Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Assign pet's bed

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,113 Member
edited January 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
If i can assign any comfort item as a bed for my pet, like a loveseat, it will be nice to not buy the mat, specially in tiny homes

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,371 Member
    Mak27 wrote: »
    If i can assign any comfort item as a bed for my pet, like a loveseat, it will be nice to not buy the mat, specially in tiny homes

I have a sim with a dog that likes to sleep anywhere but the mat. I put it in the sims bedroom and the dog only sometimes sleeps on it. I think it's already optional.
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,052 Member
    I would like this feature too
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    I'd like to have this option also.
    My Sims dog has never slept in his bed and it's not because he won't be able to get there. Big dog beds are difficult to place sometimes because they're so big they require a lot of space around them for pets to be able to use them. I play test them every time when I place one of them (or download a house with a big dog bed), but the dogs often still refuse to use them.
    It's not the same with the small beds and cats or dogs, they do use them more than big beds.
    Pet beds assignment would be useful because if I will put a huge dog bed in a small Sims home I'd like the dog to actually use it. I don't want the bed to be there to use all the space for nothing.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2022
    You can praise pets for sleeping on furniture and it trains them to prefer sleeping there. You can scold/lecture them to deter them.