was half over already so I just let him attend for the day.

WMqVZE6.png
    Take a good look, probably the only time you'll ever see Cale in a school uniform. He doesn't look too bad in it, but not his style at all. Poor guy was mortified too from a mood swing in addition to being extremely tired. I just had to show his face for that mood swing, it' made me laugh way too hard. HAHA! Sorry Cale...

However, he did get a school project to do to make a rocket. I think he'll get programming skills if I have him do it, so I probably will. We'll see... He doesn't need the simoleans. Cale has over 100K now. It's going to be tough figuring out a reason why he ends up with nothing again next month with that kind of cash. Wish me luck! hehe

There was only two hours left until it had been 24 hours of full autonomy, but Cale was too tired and embarrassed to do anything so I just sent him to bed. I think I'll take full autonomy off again. The things he does with it are just a waste of time. If he did anything productive, it would be different. Ah well... I guess once a micromanager, always a micromanager. *shrugs*

For Cale's day tomorrow, I plan to have him meet up with Aaron and go Snowboarding! Should be fun!

Comments/replies coming up next! Hope y'all had a fantastic day/night! <3
    @Carebear92
    poor Kiyoshi! Hopefully he isn't to heart broken and they can make a long distance relationship work.

@Karababy52
    I've found if you micromanage a bit, but with autonomy on , they queue slightly more interesting things randomly. If that helps xD but hilarious that he just wanted to make himself angry with forums.
    @lilypadmeulin
    It has taken me forever to actually catch up to everyone's stories since I started late, not even noticing that there was another thread for days. I'm sorry Selena is getting bullied, she's a lovely sim and I'm rooting for her!

@Llandros2012
    I've been spending today catching up on all of the stories I've missed. Almost a full month into the challenge xD I have to say that you made some excellent progress right from the start! "Lugging the cooler up the mountain was no picnic" really tickled me. No picnic, but it contains one! Also, I'm so impressed with how fast you made it up the Mountain. I'm really slow at learning how to do stuff in the game, and also not just taking a million screenshots as I play. I'm hoping Velma, my sim, actually gets to know Aldo soon. He seems like a good sim. :]

@RememberJoy
    Adam is a really cute-looking sim and I'm rather sad that I haven't had Velma really encounter him in my game yet. But now on to comments as I'm finally getting around to actually reading his story. I'm so behind. xD
    I'm for sure going to have to figure out how to incorporate the fact that a couple sims in the challenge are dating Kaori. I'm quite enjoying your story. Adam seems really sweet, rather like I expected. I love it :D
    Side note: when he feels like he's being watched when he's ordering climbing equipment. Is there actually someone outside behind a pole or something? Or am I imagining things? It was rather hard to tell.

Jan 27th - Blog Post: The Other Teens.
    NXxSRmS.png
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    Jan 24 - Just Another Day

PRACTICE-PRACTICE-PRACTICE.png
    Another school day, and then Drama Club. And today in Drama Club, the students were performing their final play.

drama-club-popup.png
    happy-principal.png

And Dylan performs in the musical "Songs Of My Happy Cat", which was a great success and the Principal was very happy. In fact, Dylan did so well, he got a promotion to Junior Artiste, and was presented with a Drama Club Accolade Award for his performance in the musical. Congratulations!
    promoted-to-junior-artiste.png
    drama-club-accolate.png
    drama-club-award-dylan.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I was feeling pretty great at having won an award in the Drama Club and being at the top of that career. And now, I was done with Drama Club. Maybe that was a good thing, so I wouldn't have to practice any more romantic scenes with anyone, and possibly give them the wrong idea.

GRAFTING-A-PLANT.png

I tended my garden when I got home and even spliced some plants together. I had found a potato and planted that, too.

I had called Kaori and we were meeting briefly at the Hazakuru Lounge. I wanted to tell her the news about the mountain excursion. I could have just texted her, but I wanted to tell her in person. We had both been so busy at school, that I hadn't had a chance to tell her yet. But the real reason was that I missed her and just wanted to see her again.

I was pretty excited and had left the house in my drama outfit. On the way, I saw Kaori's Grandfather. Oh gee! What was he doing here?

I took a deep breath, "Sul Sul! Mr. Nishidake."

and-dylan-meets-that-old-geezer-who-mocks-his-outfit.png

Shigeru: "YOU? Why are you here blocking the path? And what kind of clothes are you wearing? DOKE! (translation: Get out of my way!)" And Shigeru briskly walked past me muttering something under his breath.

what-have-i-ever-done-to-this-guy.png

[Note: Shigeru actually mocked Dylan's outfit!]

