Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch Today January 25

13...Next

Comments

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »
    What happened to bug fixes? Five... In two months... And they're not even big fixes :#

Either they are planning a giant overhaul of the whole code and everything else must wait ... or the game is broken and they don't know what to do.

At this point they must be retraining everyone who's supposed to be fixing bugs to make kits instead since that's all that seems to be getting worked on these days

Oh yes, can't mess with the money train.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Melisendre wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    My sim got an alarm on their phone. Is this new? I don't remember seeing this before.

7VmuEGI.png
    It's been there since City Living but it's not basegame I believe.

Base game Stylist career uses it.
  • IObelleIObelle Posts: 136 Member
    I wonder what was changed with sims animations around july 2021. Because since then the animations when using several objects has been broken. I guess it's hard to fix as it's taking them so long... They can't just be ignoring it, right?
    There Are No Plantsims In The Sims 4
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Wow, this patch was underwhelming. :/
    It seems like the Sims team keeps adding on to their list of promises, and then never follows through with them. Or they just do a half-decent job.

What have they promised this past year that still isn't finished?
    1. Neighborhood Stories- Not even 25% finished, still in the starting phases.
    2. Townie Revamp- Barely even started, still on concept art despite being announced last spring/summer...
    3. Pronouns- Not ready for game yet.
    4. Pack Refreshes- We got one, where are these other refreshes?
    5. Simulation Lag- Still researching problem, with no solutions yet.
    6. Various bugs- well, hardly any bugs were squashed this time around. And whatever happened to those Laundry Lists?

Not to mention the long list of things that players want that they haven't mentioned. Babies, cars, attraction system, better aspirations/ traits.

Unless this game goes on for another 5 years, I doubt Maxis can possibly finish any of this before the game ends with the slow rate they're going.
    Come on EA, time to open your purse strings, just a little!
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,497 Member
    -sigh- That is an incredibly small list of bug fixes... I'm really disappointed.

At least the gurus have fun :)

I want to know what they're smoking. :open_mouth: I'm sitting here, finally no longer having problems with the Accolades Show and now I have to stall my rollback (lost all the pictures I took during yesterday's gameplay) because I have to move my Mods folder out. Face/palm. Again, two steps forward and another step backward. I'll never catch up at this rate. Gr.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    Give them a break, ;). Sims 4 is a multiplayer game shell that was not meant to be single player. It was not meant to be patched like this either.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    RionAgrias wrote: »
    Give them a break, ;). Sims 4 is a multiplayer game shell that was not meant to be single player. It was not meant to be patched like this either.

True. I'm surprised they able to salvage anything from Project Olympus. I watched a video from Plumbella, and it looked incredibly bare bones to me. It probably would have killed the series if they had released it like that.

But at the same time, they charge $60 for it (when not on sale), and claim it is a "live service" game.
    If it were really live service at this point, we'd be getting more bug fixes and more substantial base game updates (a new swatch for a base game item doesn't cut it).

• MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    Plumbella's video explained a lot for me. I didn't know that before. And now I'm scared for a Sim 5 multiplayer and if that happens again.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    edited February 2022
    Did anyone else get the GIANT survey after opening the game? It took half an hour and I got a 5 € coupon afterwards. So yay, the kit is for free.

Questions were mainly about playing the game online with friends/alone to flee from realitiy.

I'm utterly disappointed. Today I tried to redeem my code but it failed. I contacted the customer service via chat. The employee didn't understand me well and gave me the advice to contact my retailer with the faulty code (the code was of course directly from EA). Then the chat was interrupted.

I tried to call the customer service via telephone. This time the lady was very nice and understood me a little bit better. Just at the moment when she began to give me an advice the call was interrupted and the line was dead.

Really EA?
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,319 EA Community Manager
    Did anyone else get the GIANT survey after opening the game? It took half an hour and I got a 5 € coupon afterwards. So yay, the kit is for free.

Questions were mainly about playing the game online with friends/alone to flee from realitiy.

I'm utterly disappointed. Today I tried to redeem my code but it failed. I contacted the customer service via chat. The employee didn't understand me well and gave me the advice to contact my retailer with the faulty code (the code was of course directly from EA). Then the chat was interrupted.

I tried to call the customer service via telephone. This time the lady was very nice and understood me a little bit better. Just at the moment when she began to give me an advice the call was interrupted and the line was dead.

Really EA?

Sorry to hear it. Could you provide me with the full error you got when redeeming the code please?
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
    Thank you for your help :)

The error notice is in German and it's always different. Currently it says (under redeem product code) "Your order could not be completed. Please try again later."

On my EA Wallet page it says "An error occurred while processing your request. Please contact Origin Customer Service."

The chat employee said the code doesn't exist.
    Gotcha, and this happens on both Origin.com as well as the Origin/EA Desktop app?
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
    Yes indeed. I even tried to type the code manually but it doesn't work. After finishing the survey last week I had copied the code and put it into a word document. I wanted to redeem it today to buy the kit.
    Ah! It's a coupon code - try adding something to your cart and then using it in the "Promo code" section of checkout and let me know if it throws the same error :)
    edited February 2022
    Oh! My! God! It worked! I got the kit! Your are my hero. I apologize for my rant, but on the other hand this procedure was not really obvious :D
    No apology needed, I'm just glad we were able to get it sorted for you.

Sorry for the confusion!