Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BB's Build Showcase šŸ”

Ā«13
bbdarlingo8sbbdarlingo8s Posts: 201 Member
edited February 21 in Nominated Threads
Hiya! Just showcasing my builds. I use no cc + moo to create more "custom" elements, like double-sided fireplaces (LURVE) and special wall accents and headboards. I playtest my builds before uploading to gallery, and sometimes upload my playtest Sims too. I'm pretty new to building, so have been looking for feedback; I'd love for you to share your thoughts in the comments :)

gallery šŸ‘‰ bbdarlingo8s
pinterest šŸ‘‰ https://pin.it/1MKnEzi
imgur šŸ‘‰ https://bbdarlingo8s.imgur.com/all/
youtube šŸ‘‰ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh-d6OPhLjB6k7VMAuN_0xA

Hope to hear from you - and of course, enjoy!
Check out my gallery #bbdarlingo8s
Go to my Build Showcase šŸ”
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• bbdarlingo8sbbdarlingo8s Posts: 201 Member
    edited January 2022
    Cereus Modern
    āž” Go to The Gallery

large modern family home, huge outdoor entertainment space with lounge seating, grill and gorgeous dining area with custom fireplace, pool and sandbox with swingset, plus spacious balconies. loft and basement can become extra rooms, sleeps family of 5 now. no cc, playtested under $250k, modernhouse

9meyCIu.png
    FX4GGeb.png
    ei0MAVu.png
    7YH7OMv.png
    Loft can become additional bedroom
    y9NPl3z.png
    Gorgeous outdoor dining room with custom firepit (no cc, no mods)
    INo5LOn.png
    82FaaVy.png
    Walkout basement has cozy hangout space with custom fireplace (no cc, no mods), bathroom, gym and kids' rooms
    o7cL0Vm.png

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,520 Member
    Cereus Modern is a lovely modern family home! :) Very great exterior design, very nice large glass windows, and the brown and white wall colours are very nice. The interior furnishings and layout are lovely! Very nice open plan kitchen and dining area. The windows dinning area is very nice for sims to enjoy eating meals with sunlight coming in. The stools counter is great! Very nice loft computer study desks and reading area. The outdoors dining patio and custom firepit is lovely! Very nice design of the bbq and counters nook! The basement is very nice! Very creatively designed stone walls fireplace ! The design of the tv and book shelves wall area is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting resting on the sofa and armchairs reading books, watching tv and listening to music. They will enjoy playing the guitar or having a game of chess.
    It is a very nice modern home for a family! :)
    @rosemow thank you for your kind and thoughtful comment! Really appreciate that
    Wildrye Lakehouse
    āž” Go to The Gallery

Shingle style lakehouse - or sea cottage - ideal for roommates, with 2+ bds upstairs and 1 bd+ extra room in the apartment in the converted cellar. Pool with pergola lounge, and small dining area and grill on deck.
    6ctdt1jl.png

Backyard and Pool with pergola sundeck
    0GEUConl.png
    81sbK0nl.png

Foyer with living room to the left
    7paww8jl.png

Custom entertainment center (no cc, no mods)
    dPSsGGrl.png

Open fireplace can be seen from the other side of the window too. Door leads to back deck
    IYkqjKbl.png

Kitchen and dining
    HxrUS0hl.png

Main bedroom
    is en suite, and has two small closets
    w0Jv8Yrl.png
    svHQKiql.png

Bedroom Two
    SZTV4H9l.png
    [not pictured] There is an extra room on the second floor - not decorated as a bedroom, only a misc space, but it is there is you need an extra room. Also not pictured is the second floor hall bathroom.

Wine Cellar
    NfDTZuQl.png

Cellar Apartment

rsvYgVDl.png
    YX6iOzsl.png

Main Room in Cellar Apartment
    aYvALGrl.png
    [not pictured] there is an extra room in the apartment - not decorated as a bedroom, currently has workout equipment - but is there if you need an extra room. Also not pictured is the bathroom.

Hope you enjoy this lot!
    Wildrye Lakehouse is a very lovely home! :) Very great exterior design, pretty flowers along front edges, and the pool, back porch and pergola with loungers area is very lovely! The design of the backyard area is very nice! The interior furnishings and the layout are lovely! Each area has been designed and furnished so very nicely! Very nice wood texture of the furniture. The platforming through the home is great! Very nice platformed guitar area. The custom entertainment area is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting there watching tv and listening to music. The kitchen and dining area is lovely! The white curtains and the flowers on the dining table are pretty! Very nice design of the bedrooms. It is very nice that there is a cellar apartment. The layout and furnishing of it is lovely!
    There are many very nice areas and features through the home, indoors and outside! :)
  • LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,789 Member
    edited January 2022
    Great builds! I love your little details. ā™„ā™„ā™„
    @rosemow thank you so much for your great comments! That really made me smile. And I didn't know about the highlights, but thank you!