I just looked after him shaking my head and then went back to the house to change, "I'm not sure why he hates me so much...unless...unless...he somehow knows about my past. But I am sure if he did, he would have said something at the dinner on Sunday. I just have to try harder to win him over, for Kaori's sake."

Now changed, I headed to the Hazakura Lounge. I didn't have to wait long until Kaori showed up.

are-you-doing-alright-kaori.png

She looked a bit sad, "Kaori, are you alright?"

Kaori: "Yes, I just have a lot of homework lately, and I have been going to the rock climbing gym with Kado every night. In fact, last night I completed the hardest endurance climb, and Kado said I was now an experienced climber. I miss seeing you there..."

i-wish-we-were-going-together-the-firt-time-but-it-will-work-out.png

I took Kaori's hands in mine, "I miss you, too, but I am taking a few days off from the gym to rest. I...well...I have some exciting news! Kiyoshi and I are heading on the mountain excursion together!"

Kaori: "You and Kiyoshi are going? When?"

im-going-on-the-trek-kaori.png

Dylan: "Yes! We're going to meet at the gondola at 6am this Friday...."

Kaori: "Oh...this Friday? So soon?"

when-is-this-happening.png

Dylan: "Yes, it's a school holiday and we thought we would do it over the weekend, so we wouldn't have to rush."

Kaori: "I think that's great, Dylan. I'm so happy for you...I just wish...I just wish I was going with you and Kiyoshi on Friday. It's so unfair that Kiyoshi is allowed to go and I am not..."

and-then-the-following-weekend-we-can-go.png

Dylan: "Kaori, it's alright. The best thing is that after I go on the trip with Kiyoshi, I will have climbed the mountain. I will have experience, and then your Grandfather won't have any objections to my leading a mountain excursion with you!"

Kaori smiled widely, "Oh, Dylan...I hadn't thought of that. Oh you're right!"

Dylan: "And then when I get back, we can plan a mountain excursion together...maybe a few weeks afterwards. And then we will make the climb together, Kaori, Just you and I."

Kaori smiled at me then, "Oh Dylan...yes...I would like that so much... "

cheek-kiss-kaori.png

I kissed Kaori gently on the cheek and bid her good night. She seemed in a better mood when she left, and I think I was smiling watching her walk away.

I heard a voice behind me. It was Kiyoshi.

Dylan: "Hey bro! It's almost the big day! You ready?"

hey-bro-are-we-all-set-for-friday.png

Kiyoshi: "Oh, yes I am psyched! I am heading to the mountain for some snowboarding practice tomorrow night but it won't be too late. I want to get a good night's rest for the big day on Friday. I'm all packed! My father even loaned me his digital camera so we can take some epic photos!"

We chatted some more and then Kiyoshi had to go home. I headed in the lounge and thought that I would play piano for some tips. Those bills on Monday had taken a chuck out of my savings, so, yeah, I needed some simoleons. I was now getting $16 simoleon tips.

NOW-TIPS-ARE-15-SIMOLEONS.png

As I finished a song, I got a call from Bella Goth. Wow! I hadn't heard from her in awhile. She had called to ask me a rather strange question, and I told her that perhaps she and her husband should decide.

another-message-from-bella.png
    BABY-ANSWER.png

Okay, that was so weird.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Spotted in the Neighborhood:

A few challenge sims were spotted in the neighborhood! Adam, Cale, Lucy, Velma and Robin. Woot! Busy night! @miss_eulenauge @Karababy52 @permanentrose @RememberJoy @Shadami

adam-in-the-hood.png

cale-in-the-hood.png

Lucy-in-the-hood.png

velma-in-town.png

robin-out-riding-her-bike.png
    edited January 2022
    @permanentrose
    Thanks! Oh yeah, one day there will be fireworks at his house and I don't mean in bed or because it's Independence Day. hehe Yeah, I don't understand why objectives that have already been accomplished don't count further on in this aspiration. Some aspirations they do, but not all for some reason. Nope, teen pregnancies turned off. Ellu and I decided Cale & Sean would have to wait until a YA to start trying for 100 nooboos. ;) Weird hoping they get hurt eh? hehe Kind of a bizarre aspiration goal to have in my opinion. Oh well...

