Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Plan on Buying Paralives vs TS5?

Comments

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    Other
    Oh, nice!!! 😀👍 (I went to vote on Twitter for second question.)

On the one hand, I’m glad they are asking for feedback about how to do Generations-like stuff. On the other hand, they still haven’t done it yet? Like….When is this game even coming out, then?

I’m waiting to see how this turns out. I want to see the actual animations, models, and gameplay previews of how the children and younger stages work before I think of getting this game. Family play is essential for me.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    Like….When is this game even coming out, then?

I give it another 2-3 years. Maybe.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Other
    Like….When is this game even coming out, then?

I give it another 2-3 years. Maybe.

Ah, so it will take some time, then. Plenty of time for me to keep playing the Sims and other video games, hehe! 🙂👍
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    Oh, nice!!! 😀👍 (I went to vote on Twitter for second question.)

On the one hand, I’m glad they are asking for feedback about how to do Generations-like stuff. On the other hand, they still haven’t done it yet? Like….When is this game even coming out, then?

I’m waiting to see how this turns out. I want to see the actual animations, models, and gameplay previews of how the children and younger stages work before I think of getting this game. Family play is essential for me.

Well they did have to do a big slide pack with PAM last year due to legal reasons. But everyone wants someone different with generations and interactions. And there's also the cultural side of stuff.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2022
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Well the time has come what many have been waiting for...

Current Status - January 2022 (soon!)
    - Improving the Paramaker, adding more features and fixing bugs
    - Adding body and face shapes for the adult human model
    - Designing and implementing the animation system and its mod support
    - Creating more character animations
    - Working on the musical direction and soundtrack of the game
    - Brainstorming and designing different aspects of the game

Looks like Paramaker is being cleaned up and the work for live mode begins.

You do know this is what they have said every month and posted every month since before 2021 don't you? I had screen shots to prove it month after month but recently deleted them because I needed to clean up my pc.
    Well I'm not really seeing what you say your seeing last year list alone I see what they say they have worked as they showed the masterpiece Paramaker and a 11 minute build mode video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW3fgFTQCxU

Now you say they have claimed to work on live mode prior to 2021 here's what I see no need to save it on a folder it's all on their website one of these were worked on June 2020 the day and night cycle and October 2020 they said they made some basic live mode animations which we got to see the animations like Sebastion taking his shoes off when entering the house, they never claimed anything more prior to this.

- New live mode feature: day and night cycle changing with seasons (we have seen this it looked so nice)
    - Live mode: created some new basic animations

I think you may have misunderstood what I wrote. I have said each month the 'category' called Next Steps will say something like pathfinding, interactions, gameplay etc. This has been the same thing month after month for over a year. They never actually get to the 'Next Steps'. It is always pushed back (down at the bottom of their development page) month after month. Next Steps will be actual live mode gameplay necessities and disciplines...they never get to that part of development. And notice they don't have any developer they have named world builder like Maxis uses. None of the people on their team have any discipline in building worlds. Maxis actually has devs who do that and nothing else. (or did).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Other
    The hope for Paralives grows for me, considering how Sims 4 seems not to develop any more.
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited January 2022
    Other
    Well theres always Little Sim World, very different from both Paralives and Sims 4 but still an interesting possibility.

Although having said that, its also still in development but doesn't seem hugely more complex than something like Citampi Stories, which is an actual game in release.

ED more thoughts
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • GemSixxGemSixx Posts: 144 Member
    Other
    I will just have to wait and see. I will possibly buy both, but only when they're on sale because that's how I buy all games. Also keeping my eye on Alterlife. My hope is that all 3 will release around the same time. I'm also hoping competition will make the Sims better. Before they've had no reason to try to be better, they are the only game (of this genre) in town. Maybe, just maybe, competition will make them step up and strive to be the best life sim on the market. Instead of being the only life sim on the market with no motivation to be better.

