Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Triplet names!

Comments

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited January 2022
    I really want triplets, but I've never had them, only twins. I made fraternal triplets in CAS by making them one at a time from the same parents and then I deleted the father because I made them for the toddler scenario challenge. Their names are Harmony, Brandon and Clark. If Mom looks a little stressed out it's because the challenge scenario was hard for her.

Actually my triplet toddler family is the best thing that came out of the scenarios. They are one of my favourite households now. :smile:

1XxjZWF.png?1

• FigwitFigwit Posts: 1,072 Member

I have had triplets in my present game followed by twins. The couple already had one child. The pregnancies all happened pretty close to each other. This is one fertile couple and only the first one was a 'try for baby'.

I use mods but this was not boosted by any fertility traits or me selecting the babies. I like to keep it a surprise for myself anyway.

So six toddlers all at once. Yikes.

k9uPQvh.jpg

Their names are pretty boring. My generations all start with the same letter so, as this save is just new, they all have A names.

So we have Alan, the eldest, the triplets are Andre, Andy and Alicia (Andy and Andre? Yes, pretty close to the same name but I wasn't thinking) and the twins are Alex and Amy.

It was pretty hectic for a while. My sims employed a butler and he was a lot of help along with Patchy who mended everything that broke and emptied the potties too sometimes. Yay for slave Patchy. Thankfully the twins have just grown up to child so the baby days are done in this household.
  • PeppersPeppers Posts: 86 Member
    Elliandre wrote: »

1XxjZWF.png?1

Wow, mom and toddlers look super cute!! <3
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    I know this is an old post, but...
    Gordy wrote: »
    3. Yuya, Yugo, Yuri
    Is that what I think it is? (If not, it’s a really weird coincidence, XD)
    It probably is what you think it is, and I hope it is what I think you think it is. Let's just say I like my dragons, even outside of the Sims.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • sazzlysarahsazzlysarah Posts: 23 Member
    I don't recall ever having child Sims in my games. I'm sure I must have back in the OG Sims days, but since Sims 3, my gameplay has stayed pretty much the same. One single Sim (self-insert), in one single household, then try and complete everything possible :wink: Not exactly a Legacy player you could say!
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    @Peppers Thank you! :heart:
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Bob, Ben, Bro
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    @Figwit Wow. 😬 I’ve never dealt with that many nooboos at once in normal gameplay- I can imagine all the paint on the floor. XD They’re cute, though.

@Gordy 😁 At the risk of going off-topic, did you name some nooboos after them or did you actually try to Simmify them?
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Faith, Hope, Charity
    Daisy, Rose, Hyacinth (Bucket)
    Tic, Tac, Toe
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    At the risk of going off-topic, did you name some nooboos after them or did you actually try to Simmify them?
    CC creators could never make clothing and hair designed after them, and that's not an insult towards them. Nah, I named sims after them. In my game, since a lot of my original sims were Asian, they've since become common witch names.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    Just had triplets in my game completely random. Wanted one kid, got 3. 😂 Their names are Damian, Dorian, and Delilah Parish.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Shawn
    Shaun
    Sean
  • AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    @Gordy I thought so. That’s partly why I haven’t Simmified any of the post-GX characters (the other reason is that I haven’t even finished GX yet, XD) The original characters aren’t too bad, though. I think mine are pretty recognisable, especially with a bit of CC (even if Yugi’s hair is sadly lacking in the floof department.) Speaking of which, I have tried to make Yu-Gi-Oh CC before, but it’s not the best idea for a starting project. ^^;

(If we’re going to keep talking about this, we should probably find/create a different topic, because I don’t think I have any more triplets’ names to post to stay vaguely on-topic. XD)
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • DuckyQueenDuckyQueen Posts: 342 Member
    I have had triplets before and I named them
    Faith
    Hope
    Grace
    I’m pretty sure that the game glitched because they aged up with the exact same hair, outfit, etc
    They are children now and have matching outfits
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Shawn
    Shaun
    Sean

I grew up near a family who had 5 kids, all single births. The three boys were named Shane, Shawn, and Sean and the two girls were named Carey and Corey. They hated it. 😂
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    So far, I only had twins. I am Danish, and two girls were named Birgit and Anne Sofie.
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    Mindofy wrote: »
    Shawn
    Shaun
    Sean

I grew up near a family who had 5 kids, all single births. The three boys were named Shane, Shawn, and Sean and the two girls were named Carey and Corey. They hated it. 😂

That’s cruel imo.basically setting them up for eternal torment, especially in middle school and high school, not to mention you’ll never know who their yelling for since the names sound so similar!
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Shawn
    Shaun
    Sean

Lol it looks good on paper but when the parents called out “Shawn/Sean”, how did the kids know who they were addressing?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    My toddlers for the toddler scenario are identical triplets. I named them Sage, Ruby, and Violet and plan to dress them in corresponding colors in order to tell them apart.