Thanks about Jan. 25th's daily post pic, I love it! :) Yes, thank goodness! Once I put them in SE, they immediately started to show up. It is kind of weird now, especially the guys who are all mega pumped up. I'm going to update all of them though so they don't look so thin anymore. :)

Finally got both finished! Whew! I did do Sightseer second last year too. It's just so easy, I wanted to get the tough one out of the way first. :) Somehow the sneakers worked for him, but I really wouldn't have minded barefeet either. hehe Hmmm, that's a good idea for Robin! Yeah, I'd do that too if you can't think of anything else. I'm guessing it'll still be there since it's always cold on the mountain. You're welcome, good luck to Robin! :)

Cale! So fun seeing him in your daily post pic with Robin! Oh man, what a strange but hilarious encounter with Ophelia. hehe Taking a selfie when you're mesmerized? Priceless! hehe Ophelia looked so confused. Ooo, she brought him home from school, that's cool. :) They went hiking together, oh I love that! I'm so glad they had a chance to bond in your game too. Thanks for making me smile. :)

@LegacySims2017
    Congrats to DJ for getting another promotion! Go DJ! Good idea taking some insect repellent with him on his hike. Cale did the same thing. Very cool the forest spirits gave him a Simmi! All Cale's ever gotten is simoleans and a natural gift. Whatever that is. Checked his inventory and there was nothing new in there. Weird...

Oh yeah, I had Cale running all over the place eh? Oh yeah, I remember now you showed it in one of your updates. But you didn't say how he did it! hehe Fun finding out the way I did though. It was a nice surprise. Hmm, that's true. Maybe you'll appreciate the change of seasons more as a result, yes!

@SoulGal7
    o.O A thoroughbred stallion? hehe Sounds like she was flirting with him to me. Well now, got some romantic interest out of that 'romantic scene.' I don't think that's supposed to happen. It didn't when Essa practiced with Frank or Josh or any of her costars either for that matter. I'm guessing it's a glitch/bug. HAHA! It always cracks me up when Sims look so shocked over the passionate kiss. Even those that have been together for years or married. I bet Dylan is a great kisser with those full pouty lips! ;)

Sweet DJ went skiing with him. Great screenshots of Dylan on the slopes! Oh cool, Congrats on collecting all the Simmis!

Congrats to Dylan on his Drama Club promotion and the Accolades Award! Wow, great job Dylan! Oh, so now he's done with it? Well that's cool. :) Oh man, I know Kaori's Grandfather only has her best interests in mind at heart, but wow, why does he have to be so rude to Dylan? So sweet with Dylan and Kaori at the lounge. She was so excited when he told her his plans for going with Kyoshi and why! Kyoshi seemed very excited too! Nice that he's getting some great tips now for playing piano. Wow, you had so many challenge Sims show up, very cool! Cale looks so different with that hairstyle to me though. hehe Not bad, just different. Love that challenge Sims are showing up in mine now too! :)

@afai1261
    Pfft, are you kidding me? Of course I remember Lonnie, how could I forget that hunky vamp! You're welcome, it's true! Love all your Sims, but your males are something special. :) Awww man, I hope she shows up soon for Hunter! Way before DSV anyway. Yep, that's about all you can do short of playing them on their own lot to increase it. Before I got UI Cheats that's what I did. It was absolutely perfect having them say 'I love you' on the mountain top. It seriously teared me up. So sweet! I wondered if you had originally planned to have their first kiss on the mountain top.

Okay, cool, I'll buff him up and give him Level 10 in snowboarding. He's going to so show-up Cale when they go snowboarding now. hehe Well, Cale's Level 7 now, but still. Oh good, thanks for letting me know I did okay with Aaron's dialogue. :)

I agree! I love that one eyebrow raised look. hehe Love the ludicrous slope! I don't blame you for taking tons of pics with Aaron snowboarding down it, I do the same with Cale. Can't help it! :D Oh, yep, there is a special sentiment Sims get if they kiss on the bridge during the Festival of Lights. Really makes for a very pretty and romantic screenshot too with the lanterns floating down the river behind them. :)

Great hike the two of them had, except for Hunter's argument with Morgyn. Aaron helped take his mind off of it though. Nice that they saw Selena, Kyoshi and Robin and invited Robin to the gym with them. How is it I JUST noticed that Hunter has pointy ears? Sheesh, I need to be more observant. Great pics at the gym and snowboarding! Especially love the first one when he's giving you a side-eye. :) Absolutely gorgeous, gorgeous shots of him airborne too! Ouch! I'm surprised they don't break any bones when they fall like that. Probably would in real life, maybe? Love the sun rays shining on the shrine and I love that last pic of Aaron listening for an echo. hehe The look on his face is priceless!

