Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's Your Approach To New Packs?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Incorporate into existing gameplay
    I always just incorporate it into my gameplay.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    I wish I'd voted other now, the more I think about it. It all depends on the pack really, Most of the time I will blend with my existing gameplay, but it depends how immersion breaking and different the new pack would make it. I'll start a new save if I can't blend it, or wait until my next generation.
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited January 2022
    Except for vampires, spellcasters and mermaids oh my. They only exist in one of my saves.
  • Options
    Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    Most of the time I first try the pack out by an existing gameplay, depending on the savefile that seems the most fitting.
    If I really like it or get inspiration i'll write it down in a notebook I have with ideas, and start a new savefile when one of my households is done. ( File that won't work or Sim dies and not motivated to start a new sim in that world)
  • Options
    SallycutecatSallycutecat Posts: 269 Member
    Other
    Depends on what the pack is. Most of them I incorporate it into my regular save, but some of them I start a new save. I usually play a family of Sims and if that will prevent me from using the pack fully I will play 1 Sim in a different save. Currently I have my main save, a Cottage Living save which is 1 Sim who owns all the animals and has the Simple Living lot challenge enabled, and a Dream Home Decorator save which has 1 Sim decorating Sims homes. When I get round to getting Get To Work I will probably start 2 new saves: a retail save and a detective save.
    Please check out my YouTube Channel. I cover features from The Sims 4 game.
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCaj9o4hycNSPy8U1Ip0OCFA/videos
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,656 Member
    Generally I only buy packs that fit my gameplay to start with, so I just incorporate them into my existing game. Usually, I will go to an empty lot and drag all the BB stuff out to get a look at it so I’ll know where to add it in. Same with CAS…I try hair and clothing out on a random sim to see what I’ve got that’s new. With gameplay, I check out guides and incorporate what appeals to me into my current save.
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Play the pack
    I usually choose a household that came with the pack or download one from the gallery and then explore the pack on its own.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Other
    It really depends on the pack. Some require a new save while others can be integrated in an existing.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I like incorporating it into my gameplay when a new pack comes out.

I feel like some don't even do that when they complain about certain ones and said they already got bored with it in a few hours. I mean, yeah? If you're just powering through all the gamepla for the sake of seeing it I don't expect to have much fun with it either unless the pack is pretty linear. (Though things like smaller packs and stuff packs is understandable.)

I always do like to look through CAS and build/buy to see everything. Gameplay wise I'll always choose sims that adds to my gameplay for them. I know that love pack coming will definitely benefit all my sims, especially the ones I've had in dating limbo because weddings and the like are always one and done.(along with dating in itself).
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    Other
    Generally I create a new save to check out the BB and CAS and play with the new features to get an idea of what they're like, but I never play with everything in these saves. After I get a feel for the new stuff, I return to older saves and incorporate it in when appropriate.

For example, while I did play with Snowy Escape a little when it first came out, I'm now playing a challenge where I'm able to explore it in detail, and I'm finding I enjoy it more than I originally did.
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Both play the pack and both drop into my current save file

I usually try to test it out in my current households sometimes
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    Play the pack
    I usually either start a new save, play the pack with the next gen of my current save or play a household that came with the pack.

Then later I incorporate naturally.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited January 2022
    When I buy a pack, I don't just create an household to play it, I wait til it fits into my story, it's only a waste of money if you don't plan in playing it at all, I have all the packs and kits and eventually I will play everything, I play with generation's so for example someone will be a celebrity at some point, get them in to drama club at a young age, I'm trying a new thing for myself only focusing on one family and soo far I'm using cottage living, vampires, realm of magic, cats & dogs, my first pet, laundry day, burst the dust kit, country living kitchen kit, eco lifestyle, seasons, get together, Parenthood, I have all the community lots available in my save and use movie hangout stuff for a movie theater and I have a bowling, roller skating venue
  • Options
    ImDragoneImDragone Posts: 76 Member
    Other
    I never manage to keep a save file going for very long anymore before I start over in a new save. It's very annoying. For some reason, I can't just play consistently one save file, no matter how much I love my Sims, or my house. I find my save file ignored, or deleted.
    I don't go out of my way to play the new content anymore, because the only thing I used to be like that with is the Worlds, but only the base game Worlds, and the $300 apartment are affordable for a starter household. So, I stopped bothering to go out of my way. The dream come true Worlds, such as Sulani or Mt. Komorebi, are too expensive to live in without being high level in career first.