Completely done with EA

• haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Other
    I have heard of Paralives, but haven't followed the development actively. I checked where it is going now and still don't like the graphics, but the character creation looks pretty cool. There should be some awesome gameplay for me to get interested in it though. And the same goes for The Sims 5. I'm not going to buy anything at release and maybe not even later. I'll wait and see and play my old games.
  • DenimChloeDenimChloe Posts: 58 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    I plan to buy both if The Sims 5 doesn't end up being online. I've been following Paralives a lot and I'm excited for the game, I will definitely be buying that when it comes out. I've heard next to nothing about The Sims 5 though, so far. We shall see, but for right now, I just bought two new (to me) packs for Sims 4 and will be playing that game for the time being while I wait.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/scs241/rod_humble_of_paradox_tectonic_confirms_life/

It seems like Paradox Tectonic might announce something later this year, which could be a new life sim. They announced the studio about 3 years ago, so if they're ready to reveal their project maybe it's approaching beta?
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/scs241/rod_humble_of_paradox_tectonic_confirms_life/

It seems like Paradox Tectonic might announce something later this year, which could be a new life sim. They announced the studio about 3 years ago, so if they're ready to reveal their project maybe it's approaching beta?

That would be awesome, even if it's not going to be released for awhile, news of any kind for upcoming life sim games would get me excited. Unlike the closed lips of some developers who won't even confirm they are indeed working on a new game.
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    I'll get both. Sims 4 has been great fun for many years for me. I haven't regretted buying any of the Sims franchise to be honest.
    Paralives looks like it might be interesting enough to take a gamble on it. What I have seen so far, I like.

This is quite a different situation to Sim City 5 and Cities: Skylines. Skylines blew SimCity out of the water in almost every aspect. With Paralives versus Sims 5, the differences might be a lot more nuanced. It doesn't help that EA is keeping such a tight lid on Sims 5 though. Stoke that hype machine, EA!
    edited February 2022
    Good News hopeful wishers, They have finally started listing they are working on live mode core systems....they have now removed the 'Next Steps' from the development page. Let's all shout Yay! Finally, we might get some sneek peeks at live mode this year....maybe....

(Copied from their development page the Current Status)..finally. No longer do I have to look at their page and wonder when Next Steps (interactions, animations, pathfinding) will ever begin work. :p And I will just add my personal thought, let's hope they show as much dedication to Live Mode core systems as Alex did for Buildmode.

NOW
    Current Status - February 2022
    ➡️ Brainstorming and designing the live mode core systems: interactions, animations, pathfinding
    ➡️ Improving the Paramaker, adding more features and fixing bugs
    ➡️ Adding body and face shapes for the adult human model
    ➡️ Designing and implementing the animation system and its mod support
    ➡️ Creating more character animations
    ➡️ Working on the musical direction and soundtrack of the game
    ➡️ Brainstorming and designing different aspects of the game
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited February 2022
    Well, that's a nice, smooth spinning animation, however, I wish they hadn't spent time on it. It's a Sim thing to spin around to change clothes but I think a lot of Simmers wouldn't mind if we just move on to clothes changes just fading onto the Sim rather than time spent on spinning around.
    Take note of that request Maxis/TS5. ETA: I can't remember which game allows the character's clothes to be changed by just fading, I have played so many different titles in my life, I want to say it was The Sims..but that can't be right).

ETA: I hope no one takes my skeptical attitude of late too seriously. I would like a new game, just like people love to buy a new car, or a new cell phone and or move to a new house... It's the same difference, however, I get afraid sometimes this might not really be a game (because I want one so much, lol) because Alex is an old hand at doing demonstrations with what is possible with the Unity engine. When I remember that, it makes me fretful that maybe all of this is just a bunch of demonstrations showing off the Unity engine and not really a real game in progress.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
  • GemSixxGemSixx Posts: 144 Member
    Other

From a dev in the comments of their latest dev update on Steam:
    "Paralives will have free content updates after release and might have DLCs but few of them. We're not sure yet what additional content would offer yet, we'll discuss that later in development. Players will also be able to share their custom content and mods through the Steam Workshop."

