Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• Carebear92Carebear92 Posts: 108 Member
    Jan 24
    Its the weekend, Savannah used the morning to read the Rock Climbing skill book since she had a rough time yesterday getting up the wall. After about an hour of reading she finally completed Tier 2 of her aspiration.h8hFCwa.png Savannah had several ideas what to use her simoleons for; expanding the house and a snowboard. She chose a snowboard over climbing gear for now because its cheaper, and she wants to try new things. yxcPek2.png She figured having her own snowboard will help improve her snowboarding skill. She tried medium and high intensity she did great for someone is just starting. Snowboarding is not the only skill she was working on today, 9wgXtCb.png she was also getting into painting for extra income for when she doesn't feel like playing piano. OMcowge.png Savannah got handiness skill also since things in her house decided they wanted to start breaking today. Lastly she did another awesome job and got herself another 10 simoleon raise and 1,285 simoleon bonus! Time to buy that rock climbing gear!

Table of Contents
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    @Shadami
    Shadami wrote: »
    afai1261 wrote: »
    @Shadami
    Shadami wrote: »
    @afai1261
    Oh my lord, Aaron has some muscles now! I was not expecting that. Also, he and Hunter are so precious together! I'm glad Hunter absolutely supports his transition and is fine with it and they get to be precious adorable soulmates together!!!
    Also, I am finally caught up. xD Only took me most of the month. Haha.

Side note. I skimmed some of the recent comments and saw "teen pregnancy" mentioned. and then got to the part where Aaron has only had top surgery. and then got to the shower scene and went :O Because I didn't read who'd had the teen pregnancy come up yet. xD just saw the words. and went. Do we get a Hunter-Aaron baby? I'm so embarrassed that I didn't read who the comments were from properly.
    Yeah I really wasn't expecting those muscles on Aaron either :joy: I love him with Hunter so much <3

I actually have Aaron set as infertile (can't get pregnant or get others pregnant) because I did not want a risky woohoo situation to happen and with my luck regarding risky woohoo, I swear it definitely would have happened - one of my sims got pregnant with risky woohoo set to 1% :D
    Afai spoiler reply
    Oh my goodness, that's absolutely wild!! I conveniently don't have mods on so my risky woohoo is turned off atm. but was doing a 100 baby challenge once and forgot that I had it on, and the matriarch definitely accidentally got pregnant twice by the same guy and I couldn't count the second pregnancy xD yay extra children? if I remember right... it was twins xD drastically slowing my challenge. lol

I didn't know there was an infertile option though? I guess I haven't messed with settings enough.
    I was so shocked when I saw, and I'm pretty sure I brought it upon myself because after they woohooed I was just like "what if she's pregnant" and then she was... I swear they planned it somehow, because her wife had the whim to try for baby and I was like NO :joy:
    I have so many risky woohoo mishaps and it's always set to 5% or 1%...

In the gender setting relating to pregnancy, there's options for 'can get others pregnant', 'can get pregnant' and 'neither'. Aaron is set to neither so is essentially infertile. I don't think my same sex MCCC settings override that. But I can just flag him for no offspring too.

@LegacySims2017
    @afai1261
    Did Aaron adopt Yoshi? And :joy: at the end with the spying eyes.
    Nah, he just makes sure that he plays with Yoshi every time he goes to Hunter's house, which is pretty often ;)
    I have no idea why Caleb was at the door but his expression was too good to not capture :joy:
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Jan 24th - Blog Post
    TLJEoMV.png

@afai1261
    I guess I forgot that neither was an option in there xD

@Carebear92
    Wow look at Savannah go with all the new skills! Very nice! :D
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    edited January 2022
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-jan22.jpg
    January 22: Ain't No Mountain High Enough!
    D.J. arrived at Enele and his family's home approximately at 6am as requested. Enele's wife, Nawai, was finishing up making breakfast. D.J. arrived just in time she mentioned to him. She invited him to sit with them and eat.

dj-01-150.jpg

Then it was time for the excursion. Enele and Nawai had everything packed and ready to go. Their son, Derumk, was going to experience the excursion the first time, like D.J. So both teenagers would be the light load and not carry anything.

The four set out and gathered at the first climb around 7:30am. Enele said he would climb first. Then Derumk and D.J. would follow with Nawai at the back. Both Enele and Nawai have climbed before, so it will be safer if the kids were in the middle during climbs. D.J. was pumped!

dj-01-151.jpg

Enele gathers them all together at the first trail map marker. He explains to D.J. and Derumk that that was the easiest portion and it'll only get harder.

dj-01-152.jpg

D.J was thankful he hiked a couple trails. Enele explains they would be walking a bit before the next climb. They walk for about an hour and a half. D.J.'s legs start to ache. They reach a bridge. Enele sets up a tent similar to the one D.J. has back down the mountain. He tells everyone to rest for about an hour.
    dj-01-153.jpg

The sky was turning gray and snow started to follow. Enele gathered everyone up and said that the snow is going to come down harder and they need to get a move on. At the next rock climb, it was the same order. This rock wall was much higher and with the snow blowing, was harder to see. He wished he brought goggles like Enele and Nawai did. It was soon his turn to climb. He took it slow and cautiously. He could hear Enele at the top giving some encouragement.

dj-01-155.jpg

Enele gathers everyone again at the next trail map marker. The snow was blowing hard. Enele wanted to keep everyone in a positive attitude. D.J's adrenaline was high. This was scary for him, but also exciting. Enele gives the next orders.

They did more hiking. But the hiking was not the normal hiking. It was mostly uphill. The higher one goes, the less air to breath there is. Enele tells them they don't have much further to go before they rest. D.J. was thankful. He was getting tired and was hungry. It was about noon when D.J. spied a cabin. Enele states they will rest here for a bit.

Enele starts a fire within the firepit and everyone gathers around to get warm.

dj-01-154.jpg

The cabin looked beautiful on the inside. Enele says it was built for mountain climbers to rest in before moving on. D.J. stood in awe. The length someone would go to and create a nice place like this on the mountain. Nawai brought some food along and started making lunch for everyone.

dj-01-156.jpg

Before the group headed back out, D.J. noticed a bunny outside the cabin and had to take a selfie with it.

dj-01-157.jpg

It was now around 3:30p when they hiked off to the next climb. This was even higher than the last one. As D.J. makes his climb, his foot slips and he begins to panic as he holds on for dear life. Enele shouts down that he'll be okay, just plant his foot somewhere. Easier said than done, D.J. thought, but he knew Enele was trying to help and support him. D.J. courageously finds his footing and continues to climb.

dj-01-158.jpg

At the next trail marker, the group takes in the scenery.

dj-01-159.jpg

By 7:00p, the group hiked their way to the top of the mountain. There was another rest area as well. Another small cabin. But this one someone could stay in overnight if they wanted. There were no bed, though. Enele states they will be resting here for the evening. Enele had cleared everything with D.J.'s and Derumk's school to have Monday off.

