Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• ApricusApricus Posts: 671 Member
    If you give pregnant sims the order to throw up, they run (not walk) to the toilet.

If you have a pregnant sim but never have them take the pregnancy test, it takes an extra day on the pregnancy. (Pregnant but not showing belly>first trimester>second>third>labor. 5 days.)

Vlad can, indeed, produce pretty babies (I have proof!)

If you only have around 1 spot left in your household and have recently bred a pet, you can see if it’s pregnant by trying to breed it again. If it’s a yes, it will say your household is full. Another way is to have them roll on their belly, so you can possibly see the bump.

ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,403 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    I honestly didn't know you could attach double beds under a bunk bed.

JtyDFfc.png

I wonder if you can attach a murphy bed under a bunk? haha! Gotta try that now! :D

It was added with Dream Home Decorator pre-patch. With this, you can add the following things:
    • Double beds
    • Desks
    • Dressers
    • Living Chairs
    • Loveseats (two seat couches)

In addition, dressers, desks, and single beds can now be put differently under the bunk bed (like the double beds are).
    All the info I gave here I took from the patch notes. But it's an awesome addition.

Though the game does keep track of the object sizes, so objects that are too large won't slot under a bunk bed. That unfortunately means that those murphy beds won't go (I've tried it out too).

Don't forget toddler beds. They can be used as bottom bunk as well.
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Don't forget toddler beds. They can be used as bottom bunk as well.

Now that's really good to know.
    I've been trying to figure out how to make room for more children at one time in my current Sim household...The house is beautiful but wasn't really built with much expansion in mind. Your comment here, has helped me to answer that question. Despite the previous information on what could go under a bunk bed, I hadn't thought of trying a toddler bed.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Researching Fitness on the Electromagnetic Research Archive Machine from DU will increase your sim's fitness.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    edited January 2022
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    Daephene wrote: »
    If you plead for the life of a sim who died of old age and succeed, they don't get any extra days. The next time you either load the lot or the sim wakes up, the game will notice they are past their time and kill them again.

I suppose, as soon as they are still alive, quickly buy them a "potion of youth" if you can.

Yes, that will work. Unfortunately the first time this happened to me I failed to realize that loading a lot would result in death again, and had him travel while trying to build up his satisfaction points so he could afford one. So you want to either buy a potion immediately or have a household member who has more satisfaction points buy one if they can't afford it themselves.
    In my game I let my elders determine their own length of life by buying potions of youth if they can afford them, I was just not aware that traveling would cut his chance of earning one short.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member

Didn't know, or really notice until now, that when you put a frame on a photo, then remove the frame, the dot things (pins?) change to the colour of the former frame.
    Black is default for the "pins".

kGWgOWX.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    edited January 2022
    Did you guys know about this about the Caliente sisters (Sims 2 Vets in particular)?

I'm shook
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    edited January 2022
    @Xoxk9

Most longtime simmers are probably aware.

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Caliente_family

• xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    I knew they had alien ancestry but never clued in their was a hint in their actual name :|
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2022
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    I knew they had alien ancestry but never clued in their was a hint in their actual name :|

I have long known about the alien connection with them, but did not notice the clue right in their name either until I read your messages here just now. :blush:
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited January 2022
    That giving a mean gift fulfills the gifts tradition. Never thought of that before until my homeless star Harper here decided to show what she thinks of wasting money on gifts. Didn't expect it to count. For some reason I find this hilarious. It's like me throwing an empty can of milk at someone on Christmas, then boasting what a generous person I am for giving them something.

3UqR7U2.jpg
    3hBj95L.jpg
    Post edited by Thrior on
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,174 Member
    edited January 2022
    Did you know the vault limit ?

§999,999,999 + §1

4f5scbtyw9jg.jpg
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Did you know if you set the table your sims will sit down at the table to eat. Or if you have a money tree don't harvest it. Instead put it in inventory for a second and the seeds will come off. Now you can put the tree back in the yard and plant the 5 seeds. If you cuddle a baby after feeding it, the baby will burp.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Not sure how known this is, but Eco Lifestyle comes with this small old school TV as a hidden item
    01-11-22-4-26-52-PM.png

It's one of my favorite build items but I feel like it often gets forgotten or not noticed as you have to use a cheat to access it
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,926 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Not sure how known this is, but Eco Lifestyle comes with this small old school TV as a hidden item
    01-11-22-4-26-52-PM.png

It's one of my favorite build items but I feel like it often gets forgotten or not noticed as you have to use a cheat to access it

You can actually get it without cheats. You just need to send your sim dumpster diving.

There are also The Sims 1 style table and chair, bikes, and stained mattresses (as double beds) to be found there.

Though I do agree, dumpster diving is gross.
    Did you know the vault limit ?

§999,999,999 + §1

4f5scbtyw9jg.jpg

Is that Bill Gates?
    :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    @Onverser The TV is so cute! I have been trying to find the blue table from Sims 1 I have been looking since I got the pack. Have you seen it? It was the Newbies kitchen table.

I didn't know there was a whole separate fridge with spa masks, must not have been paying attention to this pack because this was a great find recently.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »
    @Onverser The TV is so cute! I have been trying to find the blue table from Sims 1 I have been looking since I got the pack. Have you seen it? It was the Newbies kitchen table.

I didn't know there was a whole separate fridge with spa masks, must not have been paying attention to this pack because this was a great find recently.

The table you’re looking for either has to be found dumpster diving or you can access it with the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat on.
  • callmeTorycallmeTory Posts: 5 New Member
    Hey guys I just started a Let's Play Sims 4 youtube channel and would love some fellow Simmer support!! I'm going through my favorite challenge right now and documenting every second!

If you guys are creators let me know and I'd love to follow back!!

(torysims (https://youtube.com/channel/UC47LfpURykIxwcH2LqJ12PA))
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »

The table you’re looking for either has to be found dumpster diving or you can access it with the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat on.

I don't think I've tried that cheat before, thank you so much!! :heart:
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    @StartUpGenius It's a fame perk that lets you make some extra money with your own brand. I haven't used it though.

gen3-banner.png
  • StartUpGeniusStartUpGenius Posts: 135 Member
    @StartUpGenius It's a fame perk that lets you make some extra money with your own brand. I haven't used it though.

Ah, that explains why I haven't seen it before. I don't pursue that fame perk branch.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited January 2022
    If you have C&D along with Island Living, cats will often sniff mermaid sims. :p
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png

Well this is a funny way to accidentally find out there is a secret lot. Heh heh! (No spoilers please!)
    Gives me something to look for. I haven't really played the Britechester world much yet.
    WRrs5ug.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top