Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you buy the current TS4 version on release date?

Comments

• WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited January 2022
    Yes
    Compared to the game it was on release? Yes. You couldn't even call it a dumpster fire, because there was nothing to catch fire.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    edited January 2022
    No
    I don‘t know. I think I would buy it again but not for full price.

ETA: Oh no, I didn‘t mean to vote.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Yes
    Yes, because I loved Sims 1 and 2 and skipped 3 because I didn't like many aspects of it. I'd buy it now because my computer can't play 1 or 2 and I'd be delighted to be able to sim again. Likewise, I still miss Sim City. Sigh.
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    No
    No. Mostly because I never buy games at launch. Especially in today's AAA gaming industry which has a pattern of releasing full priced games unfinished. It's been funny how many games I have bought a year (or years) later and got a way better experience than those who bought it at launch because back then they were full of glitches, missing features, broken promises, etc. Meanwhile I actually got the polished package and paid less for it too. Works for me.

While TS4 today is MUCH better than what it was, it still wouldn't get me to buy it on release in this hypothetical situation because that's just how I roll with new releases. It also must be said that a major reason why I enjoy the game now is because of mods and DLC. I only started TS4 in April 2021 (got the base game for free). I grew bored of it in just one day and it only got better after I downloaded gameplay mods and grabbed some DLC. Gameplay mods especially are a pretty huge thing now whereas in previous tittles I mostly downloaded CC but hardly any mods. This time it has been flipped. Heck, I only got RoM during most recent sale after I made sure there are mods to make the spellcasters more challenging.

If the base game released now with all the free updates added to it I still highly doubt it'd grab my interest. I mean, that's what happened in 2021 and that' not too far from here.
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    No
    Don't buy games at release.
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    No
    I would buy a 64bit remaster of the Sims 3 in a heartbeat though. I like Sims 4, don't get me wrong, but it would cost far too much money to get it to a point where I find it actually fun.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Yes
    Definitely! I bought TS4 in 2015 as soon as I knew TS4 existed (I wasn’t on the forums then), and I feel like, overall, the game has improved since then. Considering how many hours I’ve played, I have definitely gotten my money’s worth!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    No
    Heck no. This game is a terrible version of the sims. I'm mad at myself for buying the original on release. I was totally dedicated to the sims and have owned every single thing and tons of merch since sims 1, plus I was a modder for sims 2. I have put thousands of dollars into playing this franchise.

And in the end, TS4 is not any part of the franchise. It still has very little to offer veteran players. The sims don't behave like individuals or have unique qualities. They're carbon copies that act exactly alike even after adding in the likes and dislikes and making traits do more. They still lack soul. So if I wanted a building simulator or a character creator, this is the game. But since I like to build my world, create my characters, and play with all of it, this is definitely not the game for me.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Yes
    I pre-ordered it before launch and while I enjoyed it more part give all the hours I spent playing, setting up my worlds and in CAS, now there are more features that make it more enjoyable and has improved a lot. Still needs a bit of overhaul or add a few things here and there (not that expect every feature in a base game as that was never going to happen; but a real story progression at least fix up the the neighborhood stories so it is like the sims really are forming relationships outside played households and a attraction system would be nice, that work well with likes and dislikes). Overall, I may not have regretting buying it during it's release, it's a far cry from what it used to be.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    I would buy it, but not on release. I never buy anything on release. Usually, the price is too steep and there are too many bugs to squash. With TS4 I continued to play TS3 until there were some expansions available and a sale on. I followed its development on the forums and knew what was missing and what had been added to base game by the time I was ready to buy it. By not being an early adopter, I avoided most of the aggravation created by inflated early expectation. As a result, I'm pretty happy with my game right now and am looking forward to whatever is added later.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Maybe, but I'd miss my vampires, so I might still wait until they were introduced. Besides that I do think the base game is fairly solid now.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    No
    Felicity wrote: »
    I would buy a 64bit remaster of the Sims 3 in a heartbeat though. I like Sims 4, don't get me wrong, but it would cost far too much money to get it to a point where I find it actually fun.

