Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    Congratulations @AlJay B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    You're welcome @AlJay :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    fcuRqPI.png
    Starting Out Results - BnS 156 - Home for Winterfest

β˜† @Hew310 β˜†
    cRjzdMu.png
    You’ve created a very nice and spacious home for Neva and Thor. The storage spot by the front door is very convenient for a family that will probably always be on the go. The urns on the mantle are a nice personal touch for the family. The large pantry will provide even more storage and lots of snacks for the large family. Good idea making a room specifically for homework and a room for playing for the kids. The playroom is bright and cheery. Neva will love the indoor green area for the colder seasons along with her outdoor gardening plots. So many good ideas all throughout the home. Multiple forms of outdoor entertainment will keep everyone in the house busy. Bright and neutral colors are always a plus in the main parts of the home and can be easily accented with different decor to change with the family’s likes as they age. Jack and Jill bathrooms upstairs are a nice addition so the kids can still have some privacy from each other. I like the photos dedicated to family in the bedrooms. Great job making each room different for whoever sleeps in it. Nice job picking lot traits too, these will help the kids succeed and help boost some traits for all the family members.

Suggestions:
    Most of your roofing looked fine but a few pieces seemed a little out of place. Keeping the roof pitch along the same tilt will help them flow together more easily. Also, if you hold shift while moving the eaves you can shorten up just one side of them, so it won’t look like it is cutting into your home (Pictures below)
    d9aPwuY.jpgsDKrdcK.jpg6RcsgYc.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    Congrats and thanks for participating @Hew310
    IDaJvgQ.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results - BnS 156 - Home for Winterfest

β˜† @Jazmi1396 β˜†
    p4sFyiN.png
    You have created a beautiful exterior. Having so many different terraces will allow Sims to have some privacy while also having many different views. The shrubs around the pool and back deck add some life to the area and make it more appealing. The large garden is a nice addition and can help with grocery costs if they chose to grow food. The yard alone has so many different things to do for all ages. The green of the decorations, trees and bushes really pops against a snowy backdrop. Lots of seating with warm colors in the living room makes a great space for the family to gather. The breakfast counters leading into the kitchen are a nice touch. There is also tons of entertainment inside. The spacious bedrooms will allow the sims a nice spot to get away when they want some alone time.

Suggestions: Sometimes switching up the wallpaper/paint on a wall or two in a room will add a nice accent and help the walls not seem as empty.

β˜† @Abelhinha35 β˜†
    Q6q8l6F.png
    You’ve built a wonderful spacious home for the family to grow into. The lot traits will help the family succeed. Putting some recreation items in the garage is a good idea to get some use out of this often forgotten room. The boot room will help keep the main space tidy. Bright and neutral colors used in the lounge area makes it feel spacious, with a very nice entertainment center along the wall. The wooden ceiling beams in the dining room look great! The brick backsplash is a nice accent to the kitchen. The pool area outback looks very relaxing and inviting with the plants and string lights and some loungers under the shade. The recessed area makes a nice little gardening spot. Great job with all the bedrooms having their own style while still continuing the bright contemporary theme from the rest of the home. The private bathrooms are also a nice addition.

Suggestions: Don’t forget to extend the eaves of the roofing over the walls to protect from the elements. The exterior of the home, particularly in the front, seemed a little bare. Some porch furniture or some wall decorations may help liven the front of the house up.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @Jazmi1396
    Cd3bDA8.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Congratulations @Jazmi1396 !!! Well deserved!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Congratulations @Jazmi1396 B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Archer_GirlArcher_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    Congrats @hew310 and @Jazmi1396 !!!
  • HEW310HEW310 Posts: 242 Member
    Thank you @Archer_Girl ! :)
    h87xNtp.jpg
    Congratulations @HEW310 B)! I didn't realize that all winners are on the same page :).
    4kkjdXo.png

bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results - BnS 154 - Fall Designer Showdown

β˜† @Jazmi1396 β˜†
    OVoYOao.png
    Beautiful architecture. Great landscape that matches the architectural design. The grill area is beautiful and a great addition to the landscape. The pond is pretty and I really like the bridge over it. The interior has a great layout and the design matches the architecture and landscape very well. Love all the rustic details you’ve added to the interiors. I especially love the pop of color here and there. The way you did the arch going into the living room is beautiful and very creative. Such a great idea. The teen girl’s room is really pretty. Great rustic elements mixed with the purple. Great entry!

