Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    @LegacySims2017
    Thanks for the link about the rock climbing! I did see that too, but for some reason I thought they only had to be at a level 6 so I'm glad I checked. I might as well aim for her to max out the skill at this point. As far as I know, the gym wasn't a teen hangout spot (I didn't remember to check the lot traits when I placed it though, so there is a chance that it is). I don't have a lot of sims in this save since I have a mod that stops randoms from generating, and since all your sims live in Mt. Komorebi, I'm thinking that it just ended up pulling a lot of them to that lot haha.

Nice way to incorporate DJ getting a pair of skis into your story and also being able to sell them! He's doing an awesome job skiing too! Are you keeping all the simmis he collects then?

Nice work with rock climbing! What level is DJ at now? Also probably smart of him to be wearing a helmet, haha.

@Karababy52
    I'm glad that Cale has a big brother figure in his life - it's nice to see the Hunter boys around again and have a role in your story. I'm glad Cale opened up to someone about his past and how he got here, and as always, you really captured great screenshots for the dialogue you used. And I remember that sad backstory about the Hunter boys' parents. Very sentimental update <3

Oh nice, another conquest for Cale ;) It is always interesting to see who are sims are most attracted to, since it doesn't always seem to make sense, but Kenzie definitely deserves it haha. She is a beauty for sure! I wonder when one of Cale's other conquests will catch him getting cozy with another girl though, I'm sure it's bound to happen haha. It would be cool to see if Kenzie really does end up being someone special! Maybe she'll be the one he settles down with after all those babies are born haha.

Yeah, it is a shame that Pepper won't work in your game. I wonder what might be causing that glitch :( Also Kaori is literally on every lot every time I bring Robin somewhere, I swear haha. It's kind of funny. I just don't really take pictures of her, but she's often lurking just outside the frame lol.

@afai1261
    Oh fun, I love that Morgan is Hunter's uncle! You have a lot of good connections and backstories with your sims - I love it. I tend to do the same thing in my game - lots of connected sims and backstories, especially with my vampires too lol. Nice work with his rock climbing skill. It does take forever, I'm so sick of it :D And that soccer ball lol...last year, my sim, Jules, had one in her inventory and it was a running joke to see the odd times she's autonomously take it out of her inventory and play with it. One such time was right after she gave birth Robin :D Love that he's painting too! It's always so fun to see what they'll create - and those angry paintings are always very intense!

Really cool snow boarding daily shot! And yay, their first kiss! I was wondering if you were gonna hold out to the mountain excursion! Either way, it was such a special kiss - anywhere in Mt. Komorebi is so gorgeous, and I love that he had a whim to do it :) And that dog, omg!!! So cuteI love him <3 Haha, Robin really does love the gym in everyone's game :D She doesn't even have the active trait or "likes fitness" preference, but I guess inside her soul she does lol. Her mom was an active sim, so maybe she takes after her a bit :) His paintings look very nice on his wall too! And yay, a kiss AND a woohoo. Love this love story you have going for these two

@SoulGal7
    Aw, sweet romantic picture of Kaori and Dylan at the festival of light! I love having my sims kiss by those lanterns too <3 I never knew about that wishing tree! I'll have to try that out sometime. That's a really cool sentiment. Aw, that was a good idea to incorporate Kaori's backstory into your story. So sad for her though. It's nice she can visit her parents' graves though. And Dylan will have a great mountain excursion buddy now!

@miss_eulenauge
    Aw look at Mayor Whiskers and Laika <3

@Carebear92
    I didn't even realize there was a repo-man in this version of the sims!! Is that pack specific or was it added to the basegame? I'm so behind sometimes haha

@Shadami
    I was gonna ask if the bartender was a teen (even though I don't think they can be) but you answered my question. Well, if he's a young adult, then the age gap probably isn't too big and perhaps when Velma ages up she can pursue that relationship :)
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    edited January 2022
    Hi all! Trying to catch up on my posts, but will do comments tomorrow. Have a great day/night everyone!

Jan 17 - Rock This Town

MADE-IT-WITHOUT-ROCK-CLIMBING-GEAR-IN-ONE-ATTEMPT.png
    It's the weekend and I was going to spend time working on my rock climbing skills. First place I went was the medium rock wall in the Senbamachi neighborhood. I still hadn't purchased any rock climbing equipment, but the weather was good, and I was feeling well-rested, so I thought I would try it out.

EARLY-MORNING-AND-SUN-AT-THE-NEW-ROCK-WALL.png

As I went down the path towards the rock wall, I spied some forest spirits and bowed respectfully to them. And they rewarded me with $100 simoleons, and disappeared. I was feeling good about the climb.

NEAR-THE-MED-ROCK-CLI-BING-WALL.png

Before I started, I surveyed the rock wall, plotting my best route up, and then did some stretches.

CLIMBING-THE-MED-ROCK-WALL.png

DETERMINED-LOOK.png

This was quite different from climbing on the snow packed medium wall on the mountain. But this was still very good practice.

ON-TOP-ALMOST.png

HE-MADE-IT.png

Scrambling up to the top, I saw some items I could collect.

ITEMS-TO-COLLECT-ON-TOP.png

There was also a garden, and I picked up the watering can and watered the plants. Suddenly, more forest spirits greeted me, but this time no gifts were given. Perhaps they somehow knew I already had received a gift from the forest spirits down below. Well, it was nice seeing them there anyway.

DYLAN-WATERED-A-PLANT-AND-FOUND-A-FOREST-SPIRIT.png

It was quite hot, and I changed into some shorts, and actually climbed down with just my sandals on. Probably not the best thing to do, but I was feeling rather confident from my climb.

CLIMBING-DOWN-IN-SANDALS.png

DOWN-HE-GOES.png

spectacular-climbing.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Afterwards, I was ready to head to the rock climbing gym to meet Kado, Kaori and Kiyoshi. And it had started to rain. In fact, it turned into quite a thunderstorm.

they-were-there-to-take-rock-clumbing-lessons-with-kado.png

Kado went over some of the hand holds, and actually gave us a demonstration. Kado was really awesome.

KADO-SHOWING-A-HANDHOLD.png

He suggested we start with some warm up exercises. I headed to the weights...

doing-some-weights.png

...and Kiyoshi and Kaori did some push ups.

KIYOSHI-AND-KAORI-WARMED-UP-WITH-PUSH-UPS.png

And then we programmed in our climbs and began the ascent. Kiyoshi got some more tips from Kado, while Kaori and I started our climb.

Kaori-rock-climbing.png

on-the-wall-Dylan.png

I was trying hard to concentrate on my own rock climbing, but couldn't help but notice how well Kaori was doing on her wall. Kado had been right. She was in excellent physical shape...and I have to say...I was really liking the shape of her, too.

kaori-on-the-wall.png

Kiyoshi was doing an amazing job on the wall, too. He was certainly very fit...probably from snowboarding every day.

kiyoshi-on-the-wall.png

WHAT-DETERMINATION.png

I finished my climb, and then Kado suggested I try an endurance climb.

DOING-AN-ENDURANCE-CHALLENGE.png

beat-the-records-dyklan.png

MACHINE-BROKE-ON-DYLAN.png

We continued to do some practice climbs after that, and then all of a sudden, I heard a "Zap". I felt a jolt from the wall, and the rock wall buckled and I almost flew off!

