Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Building in Winter

So, I'm building a new farm and there is snow on the ground. I can't find a way to remove the snow in build mode, is that even possible? I want to make the outdoors look good, but I need ground textures to draw paths and grass with flowers etc, but the snow covers it all...
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    I find it annoying as well.

I know you already use one of TwistedMexi's mods, just an FYI he has one that removes weather from BB as well. It's not rolled into his Better Build/Buy mod because not everyone who uses the one necessarily wants the other.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • PeppersPeppers Posts: 86 Member
    You could start a new save, build there and then save the lot to your library.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Peppers wrote: »
    You could start a new save, build there and then save the lot to your library.

That's what I was going to suggest too. A new save and build on the lot you're wanting to actually have that build on, then save to library and go back to your "real" save and place the lot from your library. That way your landscaping will be present underneath that snow.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    You could just turn weather off in game options in the same save as well, and then turn it back on when you finish building.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,876 Member
    weather machine?
  • PlumbobiPlumbobi Posts: 95 Member
    If you go into manage worlds, then go onto the lot to build, the snow shouldn't be there :)
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    edited January 2022
    Thanks for many great solutions! I found that I can adjust weather with UI Cheat mod, setting it to a hot day should at least get rid of the snow. I didn't do that originallt because it means I will need to run the lot in live mode. But I'll try @Plumbobi 's way first, which seems to be the way the game intended it to be done (game just forgot to leave a note in build mode, but hey-ho...).
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited January 2022
    Plumbobi wrote: »
    If you go into manage worlds, then go onto the lot to build, the snow shouldn't be there :)

This. Accessing build mode from manage worlds displays the game in eternal summer like before/without seasons.
    And if the lot is occupied/played it should only have the household funds available as opposed to unlimited funds on unoccupied lots.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr