Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which animals do you like the most?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    In the game I like cats best, just like IRL. I haven't done much with rabbits and foxes yet.

In Sims 3 I liked the horses a lot because it was so much fun to just ride around the world. I would love to see horses in Sims 4 too because I think the neighbourhoods are big enough to make them worthwhile. I play RPGs sometimes, many of which include horses, and I honestly believe that Sims 3 did horses the best. The little dragons from the DLC world were a lot of fun too.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I use hamsters the most.
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    I usually make cats for my sims, mostly because I have cats myself. Morgyn's black cat, Smudge, is based on one of my outside kitties. My other one, Bitsy, is with another family in the game. My new indoor companion kitty, Mango, currently lives with Nalani.

I do love all of the wild animals that came with Cottage Living, though, and am looking for an excuse to recreate Harold the Llama from the trailers.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited January 2022
    I'm really loving the chickens! Perhaps because I always gave Erik Cantrell one of those very large birds in Sims3 for a pet. He didn't have much time, but the bird loved him anyway. Now, the only birds we tend to be able to have are chickens. His wife enjoys them also, and some of the Toddlers do, too. (He's currently got five Toddlers and an infant. Only two of the Toddlers are twins. Jamison, the twins, then Andrew and Peter, in order of birth.) Erik also was in the process of making friends with a wild bunny. He discovered the best gift for the bunny right off. How lucky was that? Before he could make any further progress on this relationship, the bunny died of old age. :open_mouth:

In another save I gave both a cow and a Llama to two different households, both households also had chickens. I loved both the cows and the Llamas, but let's face it, despite how well-treated these animals were, Llamas can be mean. One spit at my 6th great-grandmother! I will eventually get back to that game save (actually, I will start all over since it's been too long) and will once again play with Llamas and Cows.

For now, the chickens win! :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    @Ellandre

You missed the hamsters, rats, Pygmy hedgehog, and the Void critter in my first pet stuff. Several of my child sims have them as pets.

You also missed the insects from Outdoor retreat. Although you can’t pick them up or feed them ( they are like frogs in that way ) some of my sim children have them as pets.

I do wish they would make it where you can feed frogs and insects if you want to ( would be great if kids could get responsibility from it ). And, it would also be so cute if sims could hold them.

Oh, oh, the Void Critter bubala, bubalus, bubalis...I can't remember what it's called but I love it. And the dragonfly that's a tiny dragon! My god, dragons have been here the whole time! Does Gordy know?
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    You forgot the insects! ;)

My vote is for ALL OF THEM. ♥️♥️♥️
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Chickens and llamas! Sorry, but my favs come in pairs. :D

In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I want to say dogs because dogs are my favourite in real life but in game I think I prefer cats, the dogs as cute as they are are a bit to needy and the fact it takes like four hours for a short walk is just upsetting. :D

I generally love most animals, I wish we could have more of them.

I'll usually have a family member walk the dog when I'm focusing on a task for other Sims in the household. Gets them out of the way. Of course it doesn't work with single households.

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    edited January 2022
    LiELF wrote: »
    The Familiars! Do they count? :p

Okay then cats and llamas so far. The cats are done amazingly well this time around and I love them. 🥰 (I just wish they didn't get sick all the time or that there was a cheat to make them well because it's too much.)

@LiELF I love the familiars! They might be my favorite animal :blush:

It's almost a cheat: you can buy Wellness Treats at the vending machine at the vet. You can keep them in your inventory forever and can give them to a pet anytime. They make a pet instantly not sick.

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited January 2022
    Dragons

I just realized u probably meant ones in TS4 already... yeah idk in ts1 i always had my sims get dragons so :sweat_smile:

I should probably start introducing more pets to my sims lives actually now that i think of it

can't recall when my sims last owned dog or cat though it was kinda cute
    i just remember they get sick and then remember i need to make actual vet clinic first :sweat_smile:

cows and llamas i just mostly have problem with the shed being so big and im having trouble fitting it in with my earlier builds

i do like ones that i can easily fit in lot of places like rabbits and bird tree tho
    ive been more into visiting parks in game since i added them in

chickens are fun but ive been overusing them since CoL so :sweat_smile: starting to get tired of the loop

aaand dolphins i keep forgetting they exist huh yeah maybe i should hangout in sulani more

familiars just feel kinda like accessory more than a pet but i do have plan to use them more later with my magic related households

with "collectible" type animals im just kinda meh with like fish u cant even feed them clean tank whatever

bees are nice but idk why they always hate me

and bugs i havent tried cause even imagination makes me spooked

does vampire transforming into bat count as pet :lol:

oh or motherplant or cowplant!
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    I love the chickens the most, they are adorable and my grandparents had wild chickens so it takes me back to my childhood summers.

How about you? Which animals do you like the most in the game?

• Cats
    • Dogs
    • Raccoons
    • Kittens
    • Puppies
    • Chickens
    • Cows
    • Llamas
    • Bunnies
    • Fish
    • Foxes
    • Bees
    • Birds
    • Dolphins
    • Frogs

Let me know if I missed any!

Cats.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    It looks like I missed quite a few animals lol. I will add them.

I think the wellness treats from the vet really does help reduce the pets from getting sick, because mine don't get sick that much. I really like taking them to the vet though. I like all the vet animations. I remodeled my vet office. It's got a little cafe now and lots of vending machines.
  • Options
    BoujieSimmerBoujieSimmer Posts: 50 Member
    Dogs! Probably because I’m a dog-love irl lol
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Personally, I love birds. I have parakeets and am just saddened that we do not have that as a optional type of pet for our sims. I can't even make my sim family because it includes my pet birds.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I don't have the C&D pack because I always worried too much over the kitties in the game. I'm delighted with the bunnies - we have quite a lot of them in my neighbourhood, and I have to greet them every morning. And the llamas are adorable.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    ImDragoneImDragone Posts: 76 Member
    ~Already In Game~
    Cats
    Fish
    Foxes
    Rabbits
    Llamas
    Cows
    Chickens

I highly dislike dogs, personally. The two we have now jump on me, and scratch at me as they do so. And, they're really big, and reach toward my shoulders. And, the last dog I had betrayed me for treats. The one before that snapped and attacked someone from nowhere after years of being a good dog. So, I prefer to ignore dogs existing in my gameplay.

~Not In The Game That'd Be Great To Add~
    Fennec Foxes
    Servals
    Asian Leopard Cats
    Ponies
    Horses
    Geckos
    Iguanas
    Frogs
    Hamsters
    Guinea Pigs
    Angora Rabbits, & More Rabbits As Pets
    Mice
    Rats
    Goats
    Snakes
    Parrots Of Various Kinds, Including Lovebirds
    Dragonflies
    Butterflies
    Ants In Our Yards
    Termites In Our Homes, & Trees
    Carpet Beetles In Our Homes
    Flies & Maggots In Our Yards & Homes, not just our trashcans.
    Cockroaches In Our Homes, not just our trashcans.
    Lice for those with poor hygiene.
    Hornets & Wasps Around Our Pools
    Rodent Infestations as able to happen to any home.
  • Options
    The_Black_KnightThe_Black_Knight Posts: 9 New Member
    I love all the animals, but dogs are my favorite.