NOT-A-GOOD-THING.png

Okay, well, maybe I did fall off. That was wild! Of course, everyone came over right away to see if I was okay, and I told them I was. Apparently, the rock wall had short circuited somehow. Kado suggested we all take a break.

AND-HES-DOWN.png

NOW-LEVEL-7-ROCK-CLIMBING-SKILL.png
    I-DIDNT-KNOW-THIS-WAS-A-THING.png

[Note: I didn't even know this could happen! I wondered if Dylan had taken up sky diving on that wall for a moment.]

After that bit of excitement, Kiyoshi and I did a hip bump together. Kiyoshi said he was having a great time and thanked me for asking him to join them.

HIP-BUMP-TOGETHER-DYLAN-AND-KIYOSHI.png

Kaori had to head out to her Scout meeting, and I kissed her sweetly on the cheek and told her that I would see her tomorrow.

Dylan: "You looked really good up on that wall, Kaori. We're going to make a great team going on that excursion together..."

Kaori looked at me shyly, "I nearly lost my handhold a few times...because...well...I kept glancing over at you...and...wow...your muscles are so...huge!"

I laughed at that. And as she waved good-bye I thought of the sim I had been before I came to Mt. Komorebi. A geek, really, with red hair and glasses, with an aversion to fitness activity. How much had changed.

GOOD-NITE-KAORI.png

[Note: Oh! Oh! Look at Kiyoshi's expression when Dylan gives Kaori a kiss. I have a feeling that Kiyoshi does indeed like Kaori, but just didn't want Dylan to know. Could there be trouble brewing ahead?]

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

One of the great things about this rock climbing gym, was the food prep area, where you could go and fix yourself something to eat. I thought I would make a salad for everyone.

great-things-about-this-place-is-it-had-a-food-area.png

While I was chopping lettuce, an acquaintance I knew, Don Lothario, come in from outside. Poor guy, it looked like he had been struck by lightning.

DON-GOT-HIT-BY-LIGHTNING.png

Kiyoshi's father came running over to me then, kind of freaking out about the thunderstorm. Geez! I wasn't quite sure what to do, but then he ran off and started ranting to someone else.

KIYOSHIS-DAD-FREAKING-OUT-ABOUT-THE-STORM.png

KADO-WAS-HAPPY-WITH-HIS-PROGRESS.png

I sat down beside Kado and ate a ham and cheese sandwich...um...yeah...I ate that after I had eaten two bowls of salad...rock climbing works up an appetite, you know. Anyway, Kado was really pleased with my progress, and thought that with a bit more practice, I would be ready for the excursion. I was feeling pumped!

I went to the restroom and had a nice muscle relaxing soak in the tub. And I noticed that the gym had replaced those candles that I had "borrowed". I was glad they had because they really did add some ambiance to the place.

DYLAN-HAVING-A-MUSCLE-RELAXING-SOAK.png

After the bath, I dressed and decided to head home. I really felt good about myself and took a selfie. I checked the photo and Dang! Kaori was right! I really did have muscles!

HE-WAS-PRETTY-PROUD-OF-HOW-HE-LOOKED.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Rock This Town, is a song by The Stray Cats, 1981.

And Dylan now has the Adrenaline-Seeker Lifestyle.
    dylan-has-the-adrenaline-seeker-lifestyle.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-jan20.jpg
    January 20: Bold Moves!
    It was Friday now and the blizzard had subsided. D.J. had the urge to take the whole the day off from school and work to prepare for Sunday. For some reason, he wanted to practice, practice, practice. D.J. wanted to show Enele how prepared he was. He could easily skip school another day. He hasn't fallen behind yet in his homework and he always caught up on the days he did take off. As for work, he found out he can take vacation days and get paid for them. So, he called into work real early and left a message that he'd be taking today off.

This gives D.J. a three-day weekend!

First thing was breakfast. He headed to the Lounge for that. He enjoys breakfast pretzels now. It was his favorite Mixologist working behind the counter. He has gotten to know her a lot hanging when hangs out at the Lounge. She's single, but a little too old for him. She's always been very pleasant to him. For that, D.J. would always compliment her.

dj-01-126.jpg

D.J. decided to rock climb practice rather than wall climb at the gym. He geared up what he normally wore and headed to the mountain. This was much different than the wall climbing apparatus. There, you had hand and foot guides. Here, one had to find any nook and cranny they could to hold onto or plant your feet so you wouldn't fall.

Enele told D.J. to never look down once he started the climb when he took him out the first time, but for some reason he had to this time. It was a long way down. D.J. tried to focus.

dj-01-127.jpg

But once D.J. did fall from the actual rock climb, he psyched himself out. He wanted to practice more on the wall climb again. Luckily the snow was softer than the hard mat. But he knew he could break something much easier rock climbing. The rock's altitude is much higher than the wall's.

dj-01-128.jpg

First it was soak time in the Onsen. After, he could grab a hot meal from the vending machine for lunch. He had the hot springs all to himself.

dj-01-129.jpg

That was until this beautiful blue haired girl showed up. D.J. looked at her and she looked at D.J. She sat down next to him and complimented his body. D.J. started to blush. She introduced herself as Caitlin and wanted to know who the cute boy was, referring to D.J. Embarrassed, D.J. answered his name was Dash Joseph, but goes by D.J.

She started flirting with D.J. which made him blush more. Caitlin asked if he was from around town. She's on vacation with her family. She's lives in Windenburg. He replied he's from Newcrest but living in Mt. Komorebi. She kept her flirting on for a while making D.J. blush even more.

He noticed the time on his watch and had an agenda to keep. He really did like Caitlin, however. He wanted to keep talking to her, so he asked if they could exchange numbers. As they left the hot springs to grab their phones, she grabs his hands and tell him that he can call her anytime.

dj-01-130.jpg

D.J. changed clothes and grabbed a spicy taco from the vending machine. It was the cheapest food he could find that he considered satisfying.

Afterwards, he headed off to the gym to practice for the rest of the afternoon through the evening on the wall climb. He spent hours on end climbing and also thinking about Caitlin. She was the first person to ever hit on him. Maybe after the mountain excursion, D.J. considered he could ask her out on a date.

dj-01-131.jpg

Before he went to bed, he made sure to text Caitlin to have a good night and sweet dreams. She replied she'll be having dreams of his hot body.

dj-01-132.jpg

Side Notes:
    • Fitness and Rock Climbing Skills are at level 9. Just one more to go! At the end of the month, I'll do an "End of Month Update" and share where all his skills levels are at and more. Will give an idea how D.J. is doing moving into February!
    • Caitlin is a game generated Teenager. I like what the game did, so kept her as is without going into CAS with her...for now. I did look at her stats, though. She's a Serial Romantic Aspiration with Outgoing and Romantic traits. I decided to use those to do a side story with D.J. and Caitlin.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited January 2022
    January - Day 21: "It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves...Part One"

q2CXcWG.png

Notes
    FUsPLlj.png
    Cale and Joel met at the Onsen before the sun rose the next morning. They wanted to get an early start on their climb. The pair rode to the top of the ski lift and headed for the first set of walls of many they'd climb together that day.

"How're you feeling Cale? Besides excited."
    "Pumped! A little anxious about Croft Falls though."
    "I'm confident you can handle it, you've trained hard and are at the top of your game. Just keep focused."
    "I can do that."

plmbaDu.png

Cale had climbed these walls many, many times. He knew every hand and foothold on them and quickly made his way to the top. They met briefly at the first trail marker leading to the summit and then headed out.