@Shadami
    No worries, everyone gets busy, real life always comes first. I'm just glad you're doing the challenge. Sweet of you to try to catch up by reading our stories. Thanks about Cale's story. I had fun creating it, it is very tragic though. It was tough trying to think of something that would make him mean but still, likeable? If that makes sense. Writing that and then re-reading to edit it, almost made me cry. I'm happy to hear it touched you, quite a compliment. Thank you!

Aww, that's so sweet! I'm so happy for you and your boyfriend, glad he makes you feel that way. :) Yup, he and Joel finally made it to the top! I know I haven't been commenting on Velma's story, but I have read every entry and tried to remember to give them a like so you know I read it. :) So funny how you said Velma is not aware of Cale's reputation. I guess that's a good thing eh? ;)

I had full autonomy on for a long time for Cale, but I was getting so tired of him running off to get water or troll the forums constantly. Seriously, that was all he wanted to do! The most interesting thing he did with full autonomy was act tough with Wynter, the food vendor that doesn't like him. Every single time he was at the Onsen he tried to shower too and he very, very rarely even needed one. Silly boy! Sheesh! So anyway, that's why I turned full autonomy off. I wanted to keep it on as a challenge for myself, but meh. Maybe I'll turn it on again at some point, we'll see... :)
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-jan26.jpg
    January 26: Never Stop Doing What You Love!
    After school, D.J. headed to the Mt. Komorebi Gym. Although he completed the mountain excursion like he wanted to, he enjoyed the thrill of climbing. And he could safely do it at the gym by himself. He had a couple flashbacks of when he was on the excursion, especially hanging on for his life. But he still had the smile on his face. Hopefully he could climb the mountain again another when he really was more experienced and bring along friends.

dj-01-184.jpg
    dj-01-185.jpg
    dj-01-186.jpg

After work, D.J. noticed his mailbox door open and there was an envelope inside. The envelope had no name to it except for the word "Occupant". It was from the Mt. Komorebi town council. Opening the envelope was an official looking letter inside. It read, "Dear Occupant. It has been brought to our attention you are illegally living on land you do not own. We are giving you five days to vacate the premises. If you still reside on the property after the five days are up, you will be forcefully removed, fined, and possible jail time."

dj-01-187.jpg
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    January 27th Comments:

@SoulGal7
    Robin gives Dylan a wooden horse gift stating he looks like a stallion (first sign of flirting), then he asks her to help him practice some romance scenes (taken as flirting back)...and ya wonder why these two have a romantic connection right now? :joy: Dylan didn't mean I am sure, but Robin took it like he was flirting back I bet. Yay for Dylan and D.J. skiing together. And fun that you collected all the Simmies. D.J. has seven so far.
    Looking forward to seeing pictures of Dylan and Kiyoshi's mountain excursion! Should be a lot of fun.

@afai1261
    Very cool snowboarding shots. D.J. has 0 skills in snowboarding. Not sure why I passed on it. I guess I liked him skiing and rock climbing more. Careful with Flirty Robin. She might give someone a wooden horse if they tend to look beefy. (See my response to @SoulGal7 above this one! :joy:

@permanentrose
    It did look like Ophelia was indecisive. Glad she took the better route and didn't drink her plasma. Yay for Challenge Sims friends. I have Robin living on Sulani in my gameplay. I think she enjoys it there better and rather not visit Mt. Komorebi in the wintertime right now. :joy:

@RememberJoy
    Funny, but poor Adam for falling asleep on the hiking path.

@Carebear92
    Poor Savannah. She'll eventually be skilled enough for that mountain excursion. I'm sure Kiyoshi will go with her again. Keep your head up, Savannah!
    Hopefully Kiyoshi will want to come visit Savannah in Windenburg or even call her and invite her to hang out back at Mt. Komorebi for a bit.

@Shadami
    D.J.'s journal writing is just the beginning! :wink:
    I like how you gave a little piece about each Challenge Sim and where they are at in Velma's life.

@Karababy52
    Poor Cale on full autonomy. It's like he wants to be angry when he's in full control. :joy: Sims lives really aren't all that special on their own. More importantly when they are on their own. I find that a Sim is better in a public area when on full autonomy. Still a little bland, but they will try and interact with others somehow.