dj-01-160.jpg
    dj-01-161.jpg

Side Notes:
    I found two small cabins I liked from the Gallery to place on empty lots during the excursion. You can only build in the Lots during the event. What you saw from the first cabin is not my work. Second cabin which will be seen more next chapter, I looked up mountain top on the Gallery and picked the one I felt most fitting.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    January 24th: Can't smoother this fire

MLOhMDj.png
    To prepare for my talk with Kaori, I meditated for a couple hours; it was refreshing and I felt like I was floating by the end of my session.
    7a7BCoq.png
    Feeling more confident, I called Kaori and asked if she would meet me at the onsen on the mountain, she agreed. Once there, I noticed Kaori's belly was getting bigger and asked how for along she was. She said she was nearing the end of her third trimester and the baby was expected at any time now! Wow, I never realized pregnancies happened so fast, and she didn't even look that large!
    C9oLQui.png
    As we were chatting, Kaori suddenly gave me a very suggestive look and I knew that she wasn't really over me and in that instant I knew I couldn't pretend to not have feelings for her.
    Ny3IuNR.png
    As our teenage hormones overtook us, we wrapped our arms around each other and kissed.
    jd4UDUQ.png
    "What about your grandparents", I asked as we pulled apart. We promised not to do this. Kaori sank back down onto the bench. "I can't pretend not to love you, Adam", she said. "My grandparents are old fashion and want to protect me, I love and wish to respect them, but..." she trailed off. "So we just keep it secret"? I asked sitting down next to her. "And no more woohoo", she smiled rubbing her belly, "I don't want any more surprises".
    07bzhDd.png
    She was feeling hungry from her pregnancy so I bought her some food from the vending machine. We sat down at the kotatsu together and chatted while she ate. When she was done she gave me a hug and said she should be getting back home as she was feeling a little uncomfortable, I gave her hand a kiss and we parted ways.
    XnnsA75.png
    Feeling very high from our meeting, I went skiing down the hardest slope at max intensity and didn't face plant this time!
    RpbRNyn.png
    I was buying some more simmis at the vending machine when I got a call from Kaori, she'd had the baby! She invited me over to meet her, and I was on my way immediately. When I got there I met the grandfather who looked uneasy at our meeting even though I tried to be extra respectful.
    Hfl0Mup.png
    Koari called me upstairs and I got to meet our baby girl for the first time, she was beautiful! I picked her up and cuddled her close, she smiled up at me and my heart melted and I knew I'd do anything for her.
    I27Pj6L.png
    o6Tlvns.png
    "I have chosen the name Caroline," Kaori said standing behind me "I've always thought it was a beautiful name." Caroline. I laughed to myself as the name sounded old to me, but it did somehow fit this little girl, and I knew it would grow on me. I could hear Kaori's grandparents whispering outside her bedroom door, so I knew we had to watch what we said. After kissing Caroline's head one last time I set her back down in her cradle and took Kaori's hands in mine. "She's beautiful, and I'll help take care of her the best I can".
    MLOhMDj.png
    I wanted to kiss this gorgeous woman but went in for a hug instead, "I love you", I whispered in her ear".
    2l8GCFO.png
    Koari's grandmother knocked on the door and told us that it was time for me to go. She led me downstairs and walked me out the door. As I was walking away I heard her yelling at a poor stray cat and I laughed to myself as I wondered what kind of family I'd gotten myself tangled up in.
    sc5f0bA.png
    Back at home I cleaned my whole house as it was getting dirty and I wanted to prove, at least to myself, that I could be responsible. After a little more meditation I turned in for the night, happier than I have been for a long time.

Notes
    I wasn't sure what was going to happen between these two love birds, but as they were talking this popped up from Kaori and I knew that there relationship was meant to be, especially after looking at their relationship panels.
    0Iqy0uj.png
    IlHipbE.png
    TXvX9VL.png
    @permanentrose
    Day 23: The endless rock climbing, gotta love it...
    As soon as Aaron hit level 6 I was like okay I'm not doing this anymore :D
    Very cute pictures of Aimi and Robin cuddling! They've made me want to download poses again lol
    It's not a bad thing to have options ;)

Day 24: Aww so cute that Pepper can come along on the excursion too!
    Dang it Aaron and Hunter should have brought Yoshi :D
    Pepper's coat is adorable haha.

@Shadami
    Day 23: Nice that Velma met Robin! And looks like she has a lot of fans at the lounge! Hey Vlad! I love that guy lol

Day 24: Wow Velma's house looks awesome!
    Omg I didn't know there was a Yamachan bed, that's so cute!

@SoulGal7
    Day 19: Oh wow I love that shot of Dylan you used for the daily pic! Stunning!
    Awesome series of pics showing off his skiing prowess.
    And well done on making a perfect expert slope run!
    That is an impressive list of reward traits :o I haven't even been making use of Aaron's satisfaction points except for buying him a sleep replacement once :D

Day 20: Oh the drama!
    Dylan looks very good in that vest though ;)
    Shigeru :# this cannot end well for Dylan... I'm glad that Sachiko is much nicer than her husband!
    Big YIKES. Good save Dylan with the romance scene practice, but now Kaori will wonder if everything was a lie...
    Ah having Kado come on the excursion should hopefully pacify Shigeru somewhat.

@Carebear92
    Day 22: Congrats to Savannah for her raise and huge bonus!

Day 23: She and Kiyoshi look very cute cuddling up by the fire <3

@Karababy52
    Day 22: Okay that joke about Sneak Peak was actually pretty good :D
    A snowpal for the top of the mountain... Love it!
    And Cale's shack for the top of the mountain! Super cool idea!
    Aww they're cooking together! And I'm glad Cale is letting go of his, um, prejudices I guess (don't know what else to call it lol) in allowing himself to hug Joel and say he loves him.
    Awesome update :smiley:

Day 23: Ah sad for Joel and his brothers never finding their parents :(
    Awwwww Joel calls Cale his little bro, I'm gonna cry lol.
    And now Cale gets some time with Kenzie! Yeah, very good friends Cale...
    Oh no poor dude slipping all over the place :joy:

@RememberJoy
    Day 23: I'm glad Adam is feeling better about the future.
    Oooh that picture of him on the skis with the moon behind him is gorgeous!

Day 24: Aww they had a baby girl! <3 Adam will be a great dad.
    And they've decided to continue being romantic in secret! Scandalous but I fully support them ;)

@miss_eulenauge
    Ahh, poor Lucy, she's got it so rough :(

@LegacySims2017
    Day 21: DJ can be proud of himself with how much he's achieved with his rock climbing!
    Love the hip bump with Yamachan!

Day 22: Ooh finally it's the big day :smiley:
    Love the cabins! Congrats to DJ! All that hard work has definitely paid off :)
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    edited January 2022
    Thank you for comments! <3
    January, Day 24 - "Making new paths for myself... I can do this, I'll find happiness!"
    01-23-22-4-19-24-PM.png
    Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited January 2022
    Hi All! Continuing on comments. Hope everyone has a great day/night! More comments will be coming. Sorry, I am slow on them.