β˜† @abelhinha35 β˜†
    gQls002.png
    Beautifully done architecture with great exterior colors and textures. The landscape is pretty and matches the modern architectural design. Love the platform for the living room and the use of shelves to make it its own little space. The fireplace is pretty and serves as a great accent wall. Love the beautiful textures and colors used throughout the interiors. The office is a really great space and a wonderful addition to the house. The main bathroom is pretty; I love the plants in there. Love the attached greenhouse! Such a great idea! The only critique I would have is that some of your pictures are really dark, especially the ones of the bathrooms. I know lighting in Sims is a pain but I would try to see if you can use debug lights or the little round recessed lights to make your pictures brighter. But other than that, your build is amazing and beautiful! A great entry!

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @Jazmi1396
    Cd3bDA8.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    Congratulations @Jazmi1396 B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

HVCdrRO.png

Established Results - BnS 154 - Fall Designer Showdown

β˜† @icanhassims β˜†
    ATqNoFM.png
    Beautiful architecture. And very pretty landscape. Landscape definitely goes with the overall design of the house. The interiors are very pretty and cozy. I love the addition of a little greenhouse attached to the main house. But I do think the roofing could use a little bit of finessing on this build. You really managed to pack in a lot of decor and clutter details inside and out while still coming well under budget. Very impressive build! It is gorgeous!

β˜† @JojoMOMSTER β˜†
    haZYYGH.png
    Cute architecture and overall design. The landscape is really pretty and I like the addition of a pond. However, I would have liked to see a bit more terrain paint used, especially around the pond. Love the elevated hot tub. Great idea! Your interiors are very beautiful. Love the overall layout and decor/clutter choices. Great use of accent walls. Overall it is a very pretty build! Great entry!

β˜† @Archer_Girl β˜†
    Uv9M3Kd.jpg
    Beautiful architecture. It is a really pretty farm. Love the addition of a barn. Your landscape is amazing! Great use of terrain paint! Your interiors are charming and pretty. Very warm and inviting; great for a cottage. I do think the foundation in the kitchen for the sink is a little awkward. But otherwise, your layout is really good and you’ve used good decor/clutter choices. Your build is very pretty and is a great entry to this challenge!

β˜† @pammiechick β˜†
    2DA1tZk.png
    Your architecture is so cute! Your landscape is pretty and cluttered, just as I would imagine a boho yard to be. Great use of colors in the landscape. And great use of terrain paint. Love the drama entrance area. Very creative and cute. Your interior colors and patterns are great for the boho style. Love all the little details like the llama art and plants everywhere and the yoga space! I can’t really think of anything to critique. Such a great entry!

β˜† @SimTresa β˜†
    T3o7z8N.png
    Beautiful architecture. Love the different outdoor deck areas. Your interiors are pretty. They have a great layout. I like the colors you used throughout the interiors. Great use of decor/clutter to make the house cozy and inviting. In the living room, I would have moved the two side chairs away from the sofa just a little bit. They look squished in there. I love the blue kid’s bedroom. The accent wall in there is beautiful. Great entry!

β˜† @KitelDesigns β˜†
    y1I3x3p.png
    Really pretty architecture and wonderful landscape. Great use of terrain paint. And love the trees and plants. The landscape really matches the design of the house. I do think the chimney goes a little too high into the sky for the size of your roof. I love your porch! So pretty! Your interiors are warm and cozy. Love the decor/clutter you’ve chosen to make it homey. The pink bedroom with floral wallpaper is very pretty! Your build is a great entry! Well done!