Because I am playing a Sim day per real day, I'm not going to be using the go back to nothing simoleons each month. What I am going to do is when it's time to move to another World, he'll take personal belongings he wants to keep and then leave the Lot and not sell anything for profit. So, for instance, the little outhouse he has will remain when he leaves. I'll end up deleting it, but he won't make any money off from it. He will keep simoleons he already has in the household account. Next month, I am going to use the greenhouse idea you have now and helped suggest for D.J. When the month is over, again, I'll just leave the greenhouse there and when he moves, he'll not sell anything. Only simoleons he'll move with are the ones already in the household income. I mean, in 26 days, he's only made 8.2k in simoleons (I am keeping track). That's not a lot. Now, if I was playing a daily image but my gameplay was days or weeks like many are here, I would definitely go ahead and cash him out to zero as I know I could easily get him big money (fishing, crafting, etc.). What I will do as well as we get further into the year, is force D.J. to spend the money he is making so at the end of the month, his household funds won't be rich.
    I thought it was neat that the forest spirits gave him a Simmi. Sadly, it was one he already had. So he sold it and made 100 simoleons from it. He received double of what it costs from the vending machine, not bad.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    edited April 2023
    January 28
    j6JZcOhG_o.jpg
    Aaron continued down the hiking trail, taking a quick break to check the map as this trail was entirely new to him. He crossed the bridge and made his way to a small clearing. Ah, of course. There was that climbing wall. Although he had already successfully completed the climb up Mount Komorebi, he still wanted to see if he could climb it. Thinking about it, he didn't want to give up rock climbing. It was what had given him the confidence he needed to be himself in the world. He clambered up to the top and pumped his fist in victory. Maybe he and Hunter could do the mountain excursion again sometime. That would be fun. The only obstacle would of course be Hunter's uncle... The man had an uncanny knack for just turning up wherever Aaron and Hunter happened to be, be it the park or the gym. About the only place he didn't was the onsen, strangely enough.

When he got home to freshen up, get dinner and make arrangements to take Hunter out somewhere, he was astounded but happy to see him waiting for him on his front porch. But Hunter was angry, grumbling about how annoying his uncle was, and Aaron felt slightly awful even though Hunter continually reassured him it wasn't his fault, he just needed to vent. Aaron tried his best to calm him down and reflected on his own tendency to be hot headed, and how little things, little tiny stupid things, would set him off. It was how he'd made the rash decision to come to Mount Komorebi in the first place. Just a build up of little things, that all combined into one big thing. But now, he'd been able to make a life for himself in Mount Komorebi, with a wonderful boyfriend... "Do you want to sleep here tonight?" he asked Hunter. "I mean, if you'd rather not return to your uncle, who I expect is even more angry..."
    Hunter sighed, then perked up at Aaron's offer. "Yeah, I'd love to."

Aaron grabbed a plate of fish tacos and tried to eat them quietly as Hunter got into his bed. He wondered briefly why he wasn't using that handy meditation, then surmised that he wanted to be next to Aaron, sleep with him, perhaps even be comforted by him, other than just do that thing and call it a night. Maybe it kept him feeling human... At that thought, Aaron realised, for the first time, that he, the human, would age and die while Hunter, the vampire, remained youthful and handsome, and he quickly put down the plate before he dropped it and placed his hands on the counter to steady himself. Oh. OH. He swallowed a load of bile and the dinner that was threatening to make a reappearance and resolved to not think about it - so, naturally, he thought about it. Crap, crap, crap. He finished the last bite of his taco then and washed it down with some water. Was that a headache he felt? He glanced over at his boyfriend, now tucked up and sleeping soundly, and padded over, sliding into bed next to him and cuddling him close.

