March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken CC? Let me fix it for you!

Comments

• Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    @Emily4331 I understand. I'm sorry you're not feeling your best.
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    Okay, updates.

@emorrill Every attempt I've made at making the skirt shorter just makes it look more weird to me, so I think it's as good as its going to get as it is. :sweat_smile:

@Satanu_Reeves So I had to look up how to convert walls and floors and ended up accidentally default replacing some of them in-game. So that's weird. Uhhh I mostly deal with CAS stuff and the occasional object, so I'm not sure what I did wrong. :sweat_smile: I'll give it another go when I'm not a perpetually tired zombie person. Perhaps that will help. :lol:
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Thank you for trying @Emily4331 :kissing_heart:

What you already did was amazing so I gladly accept it. <3
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    @Emily4331 Thank you for the update. I hope it doesn't give you too much trouble. Thank you again for trying, I'm not in a hurry. I've actually hit a bit of a depression rut myself and haven't felt like playing the sims lately. I think I can just admit at this point in my life that I don't like the holidays, maybe they're more fun outside of America or something idk :D
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    @Emily4331 Hey there, you've not been around much either, huh? Hope that you're feeling better now. Snuggle up to that new kitty not so new now I guess. Those kitty purrrrrs sure help depression.

No pressure here but if you happen to come back around, was wondering if you are able to convert an object to an accessory? I would love for these little pictures to be an accessory so sims could hold the pics in their hands and look at them.

http://one-billion-pixels.blogspot.com/2015/03/polaroid-cameras-photos-ts3.html
    @ZeeGee Yeah, I've just been skulking in the shadows. :tongue: Oh, they help for sure. :heart: She's a little purr machine, too! :3

I can certainly try. :smile:
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    @ZeeGee Yeah, I've just been skulking in the shadows. :tongue: Oh, they help for sure. :heart: She's a little purr machine, too! :3

I can certainly try. :smile:

Thank you :kissing:
    @ZeeGee Okay, so assuming you're going to make some poses to make this work, I think I did it? I mean, it's attached to the hand. :lol: The textures lost quality, which I'm not entirely sure what happened as I did nothing to them, but it is what it is. :lol:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/81c49wkcqysdaz9/PhotoAccessoriesZeeGee.7z?dl=0
    @Emily4331 That's PERFECT, Emily! Thank you so very much <3
    @ZeeGee Awesome! :smiley: Glad I could help!
    @Satanu_Reeves I have had this aching feeling of guilt for having not been able to do what should have been a simple request from you for like the past few months. :lol: But! As fate would have it, I saw the following post about celestial patterns on a CC Finds Blog today! So I immediately thought of you. The pics even have the pattern on walls and it looks a lot like what you were asking for. :smiley: Woohoo!

https://pis3update.tumblr.com/post/672649748019396608/wanderingsimsfinds-hi-everyone-allow-me-to
    @Emily4331 Thank you for remembering and posting this link :) These look great, I think I can accomplish what I want to do. I hope you've been feeling better and the kitten is growing up well. I'm on a bit of a break from the sims 3 but I've been missing my sims lately.
  • budewarminbudewarmin Posts: 371 Member
    Hi Emily!

I'm wondering if you could please change an ea mesh that has been bothering me for a while now? Doesn't have to be a replacer.
    The mesh is called - am body e p6 performer high. And here is the photo:
    6bbba8fdebbaa6b64f7d5fed5b4169fe5e54285b.jpg
    Could you please remove the weird wings from the shoulders(the ones in red circles)? If that doesn't work(like if there are holes in the mesh if you delete it), could you make them as small as possible?
    @budewarmin Sure, I'll take a look at it. :smile: And thank you very much for the exact mesh name!
    edited January 2022
    @budewarmin Okay, this should be good. I edited the texture and messed with normals as much as I could to try to minimize this weird shadow effect on the collar, and I think I got it looking as good as it's going to look. Hopefully it looks good in-game too. It might look mildly wonky in CAS, but I think we've all learned CAS is deceiving. :tongue:

yLeNOKz.png

DL: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c5xzk7hxa7og9ll/AM_EP6_PerformerHighEdit.package?dl=0
    It looks so much better, many thanks! :)
    I did a super minor tweak myself as well: I disabled the invisible in CAS option in s3pe so that i will be usable without cheatcodes.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Awesome fix there @Emily4331 ! :star:

@budewarmin Is that outfit from Showtime? From what I can gather? :p Just double checking. It looks SO much better without those tacky fur "wings." :star: Or whatever they were supposed to be... :lol:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    @budewarmin Whoops did even think about that. :lol: Sorry!
    emorrill wrote: »
    Awesome fix there @Emily4331 ! :star:

@budewarmin Is that outfit from Showtime? From what I can gather? :p Just double checking. It looks SO much better without those tacky fur "wings." :star: Or whatever they were supposed to be... :lol:

It's indeed a hidden outfit from showtime.
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    @budewarmin Whoops did even think about that. :lol: Sorry!

Really enjoying the outfit :)
    @Emily4331 I was wondering if you could show me how to do something cc related? I have this:

hhxQUnB.jpg

And I want to remove the teeth from it. I've played around with different tabs but can't figure it out. You walked me through a tutorial on this thread earlier so I'm hoping you don't mind me crashing your thread and asking you to do the same again. :) Thanks in advance :heart:
    edited January 2022
    @ZeeGee So you can't edit textures directly in TSRW. In that window that you screenshotted, there should be an "export" button (I believe its in the upper right). You'll need to export the image, save it somewhere, and open it in your preferred photo editing software. Though make sure the software you choose is capable of exporting/saving images as DDS. For the most used ones (Photoshop and GIMP), you'll need to find a DDS plugin, as they can't do that by default. Personally, I use Paint.net (which also requires a plugin) because it's free (no nefariousness needed lol) and it exports higher quality DDS images than GIMP. But any of them is fine.

Otherwise, you simply select the area with the teeth and delete them. Then you can just save/export the image as DDS. An options menu will popup and it is important, you'll want to make sure you're exporting it as DXT5/BC3, and set it to generate Mip Maps.

Hope this helps! :3
    @Emily4331 Oh my! I appreciate all the information but that was a bit over my head and several programs that I don't know. Maybe a better question would have been, can you delete the teeth for me?! :innocent: lol (And the eyeball while you're at it if you don't mind)

https://simfil.es/2945349/

edited January 2022
    Thank you! More questions... I tried using the 'replace' option to change to your new dds file and S3PE is not recognizing the dds file you sent me to replace it with? :confused:

Edit! I figured it out! Now let's see if it actually works... :D
    edited January 2022
    Oops, didn't work. I'm going to 'resource' and then 'load dds'. It changes the dds to the new one that you made me. But when I save it and go back in, the dds image has reverted to the previous one.

Edit: @Emily4331 Okay I give up for now. The only way I can get the dds that you made for me is to use 'load dds' from resources but it won't stay there. As soon as I click off of it to the next image it reverts back to the previous dds. Saving after changing doesn't help. I've used the MTS tuturials on replacing paintings to try and figure it out but they all say to import, but when I try to import it won't recognize the dds file? I'm stumped. :)
    Post edited by ZeeGee on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top