@LegacySims2017
    Glad you got everything fixed and that you have a new computer now.
    Jan. 17: I may have commented on this one already, but DJ sure looked cold coming out of that tent.
    Jan. 18:Oh gee! Did DJ fall on the ice? Even though that is a winter tent...that looks so cold, and in a blizzard. Brr... Sp DJ took the day off and had a pretzel for breakfast. lol I love that shot of DJ on the skis at the end of his run...with them being so wide apart. Congrats on the great ski run! Master of the Skis...that's a cool moodlet. Congrats on the job promo and bonus! Woot!
    Jan. 19:More rock climbing...yes, this skill takes forever. And his friend, Enele really looks ripped! Whoa!
    Jan. 20:Good idea for DJ to take a day off school to get more rock climbing practice. It's so scary when they fall off the wall. And DJ meets a hottie from Windenburg who is vacationing there with her parents. (Convenient how we are heading to Windenburg next lol) Caitlin was going to dream of his hot bod! Ooh la la! DJ! Cue Shape of You song.
    Jan. 21:Love the Festival of Snow. Perhaps Dylan will go back if there is time, since he wasn't able to build a snowpal. Glad that DJ got a few more simmis...even though that darn vending machine got stuck, and got a festival snow outfit. Nice :)
    Jan. 22: Ain't No Mountain High Enough - love that song! Oh cool, so the whole family is climbing with you. Oh, that is the halfway mark? I didn't know you could build there, too. Very cool that there is a cabin. It was nerve racking when DJ said he slipped. Geez, imagine yourself on that wall and that happening. I would be scared. Against all Odds, what a cool moodlet.

@afai1261
    Jan, 20:Oh gee...and Aaron knows Morgan, Hunter's Uncle. Morgan does seem rather snippy. Congrats to Aaron for painting a masterpiece and also getting to level 3 in rock climbing. Hey, it's slow work, but you are doing great Aaron. Nice that Hunter is thinking about adopting a dog :)
    Jan. 21Excellent daily shot! Aaron looks so awesome in that shot. Oh gee, Hunter and his uncle DO NOT get along, and now Aaron innocently said that Morgan could join them. Fantastic portrait of Hunter! And nice that they went to the Festival of Light together, and a short hike away, for a....first kiss! Yes! Ahhh....now that is nice. And Hunter is now his boyfriend. And...then back to Aaron's for shower woohoo. Holy! There is no stopping Hunter tonight. And so happy that Hunter is supportive of Aaron being trans. I am definitely shipping these two. :heart: And look at Yoshi. Love the dog. Also, love the sunset shot of Aaron on his snowboard.
    Jan. 22New Year's celebration! Woot! And Aaron comes over with a gift, of an apple! lol Well, an apple is actually a love gift. The apple is a symbol of "love, ecstasy, fertility and abundance." So, yeah, I would say that this was a good gift. Congrats for getting painting level 10. Geez! Look at Aaron. He is buff! And to the onsen and Aaron loses his boyfriend to the video games on the computer. lol
    Jan. 23:Yeah, Aaron made it to the top of the medium wall! Lots of fun with Yoshi. And bush woohoo with Hunter. Is that Morgan that saw them? Oh crap! Did I see something about throwing up in one of your posts? Oh gosh...he's not, right?

@miss_eulenauge -
    Jan 23: Lucy looks like she is digging something in the sand. Jan. 24 - Lovely shot of Lucy walking with the moon overhead.

@RememberJoy
    Jan 23 - It is good that Adam has a day to himself to think about things and assess what he wants to do with Kaori and the baby situation. Jan. 24: I am glad that Adam and Kaori had a talk at the Onsen, and it looks like they still have feelings for each other. And congrats! Adam is now a father, with a nooboo girl, Caroline. So sweet. Of course, Kaori's grandparents are keeping a close watch on these two. I am happy that they are at least talking to each other and still are attracted to each other. What happens after this world...well, you never know. But, I think that even though the grandparents don't approve of Adam, that he is at least trying to be responsible. :heart:
    @SoulGal7
    Just a quick response to you...
    No, that is not the halfway mark. The daily image is him taking a selfie of himself, Enele, and Nawai at the top of the mountain. Derumk is also in there, but right behind D.J., so he's not in the shot. Maybe he did that on purpose. Derumk might not like his picture taken. :lol:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited January 2022
    And the comments keep coming. Trying to catch up. I am still behind in my posts, though. Oh well.

@Shadami
    Jan 18Nice that Velma is sprucing up the lounge, and working on getting more tips. Crush on the bartender? lol Probably. And so nice that she met Aaron, and congrats that Velma has completed the Mt. Komorebi Sightseer Aspiration. Woot!
    Jan 19ISo sorry to hear of your real life sadness. As for Velma, she is doing so well, already up to level 9 in singing. And she's crushing on Hugo...so cute. Nice she is meeting a lot of the other challenge teens.
    Jan 20Yes, the day in and day out of a sim's life. Glad Velma is doing so well in her singing. And her crush on the bartender is so cute, and he seems to like her too...as a friend for now. I guess we will see how that goes. He certainly likes to hang around her and get her advice, so that's nice. Hopefully, Velma will be able to get some rock climbing in soon.
    Jan 21Nice that she meets Savannah at the Onsen. And how great that Ryo got a raise, And then came over to celebrate with her and sang her a song.
    Jan 22Ha! Ha! Love that line..."Cale was a little busy" hehehe, yep we know what he was doing in the Onsen. lol That's a cool sentiment about the Onsen. Cool that Savannah and Kioshi have exchanged promise rings. So, she finally tells Aaron about her crush on the "older man". And Judith Ward. Okay, perks here are that you can get autographs from her and they are worth a lot. That is how Dylan got simoleons for his house.
    Jan 23Ok, Vlad the fan and fainting at Velma is so funny. And he gets an autograph! lol And then following her into the restroom and turning into a bat. Like she wouldn't notice he was there! lol Fun update.
    Jan 24Congrats to Velma for getting that great house. And love that she chose the bed with Yamachan on it. She is doing so well, and nice that she goes out and about and sightsees. She is keeping up her simstagram account with all the updates. Nice.

@Carebear92 -
    Jan 21 - Funny to see Savannah riding her bike in the snow. Congrats to Savannah for getting enough simoleons to get a functional kitchen. And congrats to Savannah and Kiyoshi for exchanging promise rings! Woot!
    Jan 22 - Congrats to Savannah for her promo and bonus.
    Jan 23 - Nice that she is spending time with Kiyoshi and love that last photo of her and Kiyoshi with the bonfire in the background. Sorry she is having a hard time with rock climbing.
    Jan 24 - Savannah is doing great, learning rock climbing, awesome shot snowboarding, and making some simoleons painting. Also getting that handiness skill up.
    January 24th Comments:

@Karababy52
    Those snowpals crack me up. And poor Cale being accident prone and falling a lot afterwards. Bow chicka wow wow between Cale and Kenzie. Sure hope she doesn't want a committed relationship with Cale...we know why, she doesn't...yet! :lol:
    Will L. be Cale's motherly figure? :wink: Regarding the excursion, they should allow your Sim to go back down the way they came up. Then you could edit again if wanted. Would be fun, too. I ended up just finding cabins from the Gallery I liked.