The next day was a school day, and as Aaron tried to get through his schoolwork he couldn't get the thought of his own mortality out of his head. He headed out to take on the slopes again to distract himself, getting a few perfect runs in. Thoughts of Hunter and how his relationship with his uncle had deteriorated invaded his mind. Maybe there was somewhere else they could go... Maybe Hunter knew a good place, that Morgan wouldn't follow them to. Aaron ached for Hunter to live with him - the boy was over all the time anyway, and this also meant he could play with Yoshi more. He loved that dog. A girl he had met ages ago, Morgan Fyres, was from a place called Windenburg. Maybe that was the place to start... He decided to discuss it with Hunter. He suddenly frowned. Why did Morgan Fyres and Hunter's uncle look so similar??? And why did they have the same name???

~~~
    QX3NIIG.png
    OBH7SuJ.png
    PZnz5xk.png
    AZqcjY7.png
    DNuD4jO.png
    tPqCOyZ.png

nd0lDEW.png
    QsZniLm.png
    7nlqhmL.png
    JUmTiRH.png
    (Side note: Hunter actually was angry, I don't know what about but it did fuel the story of his 'feud' with his uncle ;) Plus he actually did just get into Aaron's bed randomly - good storytelling fodder lol)
    O0baM4c.png
    gWtCkq5.png
    CX1yRBo.png
    (The cuddling in bed is from a mod: https://www.patreon.com/posts/bed-cuddle-v1c-1-56395235 )

7FbFGRr.png
    XpbyY93.png
    ju81liT.png
    xehDMtV.png

Good grief finishing this aspiration is killing me lol. Plus I've played really far ahead so chances are he will finish the aspiration in game by February 1, but I won't get it out as an update until like 2 days later (the stuff in this update is from January 25, and I haven't played since January 26)...
    Soooo I might just put a bunch of screenshots here with his progress and no 'story' attached to them so my posts can catch up with my actual gameplay, if that makes sense haha.
    vUKBn1X.png
    ESc2DGB.png
    WHY does the foam look so bad omg (but that's tick one for a wildlife attack, finally)

He was feeling angry so I sent him off to the gym. I noticed that his muscles were beginning to atrophy because he's not using the rock wall every day, and I don't want him to return to his original fitness state so I've decided I'll continue to have him do workouts and stuff
    rcUz18w.png

Off to the onsen and...
    4S6QeK9.png

Hey Robin, your mother used to do this all the time, you wanna join in? ;):joy:
    wf77Oay.png

Also peep Robin's muscles lol
    SBvXSGM.png

More snowboarding... He did finally get level 8 from this set of screenshots though, so that just leaves the wildlife attacks and doing sport in inclement weather for the aspiration to be finished :) BUT it is currently summer in my game and I have no idea if summer even gets inclement weather... sigh
    drZX7T0.png
    S8dG9x8.png

And of course he's still visiting Hunter
    Z2U33fw.png
    uPaJ41Z.png

And Morgan is still a stalker in the park...
    193il83.png

7bl9ywA.png

Ooh, maybe Dylan likes Keisha?
    0bRrC4h.png

Also spotted at the park: Adam,
    e4gppuA.png

Aldo,
    hTX9z7a.png

and Lucy :smiley:
    9nvPYEO.png

Sorry this update was a bit all over the place haha, I didn't want it to get too long but at the same time I still have a bit to do before February...

January 28

9ooidoa.jpg
    No bugs when she went on a hike in this neighborhood.
    tKeRXK6.png

Oh hello there. Mayor Whiskers is such a distinguished gentleman.
    cWkvRiP.png

Dylan and Selena were at the gym too. @SoulGal7 and @lilypadmeulin
    G0d1rmw.png

And then in the other neighborhood, finally some luck. (Thanks for the tips @Karababy52!)
    kxn5bCF.jpg

Oof.
    V9bN5V1.jpg

Glad she had the spray with her!
    C4GKHPr.jpg

She got two more attacks easily and finished the aspiration, yay!

Just a short update, been super busy. I'm hoping I can do a bit of story telling over the next three days since I want to have a bit of narrative going for her move. It will be nice since she's done with her aspirations. She hasn't maxed out the skiing or rock climbing skill either - I'll file those away for her to work on if she has some free time later this year.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    January 28th: Triumph!

riraGm6.png
    So I played an extra day yesterday working on getting Adam's mountain climbing skill up as well as a few other skills (he's now maxed cooking by only making fruit salads :D ).

Today we were going to do it, make it to the top and earn a gold plaque! I met Kaori on the mountain at 4am and conditions were calm and clear this time!
    KWWdK71.png
    We got up the first face without incident and headed to the second.
    sjnlfHQ.png
    I rested in the tent again, but this time Kaori joined me and didn't forge ahead.
    pkS3R1g.png