4Hp107R.png
    The weather started to get nasty the farther they walked. There was now a raging blizzard happening, including thundersnow.

33rJZ96.png
    They decided to rest for awhile at a base camp area and see if the weather would clear. Joel said if it didn't clear up soon, they might have to cancel their excursion for another day. Cale was disappointed, but he understood. Safety first, always.

fwU33wB.png
    After an hour or so, Cale woke when he heard singing off in the distance.
    (Singing?)

"Good day sunshine, Good day sunshine, Good day sunshine. I need to laugh, and when the sun is out, I've got something I can laugh about. I feel good, in a special way... COME ON UP CALE IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY!"

bwLIGWO.png
    "I'M COMING!"

Apparently Joel had got up and climbed the walls by himself to greet the morning. The skies had cleared finally and the sun was high in the sky. It was time to move on to Croft Falls!

M6otPwf.png
    Cale fell at the bottom of these walls, but luckily he didn't get hurt and was successful the second time.

BVdp3FV.png
    When they reached Croft Falls, it had started to snow again and both of them were a bit cold. Thankfully, someone had left a bonfire all ready to be lit. The two had a chat and warmed up for a bit before Joel turned and walked toward the walls.

"I'll go check them out while you have a snack."
    "Sounds good."

5a00UNn.png
    Cale scarfed down an apple and one of the energy bars he'd made and then joined Joel at the foot of Croft Falls.

Fb2kFf4.png
    They started out climbing at a quite even pace.

9jvOEOC.png
    But then Cale surpassed Joel and started to hot dog his way up, jumping and swinging from side to side holding on with just his fingers! Gah! Cale, be careful! I thought he would fall from the looks of it. o.O

lEPZ17z.png
    Joel on the other hand is taking his time, climbing meticulously.

TS3Egzd.png
    Stop horsing around Cale! You're almost at the top. He's hanging there again by just his fingertips! I'm not going to have any hair left at this point.

1uKkFJq.png
    (You worry too much Watcher, I got this!)
    Oh sure, okay, uh, please, don't lean over like that, you're scaring me!
    (Tsk, alright, alright.)

0gz7Kdy.png
    YES! He made it! *Whew* Well, almost, just a little bit more...

FvsIyjA.png
    Cale just stood waiting for Joel, mesmerized by the beauty of the fierce storm swirling around him, blowing the blinding white snow around like a whirling dervish.

E7aqxB2.png
    He felt like the only man in the world, standing in a sea of sparkling white diamond dust. It was magnificent.

A9rhHLy.png
    Just to give you an idea of how high those walls are. Can you pick out where Joel is clinging to the side?

PWbdvYz.png
    Joel finally joined him and they ran to the next marker, the final leg of the trail that would lead to the top of the mountain.

tDlbgF3.png
    "We're almost there Cale. I recognize that cave over there. Too bad it's covered with icicles, it's pretty cool inside. Maybe next time you climb up here it'll be better weather."
    "Yeah, maybe."
    Cale wondered if he ever would climb up here again. He certainly hoped so. Would Joel ever want to do this again? Or perhaps someone else would come here with him. He couldn't think about that very much right now though, his focus was on reaching the summit.

y4lZT9i.png
    "How many times have you climbed up here Joel? Curious who you brought with you before."
    "Three before, this will be four. Two times with some of my wilderness survival buddies, and once...well, I brought the girl I thought I would marry with me."

hECHtxK.png
    "Thought? Guessing it didn't work out."
    "No, it wasn't meant to be. She decided she didn't like climbing mountains or anything else to do with the wilderness. Last I heard she'd married a stock market broker and lived in Del Sol Valley."
    "I'm sorry. Hopefully you'll find someone else to love."
    "Maybe, there's been others, but none of them last."
    "Lots of lovelies in the worlds, I'm sure the one for you is out there, somewhere. You just haven't met her yet."
    "Perhaps, I'm not worried. I'm having fun, lots of ladies to keep me company. It's cool."

slUgLxX.png
    "Is that it up there? Am I seeing what I think I see?"
    "Yes it is! Not far now. Let's run!"

twCX2DO.png
    "Oh Wow, we made it. We made it Joel! It's incredible! The view is...I'm speechless."
    "It certainly is. Oh I know, believe me. No matter how many times I've come here, it always takes my breath away. There's just nothing else like standing on top of the world."

WpjqcYV.png
    "Thank you, thank you so much for agreeing to come with me. You're the best Big Bro a guy could ever have. I'll never, ever forget this day."
    "I won't either Cale. You did good, better than good, you were so brave and courageous. A bit of a hot dog at times, but it didn't matter. You did it Cale. I'm proud of you."

Xek3rrC.png
    "I'm proud of me too, and I'm proud of you! You deserve just as much credit for this trip. I couldn't have done it without you."
    "Eh, maybe, maybe not. But I'm glad you asked me. I hope we're friends for the rest of our lives Bro."

ln6mpcf.png
    "Count on it. Best friends forever?"
    "Best friends AND Bros forever!"
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    January 21st Comments:

@Shadami
    D.J. likes chatting with the bartender/Mixologist. They're good listeners...even with Velma. :lol:
    So, is Velma going to have a sugar daddy? :joy: Was fun to see Savannah hanging out with her.

@afai1261
    Wow! I love the daily image. Very cool shot of the snowboarding trick. I also like that mountain climb painting. First time I've seen that one, and I've seen a lot of paintings. You're right, it fits what he's doing at the time.

And as always... :heart: between Aaron and Hunter. I have the two in my game living together in Forgotten Hollow. Neither have made an appearance in Mt. Komorebi yet in my gameplay.

@permanentrose
    I love bowling in The Sims 4. I think you gave me an idea for something in Windenburg. :mrgreen: Robin and Aimi didn't want to put on shoes someone else wore I am guessing. Gross! :joy:

I think Aaron wants Hunter in your gameplay. That's why he's never happy! :wink:
    I think level 6 in Rock Climbing allows you to get Gold Status. I think it was @Llandros2012 that did that with Aldo. I can't remember off hand.

Either way, it was fun seeing all the Challenge Sims in one grouping. You didn't need to try and force it. It's just happened. It was meant to be. Hopefully they keep showing up. Are you going to move them around each month to the same World as Robin?

Yes, D.J. is going to keep the collection as souvenirs from Mt. Komorebi. I won't have him get any in other Worlds. Once he creates a proper home, he'll display them. And with each move, he'll move his collection to go with him as well.

@miss_eulenauge
    Aww....Mayor Whiskers!
    "Laika is, like always, the cutest thing ever." I agree! Lucy has a mighty collection in her inventory. Sell, sell, sell! :lol:

@Carebear92
    Poor Savannah living the lonely life.
    That sucks Savannah's cooler got repo'd. Evil repoman!
    Really happy to hear Love Day made Savannah's time better. Yay for promotions and dates! :grin:

@RememberJoy
    Oh, my! Adam's already going to be a dad. I love the reaction he has in the daily image when he is told. That is priceless! We know he'll be a great father, even as a Teenager.

@Karababy52
    I actually knew the outcome if D.J. let the customer have the refund. His performance mark would have tanked. I didn't want that. He needs all the raises he can get right now. :lol: And it made for good story writing as he just got a raise.

