Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What kind of player are you?

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited January 2022
    Grim Reaper's assistant
    I'll go with this one cause it sounds the coolest :lol:

I do plan many deathful tragedies yes.. :innocent:

but usually i just play premades and make up some stories for them and build some stuff to go with the story

wouldn't say im more than 10 generation player cause i havent gotten that far yet :lol: and my playstyle is equal parts occult and realism so thats not really it either

and yeah my sims woohoo but i don't think enough to call it serial woohoo

super sims? i have couple yeah but its not really what i aim to do
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    other
    My family's plum tree - my pride and joy

Stunning! :o<3

As for me I play realistically with generations. But I also have some vampires and wizards. :)
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • PlumbobiPlumbobi Posts: 95 Member
    real life enjoyer
    Not gonna lie, it completely depends on my mood. I flip from real-life enjoyer to serial woohoo to grims assistant and back again before I get through the loading screen LOL!!
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,634 Member
    other
    I selected “other”. The type of player I am is a storyteller. What I do in game depends on what best serves the story. I don’t play families for family’s sake, but do if it serves the bigger story. I don’t play romance for its own sake, either, but if it fits my story, I do. Sometimes my stories are more based in the natural and sometimes there are supernatural elements, but they are always larger than life.
  • mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    I just play. I don't have goals except short term. I rarely play careers. I don't try to replicate real life. I play for relaxation & enjoyment. If I'm not having fun I just move on.
  • aurorabeamaurorabeam Posts: 15 Member
    other
    I would also say that I'm a storyteller player, and therefore play out the specific story that I have in mind. Although I do love generations/family gameplay as well, my stories almost always end up with the sim I'm playing having kids at some point in time.
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,648 Member
    serial woohooer
    I tried playing family style a long time ago. Unfortunately, I found I had to micromanage every sim or their needs would go to 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Just too tedious for me and not fun.

I also can't resist the urge to change townies clothing.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    other
    Family player/domestic player mixed with occult player.

Edited to add:
    Basically, a domestic/family occult player, lol. (My occults have loved ones and families.)
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    real life enjoyer
    I chose this option because I love having my sims doing all the everyday stuff, cooking, cleaning, taking care of their animals, farm that is, that is the real life part. But then, my vampires and spellcasters have to do all that stuff too, so I guess you can say I'm on the fence. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    other
    Fantasy escapism
    I like to play stories that are not possible in real life, to escape real life limitations. Most of the time I enjoy telling every day lives of supernatural Sims. Occasionally I deviate a little into building, creating sims in CAS or even a supernatural supersim. But I always return to the fantasy element and playing a household in live mode.
  • LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    other
    I'm an extremely story-focused player. It's to the point where if I can't think of a way to continue it, I will not play the game. I need goals and "things to reach" and unfortunately, TS4 isn't very good at providing that. So I make up my own goals in the form of stories.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    more than ten generations player
    I always play a decades challenge and can make it from 1850's to present day in a couple of months of play.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    supersim creator
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    If I'm actually trying to play a game? Townie fashionista. Every time I see a townie... I have to give them a makeover.

I may have done that a time or two....
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    other
    I'm a player of:
    Historical
    Mythical
    Fantasy
    Fairy Tales
    Gothic
    Superheroes
    SiFi
    Futuristic
    :p
  • SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    other
    I had to select "other" as the meaning of these entries are very vague. Mostly, I build, but then a I usually make a family for each house I make and play them until I get the urge to build again. I'm not too serious with it, though.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • baniduhainebaniduhaine Posts: 33 Member
    Grim Reaper's assistant
    I reckon I tend to try and let my Sims do their own thing, so I tend to judge them for what happens while trying to respect autonomy as much as possible. I love occult gameplay, though, so chaos is inevitable (and a good thing, that it is).
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    other
    I am a worldbuilder, lose storyteller, normaloccultfamilylifelover, animalenthusiasticdogsandcatsadorer, reaperfan.
    I like to play pretty much every aspect of the game and build the world and sims in it.
    so yeah...boxing sand left and right.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    other
    I enjoy making different stories for my sims. I have different saves for different styles and play whichever one I am in the mood for. I enjoy playing families, exploring the different jobs/careers/traits etc. I have a separate save for occults/supernatural play. I enjoy playing stories from TV shows, movies and from my own imagination. I am thinking about several saves I want to start but am time limited right now, but already planning! I also enjoy building.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    real life enjoyer
    I'm a real life enjoyer aspiring to be a more than 10 generations player 😅
  • hiddengnomeshiddengnomes Posts: 21 Member
    more than ten generations player
    > @DoloresGrey said:
    > My family's plum tree - my pride and joy

That is an amazing family tree!!

> @EmmaVane said:
    > All of the above? I like to do a bit of everything and get the most out of all the content.

Ha! my thought's exactly, I do a little bit of everything
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    other
    Sometimes I build, sometimes I play. I can't be classed as a real world (real life) player, since most of my sims are single and so far nobody has kids. I play for enjoyment and escape, and real life is too stressful to introduce that into my game. I like wacky things in my game, and that includes occults.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    other
    I would describe my playstyle as some kind of world builder. I very much enjoy creating unique and interesting environments for my sims to live in or visit, and then continue to develop and change these environments as I see fit over time.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    edited January 2022
    builder
    I chose builder because I spend more than half my time building.

But the other half, I do all those things except supersim creator. I create Sims very rarely and mostly play with the descendants born in my game. I made the matriarch of my Sims 4 legacy family over 2 years ago.

In Sims 2 I extract my most recent Sim's appearance and use that to "create" a new Sim if needed. My current family line in that game goes back to 2015.

Edit: It just occurred to me that you may have meant supersim as in a Sim who is super, not a person who creates lots of cool Sims. In that case... I didn't do it as a goal, but I've had my matriarch in Sims 4 so long that it just happened. She earned the "most interesting Sim" badge for me awhile ago. I did have a genie Sim in Sims 3 that had every skill, but I did it just so she could always be in my Sim family and help them as needed. She was like a super nanny/housekeeper.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • DuckyQueenDuckyQueen Posts: 342 Member
    other
    I mainly do family gameplay but with a little bit of really weird thrown in
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    other
    a normal sims plyaers that think the sims4 should focus on real life as well s be fun
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(