Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Customizable Pronouns First Look

14567810...Next

Comments

• BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    Looks nice, but I hope pronouns are auto filled to the sim's body shape if you don't feel like filling them out or forget. Concern: How will the sims team deal with language barriers? Some languages they have male and female pronouns, no definite singular they/them translation.

In spanish, will the they/them pronoun definite and singular be elle, and bonito would be changed to bonite? I.D.K. If those terms are officially accepted, I have heard them as regular dialect in only some places. Will custom pronouns be accompanied by gendered words ending in e (bonite)? How will they be dealing with the game outside of english versions.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    Looks nice, but I hope pronouns are auto filled to the sim's body shape if you don't feel like filling them out or forget. Concern: How will the sims team deal with language barriers? Some languages they have male and female pronouns, no definite singular they/them translation.

In spanish, will the they/them pronoun definite and singular be elle, and bonito would be changed to bonite? I.D.K. If those terms are officially accepted, I have heard them as regular dialect in only some places. Will custom pronouns be accompanied by gendered words ending in e (bonite)? How will they be dealing with the game outside of english versions.

They are currently doing a lot of research and exploring the possibilities. The devs have stated that the first incorporation of pronouns will be in just the English version so I imagine the other languages will be changed later as they continue research and testing to find a respectable solution.
    #Team Occult
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    This can and sometimes does lead (if you look at social media) of many people being called names, on both sides of an argument, and or felt to be left out and or to have to conform and or to have to go along to get along. Children are very impressionable, it's ok if someone wants to display their pronoun, but then again those who never thought about and or even care about it, may be lead to feel they aren't part of a cool group if everyone starts doing this but this isn't something they would want to do. Predatory behavior isn't always what people think it is, it can also be cancel culture cliques that ostracize those who may descent from others pushing social change.

This is true. Talking to a friend today she is in school, she says some people change their pronouns even weekly (granted they are in HS) but its hard for her to keep up. Not to mention she said shes made to feel like she is an outsider or boring because she is straight and doesnt use other pronouns. This is not me saying other people dont have the right to use them, Im just sharing an experience I heard myself.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    doggers123 wrote: »
    Imagine if it randomized pronouns for townies... You would get a sim with the pronouns fdhs/fdgbxh/gcfdbh

Come on, fhqwhgads. Everybody to the limit! :D
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,833 Member
    I've never seen a profile pic change announced with 'her' or 'his'. 🤔 Did you see this recently? Maybe @EA_Cade can shed some light.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Personally, I thing the new pronouns are a bit wordy & silly to add after the name of the sim.
    That would be like me introducing myself as: Jane Doe Her/She/Daughter/Mother/Woman/Lady/Girl.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    • Players will choose for themselves whether to use the pronoun feature or not (similar to frame choices).

@EA_Cade
    This is great, I hope this means we can choose if the pronouns are displayed over the sims aswell? It's a feature I would use sometimes but a lot of the times not at all, so it would be awesome if we could choose. Especially if we could choose it for different saves.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---