Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wedding Pack Coming?

Comments

• BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    There is an association between Pisces and the trident symbol, since Pisces is ruled by Neptune (i.e. a guppy handed a trident by Poseidon). Maybe another zodiac clue.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    Reedfish wrote: »
    VeeDub wrote: »
    Maybe a more reliable hint is in the date the Mercury Retrograde ends (Thursday, February 3). That's supposedly the date the currently leaked kit is due for release, isn't it? Possibly also a teaser or trailer about the coming Game pack, if we believe what the article says. "While the romantic planet [Venus] is retrograde, it can be trickier to navigate relationships. With Mercury also retrograde during much of this period, it's not an ideal time to tackle significant relationship conversations." With both no longer in retrograde by Feb. 3... something?

So no news on the new pack until after February 3rd, maybe? I don't know anymore. Tell us, EA.

I'm hoping the trailer is Tuesday.
    Considering the leaked kit is supposed to be released the first week of February and they announce things now shortly before releasing it, so any trailer next week would be on the kit.
    Disappointing they list the GP first in their roadmap thing, if it isn’t even going to be released first 🙄 nice way of them to start the new year

Unless I've missed something, the leak hasn't yet been confirmed, so right now we don't even know for certain that the info in the so-called leak is in any way reasonably accurate. It could've just been an "educated guess" on someone's part. If I've missed something about it, I'm sure someone will correct me on that.

Yes it doesn't seem right that the kit would be coming out a week before Valentines Day when they have a Love Gamepack releasing.
  • sazzlysarahsazzlysarah Posts: 23 Member
    Oh boy! It's been such a long time since I've had a Sim get married! Not since the Sims 2 days! I hope to see lots of lovely screenshots after release from the community.

Legacy / lifestyle play isn't my cup of tea, I'm much more of a Collector / Completionist. I also may not have played Sims 4 for years! All about Sims 3 for me *sunglasses*
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    "... get their hand bitten off by a dragon."
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Very confused what they're doing.. Surely they wouldn't release a romance pack after Valentines?
  • Chris_McSimsChris_McSims Posts: 120 Member
    I don't know why but that red dressed pig gave me the impression of a possibile Italian-inspired world, and I'd be so glad, especially if it come with a traditional furnace and a decent round pizza (that maybe sims can eat with hands)
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I would love a wedding it's severely needed because the wedding in game now is lacking severely and I think will be great.
    I hope we get a teaser Today and a Trailer Tomorrow.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I hope we get a teaser Today and a Trailer Tomorrow.
    This game pack better not being released in February 15th, or I will get all confused if that game pack won't be announced this week
  • Jewels20Jewels20 Posts: 79 Member
    I think it might be a romance pack (hopefully) because most people don’t have weddings without falling in love first. So the romance can lead to a wedding…I’m looking for an announcement this week too.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited January 2022
    Some simmers have commented a Party for Love means a Wedding Party but I'm hoping it can also mean a Singles Party aka matchmaker throws a Singles Party to hook up single sims.

You can already do this with the Club function and Single filter. It's also available in Base Game by going out to bars on Singles Night, when single sims are drawn there because drink are cheaper for single sims.
    Post edited by EmmaVane on
    deedles64 wrote: »
    What do yall think extra to the max means?

Isn't "to the max" an 80's thing?

It's also a song by DJ Khaled and Drake.

https://youtu.be/MY2fKpvxUXg
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    DJAX wrote: »
    > @CAPTAIN_NXR7 said:
    > No….not this pig again??! 😱
    >
    > I thought we figured this one out as the Star Wars “Porg” hint just before Journey to Batuu was announced.
    > But here it is again, still haunting us….And this time’s it’s wearing red! He must be in lurv…..
    >
    > I just don’t know what to make of this guy. Any microscopic text hints in there?!

It says “don’t leak things like sim guru ninja” by the pigs foot and from what I could tell sim guru ninja hasn’t posted anything to Twitter lately that felt like a hint

Simproved replied

Are they seeing something I'm not??

I think Simproved may be referring to the time SimGuruNinja posted a close up of a sim dying from the Murphy Bed (or at least the animation of it) a few months before Tiny Living was announced, and sent everyone into speculation.

Or the time when he showed the phone menu before DO was released and accidentally revealed restaurants were going to be ownable businesses.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Hoping we'll get some info today. I checked and there is a precedent for releasing info on a Monday. We got a trailer announcement for Snowy Escape on Monday, 10/19/20 and the trailer the following day. Might be grasping at straws but it's possible. 😄

Got a good feeling about today. 😄
    edited January 2022
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Some simmers have commented a Party for Love means a Wedding Party but I'm hoping it can also mean a Singles Party aka matchmaker throws a Singles Party to hook up single sims.

You can already do this with the Club function and Single filter. It's also available in Base Game by going out to bars on Singles Night, when single sims are drawn there because drink are cheaper for single sims.

I don't get the singles party notifications anymore. Maybe it's cause of one of my mods.
    Hoping we'll get some info today. I checked and there is a precedent for releasing info on a Monday. We got a trailer announcement for Snowy Escape on Monday, 10/19/20 and the trailer the following day. Might be grasping at straws but it's possible. 😄

Normally teasers drop at 10 30a to 12 noon eastern. I'm keeping an eye on Twitter.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited January 2022

Insert video of "I know it's today" from Shrek the Musical here. :wink:

For those who haven't seen it and don't want to look it up,
    it's about Fiona growing up, sure every day that her prince is Finally going to arrive and rescue her.
    Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    My sims eyes are starting to hurt from all this excited waiting she has not blinked once since the news were announced

hopefully we get more info this week
    idk how long her poor eyes can last this waiting game
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    Jewels20 wrote: »
    I think it might be a romance pack (hopefully) because most people don’t have weddings without falling in love first. So the romance can lead to a wedding…I’m looking for an announcement this week too.

Yeah, I'm hoping it's more generally a 'couples' pack, and weddings are just the way they're promoting it? Like, an event they can focus on in trailers and stuff, rather than just general everyday behaviour - a lot of people think there's enough romance in the game already, so might not be interested in paying for that. Or they're using weddings to tie into honeymoons, if there's a new world. But I'm hoping it's as much/more about romantic stuff newlyweds might do as it is purely about weddings. But we'll see. At some point.

For a while I thought February 15th for a release made perfect sense, as close to Valentines day as they could get, but I realised releasing it in the lead up to Valentines day, before the romantic hype is over, makes a lot more. So I don't know what they're doing now. Insert scene from Simpsons about pumpkin stocks rising towards the end of October, and failing to sell before the end of October. I'm starting to wonder if the trailer/announcement will be Valentines day, and a release a few weeks later...but the GP is first on the roadmap. Idk. I'm hoping they'll announce this week. But hope is a noose.
  • talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    A Wedding Pack sounds interesting, but I would be more interested in a pack about just romance in general. What I really want is more romantic interactions and stuff. There just isn't enough interactions right now to make couples interesting! Also, having objects with a romance theme (such as having hearts and stuff on them) would be super cute! But I can see how a wedding pack would add to the game too, and I would be interested to see more about it.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Well that's just great! Now we didn't see a teaser today!
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Well that's just great! Now we didn't see a teaser today!

It's only 10am in California, they still have 2 hours.
    edited January 2022
    After 1pm eastern coast time and no teaser. Maybe Tomorrow.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I usually give them until about 1 central time before I figure no news for the day.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    edited January 2022
    I'll give them 30ish minutes more

they usually put stuff when im supposed to be snoozing and its 9pm here soon

do think tuesday is more likely tho
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free