I did not think I could get more excited about this game, but that did it for me. I <3 indie games!

Completely done with EA

GemSixx wrote: »
    From a dev in the comments of their latest dev update on Steam:
    "Paralives will have free content updates after release and might have DLCs but few of them. We're not sure yet what additional content would offer yet, we'll discuss that later in development. Players will also be able to share their custom content and mods through the Steam Workshop."

I did not think I could get more excited about this game, but that did it for me. I <3 indie games!

Yes, if you watch the chair video of how to make one, we will be able to do that sort of stuff, too, supposedly, and add the things we make and can share them with others. That's going to be a lot of cc. lol It's one of the reasons this game is going to take a very long time to complete, I assume, is because they make sure every little thing they do will be able to be created (almost all) by players. That's a lot of mod support.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    I plan to buy both.
    Paralives is a definite purchase for me, but I will also keep playing Sims games. I don't restrict myself to thinking in terms of "one or the other"...Just like TS3 and TS4 are different enough, each with their own points which are better or worse than the other, I expect Paralives to also be.

One thing Paralives has already indicated is that it isn't going to get a bunch of downloadable content (i.e. game packs) from the developers, which I take to mean we're not going to see regular additions to what the game offers in terms of new gameplay. Long term, that's going to be a pretty big downside. But the upside is going to be the workshop support for player made "stuff", and that's a big upside.

So yah. I'll still play both.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
    Paralives won't need a lot of DLC (cough, cough) if they live up to all they have listed and promised to be in the game. I remain skeptical about that long laundry list of promises they put in writing on their site. :o
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited February 2022
    I plan to buy both.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Paralives won't need a lot of DLC (cough, cough) if they live up to all they have listed and promised to be in the game. I remain skeptical about that long laundry list of promises they put in writing on their site. :o

Yah, same here. But in regards to failing to live up to promises, the same can be said for the Sims games too...and it's gotten worse (imo) with each iteration of the game :lol:
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    I'm getting Paralives, even if the final version doesn't live out all the promises, I want to support the creation of more live sims.

On the other hand, I'll be holding a wait and see attitude towards The Sims 5 because I'm afraid of what they're planning to do with online compatibility and my expectations about a big studio like EA are way higher than an indie developer.
    Happy simming!
  • TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    I'm going to buy Paralives and leave Sims forever IF it's as good as I'm hoping.

So glad there's competition out there! It might make EA think about how they go about creating the next generation of sims.

Spot on, my sentiments exactly! It really is a travesty how the sims have flushed down the proverbial toilet, because the sims 2 game and community was by far the strongest, largest and friendliest of all. Sims 3 I spent most of my time in the gift gathering where we also had a fab community and love to shower those around us with store content as well as ep's, sp's and worlds, but 4's community is the worst ever sadly. 2 was simply love all around and brought me and my husband of 14 years together back in 2006, so it truly breaks my heart to see this franchise die. I still have and play my sims 2, 3 and 4 now, but when paralives comes, I will be pre-ordering for the first time in years literally and I am a proud patreon ;)
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png
  • TnT_TerryTnT_Terry Posts: 6,629 Member
    I'm going to buy Paralives and Paradox Tectonic's game as soon as they are released because they'll be new and I'm very curious about them. Artstyle isn't as important as gameplay and I want to see how much depth and flexibility they have to customize them into my own playstyle. I'm going to wait with how TS5 turns out and how much of it is online as opposed to singleplayer (do you have to play multiplayer side to get new things for example) and if it is subscription based (automatic no).

Wait a minute, do you know something I don't know? I thought Paradox was a hoax, I mean I followed it for a good while and then there was absolutely nothing. PM me please and I can then connect with you on FB.
    I own every basegame, EP, GP, SP and kits for all sims, ie.., sims 1, 2, 3 and 4
    I am a sims 3 Store Owner Thanks to all my Amazing friends here, and I do own all store stuff from sims 2 as well!

gjmdPt7.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top