@afai1261
    Poor Aaron. Goes from bad to worse. Then to good. Back to bad again. Good thing Hunter arrives to give him some "love". Hunter is a vampire, of course he's got some psychic ability. :lol:
    I seem to be lost...or forgotten for some reason. Is Yoshi Hunter's dog, then?
    I love the hip bump with Yamachan, too. I'm kind of relieved the excursion is finally over. D.J. also has maxed out Rock Climbing. I don't want to just leave him not climbing the wall apparatus anymore, though. I think I might keep it going for the rest of the month at least.

@permanentrose
    Aww, I love Pepper's outfit. She looks cute in it. And she got her own private tent. Nice! I enjoyed D.J. doing the mountain excursion. I laughed when you mentioned you can take toddlers along. How do toddlers (and animals) climb those walls?!?!?! :joy: Is there an animation for toddlers and pets? Or do they just appear at the top?

@SoulGal7
    Wow, poor Kaori. She's gotten a lot of heat from one of her grandparents in two Challenge gameplays now. :lol:
    The daily image from Day 18 was D.J. sliding on the ice/snow from a failed ski ending. It was funny to watch. He slid a portion of the way down backwards like that. I :joy: at the video you cue'd, it fits. Caitlin has a thing for D.J. or at least his body parts. :grin: I ended up putting Caitlin and her parents in Windenburg for the reason of next month being sent there with D.J. I'm curious to see how things go with these two plays out. During the excursion and D.J. hanging on, I really thought he was going to fall and it was "game over". But he found his footing and I was able to breath again. :lol:

@Carebear92
    I love that screenshot of Savannah on her snowboard.

@Shadami
    Loved how Velma performed at the Lounge and started bringing in teenagers. Good concept. My gameplay Lounge is still an elderly hangout. :lol:

@RememberJoy
    Can't wait to see Caroline grow up. Kaori's grandmother sure is moody in your gameplay. :lol:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    edited January 2022
    Jan 21 - "If You Love Your Child, Let the Child Travel"

SAD-KAORI.png
    Sachiko headed up the stairs to speak to her husband. Shigeru was seated before the computer and she stood next to him wanting his attention.

HAVE-YOU-FORGOTTEN-WHAT-IT-MEANS.png

Sachiko: ""Kawaii ko ni wa tabi wo saseyo"Shigeru, have you forgotten what this means?"

Shigeru looked at Sachiko irritated, "I know what it means. "If You Love Your Child, Let the Child Travel" So, you are saying I am wrong in not allowing Kaori to go on that mountain excursion?"

GF-I-KNOW-WHAT-IT-MEANS.png

Sachiko: "I am only saying that we cannot keep Kaori safe from the world. She is a young woman, and we must let her lead her own life."

Shigeru was silent for a moment, "I do not want her to go. It is not safe with that...with that...BOY!"

WHAT-IS-THE-DIFFERENCE.png

Sachiko: "What do you have against Dylan? Have you even gotten to know him?"

Shigeru: "I don't need to get to know him. I know his "type". All he wants is free chips...free drinks...and he is not responsible for his actions, always blaming others."

I-KNOW-HIS-TYPE.png

Sachiko: "Did you know that Dylan is an A student, and has supported himself since he moved to Mt. Komoreb? He is renting a house in Wakaba."

GM-MAD.png

Shigeru: "I did not know that, nor do I care. I cannot risk my granddaughter going on a trek with an inexperienced climber. I don't want...I don't want anything to happen to her..."

Sachiko: "Shigeru, I understand. But we cannot take back the past..."

Shigeru came to sit beside his wife on the bed.

Shigeru looked at Sachiko, "She is our only granddaughter..."

she-is-our-only-granddaughter-and-i-cant-lose-her.png

SachikoL :"Yes, but we cannot keep Kaori in a gilded cage to keep her safe. We must trust in her to employ the values that we taught her. She must become her own person. We will not be here to keep her safe forever."

Shigeru cut her off, "Yes...I do know that...but while we are here, we must protect Kaori...she is all we have left..."

Sachiko: "Oh Shigeru...where is the one I fell in love with? The young man who used to sneak out of his house and come to my window just to say good night? Where is that young man who saved up his simoleons to take me to the city to go to the Festival of Light? Where is he?"

where-is-he.png

Shigeru: "He is still here, but that was a long time ago...and I did not take you to the top of a mountain..."

Sachiko: "I see. So, if Dylan was taking Kaori on a trip to the city, would you allow it?"

Shigeru: "I am not sure. I would have to see his route, find out where he was going...make sure he was prepared..."

i-would-have-to-ask-his-plans.png

Sachiko: "And so a trek to the mountain is different? Why don't you talk to Kado and find out if he thinks if Dylan and Kaori are prepared for this trek. If Kaori says they have been training with him, Kado should know. You were quite willing to allow Kado to take Kaori, why not Dylan?"

Shigeru: "Because I do not trust that BOY! He is not just a friend of Kaori's...he is interested in her. I have seen how he looks at her. He has thoughts on his mind, and he will be all alone on that mountain with her. No, they cannot go."

angry-gm.png

Sachiko: "So, you do not trust our granddaughter? What difference would it make to be alone on top of the mountain or alone in the Onsen? The same thing could happen in what you are alluding to. So you don't want them to go on the trek together, not because you are concerned with his skills as a climber, but because he is a BOY who might like our granddaughter. Am I right?"

Shigeru: "Well, I am also concerned about his climbing skills. It is very dangerous...there have been many deaths at the Croft Icefall."

he-is-a-badboy.png

Sachiko: "But if Dylan was a GIRL, then would you consider it?"

they-cannot-go.png

Shigeru stood up and sat at the computer again.

Shigeru glared at her, "I have had enough of this conversation. I have already said my piece. That BOY is not experienced enough to lead the excursion, and I do not trust his intentions towards Kaori. I am done talking about this. They cannot go on the climb together."

PERHAPS-THE-NEXT-TIME.png

Sachiko: "Perhaps the next time Dylan is at the Hazakura Lounge, you should try to get to know him. You might be surprised at what you find."

Shigeru: "He is a BAD BOY. There is something about him...some secret he is keeping. I don't like him and I don't care to get to know him. The matter is closed."

I-DO-NOT-LIKE-THAT-BOY.png

Sachiko heaved a sigh and left Shigeru at the computer. She walked down the hallway to head downstairs and heard some soft crying coming from Kaori's room.

REV-HEARD-KAORI-CRY.png

Sachiko thinking, "Oh my dear granddaughter....I knew...I knew you had feelings for Dylan...oh my dear, sweet Kaori...and I can tell that Dylan has feelings for you, too. Sometimes life is very difficult...for all of us..."