    When we emerged an hour later, the sky had clouded over and it had begun to snow. We stopped on the swinging bridge and admired the beautiful scenery...
    WIG3ZEj.png
    the snow was nice too.
    Despite the snow, we both made it up the second face and continued on. On the last leg of our journey we emerged from the clouds into a beautiful sunny day. I stopped to light a fire and Kaori and I snuggled up by it for a bit.
    d1SgMIE.png
    Now it was onto the final challenge! I was able to climb up it courageously this time while Kaori followed a little more cautiously.
    ED7HSZK.png
    Success!
    riraGm6.png
    We hiked the last little bit and we were once again at the top! But something was different. I could have sworn there was nothing up here the last time, but now there was a hotspring and warming house.
    3VkWwPL.png
    Maybe we took a wrong turn? Well, we weren't going to look a gift horse in the mouth! We showered in the warming house and climbed right in, ahh that felt good.
    8bRbC42.png
    ukzbN0t.png
    It was still afternoon when we returned home, so I stopped and bought some icecream from the children's festival before heading to the walking trails.
    m1DbAFd.png
    I did the scenic loop, eyes peeled for those nasty bugs, but I only had a nice encounter with some fireflies and what the locals call a kodama.
    lb09ifW.png
    lFP6ilr.png
    n8pg3Qb.png
    I returned home feeling very fortunate and happy.
    Everyone is doing so awesome as month one wraps up! I know I've got a bit longer since I'm going til Feb 10th, but it's so exciting to see!!

@LegacySims2017
    Side Note: Playing today's gaming session and I decided I needed to have velma socialize more. grabbed some of her lowest but relationships but still at least can see the bar to go to the festival of snow with. She's been dreamily staring at DJ the entire time. xD
    @Karababy52
    she's completely oblivious to most social things as she's been so focused on skills and getting money. XD so Cale's reputation has been missed. I've been relaxing and playing today and he's called her three times already to hang out. XD
    I'm going to try to be keeping up with stories now that I'm caught up. And I now have a proper table of contents to my blog as well in my signature. Whoo!

@afai1261
    ooooo interesting way to lead into changing locations. I'm excited to see where the story heads for Aaron and Hunter!

@permanentrose
    wooo for getting those bugs out of the way!

@RememberJoy
    nice update for Adam I think. :) Grats on gold!!
    January - Day 28: "Snow Bros!"

X8039Bd.png

Notes
    Mpysd6R.png
    Cale met Aaron at the top of the lifts the next day to go snowboarding together. However, there was a raging blizzard going on. It was snowing so hard, it was tough to see anything farther than a few yards. Aaron was concerned for Cale's safety and wanted to be cautious. He thought perhaps they should consider postponing for another day. However, Cale was all for throwing caution to the wind and going ahead with their plans today.

"Are you sure you're ready for this? The weather's pretty awful today. Not the best for a rookie's first time run. I'll warn you, it's probably icy and very slippery. Maybe it would be best if you at least took the easy slope instead of the intermediate."
    "Nah, I've read some skill books and besides I love a challenge. Go hard or go home, right?"

nVymLJd.png
    "I knew I liked you for a reason. You've got some pretty big balls to say that."
    "Ohhh yeahhh!"
    "Alright then, let's doooooo this!"

Ycc4lhu.png
    "SNOW BROS FOR LIFE!"

gxNQjHZ.png
    "Ooof! Careful, slick spot."
    "Where? I can hardly even see you."
    "It's right--"

2w9O0MJ.png
    "Ahhhh!" *ow*
    "--there."
    "This is crazy!"
    "Yup, we are two wild and crazy guys!" Cale said doing his best Steve Martin impression.
    Aaron had no idea what the heck Cale was talking about, but it did make him laugh. Shaking his head at Cale, he rolled his eyes and headed for the intermediate slope with Cale right behind him cracking a string of jokes.

gJbYDCq.png
    Aaron is truly the master at snowboarding! The tricks he did were incredible, they had Cale's jaw all but dragging in the snow as he watched until the other teen disappeared from sight in the blizzard. It was snowing so hard, if the lift house at the bottom of the slopes hadn't been lit up, it would be virtually invisible.

vSKEmxR.png
    I am so sorry @afai1261. I cheated Aaron's Snowboarding skill to Level 10, but I neglected to give him a snowboard! o.O Opps! He's using the crappy loaner board. Doesn't matter though, he was still fantastic!

EYp2m1x.png
    ouO29eT.png
    Never saw this before, he's got snow stuck on his legs! It looks so cool in my opinion. Aaron's quite the bad butt on a snowboard!

nl3r9xv.png