I am laughing at waiting for the last few months and seeing a bunch of lil Cales running around in each World. It will be fun to see.

@SoulGal7
    Looks like Dylan is about prepared for the excursion. Hopefully there's no mountain malfunction. I loved those screenshots...made me laugh.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    edited April 2023
    Should be able to do comments sometime tomorrow :)
    January 22
    e4Lmcx0z_o.jpg
    It was 6am on New Year's Eve, and Aaron had just finished woohooing with Hunter in his shower, just a few hours after kissing him for the first time. The experience was entirely new to Aaron but also exciting, and knowing that Hunter accepted him for who he was just made him admire him all the more. Well, maybe at this point he could call his feelings for Hunter love, and in that moment after they tumbled out of the shower post-woohoo, gazing at each other, panting heavily with the exertion of the endeavour but still elated, Aaron knew that "home" was here, with Hunter. Hunter was the comforting presence Aaron needed in his life and he felt forever thankful that Hunter had sought him out in the lounge so long ago.

When he realised he hadn't slept at all, he apologised to Hunter and kissed him on the cheek. Hunter promised he'd be back in the afternoon so they could celebrate the coming of new year together without annoying uncles interfering. Aaron flopped into bed, dreaming of the boy he could now call 'his'. His boy. His soulmate. <3

True to his word, Hunter did return in the afternoon, after Aaron had slept for a good few hours and harvested his bonsai buds. While Aaron continued painting, Hunter played air guitar to METAL and Aaron had to admit, he looked good doing it. What resulted from that painting was yet another masterpiece: Aaron decided to keep this one and sell his second one for some good cash.