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @pammiechick
    2nd Place goes to .... @Archer_Girl
    7QDS5o8.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    EVxjqb3.png
    Master Results – BnS156 - Home for Winterfest

β˜† @AlJay β˜†
    1jzdpBq.png
    A Home for Winterfest is a truly stunning build, perfectly placed in Windenburg overlooking the ocean. Beautiful façade with the pretty lights and exterior textures and trims which compliment each other wonderfully. The rocks look so natural around the front, very cleverly placed to enable a walk out basement at the rear. This area is a total dream for the children with all the various activities and I love the hanging chair in the gazebo. Going inside it was a lovely surprise to see it all decorated for Christmas, lots of magic and sparkle. Great open plan layout provides lots of space for the family and the rustic/industrial vibe is very fitting for the build. Fantastic study area at the top of the stairs, looks like this belongs here and the bedrooms are all absolutely gorgeous. The family room in the basement ensures there will never be a dull moment in this wonderful home.

Suggestions: I really couldn’t find one single solitary fault with this creation, it’s perfect as it is!

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @AlJay
    Jt0kRGo.png

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited January 2022
    Thank you so much @BuildnShare <3
    And congratulations to everyone else! You are all such talented builders!
  • Archer_GirlArcher_Girl Posts: 218 Member
    edited January 2022
    @AlJay - Congratulations! It was a gorgeous build!

@pammiechick - Congratulations! First place is well deserved for your creations!

@BuildnShare - This was an awesome challenge! I'm honored to take 2nd place! And now that you mention the kitchen sink...yes, I agree. At first the wash tub was sitting next to the sink but then I moved the wash tub for access reasons and didn't re-think the placement of the sink.
    edited January 2022
    Congratulations @AlJay @pammiechick and @Archer_Girl B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• jordanfbrasiljordanfbrasil Posts: 102 Member
    Congratulations to @AlJay and @pammiechick

Gorgeous work.
    U0tQRGg.png
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited January 2022
    Wow! A wonderful surprise! 😊 Such nice comments on my boho build! Thank you @BuildnShare ! That’s my all time favorite style so I had a blast doing it.

Congratulations @AlJay on your win!

Thanks @Archer_Girl ! I loved your build!

Thank you @coolsim9999999 and @jordanfbrasil ! πŸ₯°
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    You're welcome @pammiechick :)!
    4kkjdXo.png

bhaXpM1.png
    Expert Results - BnS 157 - Winter Designer Showdown

β˜† @abelhinha35 β˜†
    OtRJjB3.png
    Livin in the woods is a beautiful home for Dylan and Sally! You have done a wonderful job of designing this house to fit in with its surroundings. The landscaping looks nice with all the different evergreen trees and grasses. The pond is especially well done, with the bridge and your attention to the little details like adding ducks. The interior of the home has a nice layout and the colors that you have used look nice together. You have added a nice amount of clutter and decor items to really make this home feel comfortable and lived in. The skylight above the loft and beams in the kitchen are both wonderful features of this home. You have done a fantastic job!

Suggestions: For safety reasons it would have been nice to have railing on the stairs and I’m sure Dylan and Sally would appreciate a window covering in the bathroom for privacy.

β˜† @illusie β˜†
    M3WYeGF.png
    La Bienhallada is a great home for Dylan and Sally in Selvadorada! You have designed the home very nicely to suit their interests. The style of the home, and its landscaping, fit in perfectly in Selvadorada. Adding the fishing pond to the property was a nice touch and the floating candles are beautiful! The design and layout of the house is very creative! You have been able to give them a large amount of space for the budget you were given and have added so many nice little details to the home. You even remembered to add fans to the bedrooms, which they will appreciate living in the jungle. Very nicely done!

Suggestions: The only thing that seemed a bit out of place was the jut out for the ladder. Placing it on a non diagonal wall may have fit in a bit better.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the Winner is .... @illusie

8VcFxOJ.jpg?2

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
    Congratulations @illusie B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• illusieillusie Posts: 13,816 Member
    You're welcome @illusie :)!
    4kkjdXo.png