SAD-KJAORI.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This is a Japanese proverb. One of the parenting philosophies in Japanese society is to foster “a spirit of independence", and this is where this comes from. However, because Shigeru lost his son in a car accident, he is over-protective of his granddaughter, and only wants to keep her safe, and has forgotten a fundamental Japanese philosophy.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited January 2022
    January - Day 24: "Joy to the World..."

jDm0RiO.png

Notes
    VkZpxDU.png
    Cale wasn't having much luck getting attacked by 'wild animals' in the Bamboo forest area, so I sent him back to the other neighborhood. In particular the lake with the waterfalls were he met Omoi Kane and had bats attack them. No such luck tonight.

ZnvWpbH.png
    However, walking around this part of the hiking trails area there he did get 'attacked' by one of those giant caterpillars. *shivers* It happened so quickly I didn't get a screenshot though. Oh well, he had a can of spray to take care of them. That was the only encounter though, so he went home.

Cw3sfH0.png
    He went inside and found a strange, yet beautiful girl admiring his broom and dustpan. That's Joy Wilkes, Sam and Samara's daughter.
    "What are you doing in my house?"
    "Oh, hehe Uh, Hi. I was just walking by and saw this hanging here and wanted a closer look."
    (That doesn't sound suspicious at all, does it Watcher?)
    Hey Cale, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. You have a gorgeous girl your own age IN your house!
    (Hmm, true...)

BYZgkIg.png
    Cale invited Joy to watch a movie or something in his bedroom. But for some reason, she ran off into his bathroom to admire herself and freshen up first.
    (Oh man, he's as cute as they all said he was. I hope he likes me!)
    o.O Okay, I don't think Joy is here to admire Cale's broom...

SIVR7wd.png
    "So, is this something you do a lot or...?"
    "Sometimes, but only if I know who lives in the house. I mean I don't know you, but I knew you were a teen like me."
    "Oh? How? I've never met you before?"
    "I hear things..."

uDbNExd.png
    "Does it bother you very much? I'm harmless, I swear."

YWordyr.png
    "Not when it's a pretty girl breaking into my house. You're welcome any time beautiful."
    "Ooo, just like they said, such a sweet talker!"
    "They?"
    "Them." Joy said, pointing to the photos on the wall of Cale's other conquests.
    "You have quite the reputation. Don't worry, very high reviews." Joy said with a smirk.
    "Oh, well. Uh...Okay, here, I'll give you my number and next time you can call first, okay?"

AhqSbHr.png
    (Do I really want to do this?)
    Well Joy, I'm guessing you like him and maybe want to see him again?

Y2ygcQR.png
    (Oh yeah, he's cute and from what I hear, a fabulous lover!)
    Joy! What would your Mom and Dad say?
    (Shhhh...)

WAbwGO4.png
    Of course things progressed quite quickly after that.

nlLRmd9.png
    And Joy got exactly what she'd come there for in the first place.

9elNZK3.png
    She also insisted he take their picture together to put on his wall with all the others.
    (This is the strangest thing I've ever had happen to me. But hey, I'm not complaining.)
    Guessing Joy didn't talk to Kenzie, she was jealous of the others. Doesn't sound like Joy cares.
    (I know, right? How lucky can a guy get?)

Xfzqt6J.png
    After Joy left, Cale got ready for bed and spent a moment staring at himself in thought.
    (Maybe Joel has the right idea. Lots of ladies to keep him company is what he said.)

2EEDs7Y.png
    (I might do that too, just play the field and never settle on one. Why should I? What do you think?)
    That's been the plan all along Cale, go for it!
    (Ohhh Yeahhh!)
    I wouldn't be so cavalier about it though. Not all of them will be as understanding or accepting anyway as Joy.
    (It's cool!)

giSBBQ3.png
    The next morning Cale traveled to the mountain to check out the weather. I was hoping for thundersnow or icy conditions. But it was a gorgeous day. Cale went to the top of the lift anyway to take a run down the expert slope at high intensity just for fun. I saw a phantom skier just headed down the easy slope! Or maybe it was a ghost? o.O

68RJd6B.png
    He did great, whooping and hollering his happiness after each jump. Since he was there already, and it was a gorgeous day, Cale went for a hike on the trails on the mountain too. Maybe he'd get attacked there. Cross your fingers!

pPMmxax.png
    Almost instantly that's exactly what happened. Cale did a little shimmy dance, squashing the bugs in the process. That's two! Only one more to finish one of two milestone tasks left to complete the aspiration.

mnWwFTu.png
    I love this area, it's so pretty with those red bridges.

oGQrbqm.png
    I don't remember seeing those frozen waterfalls before. Beautiful!

7hb6gbi.png
    Cale checked out the Traveler's Shrine and took a selfie before going back to the hiking trails map.

I5hbwfB.png
    On his way, he stopped by to give a shout in a cave with statues in front of it.

S3SoClN.png
    One of them looks happy and curious, one kind of grumpy and the other just plain sad. I like them though, they're pretty cool.

zOuzVvC.png
    Back at the map, Cale was attacked by hornets! YES! Luckily he had a can of spray to scare them away. Milestone goal complete. All that's left is skiing down the Expert slope at high intensity or rock climbing in icy conditions or thundersnow.

AyYGPmp.png
    Cale went home after that, enjoying the magnificent sunset on his way there.

I apologize for it, but comments/replies will have to wait until tomorrow. Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    @SoulGal7
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @afai1261
    Jan, 20:Oh gee...and Aaron knows Morgan, Hunter's Uncle. Morgan does seem rather snippy. Congrats to Aaron for painting a masterpiece and also getting to level 3 in rock climbing. Hey, it's slow work, but you are doing great Aaron. Nice that Hunter is thinking about adopting a dog :)
    Jan. 21Excellent daily shot! Aaron looks so awesome in that shot. Oh gee, Hunter and his uncle DO NOT get along, and now Aaron innocently said that Morgan could join them. Fantastic portrait of Hunter! And nice that they went to the Festival of Light together, and a short hike away, for a....first kiss! Yes! Ahhh....now that is nice. And Hunter is now his boyfriend. And...then back to Aaron's for shower woohoo. Holy! There is no stopping Hunter tonight. And so happy that Hunter is supportive of Aaron being trans. I am definitely shipping these two. :heart: And look at Yoshi. Love the dog. Also, love the sunset shot of Aaron on his snowboard.
    Jan. 22New Year's celebration! Woot! And Aaron comes over with a gift, of an apple! lol Well, an apple is actually a love gift. The apple is a symbol of "love, ecstasy, fertility and abundance." So, yeah, I would say that this was a good gift. Congrats for getting painting level 10. Geez! Look at Aaron. He is buff! And to the onsen and Aaron loses his boyfriend to the video games on the computer. lol
    Jan. 23:Yeah, Aaron made it to the top of the medium wall! Lots of fun with Yoshi. And bush woohoo with Hunter. Is that Morgan that saw them? Oh crap! Did I see something about throwing up in one of your posts? Oh gosh...he's not, right?
    Thank you!
    Morgan actually has the hot headed trait like Aaron so he is a bit snippy, yeah :D
    Oh wow I actually didn't know that about the significance of apples as a gift! That's awesome, well done Hunter :joy: Aaron will cherish that apple forever now haha
    Ah no it was Caleb Vatore (my makeover of him anyway with new hair) that saw them woohooing in the bush.
    Aaron's not what? ;) He's not pregnant, if that's what you're asking lol. The nausea and throwing up was linked to an illness he had, along with the fever
    edited April 2023
    January 25
    *This update turned out kinda long, so sorry in advance again :sweat_smile:
    sE6tvpak_o.jpg
    Aaron stared up at the wall in Senbamachi and pulled his climbing gloves and shoes on, breathing deeply through his nose and exhaling through his mouth. The pain from the Murphy bed falling on him the previous night had long since diminished, but he was still determined to not fall off yet another wall. He had spent most of the day studying from his book about rock climbing, and felt somewhat prepared enough to tackle the highest rock walls, so surely he would be able to climb this one easily, right?