The Watcher gave them a gift in the form of a small television across from Aaron's bed so they wouldn't have to go out anywhere to watch the countdown, and when midnight came, they celebrated and Hunter pulled Aaron over to give him a kiss. Hunter returned to his own place in the early hours of the new year, inviting Aaron to come over later in the day. Aaron went back to bed and went for an invigorating jog in the mid-morning - it was the beginning of spring and Wakaba looked beautiful. Then it was time to head over to Hunter's. He played with Yoshi for a bit then asked if Hunter wanted to go to the onsen: the answer was of course an emphatic yes. The onsen was special to both of them, and what better way to celebrate their new official status as boyfriend and boyfriend than to go on a date there?

~~~
    I am so glad I made these two take the next step in their relationship, they're far too cute to have waited :D
    ZJlAHTH.png
    Oh and I believe this kiss was autonomous <3

I didn't know how to incorporate this into the 'story' part properly but Hunter came over with a neighbourly gift (it's an EL feature) and I almost berated him before remembering that he actually is Aaron's neighbour :joy: But I mean couldn't this just be on the basis of being his boyfriend and not his neighbour? Shouldn't boyfriend take priority over neighbour?
    2md4Ctp.png
    9hJQi3O.png
    "Appreciate your kindness and friendship"? I mean, it just became a lot more than that last night but sure.

Also the gift was useless, it was literally an apple.
    aTUn9B5.png
    Hunter, Aaron poured his blood, sweat and tears into a piece of art for your Winterfest gift and you repay him by giving him a piece of produce that he could have gotten from his own backyard? The guy has eight apple trees!
    ... But I guess it's the thought that counts, right...?

Aaron maxed his painting skill! :smiley: That's his second level 10 skill, after fishing!
    Ad5em5Y.png

And here's a list of his skills so far. Yes, he is still only level 3 rock climbing... sigh
    yhqKzkI.png

Hunter played air guitar...
    e03r6uA.png

...And then Aaron kept interrupting his painting to play air guitar... I'd cancel the air guitar action and he'd just queue it up again. I love listening to the METAL station but not if my sims are being annoying like this lol
    2LE4fRi.png

He had just finished his masterpiece and before I could make him do anything, just pulled out the ball again. I'm so mad :joy: But I did finally go in and remove his dislike of fitness so now he's neutral towards it and won't get tense and angry because of his own stupidity! Yay!
    kFlZ6e0.png

I just can't believe how much bigger Aaron is now compared to Hunter
    Cvj2GBI.png

Happy New Year!
    dqQqNIP.png
    HnOAUOg.png
    cnyieyi.png

Anyways I decided Aaron could be shirtless now, in both swimwear (he ditched the tank top because he's in a good mental state story-wise and no longer feels the need to hide his top surgery scars) and a new sleep outfit. This is his new sleepwear and now you can see how, um, beefy he is from that rock climbing O_O
    0cE7w7d.png

Spring is such a breath of fresh air!
    kxiwrpb.png

Yoshi appreciation pic
    8KZHzTy.png

I tried so hard to get them to make out but it was impossible! Hunter kept leaving the spa and no matter how many times I told them to make out they just wouldn't do it. I maintain that it is entirely Hunter's fault that it was so difficult lol
    ulSt1aV.png

Yeah Aaron, where is your boyfriend?
    8YKz2Zy.png

Yep okay should have expected this :joy:
    RGzHo6a.png

Post edited by afai1261 on
    @permanentrose
    Also spotted near the lot - Aaron, who is never happy....maybe one day.... @afai1261
    MkLID6j.jpg
    Wd1pEUC.jpg
    I think he might need a man

;)
    January 22

c9OzWWL.png
    It was a hot day, so naturally these guys wanted to go for a swim.
    qaI5I3u.png

Look at Pepper's ears when she jumped into the water <3
    3ecj1Fk.png

L9EpdgN.jpg

Pepper was very sad that Robin had to leave for her scout meeting. They had been having so much fun :(
    UK8Tclg.jpg

Back at home, Robin bought some rock climbing books so she could educate herself as best as she could before going on the mountain excursion with Aimi. If she continued to build her confidence with climbing, they were planning to go the next weekend.
    PO7oxPJ.png

Too boring just to stay in one position while reading haha.
    rV0tGb1.jpg
    1SD6xwb.png

Robin, are you trying to unlock the grilled cheese aspiration there? :D
    tZjwoKm.png
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    @LegacySims2017
    I had to do a double take when I saw Caitlin in the pictures. xD I have a sim in my gallery that is super close to her, But I don't think my sim has the tattoo sleeve. xD
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    January 22nd: An awkward conversation

qiE7Xk4.png
    If I'm being honest, I was dreading Kaori's phone call. I wasn't sure how this was going to end, but I had a feeling her grandparents were not going to be too pleased with their teenage granddaughter being pregnant. When the phone call came in the late morning, my stomach dropped as I could tell Kaori had been crying and was upset about something. She asked me to come to her place, her grandmother wanted to discuss something with us. When I arrived my heart sank even lower, the grandmother looked angry and Kaori wouldn't look me in the eyes. What was worse, I recognized the grandmother as the one who had insulted my yoga lessons weeks earlier, and I wondered if she'd recognize me.

IAvGdRD.png

(Grandmother bowing in greeting): So it's the wanna-be yoga instructor from the park who has impregnated my granddaughter.

My cheeks flushed red with embarrassment; great she recognized me.

(Me): I am honored to finally meet you in person.

She waved her hand dismissively.

(GM): I want to get right to the point. My husband and I are not thrilled with your conduct towards Kaori, she is far too young to be expecting a child.

Here Kaori spoke up looking a little angry.

(K): I've already told you it wasn't his fault, it was my idea to mess around.

wCCmgfb.png

(GM): And as I've told you, it takes two to make a baby, he's as much to blame as yourself.

qGVcnxh.png

Kaori looked sullen but didn't argue further, I just wanted to go hide somewhere.

(GM): Now this is what we expect of you young man, you will be required to pay child support if you want any part of this family. You will break off any romantic interactions with Kaori until you are both adults, at that point you two can do as you please.

CUreBAb.png

I had to admit, as much as this stung, it was only fair.

(GM): I'll leave you two to say goodbye

After her grandmother had gone upstairs, Kaori and I sat down at their chess table.

(K): I'm sorry Adam, my grandmother is very proper and this is the best compromise I could talk her into. I hope we can still be friends.

nM0xUPL.png

I nodded as a swallowed to fight back tears.

fFgrmPP.png

(Me): Yes, I would like that.

(K): I guess I'll see you around then.

zhbRFZ5.png

She walked me to the door and I could tell we were both feeling miserable. I slowly made my way over to the park where I sat for awhile processing everything.
    lPrKRzM.png
    If I was going to be paying child support I was going to have to teach classes more consistently. My heart wasn't in it right now, but I set up my sales table and was able to sell a few things.
    cxL1uH7.png
    As I was wrapping up my sale, a thunderstorm rolled in so I quickly packed up and headed home. I was starting to feel a little better, so I threw myself into increasing my climbing skill through reading. I managed to get up to the next level before calling it a night. Maybe things would look better in the morning.
    @permanentrose
    Thanks, I try to have the screenshots match the dialogue if possible. Serious discussions like the one Cale had with Joel end up having a lot of similar ones, but oh well. Yeah, ended up having quite a crossover story this year even though it wasn't intended. Again, oh well, I love the Hunter boys and Essa, of course, so it's all good. :)

Remains to be seen if Kenzie is the one or not. He was definitely infatuated with her, but could just be the glow of the moment. I didn't set what type he's attracted to, so it's all up to him. Oh boy, I am looking forward to the fireworks whenever any of his ladies discover they're not his one and only. Should be a hoot!:D

Yeah, I don't know why my game has that glitch with the pets. It was supposedly fixed, but not in my game. Kaori lurking around reminds me of a let's play by lilsimsie she's doing. One of her heirs' Dad always showed up wherever she went too! :D

Peppers ears! Looks like she's paddling or flying with them. :D I took off full autonomy for Cale just for that reason. He kept stopping reading to run off and do something else and I'd stop him, so he'd end up in a different place reading every time. Pepper looks like she wants some of those grilled cheese. How many is she holding? Looks like maybe...three?

@SoulGal7
    Nice, 100 simoleans from the forest spirits! Love that rock wall when the weather is nice. Dylan looks SO good! Climbing in sandals, uh, yeah, probably not the best idea but oh well. hehe Whoa! Good session on the climbing machine until it broke! o.O Glad he didn't get zapped or hurt himself! o.O Hmm, yeah, looks like Kyoshi does have some residual feelings for Kaori. Sorry Kyoshi, she's with Dylan now. HAHA! Oh man, poor Don! The look on Dylan's face when Kaori's Dad freaks out from the storm is priceless. :D Cool he has a lifestyle now, I've turned those off in my game.

