Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding Pack Coming?

Comments

• VyollaVyolla Posts: 77 Member
    :( ..Oh well.
    Looks like the kit has a couple of cute CAS items. But not sure if I'll get it. Probably wait on that. I'd prefer the Game-pack.
  • ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    Love is dead, confirmed.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Reedfish wrote: »
    Love is dead, confirmed.

What you say?!!
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Love is dead, confirmed.

Return of the earworm: What is love?
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Expecting love, but only finding betrayal and heartbreak. Now you understand how I feel every day.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited January 2022
    Daravi wrote: »
    Love is dead, confirmed.

Oh Baby don't hurt me...
    Don't hurt me...
    No more :bawling:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Love is dead, confirmed.

Oh Baby don't hurt me...
    Don't hurt me...
    No more :bawling:

Give me a sign ...
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

Looks like another pass for me.
    Love is dead, confirmed.

Where is love? When is love?
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Why is love?
  • BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    She looks more mermaid than any of my mermaids!
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    How is love?

A wedding? I love weddings. Drinks all around!
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Seems likely that this pack will be announced after the kit and released quickly before Valentines.. I don't trust it when they release packs very close to the announcement, it usually means they're trying to release something and get sales on the initial hype without giving people time to properly see the content and decide if it's worth the money
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited January 2022
    Onverser wrote: »
    Seems likely that this pack will be announced after the kit and released quickly before Valentines.. I don't trust it when they release packs very close to the announcement, it usually means they're trying to release something and get sales on the initial hype without giving people time to properly see the content and decide if it's worth the money

Yeah, I'm not fond of things being released quickly after they're announced, either. Not so much because of hype issues, but because I can't help wondering if it was rushed in some way (which could imply a less than ideal version of whatever's on offer). But I don't buy them right away if I'm not sure it's worth it. There's no penalty in waiting, after all. :)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Another week of waiting for the Gamepack Trailer. If they announce 1 week before release they won't have much time to push it eg A Livestream.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Remember the caveat. Let the buyer beware. Just because a pack is released doesn't mean anyone has to purchase it immediately. Having said that, I do think a lot of simmers are going to grab this pack on day one. If only because it's been 6 months since a pack release.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Remember the caveat. Let the buyer beware. Just because a pack is released doesn't mean anyone has to purchase it immediately. Having said that, I do think a lot of simmers are going to grab this pack on day one. If only because it's been 6 months since a pack release.

I wish they'd drop the trailer this week. I'm tired of waiting for info.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    What if it's not weddings, but something else related to love?
    crocobaura wrote: »
    The big hint they gave said 'throw a party for love', which could mean weddings, pride, singles events, or a raunchy woohoo-party.

The other hint they gave for the pack is 'I do', which really points to weddings, but could technically be the answer to 'Do you know the way to San Jose?', so I think the question is still open.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    The big hint they gave said 'throw a party for love', which could mean weddings, pride, singles events, or a raunchy woohoo-party.

The other hint they gave for the pack is 'I do', which really points to weddings, but could technically be the answer to 'Do you know the way to San Jose?', so I think the question is still open.

Technically we already have weddings in game. Would they need to add a pack dedicated to them? Maybe it's a carnival party.

People were also pointing out symbols of interlocked rings and big cakes in the confetti of the roadmap image. It is pointing to weddings, but still not confirmed obviously, and could be about other stuff too.
    I agree that there's nothing obvious to add to weddings, unless we're going to see a division between wedding reception and wedding ceremony. Maybe engagement parties or anniversaries. None of these sound like a game pack, though, so your guess is as good as mine.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    My guess is a combination of improved weddings (improved how? I don't know. Better AI for the guests and being able to actually style the couple and not have to make them change into a formal slot would be two I'd welcome) additional pre wedding events (wedding showers/bachelor(ette) parties) maybe a planned honeymoon (rather than having to "go on vacation" right away. I'd like being able to schedule vacations in general) and a new venue type for hosting weddings.

If we're lucky, we'll also get some ability to customize the wedding traditions a bit more, so that there can be some cultural variation. And if we're really lucky, there will be a new 4-6 lot neighborhood world, probably intended as a vacation/honeymoon/destination wedding type location.

Pre-pack patch will have an attraction system of some kind, and maybe some of the romantic interactions people have been asking for.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Remember the caveat. Let the buyer beware. Just because a pack is released doesn't mean anyone has to purchase it immediately.

Not necessarily players, but also reviewers. Oftentimes with quick releases game changers only have a few days to play with a pack before being expected to give reviews which is never a good thing as that's nowhere near enough time to give a proper verdict. (I know they can post them whenever, but there's pressure to have content ready for when the embargo lifts)
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I guess an interaction they can adapt to a wedding pack is ask for presents, which would move a starter home on