"Let's do this," he muttered under his breath, and stepped up to the wall, reaching out. He hoisted himself up, finding good holds, and sighed in relief. Then remembered that there was a whole lot more wall to go. Concentrate. Breathe. You've got this.
    He didn't have it. His foot slipped, then so did his other foot and he scrambled for a second before his fingers gave up and he fell to the ground with an "Oof!" He sighed at the lovely view of the sky he now had and, remembering the last time he had fallen off a wall, hoped that the illness he had been afflicted with briefly wasn't returning - it had not been a pleasant time.
    He took a swig from a bottle of water and resolved to buy new climbing gear right before going on the mountain excursion: that way he could be guaranteed the best experience climbing the hardest walls.

"Alright," he said, standing and stretching. Second attempt, let's go. Almost immediately, he did much better than he had before, quickly making his way to the top. Glancing down at the ground before he pulled himself over the edge, he marveled at how high up it was. And then he remembered that the Croft Icefall on Mount Komorebi would be even higher. And icier. Slightly blanching at the thought, he heaved himself over the top of the wall. At least when he climbed the mountain he'd have Hunter right there beside him. Hunter's uncle hadn't asked to come on the excursion again and Aaron had come to realise the excursion would be a lot more fun if it was just him and Hunter. Plus he had been annoyed enough by Morgan just lurking whenever he was out with Hunter.

On Monday morning, he got the notification that one of the paintings he'd put on Plopsy had been purchased, and he shipped it off to its new home for a grand sum of $3,146.
    On Tuesday, Hunter invited him to the Motive Trials, which he went to and lost very quickly (the odds clearly weren't in his favour).
    On Wednesday after school, he and Hunter headed out to the park, and Aaron was able to catch up with a few of his friends from school, including Cale, Kenzie, Adam and Robin. DJ and Lucy arrived at the park later. Hunter's uncle Morgan was of course there too, but he wasn't keeping an eye on Hunter for once.

Aaron returned home after catching up with everybody and ended the night with a movie. He woke up on Thursday to a newly expanded kitchen: more counters and a brand new stove awaited him, and he cooked a delicious meal of fish tacos before he left for school. When he came home that afternoon, he got rid of his old climbing gear and traveled over to the onsen to purchase a new set. He knew he wanted to do the climb the next day, and bought some repellents and other useful items from the vending machines. He also purchased a tent and a cooler for the trip.

