Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CELEBRATE BIG BRAZILIAN CARNAVAL ENERGY WITH PABLLO VITTAR

Comments

• Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    I just love the vibrant colors and fun styles shown here. I’m getting this kit on day 1 for sure. I like to dress my sims in exciting colorful outfits, ie the total opposite of what I’d wear irl. I rally hope they also upload the trailer sims into the gallery.looks like a fun bunch to add to my game.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    Which world is it?

a1zyvlst1vi9.png

It isn't Sulani because of water type and trees but it can't be Windenburg or Brindelton Bay because of palms. Magnolia Promenade, Willow Creek and Newcrest also don't match because there is no beach.

Oddly this was the main thing I noticed as it’s not a sims 4 world in the game at the moment.

@Sthenastia @netney52 @crocobaura Alice welcomes you to the beach in her Willow Creek neighborhood :) (Sage Estates, where the Spencer-Kim-Lewis family starts, Oakenstead is the other lot in that neighborhood)

sage-estates.png

• Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    Which world is it?

a1zyvlst1vi9.png

It isn't Sulani because of water type and trees but it can't be Windenburg or Brindelton Bay because of palms. Magnolia Promenade, Willow Creek and Newcrest also don't match because there is no beach.

Oddly this was the main thing I noticed as it’s not a sims 4 world in the game at the moment.

This was staged in Willow Creek near the Sage Estate. I just visited the area. It's not some new South American world.

• Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    I like the fishnet tops and that seafoam green dress. Quite a few items I do like but i'm going to wait and see the full lineup. Looking forward to the music tho!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Wait there's a Carnaval radio station???
    is the whole station coming free to basegame or just the single, and if just the single, do more songs come with the kit?

Radio stations would be a great idea for kits imho

Added in today's patch.
    Kap7Zr5.jpg

And I already bought the original version of 'Te Vi Na Rua'. It's such a good song.

I would just like to say that I love the new Carnival music channel they added. Hope they add more tracks in the future and add it as a preferred music style.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,284 Member
    edited January 2022
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    When the kit was first leaked, I wasn't very impressed by what I saw. With this second image being released, I see way more items I'm interested in.

I'm absolutely IN LOVE with that male romper! I've been trying to find a really nice Maxis Match romper for my boys, so this kit is actually going to take care of that for me. I really like everything I'm seeing in the second picture, so I think it's won me over.
  • Options
    SkyrryxSkyrryx Posts: 201 Member
    I like the colorful short overalls in the back. <3 I could see myself use somes of the clothes for the hot weather outfit.
    Thank you @83bienchen for modding the game. Whims Overhaul is essential for my gameplay.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Good news is that there seems to be nothing about this one that I actively dislike. Bad news is that there seems to be too little that I actively like to make it worth buying. :disappointed:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I will not get my hopes up at the wing shaped necklaces and earrings I will not get my hopes up at the wing shaped necklaces and earrings I will not get my hopes up at the wing shaped necklaces and earrings
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    This kit looks okay, to me. Still not sure if I need any of it. I am getting a bit tired of the trendy influencer tie ins to nearly everything.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    *Runs in without shoes on, donning ridiculous black and silver dragonscale sequined ensemble.*

Did someone say "Carnaval"? I didn't miss it did I?

*Peers intently at clothing styles.*

I think I see a great potential Mermaid dress! Love some of the shorts, and other pieces are kind of cute. Not bad at all. Does anything come in black?
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Wait there's a Carnaval radio station???
    is the whole station coming free to basegame or just the single, and if just the single, do more songs come with the kit?

Radio stations would be a great idea for kits imho

There is but it came in Today's Patch.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I like the look of most of the clothing, I will probably be getting this kit.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    My unpopular opinion -- radio stations need more than 5 songs.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Probably use this a lot more than the men's kit. :p

I do like colorful kits. Last ones been pretty neutral (i like neutral tones for some sims I have but they do get boring), so vibrant colors is a nice change of pace. Hoping those short, shorts are for women too because been dying for a shorter pair for just women.

I am loving the men's off the shoulder overralls back there.

Guess I'll use this for a lot of party and hot weather wear. That mesh cut off top is definitely like nothing I've seen in game.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I like some of the outfits, but not all of them, and I’m waiting for the game pack, so I may get this way later. That said, I do love having lots of colorful stuff. :smile:

I’m really more about the game pack, since I have plenty of CAS still to try out from other packs at the moment.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Just watched that quick video and looked at the pictures again. I like several of those sims, I hope they all get put on the gallery.

I am excited by how playful these fashions are and I honestly don't see anything I don't like. :D This is turning out to be a must-have kit!
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    Which world is it?

a1zyvlst1vi9.png

@Sthenastia @netney52 @crocobaura Alice welcomes you to the beach in her Willow Creek neighborhood :) (Sage Estates, where the Spencer-Kim-Lewis family starts, Oakenstead is the other lot in that neighborhood)

sage-estates.png

Thank you for this screenshot. Maybe one day we will receive a new world...
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Glad it isn't a kit with basic clothing. I get me fill of basics coming in GP/EX packs. I think kits are a good opportunity for everything out of the box and less mundane.

But I'm not going to buy this kit now but maybe later when I'm inspired by some gameplay. I'm burnt out by all the new set dressing with the same ol' sets. Bought 3 of the last kits, and they aren't inspiring me to play. I'll create a boutique and the sims just gather in one spot at the store all multitasking talking with everyone, it's pretty lame but the store looks great.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited January 2022
    Which world is it?

a1zyvlst1vi9.png

sage-estates.png

My apologies I have never seen this part of willow creek before as I hardly play in Willow Creek except for the Goths and the area of the starter homes but have never travelled to this area of the world so I've learnt something new about the game. FYI I love Alice's outfit.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited January 2022
    Nice outfits, but I wish they'd stop with this "Celeb xy inspires the bland masses to express themselves, yay for the celeb who frees the minds of the otherwise lost" marketing already.

Agreed. No disrespect to anyone who likes influencers, celebrity or otherwise, but it's a trend that baffles me. I wouldn't even know where to start with such things, and I don't think is really to my taste. I've never visited Brazil so I have no clue what carnaval is. When I was a kid there were a few local events around called carnivals. I remember standing near a relative's house watching floats drive past, with kids dressed up sitting on the top, but I don't know if those events were still a thing in recent years. I definitely don't remember seeing anything like that this side of the millennium.

I don't have or want any of the existing kits at present but there are other subjects that would fit my game much better, for example history or fantasy.
    Post edited by Mariefoxprice83 on
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.