    Here we go, Cale's first snowboarding ramp attempt.

iisFBwo.png
    Is he supposed to look like that? Looks like he's skiing with invisible poles. hehe

EVXHiMo.png
    What a hot dog eh? He shouldn't be that good just from reading a book. I love it though and wondered how he'd do having never set foot on a snowboard before.

y9v8cVi.png
    qUu4SPq.png
    Congratulations Cale, you stuck every landing and stopped yourself without falling. You should be proud! Especially your first time in this kind of weather. In fact, the only time either one of them fell was at the top of the slope before they even got started.

W2lWjZo.png
    Are you okay Aaron?
    (Yeah, my hands are a little cold though.)
    Gah! You're not wearing gloves! Sorry Aaron, I didn't notice or I would've given you some.
    (It's okay, but maybe just one more run and then warm up at the Onsen?)

5bgcxgS.png
    (Yeah, I agree. Don't want him to get frostbite and it is pretty freakin' cold out here.)
    Alright, you got it! One more run and done.

LRaE5yj.png
    Aaron went first and waited at the bottom for Cale. Great job Aaron, you're magnificent!

jtTpkSH.png
    Either Aaron was standing too close, or Cale was just being a hot dog when he slid right up to Aaron's feet, throwing some snow on his boots! It's a good thing he didn't fall, or he'd probably have knocked him down.

Uh, Aaron, what are you looking at? I'm cracking up here! It sure looks like he's checking out Cale's butt! hehe Well, you did say he found Cale attractive in your game. ;)

kwIWR6Y.png
    THIS cracked me up too! They're both still wearing the snowboard boots while showering. They kept them on in the Onsen as well!

hhENngb.png
    "Hana? Who's Hana? Hmmm...OH! That's right, the pretty blond erratic chick with chocolate eyes. Yeah! Boy was she wild in bed."
    "Wow Cale, just how many girls have you been with you can't remember all their names?"

dWoeClJ.png
    "Ehehe A few...okay, more than a few , but hey, I DID remember her name."

d3dAlIW.png
    "What're you going to do if they find out about each other?"
    "Mmm, I'm not too worried about it. Hasn't happened yet. Or if it did, they don't seem to care."

JXDZ8ee.png
    "But hopefully any that do care, won't find out, Watcher willing!"
    "I don't know how you do it. You know they will, then none of them will want you anymore. Why not just stick to one?"

jU7OFPT.png
    "Tsk, what fun is that?"
    "It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt."

51gx1Am.png
    "Oh come on, we're all just having some fun. I'm young, I'm not ready to settle down with just one lady. Why should I? There's lots of ladies in the worlds just looking for a good time like I am. I've never made any promises to any of them. They know the score."
    "Hmm, maybe. But how do you know that for sure?"

jx9qcP3.png
    "You know how girls talk to each other, brag and tell their secrets. Just like guys do. One of them even walked right in my house because she'd heard about my reputation. She didn't break in to steal anything but a little lovin' and that's just what she got. What they all get. I can't help myself. It's like...like when you go to one of those smorgasbord buffet type restaurants and there's all that food to choose from. Nobody just takes one thing and walks away satisfied, right?"
    "Hmm, I suppose."
    "I'd rather just find the right one, my soulmate, but that's just me."
    "Hey, maybe I will find my soulmate too. When I do, I'll stop. But for now. I'm having a ton of fun and a lot of woo hoo and they're all satisfied too. Don't worry, nobody's complaining or getting hurt. If one wants more than a good time? Bye Bye Baby...unless she's the one, of course."
    "I just hope when you do find the one that you can stay with and be loyal to that you recognize her among the sea of faces and bodies. Good luck with that Cale."
    "Yeah... I do too."

WNwEYsn.png
    Cale and Aaron soon got out of the hot springs after chatting a bit longer. It was getting late and Aaron had school in the morning. They said their goodbyes with a hip bump exclamation point of excitement over the great time they'd had that day. Despite the bad weather.

b6uaTIP.png
    "Bye Aaron, I had a lot of fun today. I hope you did too. Did your hands warm up?"
    "I had fun too! Yeah, mostly, see?" Aaron stuck his hands down the neck of Cale's shirt to prove it.
    "Yup, nice and warm. Okay, see you soon, call me when you have some free time to hang out."
    "I will, and Cale?"
    "Yeah,?"
    "I'm glad we're friends."
    "Me too!"

I apologize for the length of this update. I took so many screenshots it was tough deciding which ones would end up on the cutting room floor. o.O Anyway, comments/replies coming up next! Hope y'all had a magnificent day/night! <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top