Before heading back home, he visited Hunter and let him know of the new plans - Hunter was ecstatic. They'd both take Friday off school and attempt the climb. Without Morgan. They kicked the soccer ball around for a bit before Aaron finally kissed him goodnight and he returned home to get some sleep in preparation for the big day. Or, well. He would have, if he hadn't been so rudely interrupted by someone at his door...

~~~
    Omg ugh finally i am so freaking done with this skill (since sims can make it to the top with only level 6)
    QHTqLyF.png

I still decided to make him climb this wall though.
    Down he goes...
    O9ndSsF.png
    GdDtV1N.png

And up again :D
    5URpnFj.png
    BuiZbEk.png
    Z7XcRF9.png
    I think this was the last wall he climbed before going on the actual excursion!

I decided to let him go to the Motive Trials this time (he was invited ages ago and didn't go but I don't think I ever included it in an update). He returned home and...
    aXtcgje.png
    QJBQFLN.png

Then he took a shower and instantly took a selfie afterwards so I guess he's fine :D
    G7c54yD.png

And now for lots of pictures of the park!
    WqhdcoS.png

Robin, why so sad?
    pY2323R.png
    do you need your girl lol

Cale was feeling embarrassed about something so I had Aaron cheer him up
    LG1dzyH.png
    6xQQnRt.png

Then he went over to stand with Kenzie which I thought was kinda cool considering their relationship in Karababy52's game ;)
    ctHgnPk.png
    He's definitely, um, not looking at her eyes... :joy:

Kenzie ditched him for Adam though (and yeah, she is flirty... no idea why but it certainly is suggestive)
    6qzgcHU.png

I think DJ might like Lilith Pleasant...
    xRldT9j.png

And looks like poor Lucy is sad too! :(
    9k84T2S.png

I spotted one of my sims at the park with Morgan and was very surprised since he is a vampire and to my knowledge does not have full sun resistance, so should have been dying in the sunlight. Unless it was cloudy enough? I have no idea. Or the game will give it to them for situations like this (he's erratic and being a homeless sim) and he's marked as unplayed. This is Mostyn.
    ZAbEtEr.png
    CH6Wxud.png

Morgan was actually feeling sad from his 'eternal sadness' weakness (I think) but he just looks really concerned for the poor dude
    nHzFXYH.png

A new kitchen :smiley:
    1ocasxU.png

I'm very thankful he didn't burn the house down :joy:
    p7ftR8k.png
    wm8YHgh.png

Here's the house from above :) I really like how it looks but then I always say I am not a builder lol
    M2t8BpE.png

Preparations underway!
    OlPEyKo.png
    tImPLsh.png
    fieWm9A.png

And just some Hunter/Aaron cuteness <3 Gosh these pics are dark, I apologise for that :D
    8JB4mJi.png
    A8Uq5Uv.png

Oh also Aaron likes fitness now so it makes sense that he does this all the time :joy:
    FyPmA8O.png
    jbk4dsh.png

I almost forgot: obligatory Yoshi pic
    trjzhFm.png

Post edited by afai1261 on
    edited January 2022
    Good morning all! I think I am all caught up on comments, for now! lol Hope everyone has a good day/night :)

@afai1261
    Jan 24 - Reply - ok...glad he isn't expecting...just was sick. Poor Aaron. Don't get sick on the climb! I knew I saw that "throw up" moodlet somewhere, just hadn't commented on that chapter yet. Oh, and he buys a murphy bed...and it gets stuck. Gee...why not put all the items that can kill you in the house? Oh Aaron...just keep the thing down. I have the Tiny Living Pack too, but have never used that bed in my game. Maybe I will...let Dylan live a bit dangerously. hehehe
    Jan 25 - Aaron tackles the med rock wall in Senbamachi, and, of course, falls on the first attempt. But, hey, he is rather determined and makes it to the top, and decides to buy new climbing gear as well. That is a good idea. Glad that he decided that it would be better if he and Hunter went alone on the trek. And congrats for reaching level 6 of the Rock Climbing Skill! Woot! Of all the skills, I think this really is the hardest to achieve. Nice that Aaron was able to catch up with a bunch of the challenge sims. Oh..lol...the Motive Trials. Congrats on selling that painting for that amount! Nice! Great kitchen upgrade, and of course, Aaron nearly starts a fire! hehehe This guy...he needs some luck. The house is looking very nice. I love the end shot with Yoshi holding the ball in his mouth after Hunter and Aaron kicked the soccer ball around. Like, what about me?

@permanentrose
    Jan 23Love that shot of Aimi and Robin. I know it's a pose pack, but really enjoy seeing the pose packs in your game. Nice work on climbing that rock wall, Robin! Oh? Robin may be interested in other teens in the game? Female? Male? Or both? That should be interesting.

Jan 24I so LOVE the daily photo at the start of the mountain excursion with Aimi, Robin and Pepper. How sweet. And Pepper in that outfit is very cute. Congrats on reaching level 8 rock climbing. I can relate to the "I'm sick of seeing rock climbing". Blech. Hardest skill ever! Oh gosh, Dylan ate her last grilled cheese sandwich. Oops. But the guy doesn't have a stove, and I think he is getting sick of salad, fruit salad and watermelon salad. But, yes, he pays Robin back by giving Pepper a nice brush down. Dylan and Robin are good friends in my game. And I love that doggo tent. The tent color matches Pepper's coat. lol Nice shot of them going across the bridge. Nice conversation at the bonfire about sharing a family tradition.

@Karababy52
    Jan 23Nice that Joel and Cale go on a hike together. Joel really loves the outdoors. Oh sad about the graveyard, and very touching story that Joel set up a shrine there to honor his parents, as they were never found. He also gave Cale a possible idea for his mother. More adventures with Kenzie at Cale's house! lol Nice hike to the temple, one of my favs, especially with the Ema board. I wonder what Cale really did wish for. Funny snowpal, and it got icy fast. Yep...fall down...and then take a photo of yourself. Teens! lol

Jan 24Gorgeous daily photo of the trees and the sunset and also the last shot. Both are exceptional. I love all the scenery shots in this world. Cale may not have much luck attracting "wild animals" but he is attracting some "other animals" on the prowl for hunky Cale. lol And word is getting around about Cale. lol And now he is taking what Joel said to heart, "lots of lovelies to keep me company." Oh gee. I think that "Joy" was a Watcher plant. lol Phantom skier, now that's a first! Nice hiking photos. Congrats on getting another milestone ticked off for the aspiration. Woot!
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    January 25

BNzfZjp.jpg
    Aimi and Robin continued their climb, the sun painting the sky gorgeous hues of soft pastels in the background.
    XAiVkLR.png
    y6OPIbN.png
    v6N0Dwq.png

"You ready? We're nearly to the peak now."
    XooywMS.jpg

The sun had just dipped over the horizon when they noticed a cave in the distance.
    tKRiyYP.jpg

"We're not really in a rush, and I've got a few ideas of what we could get up to in here," Aimi suggested with a grin.
    PW8u4uz.jpg

usLhD0X.jpg
    BsvhDe4.jpg
    a9MNkZE.jpg
    sfZmHge.jpg

Robin was feeling quite smitten as they emerged from the cave.
    a8JtM37.jpg

Time for a selfie to remember this moment :)
    zOhteoD.jpg

They decided to build a snowpal together to commemorate the moment. (Unfortunately I had to cancel the action before they finished since I noticed they was getting quite short on time)
    ut7nbNU.jpg

They made their way up the final marker, the peak visible just in the distance.
    TQHy48Z.jpg

"Thank you for taking me here," Robin whispered as Aimi pulled her close. "This is truly amazing."
    5vkDezq.jpg
    3heoJhH.jpg

"I'm never going to forget this view," Robin breathed, still in awe of the sight before her.
    8HvyRQr.jpg

They took some pictures of each other too. These will make great memories.
    K6x6aTk.jpg
    GiqCIDc.jpg

They set up their tent, and both of them were still feeling rather flirty...
    9jLgBQ3.jpg
    WfU1xbr.jpg
    1xkkvxK.jpg

Sleep well, everyone. You guys definitely deserve a good rest <3
    FDCLVVP.jpg
    edited January 2022
    @SoulGal7
    Dylan looks great all dressed up for dinner with Kaori's Grandparents. Sweet rose he got her. Oh man, the dinner went about as I expected, horribly. Poor Dylan and Kaori. :/ I get her Grandpa just wants to protect her, but he's being very rude and disrespectful, won't even give Dylan a chance. At this point I don't know how anyone will change his mind about not allowing Kaori to go on the climb with Dylan. o.O

Ugh, he sure is a stubborn old goat! I thought for sure Kaori's Grandma would be able to change his mind, it looked that way at least when they were sitting on the bed and she was asking what happened to the young man she fell in love with. But it was not to be. Poor Kaori crying in her room. At this point it looks like these two will have to sneak off and do the climb without her Grandparents permission. Or have Kado go with them perhaps. We'll see...

Yes, Joel is a wilderness survivalist expert, so he definitely loves the outdoors. :) All the Hunter boys placed the memorial to their parents, not just Joel, but yeah it's a very nice way to honor them. Ema board, ah, I figured it had to have an 'official' name. Cale really likes Kenzie, a lot. But...yeah.

