Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CELEBRATE BIG BRAZILIAN CARNAVAL ENERGY WITH PABLLO VITTAR

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited January 2022
    I wondered who Pabllo Vittar was so I googled it and looked at the images.

I wish I hadn't.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Nice outfits, but I wish they'd stop with this "Celeb xy inspires the bland masses to express themselves, yay for the celeb who frees the minds of the otherwise lost" marketing already.

Agreed. No disrespectful to anyone who likes influencers, celebrity or otherwise, but it's a trend that baffles me. I wouldn't even know where to start with such things, and I don't think is really to my taste. I don't have or want any of the kits at present but there are other subjects that would fit my game much better, for example history or fantasy.

Oh, hey, a historical or fantasy (or sci-fi) kit would be my dream. Any era - heck, a pack for every era would be welcome (medieval, Roman, Greek, 1920's, Victorian...). I would buy that so fast my fingers would hurt from hitting the keyboard so hard.
  • theemaskedsimmertheemaskedsimmer Posts: 63 Member
    I need that watermelon top ASAP
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    My only real familiarity with Carnival was the Mardi Gras celebration in New Orleans. I was aware of other world wide celebrations but didn't know much about them. When I started searching for a quiz for my giveaway I found a lot of interesting info about Carnival around the world.

This is a pretty good reference for anyone else interested in what Carnival is all about.

The Origins and History of Carnival – The World’s Oldest Party!
    https://www.carnivaland.net/origin-history-carnival-worlds-oldest-party/
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    Isharell wrote: »
    Nice outfits, but I wish they'd stop with this "Celeb xy inspires the bland masses to express themselves, yay for the celeb who frees the minds of the otherwise lost" marketing already.

Agreed. No disrespectful to anyone who likes influencers, celebrity or otherwise, but it's a trend that baffles me. I wouldn't even know where to start with such things, and I don't think is really to my taste. I don't have or want any of the kits at present but there are other subjects that would fit my game much better, for example history or fantasy.

Oh, hey, a historical or fantasy (or sci-fi) kit would be my dream. Any era - heck, a pack for every era would be welcome (medieval, Roman, Greek, 1920's, Victorian...). I would buy that so fast my fingers would hurt from hitting the keyboard so hard.

Same! But of course, I'm hoping content like that will come in larger packs down the line.
    #Team Occult
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Same! But of course, I'm hoping content like that will come in larger packs down the line.

Yes, definitely. GPs or EPs would be ideal but who knows if we'll get any of it.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    My only real familiarity with Carnival was the Mardi Gras celebration in New Orleans. I was aware of other world wide celebrations but didn't know much about them. When I started searching for a quiz for my giveaway I found a lot of interesting info about Carnival around the world.

This is a pretty good reference for anyone else interested in what Carnival is all about.

The Origins and History of Carnival – The World’s Oldest Party!
    https://www.carnivaland.net/origin-history-carnival-worlds-oldest-party/

I wasn't planning to enter the competition but I took the quiz for fun anyway. Most of the traditions were brand new to me but I now want to try that drink caribou. I like whisky and I like red wine but I've never had them together!
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited January 2022

What about a Queen Victoria celebrity collab?
    Prudery and lace are the latest hits. Bustles and crinolines for day. Top hats to top them all. Slay Queen (but don't slay too hard, you might faint from over overlaced corset). And don't you dare enjoy woohoo, just lay there and think of Simland.

The Crumplebottoms would approve.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,141 Member
    bixters wrote: »

Prudery and lace are the latest hits. Bustles and crinolines for day. Top hats to top them all. Slay Queen (but don't slay too hard, you might faint from over overlaced corset). And don't you dare enjoy woohoo, just lay there and think of Simland.

Well, if they would do a collab with Bernadette Banner or Karolina Żebrowska, both are experts of 19th century fashion and are running very entertaining youtube channels, this would be really the first kit, I consider to buy on release day.
    bixters wrote: »

Queen Victoria actually did enjoy woohoo though, she just hated being pregnant.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Not even going Google who in the world this person they partnered with. I am so beyond bored of this. What audience is this geared toward? It is just another CAS kit. Waiting for an exciting gameplay focused kit or actual fixes to some of the bugged gameplay features already in the game.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Not even going Google who in the world this person they partnered with. I am so beyond bored of this. What audience is this geared toward? It is just another CAS kit. Waiting for an exciting gameplay focused kit or actual fixes to some of the bugged gameplay features already in the game.

I googled him and really liked some of the outfits I saw him wearing but if I link them I am sure I will get banned. Has a very strong Madonna vibe. :smiley:
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    @crocobaura

Don't really like Madonna either, so a male looking like that just means bad impression all around. Not getting a positive impression of the last few CAS
    focused kits.

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    There are many South American Simmers so it's right they get some more colourful clothes and accessories they like. I'll wait and see more before I decide to buy or not.
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    edited January 2022
    I'd really love to see some traditional male clothes in the next kit. I enjoy the colorful femme clothing for men, though.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,827 Member
    edited January 2022
    Pabllo Vittar 2019

Oi8dCXM.png

Time magazine on Thursday named a top Brazilian drag queen and LGBT+ advocate as one of 10 young people “changing the world” in its biannual list.

Pabllo Vittar, a 24-year-old Brazilian drag pop singer, was included alongside other rising stars from around the world such as rapper Stormzy in Time’s roster of “Next Generation Leaders.”

Vittar “has established herself as someone to watch on many fronts...using her platform as a musical star to demand equality for LGBT communities in Brazil and beyond,” the US magazine said.