I have very strong opinions on the naming of twins or triplets. I don't agree with the sing-songy types many choose to go with. (I know, I know I'm contradicting myself from my earlier post.) Especially if we're talking about Identicals. This is a rare form of twins. Identity can be problematic, so giving them a name that doesn't rhyme with the other's name is nearly imperative. In RL there has been many twins in my lineage. To my knowledge all have been fraternal, even the only same-gender twins, both females. The other three younger sets of twins were male and female. Some had sing-songy names which drove me nuts. George and Georgianna, for instance. I think most simply called her Anna. I never met her. There was a set of twin boys born back in the 18th century but no one has ever said if they were identical or not. Sadly they lost their lives at the tender age of 16. Robert and William.

I like your choice of names. I have identical twin girls in my current game save: Melody and Harmony. I have them color-coded as well. I think I was inspired by the reality show "Out-daughtered". The couple has the only all female quintuplets in America. Only two of them are identical, but they all look so very much alike, as siblings so often do. Their mom gave each girl her own color when it came to what section of the room their toys resided in. In their clothing, they were all dressed alike. I'm thinking, why? Perhaps, the parents wished to truly learn each girls' face? Good for them. I use the colors to help me discern just which twin is doing what in my game. It's a full household and their icons are so itty-bitty.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    My toddlers for the toddler scenario are identical triplets. I named them Sage, Ruby, and Violet and plan to dress them in corresponding colors in order to tell them apart.

I have very strong opinions on the naming of twins or triplets. I don't agree with the sing-songy types many choose to go with. (I know, I know I'm contradicting myself from my earlier post.) Especially if we're talking about Identicals. This is a rare form of twins. Identity can be problematic, so giving them a name that doesn't rhyme with the other's name is nearly imperative. In RL there has been many twins in my lineage. To my knowledge all have been fraternal, even the only same-gender twins, both females. The other three younger sets of twins were male and female. Some had sing-songy names which drove me nuts. George and Georgianna, for instance. I think most simply called her Anna. I never met her. There was a set of twin boys born back in the 18th century but no one has ever said if they were identical or not. Sadly they lost their lives at the tender age of 16. Robert and William.

I like your choice of names. I have identical twin girls in my current game save: Melody and Harmony. I have them color-coded as well. I think I was inspired by the reality show "Out-daughtered". The couple has the only all female quintuplets in America. Only two of them are identical, but they all look so very much alike, as siblings so often do. Their mom gave each girl her own color when it came to what section of the room their toys resided in. In their clothing, they were all dressed alike. I'm thinking, why? Perhaps, the parents wished to truly learn each girls' face? Good for them. I use the colors to help me discern just which twin is doing what in my game. It's a full household and their icons are so itty-bitty.

Absolutely agree with this. I really wish the fad of naming twins so similar would die out. I often name twins something that compliment each other, using your names Melody and Harmony as an example, but not like Molly and Holly or something. I don’t even like doing it in game.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
    Arabella just had triplets!
    Jaleesa, Remington, and Braylon.

jbFeLXK.png

z6PeBm3.png
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
    edited January 2022
    Apricus wrote: »
    Shawn
    Shaun
    Sean

That’s cruel imo.basically setting them up for eternal torment, especially in middle school and high school, not to mention you’ll never know who their yelling for since the names sound so similar!
    Shawn
    Shaun
    Sean

Lol it looks good on paper but when the parents called out “Shawn/Sean”, how did the kids know who they were addressing?

It was really bad, and it was very confusing when their mom called them. They were all like a year or two apart from each other and looked very similar. It was a small town, so they went through the same teachers and the teachers would confuse them, especially the boys. All in all, not a good idea. 😂 Oh, they pronounced Shawn like it rhymes with shone, and Sean like sheen.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Julieta, Pepa, and Bruno :wink:
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    Sunday, Monday, Tuesday _ June, July, August
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,968 Member
    Once when I was playing the Sims 3, the Grantham family in Sunlit Tides ended up with five kids… the last two being girls called Janell and Janel. So the same dang name!! I had to play as the family to rename the kids as Jane and Abigail. Now whenever I start a new save in Sims 4 I adjust my NRAAS settings so that I get to name all the babies born in a world.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top