@LegacySims2017
    Well, well looks like DJ has met someone interested in him. Cute how he kept blushing when she flirted with him. hehe Uh yeah, a text saying she'd dream of his hot body? That girl is warm for his form as the saying goes. hehe I bet he's glad he took the day off from school and work eh? ;) Wow, nice traits for Caitlin!

Ah, yeah, I figured it would probably be a worse outcome if he gave her the refund. Just never know with this game though. o.O

hehe Should be hilarious to see, hopefully!

@afai1261
    Aww, I'm so happy for these two! It was a long time getting there, but worth the wait eh? They're adorable together. Love it when our Sims do spontaneous cute and romantic actions. :) Oh geez, the neighbor thing. Ugh. The game isn't very good about which Sim it chooses for that. Oh good, glad you removed the dislike for fitness finally. :) Incredible how big they get from all the sports and doing so much fitness eh?

Happy New Year Aaron and Hunter! Glad Aaron feels comfortable enough with his body now to go shirtless! He looks great! Oh man, you had problems with that too? Must be a glitch, had that happen with Cale and Kenzie too. Of course Hunter makes a beeline for the computer. I had one in the Onsen on that desk too, but removed it.

We're leaving for the party in a little while, so no update for yesterday's post yet. But I wanted to get comments/replies posted at least. Yesterday the problem I was having was my game would kick me out to Manage Worlds every time I clicked on Cale's house or any house. It was frustrating! It happened before so I had a suspicion why it was doing that, outdated Mods.

I checked the Mod that caused it the last couple times and sure enough, it had an update. However, it still kept doing that, so obviously I had other outdated ones. Soo, went through and checked ALL my Mods, discovered a bunch of others that needed to be updated. Did that, repairing inbetween each time. Took a long, long time. Well, it was STILL doing it. So I ended up just taking out almost all my Mods, except the ones I deemed necessary, at least for me.

It's working now and was finally able to play without it kicking me out. But it was late by then so that's the reason why no update yet. I have the screenshots though, just need to sort and write later today. Anyway, that's my frustrating, nail biting and hair-pulling experience for yesterday. Guess I need to figure out which one of the Mods I pulled is still giving me problems too. Anyway, have a great day/night everyone and I'll be back later! <3
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    edited January 2022
    Ok no playtime... But I caught up on some schoolwork and might get out my Viola later. I may update this with story, but I don't know yet.
    I really enjoyed your updates though, and wanted to say that again :)
    January, Day 22 - "Put on a brave face, hold up the facade - a new day is starting..."
    01-12-22-7-00-53-PM.png
    Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
    @RememberJoy
    I have risky woohoo and teen pregnancy in my game too and my challenge sim last year got accidentally pregnant as a teen too haha. In fact, out of her four pregnancies, Robin was the only planned one 😂

Hopefully Kaori and Adam can still be a part of each other’s lives despite her grandparents’ objections. Adam will be a great dad if he has the chance - how long are your pregnancies set to in your game?
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I have risky woohoo and teen pregnancy in my game too and my challenge sim last year got accidentally pregnant as a teen too haha. In fact, out of her four pregnancies, Robin was the only planned one 😂

Hopefully Kaori and Adam can still be a part of each other’s lives despite her grandparents’ objections. Adam will be a great dad if he has the chance - how long are your pregnancies set to in your game?

Yeah, it is an unexpected twist, but I think that just makes the game/story more interesting for me. I have pregnancies set at default, so I think 3 days. I have aging turned off, so I'll have to go and age up the household manually later on.
    edited January 2022
    @afai1261
    Oh my lord, Aaron has some muscles now! I was not expecting that. Also, he and Hunter are so precious together! I'm glad Hunter absolutely supports his transition and is fine with it and they get to be precious adorable soulmates together!!!
    Also, I am finally caught up. xD Only took me most of the month. Haha.

Side note. I skimmed some of the recent comments and saw "teen pregnancy" mentioned. and then got to the part where Aaron has only had top surgery. and then got to the shower scene and went :O Because I didn't read who'd had the teen pregnancy come up yet. xD just saw the words. and went. Do we get a Hunter-Aaron baby? I'm so embarrassed that I didn't read who the comments were from properly.
    Jan 22nd! - Blog post finally almost on time for my goal time xD
    n4GYjXB.png
    edited January 2022
    @afai1261
    I think Aaron does need said boy in my game with him ;)

So I have Elle in my game as well - she lives with Caleb and Lilith, along with Vlad Bloodvein and Inna Cents. Since my challenge sim houses are quite full, I decided to move Hunter in with the other vamps for now and Elle is officially his mom in my game too now.
    KltETs9.jpg

Using MCCC to progress their relationship, I got Aaron and Hunter into a relationship within seconds and Aaron decided to autonomously blow Hunter a kiss, thus making him the happiest I've seen him in my game :D I do wonder if I'll see them around together since they don't live together. If this ends up being a long term relationship for Aaron, I probably will move them in together at some point :)
    anPZP9q.jpg
    hWzaBSO.jpg

(Sorry the lighting was terrible in these pics, did my best to brighten them up haha)

Also what time zone are you in? I've been trying to figure that out lol
    Hi All! Comment Time. Have a great day/night :)

First off, I have to comment on this post! Holy Moley! More comments later.

@RememberJoy
    Jan. 19: I am not sure if I already asked...but can you actually sell those simmis on plopsy? I don't seem to get the interaction in personal inventory. Adam's house is coming along nicely. Ha ha - those bees...they are always trying to sting someone. And now Adam and Kaori are snow buddies. Cool, must be a snow buddy ritual to go out into the snow in your bare feet and become snow buddies together. hehehehe Nice shots of Adam snowboarding and skiing.
    Jan. 20:Poor Adam! Dylan can relate to that fall when doing rock climbing. Ouch! I love that you placed dumpsters in the world, and he finds great stuff. I am going to wait until Evergreen Harbor, I think, to use them. And Kaori comes over for a visit. How nice...and Adam invites her to spend the night. lol Kaori has the romantic trait, Adam...did you think she would just "sleep" in that tent with you? Um...no...especially after you showed her those muscles of yours yesterday! And it's a pretty great night for the two of them :heart::naughty:
    Jan 21:I knew when they had that tent woohoo that something was going to happen. Oh gee! So Kaori is pregnant, and Adam is...um...not too happy about it. Oh wow! This happened in the challenge last year, too, with @permanentrose sim, Jules. Risky woohoo, gotta love it. Oh, of course Adam is tense...he was making headway for himself...and now...well...he has to think of other things.
    Jan 22:-Okay, this solution is not great. And why...why...if they are so in love with each other...are they willing to just stop their romance and hope to still be friends. I don't like this solution one little bit. Yeah, and Adam will have to pay child support. Oh gee...I am feeling for Adam. So, are you doing the Serial Romantic Aspiration? Does this mean that Adam broke it off with Kaori and they are no longer boyfriend/girlfriend? I hope that Adam will be able to see the baby and hopefully he will be a good father. Maybe when the grandparents see how he interacts, they will change their minds. But for now...poor Adam...think of another solution.
    @permanentrose
    @afai1261
    I think Aaron does need said boy in my game with him ;)

So I have Elle in my game as well - she lives with Caleb and Lilith, along with Vlad Bloodvein and Inna Cents. Since my challenge sim houses are quite full, I decided to move Hunter in with the other vamps for now and Elle is officially his mom in my game too now.
    KltETs9.jpg

Using MCCC to progress their relationship, I got Aaron and Hunter into a relationship within seconds and Aaron decided to autonomously blow Hunter a kiss, thus making him the happiest I've seen him in my game :D I do wonder if I'll see them around together since they don't live together. If this ends up being a long term relationship for Aaron, I probably will move them in together at some point :)
    anPZP9q.jpg
    hWzaBSO.jpg

(Sorry the lighting was terrible in these pics, did my best to brighten them up haha)

Also what time zone are you in? I've been trying to figure that out lol
    Omg yay! I'm so happy you downloaded him and that Elle is set as his mother :smiley: Love that selfie.