Thanks! I just love the sunrise/sunsets in Mt. Komorebi, gorgeous! HAHA! You are exactly right! His reputation precedes him with the ladies, er, other animals. At least he can reliably attract them eh? :D No, Joy was not a plant, she actually DID just walk right into Cale's house to admire his broom and dustpan. :D Usually I hate when that happens, but not this time! ;) I've been mourning the fact he's never seen Joy anywhere and then she just walks right into his house! The game loves to give us gifts like that sometimes. :) The phantom skier cracked me up! I've never seen that before either!

@LegacySims2017
    I imagine DJ and the mixologist are quite good friends by now. She's always so nice and understanding to him. Festival of Snow, cool! Looks like he got to do all the aspiration tasks, plus at least one or two Simmis. Darn machine! Good thing he's strong enough to kick it off him. Would've been tragic for him to die the night before the climb. o.O

Very cool he got have a real breakfast with Enele and his family before the climb. Love Enele's sunglasses/goggles, they're purple! Is there more than one hidden lot then along the route to the mountain? Or did you use T.O.O.L. to place that lot? Anyway, Congrats to DJ for successfully making it to the top! :)

They crack me up too! You'd think he'd get better making them, but nope. hehe Oh yeah, Cale's just having a good time. I think Kenzie may have a clue by now she's not the only one. At least not yet anyway, if ever. ;)

Hadn't really planned for L. to be a Mother figure for Cale. She's more like an occasional advisor. Perhaps she will be more prominent in his life once he's living in Glimmerbrook and becomes a Spellcaster. Yes! I agree! They should allow that lot to be visible on the map and editable after the climb in saves where it has been unlocked. But I get why they did it that way. The mountain top is a 'hidden' area, just like Sylvan Glades, Forgotten Grotto, etc.

@afai1261
    Thanks about the joke! :) I was trying to think of something to do with mountains and 'leak' but then 'peek/peak' seemed more appropriate. :D Snowpals are tradition for my mountain climbing Sims. :) Yeah, thought it would be fun to put something there since I never have except snowpals, snow angels and a gnome. :)

Cale is a product of how he was raised, he didn't know any better. He was taught to act tough, 'manly' and very close-minded about what love is. He's learning that his step-Dad was very wrong and in addition to being a bully, he was a prejudiced small minded bigot! One of the biggest lessons he has Joel to thank for is that there is all kinds of love. It can't be defined, it can't be explained, it has no rules, it just is what it is. In a nutshell, love is love. Period. <3

Yeah, it's a sad story. I'd love to give the Hunter Boys closure with that some day. Maybe I will! ;) Joel is such a sweetheart, I love him! Uh, yeah, very, very good friends. :D I didn't realize how icy it was outside until he kept falling. Felt bad for him, but I laughed every time. Poor guy! :D

Great screenshots of Aaron climbing. Bummer he keeps falling though. Oh man, the Motive Trials! Never, ever turns out good in my experience. Has anyone ever come back from that victorious? Whoa, great chunk of change for that painting! Yay! He met Cale again. HAHA! Uh, yeah, hey Cale, her eyes are higher up than that. He's such a dog! :D Very funny how he ditched Aaron to go stare at Kenzie then she ditches him to flirt with Adam! Ah, the joys of fickle, hormonal teens eh? Hi DJ, Hi Lucy!

MOSS! Gah! So, so good to see him again! Love that hunky vamp! <3 I have he and George still together in my game. :) I forgot you had made him for Queenie's competition.
    I don't think I had Get Famous, so no scar then, but he has it now. :) Don't know if you remember this, but my celebrity Sim, Adam Lambert had a crush on George and Moss came running over to let him know he was very much taken. :D

rfleH6A.png

I will never forget that generation since my Sim, James Beam, actually won Amy's heart and Moss was eliminated. But everyone loved the idea of Moss and George together, since George was crushing on him, so Queenie made it happen. So Moss DID find love afterall eh? :) Sorry for reiterating stuff you already know. I just got excited to see Moss! <3

Great improvements you made to Aaron's house! HAHA! Yep, if you give a Sim that loves fitness that soccer ball, all they want to do is play with it! Permanent's Jules is the same way! ;)

@permanentrose
    Absolutely gorgeous screenshots of their climb to the top! Love them! <3 I knew it! Of course they had to take advantage of the cave! Glad it wasn't covered in icicles! Aww, bummer they couldn't finish the snowpal right then. Did you have them go back and finish it before they left? Just curious. Aww man, such sweet screenshots and touching words for each other. Love the one of them holding hands with Pepper in the middle toward the end of the update and in your daily post pic. And of course tent woo hoo to end the night. Congrats to Robin and Aimi for successfully reaching the top and completing the milestone task goal! :)
    So question the ideal of the challenge is to complete the aspiration before the end of the month? I mean I still have a week. I’m off tomorrow so might make a long update for tomorrow
    @Carebear92 - Yes, that is one of the objectives of the challenge. The main objective is posting a daily post pic though, along with a short summary of their progress. If your challenge Sim can't complete it this month, they can always come back and do it another month after they've completed the aspiration(s) for the current month they are doing. :) If that makes sense?
    @Karababy52 yes it does! Thank you! I mean she’s half way thru but it’s rough because she also works lol
    @Carebear92 - You're welcome! :) Just do the best you can to complete them and don't stress if she can't. Whatever you need to do to have fun is the main thing, it's not supposed to be stressful for you. ;)
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    January 25th: Getting ready

zf8kyeL.png
    Not a lot to post today, I'm not feeling well and don't have a lot of energy. I plan on taking Adam and crew up the mountain tomorrow, so I took today to get his mountain climbing to level 7 and earn some money for extra supplies. I'm also running an experiment on what makes more money, Plopsy or the yard sale table. I have two golden buddy simmis, one I sold at the table marked up 300% for 1000 simoleans, and when I sell the Plopsy one we'll see which is more lucrative (although I think Plopsy is more random with how much more you can make off an item, but I'm still curious to see what happens). Anyways, sorry for rambling, I'll have a better post tomorrow.
    j62lAn6.png
    Carebear92 wrote: »
    @Karababy52 yes it does! Thank you! I mean she’s half way thru but it’s rough because she also works lol

Using both school and work Vacation Days is what helped D.J. finish it.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-jan23.jpg
    January 23: Good Times!

Special Appearance By: Selena Lilly ( @lilypadmeulin )
    After breakfast, they all sat and reminisced about yesterday, climbing the mountain. D.J. said this would be something he would never forget. When they get back down the mountain, he's going to buy a journal and start writing down all his thoughts and what he did since he arrived in Mt. Komorebi.

dj-01-162.jpg

Enele had called for a helicopter to pick up the group. They had the option to climb down, but it would take another day. Normally that is what Enele and Nawai would do. Once their son gets older and experiences more mountain excursions, he'll be able to as well. D.J. was okay flying back down the mountain rather than climbing.

Since there was a shower available in the cabin, D.J. decided to take one before their ride showed up. His body still ached from yesterday's excursion. He wished for the Onsen right now. But this was better than nothing. He let the warm water spray on his chest. Then he stepped under the shower head and let the water fall over his face.

dj-01-163.jpg

Once the group did get to the bottom of the mountain, D.J. thanked Enele and Nawai one final time for a fun experience that he'll take with him for a very long time.

dj-01-164.jpg
    dj-01-165.jpg
    dj-01-166.jpg

D.J. made his way to the Onsen for a nice hot springs soaking. D.J.'s eyes were closed when he felt someone tapping his shoulder. He opened his eyes to see a beautiful girl in front of him. He recognized her. She was on the hiking trail. She mentions to him and the boy sitting aside him that the winds are high, and they might want to consider leaving the hot springs.

dj-01-167.jpg

They both go inside and sit in front of the fireplace. He asks if she remembers him from the hiking trail and she nods. She says she also remembers him from school. They're in a class together. D.J. was embarrassed for not knowing they shared a class together. They talk for a good hour before D.J. realizes he has to get ready for work.

dj-01-168.jpg

Side Note:
    I really have to laugh that Enele and Nawai's son, Derumk, really doesn't like to be in pictures. He's always far away to add him into the screencap. I was lucky to get him in the ones he's actually in.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top