Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just out of curiosity, what are the ages of all the Simmers out there?

Comments

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    Just noticing this thread again. Knowing that I played the franchise starting with the first iteration as an adult, just makes me feel old and out of touch with the new simmers.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,093 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    Just noticing this thread again. Knowing that I played the franchise starting with the first iteration as an adult, just makes me feel old and out of touch with the new simmers.

I don't care if I'm out of touch with new Simmers. I'm an OG Simmer! lol.

Sometimes it means I don't understand references or know who someone is they are collaborating with, but often my kids (who range from 15-22) don't either. I think their newest target is actually a pretty small part of the general population, but being all over social media makes them look large.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • collmarMcollmarM Posts: 24 Member
    60+
    I may be the oldest player here! I love the Sims games and have played all of them. My youngest sister got me hooked on it.
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,647 Member
    60+
    collmarM wrote: »
    I may be the oldest player here! I love the Sims games and have played all of them. My youngest sister got me hooked on it.

To be the oldest player here, you would have to be in your 80's.
  • lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    edited January 2022
    60+
    I feel like I am 100 does that count. :D:D
    60+
    @lori171957 Thanx for the laugh. :p
  • collmarMcollmarM Posts: 24 Member
    60+

No answer...Ok, that is it! I am the oldest here! Yay!!!!!
    60+

You older than 68?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    There are some 70+ simmers in this thread.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/1000199/older-generations-unite/p1
  • MikeymikedeluxeMikeymikedeluxe Posts: 43 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    I’m nearly into the next age category and I’ve only been playing Sims since the pandemic as something to do during the lockdowns. I love it and play virtually every day. Retirement helps!

As a child I remember my first games console (late 1970s I think) an Activision that had two games, tennis and squash! Then an Atari and later two gens of playstation. I can’t play fast action games anymore as my thumbs swell up… I didn’t see that coming… The more sedate nature of PC games like the Sims is better on my knuckle joints. See what you’ve got to look forward to kids. Lol.
    60+
    I’m nearly into the next age category and I’ve only been playing Sims since the pandemic as something to do during the lockdowns. I love it and play virtually every day. Retirement helps!

As a child I remember my first games console (late 1970s I think) an Activision that had two games, tennis and squash! Then an Atari and later two gens of playstation. I can’t play fast action games anymore as my thumbs swell up… I didn’t see that coming… The more sedate nature of PC games like the Sims is better on my knuckle joints. See what you’ve got to look forward to kids. Lol.

I can definitely relate to not being able to play fast action games anymore. :'(
  • fazemanpressfazemanpress Posts: 201 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    i tell everyone i'm a 80;s kid - do the math :D , as im big kid huge gamer - been playing the sims since sims 1 and now i play on xbox. The sims is my go to game. And yes i still watch classic 80's tv shows/cartoons - my favs - inspector gadget/transformers/tmnt
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    60+

You older than 68?

I will be 68, very soon. I don't know about the other player who was doing a happy dance, though. ;) We're in good company, I'd say.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited March 2023
    60+
    I think I might be the oldest still extant here! I'm over 80 now but don't play much these days, though I keep up the packs. I might find it an escape if I get moved to an old folks home!
    I was 47 when The Sims came out and bought all of them since.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    60+
    Simburian wrote: »
    I think I might be the oldest still extant here! I'm over 80 now but don't play much these days, though I keep up the packs. I might find it an escape if I get moved to an old folks home!
    I was 47 when The Sims came out and bought all of them since.

I was fifty when I first began playing in 2005. By then Sims2 was near it's beginnings. I bought the university pack with birthday money (yeah, they threw a milestone party for me). I hadn't been gifted money on my birthday in several decades by then, but I was like. Okay, this is cool, I'm gong to indulge myself, for a change. :) That was the beginning of my Simming Odyssey.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I think it's really neat to know older adults play The Sims. Or, videogames in general. There's such a misconception that it's just for kids.. untrue, all the way! Do what you love at any age. The Sims is just one of those franchises that appeals to almost anyone at any age.

I loved playing The Sims 2 when I was... hmm, 2007 -- 7? I remember making really, really weird looking Sims, giving them the rainbow facepaint and stuff. Alien names. I thought it was so funny at the time... I also remember trying to play with cheats. I did a lot of things that probably corrupted my game back then, like adding the Grim Reaper to my family. Oh goodness.
  • RPGTabbycatRPGTabbycat Posts: 48 Member
    edited March 2023
    40-59 Years of Age
    Back in my day we had to walk ten feet through (apparently censored) carpeting to change the TV channel. Wait, what was the question again? - Edit to add that I am highly amused that the forums censored a type of carpeting known for its plushness - so much so one needed to rake it.
  • MightySparksMightySparks Posts: 80 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I started playing The Sims in 2001-ish when I was 10. Now 32 and still addicted.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,179 Member
    60+
    Still here but entered a new decade.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Th3_H0wling_Ch1ldTh3_H0wling_Ch1ld Posts: 144 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I only just turned 20 around 5 days ago and i have been playing sims since i was 9 or 11
    My Legacy Family & Story Family are in one Save. Much easier...
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    60+
    I remember Harry Truman as the incumbent president.
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 540 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    I am an OG simmer! I remember the original BBS system! The original game was my jam...I would play for hours. I still play TS2 and TS3...I have no need for TS4, unfortunately...I don't have the time to keep buying for it...so I stick with what I have. I am still using my nickname that I have had since the very start!.
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    Well, I've decided after my birthday this year to switch my age numbers to 45, considering I won't be able to do that next year. :p
  • GilmerSimGilmerSim Posts: 8 New Member
    60+
    I was in my 50s when I started playing The Sims. I'm now 70. I love building much more than playing. I can remember when I first started playing, I was a house painter at the time and all I could think about at work was the house I was working on in my Sims game. Couldn't wait to get home to work on my Sims house. lol