I was just thinking this the other day when I reinstalled TS3 to show a friend the difference between the two games. I would buy a 64bit remaster complete edition of TS3 (store content included) if it ever happened. Heck I'd do the same for TS2.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Yes
    I mean, I did anyway. But the current one also has awesome Toddlers, amazing lighting for those of us who can play on high settings, more career/work options, one more world than there originally was, improved textures on hair, more hair colours and skin tones, makeup hue and opacity, a whole pile more objects and clothes and object swatches, that Sentiments system, lot traits, and probably a bunch of other stuff that didn't come to mind. It's a fuller game for sure.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    No
    The base game has come a long way, but not nearly far enough for it to be the game it should've been back when it first launched. I mean yes we have pools and toddlers now, many build buy improvements too, but emotions and whims are still an unbalanced broken mess, personalities are still a work in progress, the game has more bugs than ever, still no cars, or proper babies, etc. It's annoying that even after seven years the game is still CATCHING UP!
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    No

I was just thinking this the other day when I reinstalled TS3 to show a friend the difference between the two games. I would buy a 64bit remaster complete edition of TS3 (store content included) if it ever happened. Heck I'd do the same for TS2.

I would pay a lot for a TS2/TS3 remaster. I'd pay a whole heck of a lot for TS3's open world and TS2's gameplay mechanics, with TS4's build buy and CAS.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    No
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

I would pay a lot for a TS2/TS3 remaster. I'd pay a whole heck of a lot for TS3's open world and TS2's gameplay mechanics, with TS4's build buy and CAS.

Oh so would I, my biggest hope for TS5, if there is one. Is it to be an open-world map like TS3, have the world and story of TS2/3 and with The Build/Buy and CaS modes of TS4. As well as the occult life states of TS4, because they are by far the best incarnation of them.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Yes
    Ironically, this is the version of The Sims that I use the least amount of mods and CC in. For now. And I don't really feel like anything is missing that way. There is still quite a bit missing in the game that I hope comes out before Sims 5 does, but other than that, I'm fairly content. I got the base game free I believe, bought a couple of packs, and didn't play anything until toddlers lmao. Today though, I think I would buy the base game, especially for only $5 lmao.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Yes
    Yes, yes I would. I also wouldn't have been as disappointed as I was when I actually did buy it upon release. The severe lack of content and features at launch was dreadful! Newer players to The Sims 4 will simply never understand... lol
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Yes
    I bought the game at launch in 2014 and compared to now yeah I would buy it. BG has come a long way.
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    No
    lunaoddity wrote: »
    You mean the 2014 version? Didn't it lack a lot? I've never tried it yet as I only started playing Sims 4 in March 2021.

I voted no, but now my answer is actually YES because I wanna try it. I mean if it's cheap, I will buy it just because I'm curious lol

I mentioned the 2014 version as reference. As a few examples, it didn't have the basics such as family trees, ghosts, pools, and toddlers.

The question is if you would still be interested in buying the current version of the game on launch date. Say you watch the promos and read the info on what's included. If the game came out this year. Would you still buy it? Pretend the price isn't an issue. This would be the game version you first play with. :)

Yes I will buy it
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited January 2022
    Yes
    If I fully understand the question. Yes, I would.

The base game is good, it has limitations but if you are playing it for the first time then you have a lot that you can do for quite a while. Creating different households and lots, trying different things and doing challenges. That makes it worth the price in my opinion. Especially considering that some other games offer you less variety for the same amount of money.

Those limitations will limit how much fun you will have with it though, I think it depends a lot on how creative you can be with it.

Maxis are offering you a good sandbox, but it's also a game with limitations.
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    Yes
    It's become a solid game, I just think we should have gotten like half of this stuff right at launch.
  • lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    No
    logion wrote: »

The base game is good, it has limitations but if you are playing it for the first time then you have a lot that you can do for quite a while. Creating different households and lots, trying different things and doing challenges. That makes it worth the price in my opinion. Especially considering that some other games offer you less variety for the same amount of money.

Those limitations will limit how much fun you will have with it though, I think it depends a lot on how creative you can be with it.

It's all good. The question was if you would get the new and improved TS4 if it was released today. No matter at what price.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    Yes
    lunaoddity wrote: »
    logion wrote: »

It's all good. The question was if you would get the new and improved TS4 if it was released today. No matter at what price.

Ah, okay. Yes I would. The Sims4 is a good sandbox which has a lot to offer. If you just want to play it as a game though then I feel that the price will depend if you are comparing it to other games or older sims games.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    No
    With what I know now I would not the only reason I purchased Sims 4 was because a comment by SimGuruRyan made me believe we would get cars at some point. I will never buy another Sims base game without cars, real babies, some type of world editing feature and the same with toddlers but we at least got those.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"