    And now hopefully Aaron won't be so tense every time he shows up in your game :D
    Aww I love that he autonomously blew Hunter a kiss <3

I'm in New Zealand, so I'm pretty much hours ahead of everyone :joy:
    @permanentrose
    the bartender is actually a full adult. Not even young adult xD I figure she'll lose interest at some point and it's more of a infactuation. Like... Umm the girl in Indiana Jones that likes her professor xD haha
    She'll get over it, but it'll probably be heart break first
    edited January 2022
    A bit picture heavy, but everyone's sims are in this one! Woot!

@Karababy52 @miss_eulenauge @LegacySims2017 @permanetrose @lilypadmeulin @Skeilah @RememberJoy @Llandros2012 @afai1261 @KateLynne @Shadami @Carebear92

Jan 18 - Saturday Night at the Hazakura Lounge

night-at-the-lounge-daily-photo.png
    ~ DYLAN ~

When I got home, I really didn't want to spend the rest of the evening alone at the house. It was Saturday night, afterall, and I thought I would go to the Hazakura Lounge and hang out.

When I got there, I found out it was Talent Showcase Night, and figured that I might pick up a few extra tips. The place seemed busier than normal and so I called Kaori and asked her if she wanted to hang out. She said she would be right over.

COMPUTER-IN-THE-LOUNGE.png

It had been awhile since I had been to the Lounge, and I noticed that they had up-dated it a bit. There was a Don't Wake The Llama Table in the other room near the restrooms. And in the main bar area, there was a desk and computer in the corner. That reminded me that I should order my rock climbing gear, so I sat down at the computer and did just that.

HAD-NOT-BEEN-TO-THE-LOUNGE-IN-A-BIT-SO-THOOUGHT-I-WOULD-PLAY-SOME-TUNES.png

There were two ladies sitting at a table who recognized me and asked if I was playing the piano tonight. I told them I would be. They told me they were glad because I played better than the regular entertainer.

KENZIE-WAS-TELLING-SOME-JOKES.png

As I played the piano, Kenzie went to the microphone and told some jokes. Maybe it was Teen Night, because there were a lot of teens I knew there.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And the night went like this...

AARON-DJ-AND-ALDO-WERE-THERE.png

DJ, Aaron and Aldo were the first to arrive. Apparently DJ was hungry and had bought some pizza from the vending machine.

ROBIN-ALSO-CAME.png

Robin arrived next, wearing her bathing suit. Kaori and DJ were laughing at some photos on her phone.

adam-drowning-his-sorrows-in-rootberr.png

Adam seemed to be in the doldrums, and was drowning his sorrows in rootbeer floats.

nothing-like-having-a-little-conversation-in-the-boys-room.png

Having a private conversation with your buds in the boys' room. Apparently Dylan is telling jokes, and becomes good friends with both Cale and DJ. And DJ gets a sentiment for Dylan.
    dj-gets-a-sentiment-for-dylan.png

lots-of-convo.png

Lots of conversations going on.

dylan-does-some-homework.png

And there's nothing like going to the lounge on a Saturday night and doing your homework, while your girlfriend is surrounded by other guys.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

SAVANNAH-LUCY-SELENA-AND-ALD.png

Savannah, Lucy, Selena and Aldo were having a game of Don't Wake The Llama in the other room. Um...Aldo...why are you shirtless?

BRIAN-AND-AARON-HAVE-COME-TO-WATCH.png

They were soon joined by Bryon and Aaron, who were drinking rootbeer floats.

OOPS-LOOKS-LIKE-SELENA-LOST.png

Oops! It looks like Selena lost that game.

listening-to-americana.png

And it looks like a new crew came over later to play, Cale, DJ, Adam and Robin.

oops-cale.png

Oops! Cale woke that Llama.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ DYLAN ~

VELMA-AT-THE-LOUNGE.png

I met Velma who was one of Aaron's roomies. We took a photo together and became instant friends.

i-met-velam-and-she-invited-me-to-dance.png

She asked me to dance, and, of course, I said yes, since they were playing Japanese Folk Music. That's my jam!

velma-is-caling-dylan.png

She then asked me if I wanted to go with her to the Romance Festival and drink sakura tea together. Sakura tea? The tea that makes you flirty? Um...sorry Velma, I have a girlfriend, and I invited her here tonight. Yeah, the only one I will be drinking sakura tea with is her. Sorry.

[Note: Plus the festival is in San Myshuno and he can't go there anyway.]

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And the night continues...

dylan-showing-adam-some-cat-videos.png

Dylan was showing Adam some cat videos. Cale is in a foul mood about the Japanese folk music which was playing (which he hates)l however, DJ seems to be having a fun time dancing...maybe Velma asked him to dance now.

BRYON-SHOWS-UP-AND-GIVES-A-TIP.png

playing-for-group.png

Dylan returned to play concerto, and a lot of the teens came over to listen. Bryon gave Dylan a tip! Wow! Thanks Bryon. Dylan was now getting $10 tips. Sweet!

is-it-dylans-piano-playing-or-does-cale-have-to-use-the-restroom.png

Whoa Cale! Is it Dylan's piano playing, or do you have to use the restroom?

oh-gee-i-dont-think-cale-made-it-to-the-restroom-in-time.png

Uh oh! I don't think that Cale made it to the restroom in time...

I-GUESS-KENZIE-DIDNT-MAKE-IT-EITHER.png

And I don't think Kenzie did either...
    no-excuse.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ DYLAN ~

play8ing-my-heart-out.png

I glanced up for a moment to smile at Kaori...and then...I saw...well...I thought I saw...a look between Kiyoshi and Kaori. What the heck? Was I imagining things tonight? Perhaps I had talked to Adam too much, and was getting a bit paranoid like he was.

eye-stares-scross-the-room-what-the-heck.png

I mean Kaori and Kiyoshi didn't flirt with each other or anything...but that look between them...that long stare across a room...it was rather intense. I didn't know what to think. Was I becoming overly possessive, like those guys who get jealous when their girlfriend even glances at another guy. I don't want to be like that. Kiyoshi is my friend. I was just totally imagining it. Then why did I feel so upset?

what-the-heck-was-he-just-imaging-things.png

[Note: Apparently Dylan was going through a mood swing, so, yes, he probably imagined it. RIght?]

im-not-okay-mood-swing.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And still the night continues...

CALE-SELENA-AND-ROBIN.png

Cale, Selena and Robin were chatting in the other room. Robin had changed the station to Americana which seemed to lift Cale's mood somewhat. Although, he did need to go home and shower.

KENZIE-AND-KAORI-WERE-ALSO-TEHRE.png

A lot of the teens had gathered in the main bar area. Especially after Dylan ordered a round of cream colas.

everyone-was-having-a-good-time-esp-when-i-ordered-a-round-of-cream-cola.png

kaori-at-the-bar-and-kiyoshi-looking-at-her.png

Kaori looks a bit upset at the bar...and wait...is Kiyoshi secretly looking at her? Oh gee....something is going on here. Oh Dylan, I think that Kiyoshi is crushing on your girlfriend.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ DYLAN ~

It was getting late, and Kaori told me she had to leave. I walked her outside to say good bye, and maybe it was the cream cola talking, but I just wanted to sweep her off her feet. You know, show her that I could be that romantic guy she wanted me to be.

MAYBE-IT-WAS-THE-CREAM-COLA-TALKING-BUT-I-WANTED-TO-SWEEP-KAORI-OFF-HER-FEET.png

We were practicing romantic scenes in Drama Club, so I took a cue from that, and swung Kaori into a kiss. Thank goodness I didn't drop her. Well, you should have seen the look on her face. She was utterly taken by surprise. And so was I! That was one hot kiss! We said good night and she left the Lounge.

THIS-IS-HOW-ITS-DONE-WATCH-AND-LEARN.png

OF-COURSE-DYLAN-DIDNT-SEE-THE-ANGRY-GUY-STANDING-BEHIND-HIM-WHEN-HE-KISSED-KAORI.png

Of course Dylan didn't see the angry elder who had just witnessed that kiss between Dylan and Kaori. It was the guy who had thrown a drink at Dylan the first night he had visited the Hazakura Lounge. And unbeknownst to Dylan, this was Shigeru Nishidake...Kaori's Grandfather. Oh no! This can't be good. Kaori's Grandfather doesn't look very happy.

HE-DOES-NOT-LOOK-HAPPY.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

The only challenge sim I still don't have is Sean @Ellupelluellu The Hazakura Lounge has the Teen Neighborhood and Great Acoustics Lot Traits (I added these), which brought some teens over. And since Dylan knows a lot of the challenge sims from school, he just called them to hang out. That is how they all showed up in one place.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    *Updated my January 21st post above! I'll try to get Part Two posted tonight as well for today's post. It might just be another placeholder daily post pic though if I run out of time. Comments/replies will come tomorrow. Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night, I know I certainly did! <3
    edited January 2022
    January - Day 22: "It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves...Part Two"

4atvzmy.png

Notes
    IchbMO3.png
    "Woooo Hoooo! Top of the World Bro!"
    "Ohhh Yeahhh!"

BibgoRA.png
    I just had to have them do this, it's tradition! The sun wasn't low enough to get their hands in front of it like Josh and Essa, but oh well. I wish this was the Snow Bro thing, but it's just Give Props. For some reason, the option for these two to be Snow Bros never shows up in their conversations. *shrugs*