The drag performer, who identifies as gay and genderfluid, has become something of an internet sensation in recent years, racking up half a billion Spotify streams and a billion YouTube views as well as garnering nine million Instagram followers.

Vittar has also collaborated with major international artists like Charli XCX and Major Lazer, whose popular song “Sua Cara” featuring Vittar was nominated for a Latin Grammy award last year - a first for a drag artist.

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/lifestyle/content/711299/brazilian-drag-queen-makes-time-magazine-s-next-generation-leaders-list/story/

• OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited January 2022
    Someone posted the items in the kit on twitter so I wanted to share it here :)

FKDUIKi-VIAAbdbx.jpg

Personally I've been negative about this pack from the start (and kits as a whole) but looking at the items... Honestly, I might cave and buy a kit :D I love tropical stuff, Island Living is my favorite pack and I always play in Sulani and love the clothes that come with that pack, and all of this stuff just looks like it would mesh perfectly. Especially want these items for my sims:

favs.png
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    I agree with your "I'd want these" list @onverser.

Plus I'd add 4 more items to it even (the last 3 in the middle row and the glasses). I just hope that top with all the colorful stripes has a few different pattern/color variations. Like the cut of it, but not the stripes.

It certainly looks like this will be a buy for me, and I haven't bought most of the kits that are CAS-only. Thanks for sharing the images!
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Thanks for sharing what comes with the kit @Onverser! I don't normally view sneak peaks of upcoming items because I like to discover everything on my own, but since I was sorta on the fence about this kit (because I'm not overly fond of bright clothing or colors in general), this helps me decide. I don't see anything that I would use on my male sims, and they are the ones that need clothes the most. And some of the female clothing is quite similar to some CC that I have.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    Onverser wrote: »

FKDUIKi-VIAAbdbx.jpg

Personally I've been negative about this pack from the start (and kits as a whole) but looking at the items... Honestly, I might cave and buy a kit :D I love tropical stuff, Island Living is my favorite pack and I always play in Sulani and love the clothes that come with that pack, and all of this stuff just looks like it would mesh perfectly. Especially want these items for my sims:

favs.png

Thanks for posting this! 🤗👍
    Oh, wow! I actually love a lot of pieces, and my sibling will love this a lot. Will get this sometime, after we get more info about the game pack.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,845 Member
    No masks?

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I wondered who Pabllo Vittar was so I googled it and looked at the images.

I wish I hadn't.

I think they look very good.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,941 Member
    edited January 2022

FKDUIKi-VIAAbdbx.jpg

okay I'll react to this in order:

makeup: meh its too similar to mac ones i also don't use just not my vibe i guess it is the theme tho and maybe one could adjust it but idk

wing jewellery its cute i like it id probably use earrings more than necklace and bracelet cause idk thats what i do but sure add a set while at it

long dress I loooove id probably have my sulani sims wear it all the time :love:

next outfit meh like i get what its doing but idk meh. the top shape probably looks uncomfy

okay these male outfits kinda cute i could probably use them somewhere

I literally have these shorts in the game and i don't even use the existing ones

yeah these shorts also meh

love + love could see using these a lot and yusss at least one of them exists in black

these shirts are kinda cute too hmm

NOOOO WHY SEQUIN BIKINI IS PAIRED WITH SKIRT NOOOOOOOO those items would have been so useful separated :bawling: i mean this swatch cute but NOOOO

this is kinda sad too i like the top but bottoms is meh but i guess those what do you call them belt thingies is why

skirts meh i just don't like tummy exposé so I don't think id use them much

rainbow top also not something id use a lot because highneck and croptop sounds very impractical to my northern brain and it would bother me tho i guess if i had bottoms to close the tummy cap and theres some fun other swatches... hmm maybe

glasses and sequin dress nice aight i could see those being used in my game if sequin one exists in black it could be new dress for dina caliente if not maybe for nina :lol: one track mind

again shorts? unless they have cool patterns meh it exists they should have probably used the patterned swatch for catalog if it exists cause ill never find them this way

love this top its pretty

and sequin croptop well sure go ahead id use it less but i could probably use it somewhere with something eh

nails is probably nice addition too sure why not
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,941 Member
    edited January 2022
    actually you know what that mesh top is kinda giving me this but made actually hot :lol: its probably the colors
    MTS_joninmobile-899645-ClubKidTwoPieces.jpg
    man i miss nightlife cas nonsense
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member

FKDUIKi-VIAAbdbx.jpg

Ok here’s where I stand: seeing some of those tops and outfits showcased on female frames soothes my caveman brain. Simple as that. I assume this means that they’re tagged as female clothing instead of male? I can’t tell anymore.
    Although I have nothing against dudes wearing sequin dresses and bikinis ( I’ve partied with many men in drag) the team’s drag race inspired marketing strategy for this pack - or any pack for that matter- doesn’t do a lot for me. I’m still trying to get over the previous dude kit. 😅

Being given this relatively clear overview of pack items however, I can suddenly imagine myself using a variety of them on my more eccentric “fortune teller” sims. I have a few ladies who wouldn’t be opposed to wearing a bunch of these glittery items…

That top with the crystals on it - bottom row, 3rd from right - it’s kind of mesmerizing isn’t it? It’s drawing me in for some mysterious reason. I can almost hear the soft jingle jangle of those beads and experience the faint smell of sweet perfume...
    *Oddball Alert*.
    Anyway, I’d like more stuff like that, including headgear and full outfit dresses. More things with beads & crystals!
    I also noticed claws. Claws are good. I’m just very curious about the rest of the swatches.

And indeed, where are the masks? With a mask for a kit icon I’m going to expect at least a teeny weeny mask in there?!
    Grumble.