Mx7iOB0.png
    "Hey, know any good mountain jokes? I bet you've heard a lot of them."
    "Oh yeah, my survival buddies were always joking around."

4wQljOK.png
    "Okay so here's one..."

"A young man climbs to the top of a mountain and finds a Guru sitting there meditating. He couldn't believe his luck, maybe he'd finally get the answer to a question millions had sought for a long time."
    "Oh wise Guru, when will the next Sims game pack drop? I risked my life climbing up here, the least you could do is give me a hint."
    "Sorry kid, I don't do hints. However, I do know the answer to the meaning of life, would like to know?"
    "Pfft, I already know that, D'uh, it's Sims! I might as well just jump off the mountain and end it all. I have no reason to live now."
    "Wait my child, don't be so hasty! I am not the only Guru, our numbers are many, perhaps try another mountain top."
    "Seriously? That's fantastic! But how do I find the right one? So many mountains, I could spend the rest of my life searching and never find the right one. Please, please give me a hint, give me some hope. I'm begging you!"
    "Well...I shouldn't do this, but, you seem like a nice guy so... if I were you I'd try Sneak Peak first."

3BsQPLo.png
    "HAHAHA! Oh that is so lame! I love it though!"
    "I know, right? It's Hill-arious! Get it?"
    "Oh man, you're on a roll!"
    "Nope, we're on a rock, but hey, it's all good, I love rock and roll."
    "Stop it, Stop it! I can't stop laughing!"
    "Ehehehe Okay, that's enough. Josh actually told me the Guru joke. He loves video games, especially the Sims Forever."
    "Cool!"

xPuq6m2.png
    "Hey, we should do something, leave something here so the next people that climb the mountain know we were here. Did you bring something special?"
    "Dangit! I didn't even think of that. Uhmmm, we could leave a piece of our equipment behind or something?"

ThPIllH.png
    "Nah, we'll need that to climb back down when we go home."
    "Oh, yeah. What was I thinking?"
    "I have an idea, we could make a snowpal, if you want to?"
    "Sure, why not?"

cyKrM6k.png
    "Do you think this thing will last though? Won't the wind blow it away?"
    "Oh I'm sure it will, if we don't do something to prevent it. My buddies and I made a bunch and I don't see any of them anywhere. Josh and Essa did too. But maybe if we pour water on it, it'll freeze a shell around it and protect it from the wind."
    "Good thinking! You're so smart!"

0BwIciM.png
    Eh, not the best snowpal I've ever seen. But it'll do. In reality game wise, snowpals do last on the mountain. Josh and Essa made two the first time they climbed to the top and they were both still there when they climbed the second time when Josh proposed.

LEp8TR9.png
    Of course they also took some pics to remember their trip. Not that they'd ever forget.
    "CHEESE!"

xYHrxYi.png
    Another tradition I've had my Sims do every time they climb to the top is make snow angels. Those don't blow away and remain forever on the mountain too.

EOEsVh0.png
    "Joel? Am I seeing things? Is that a mirage?"
    "What do you see-- Oh! Where did that come from?"
    (Watcher? I'm guessing it's a gift from you, am I right?)
    (Yes Cale, enjoy!)
    "It's from the Watcher! A gift!"
    "Oh, hey! Thanks Watcher, you're the best!"
    (He's right, thanks!)
    You're welcome Cale and Joel!

0Hy1Bq9.png
    I put a modified replica of Cale's shack down on the mountain top. Never built anything up here before, so I thought it would be something fun to do for once. The greenhouse is gone, I didn't think it made sense since no one can live here to take care of the plants. Switched out the appliances as well for more 'rustic' versions and gave the cabin a wood stove too.

It also has a back porch with a punching bag and easel. Cale's bedroom still has a laptop and TV too, but I switched it out for a better one. I'm pretending there's a generator to run the TV, the lights, plumbing, etc. I could've put the game object generator down, but...well, I forgot about it until just now. Opps! It has a different roof, a different tree(s) and a chimney too.

Cale and Joel ran inside to check out the cabin and decided to put a couple photos they'd taken up on the bedroom wall.

"Hmm, do we really need two of the same shot in here? Maybe put one of them somewhere else."
    "Good idea, let's put one above the front door outside so everyone knows it's 'our' cabin. I don't care who uses it though, do you?"
    "No, I imagine everyone would enjoy finding something like this up here to rest and relax before climbing back down."
    "Me too!"

BTauYxV.png
    Unfortunately, when I put the cabin down, it destroyed the snowpal and snow angels they'd made. When I sent them outside to make more snow angels, I realized I'd set the cabin down backwards. No worries though, I flipped it around shortly after they were finished.

si9HYgN.png
    Joel went back inside and lit the wood stove to warm his hands. I don't know why it looks like it's snowing inside. I checked, there's no holes in the roof or anything. *shrugs*

6QUB9Kh.png
    Cale stayed outside and got started on another snowpal. I'd queued up both of them to build it together, but Joel had other ideas. hehe
    "Hey, are you coming out here to help me?"
    "Nah, you can handle it. My hands are freezing! I think I have a hole in my glove or something."
    "Oh okay, it's cool."

wUPDOZI.png
    Oh yeah, this snowpal is much better! Makes me feel better about accidentally destroying the other one.
    (I love this cabin Watcher. Reminds me of home, my home...our home now. Me and Joel. At least while we're here.)
    I'm so glad you love it Cale. You deserve it!

DwKZAbu.png
    I also took the Simple Living lot trait off this cabin so Cale and Joel could fix themselves some dinner together. Not the first time I've used this 'cooking together' option. But it is the first time it's actually worked properly! Cool! They made Chicken Stir Fry.

ydPmkIj.png
    After dinner, the best friend Bros went outside to watch the beautiful sunset happening on the mountain.

f1fS7Eo.png
    Cale suddenly turned from gazing at the lavender, dusky rose, orange and pale yellow shades coloring the sky to pull Joel into yet another hug.

FLLO3ey.png
    "I'm sorry I keep hugging you, but I can't help myself. I just...just lo..care about you so much. It makes me happy being here with you. I...I've never hugged a guy before. Dad always told me only gay guys hug each other and never hugged me, not even once. I should've known he was wrong. Nothing wrong with hugging anyone you care about. You taught me that Joel."

T7f3ESa.png
    "And...dangit, he's wrong about this too, I'm not afraid to say it now...I, I...love you man...there. Not like that, you know, I'm not, I'm not..."
    "I know Cale, neither am I. There's all kinds of love in the world. You should never be afraid to tell anyone that you love them. No matter what. Especially family. I love you too little Bro."
    "Thanks again Joel, for everything. You're the best big brother a guy could ever have."

AXQTiix.png
    "Hey, that's what Bros are for, we look out for each other, right?"
    "Ohhh yeahhh!"
    "Ehehehe Okay, that clinches it, you're a Hunter boy now for sure!"

81nv5Yp.png
    "Okay, maybe we should go get some sleep, rest up for the climb back down tomorrow. I don't know about you, but I'm exhausted."
    "Yeah, I'm tired too. Let's go!"

Cale and Joel went back inside the warm and cozy cabin and crawled under the sheets of the duplicate of Cale's bed. Both were snoring almost within seconds. It had been a long, but extremely happy and satisfying day.

Congratulations Cale for completing the mountain excursion milestone, earning gold in the process! He's now an Expert Mountaineer! Congrats to Joel too, he earned some goodies along the way too as a member of Cale's team. Awards are wonderful to have to remember their time on the mountain. But it's the memories and their friendship that matter most. Those things will last for the rest of their lives.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    @Shadami
    Shadami wrote: »
    @afai1261
    Oh my lord, Aaron has some muscles now! I was not expecting that. Also, he and Hunter are so precious together! I'm glad Hunter absolutely supports his transition and is fine with it and they get to be precious adorable soulmates together!!!
    Also, I am finally caught up. xD Only took me most of the month. Haha.

Side note. I skimmed some of the recent comments and saw "teen pregnancy" mentioned. and then got to the part where Aaron has only had top surgery. and then got to the shower scene and went :O Because I didn't read who'd had the teen pregnancy come up yet. xD just saw the words. and went. Do we get a Hunter-Aaron baby? I'm so embarrassed that I didn't read who the comments were from properly.
    Yeah I really wasn't expecting those muscles on Aaron either :joy: I love him with Hunter so much <3

I actually have Aaron set as infertile (can't get pregnant or get others pregnant) because I did not want a risky woohoo situation to happen and with my luck regarding risky woohoo, I swear it definitely would have happened - one of my sims got pregnant with risky woohoo set to 1% :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top