@Lissykin thank you! Really appreciate you taking the time to comment :)
    Mulberry Farmhouse
    āž” Go to Gallery

jwrinpKl.png
    XZB8xPml.png
    large family farmhouse with big back deck for grill, dining and lounging. yard includes sandbox with playhouse, pool, bonfire patio and gardening nook. attic has gym, that can become extra room, sleeps 5 sims now. no cc, playtested. under $250k

Backyard
    Firepit and Gardening Nook
    Qfka4Pzl.png
    Pergola Deck with Grill, Dining and Sitting Area
    P0oVGcel.png
    twTRmDrl.png
    3IOMfmhl.png
    ei0AdTvl.png
    dSGpeMql.png
    MJ1YxR8l.png
    2qa4d0el.png

First Floor
    Foyer to Dining Room; Music Room through Double Doors
    x4Vaf2Kl.png
    Dining Room to Family Room
    0bb4BEAl.png
    zL754Ybl.png
    Kitchen - bar to the right, with doorway to study; door to the right opens to deck
    RWU01B5l.png
    xxAn9IMl.png
    Family Room
    NPpybMrl.png
    SsypUeZl.png
    Study
    JQ38qTdl.png
    Not Pictured first floor bathroom, music room, "mud" room has hobbybench and leads to backyard

Second Floor
    Kids Study Corner
    LK0pe0fl.png
    lHLwxqsl.png
    Main Bedroom
    axL30ECl.png
    Walk In Closet connects to Master Bath
    KpQ5xFcl.png
    GGKS0q8l.png
    LgsKdtGl.png
    Master Bath has double sinks, shower and tub
    touSqfDl.png
    37aLehJl.png
    Bedroom Two
    UyUuUJal.png
    Bedroom Three
    11B4BIll.png
    Bedroom Four is en suite
    IOnt0ifl.png
    Not Pictured second floor bathroom accessible by Study Corner, bathroom en suite to bedroom four

Third Floor
    Play Area with doorway to gym
    JODjXIal.png
    Gym has two workout machines
    5rAuIIal.png
    Not Pictured third floor bathroom with the jets tub

I actually had a lot of fun playing this lot - it's huge, and has plenty of activities. Hope you have lots of fun with it too!
    Mulberry Farmhouse is a lovely family home! :) Very nice exterior design, great dormers and the flowerbox windows are pretty! Very nice gardening area with Patchy. The backyard areas are great! Very nice pool and loungers area, and sims will enjoy sitting around the firepit. The pergola bbq and outdoors dining with sunny sunflowers is lovely for eating outside ! The sandpit with toy box is great for kids and the playhouse is very nice! The unicorn is cute! The interior furnishings and layout are lovely! The design of each room and area is very nice! The wood wall panelling is very nice. It is a very detailed build! The kids study corner with computer study desks and armchairs for reading is very nice! The furnishing and layout of each bedroom is lovely!
    It is a very nice family home! :)
    edited January 2022
    Very charming home! I like your layout and decor choices. ā™„ā™„ā™„
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    Mulberry farmhouse is so pretty! I especially love the exterior (I always struggle with more complex roofing), the mix of wall coverings on the ground floor and the little computer area up the stairs. It's such a good idea, and everything fits so well!
    @rosemow I really appreciate you noticing the details like Patchy! And the chairs in the Kids Corner and the toy box in the sandpit :smiley: Thank you for your wonderful comments!

@Lissykin thank you! I really can't tell you how nice it was to read that - really appreciate!

@SerraNolwen thank you! I really appreciate you saying that, cuz it really was an effort!
    Roofing is my nightmare :# I really have to talk myself into it, like "TODAY is the day, that we make a more challenging roof"

I wish they had a way to blend the roof seams more, like the way they do with counters, where they end up sticking together as long as they're together? Am I saying that right even? lol
    Congrats on your Friday highlights feature! (Sorry I'm a bit late :sweat_smile:) I love your creations! <3
  • SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    I think I know what you mean. Like how the eaves of two different roof types or even sizes sometimes refuse to match up?
  • HeathertibbHeathertibb Posts: 153 Member
    edited January 2022
    Just checked out your gallery. I think they're beautiful! You build so well using only limited packs. I can use all of your builds as well and plan on using them. I also like how the families you have made come with houses for them. Thank you! Please make more!!!!šŸ˜Š
    @Lissykin thank you! that's so kind of you to say, and it really means a lot to me :smiley:

@SerraNolwen yes wouldn't it be nice if the roofs recognized other roof pieces and could lock together to make one whole whatever-shaped roof? I hope the devs have thought about that for an update šŸ¤ž

@Heathertibb It feels really good to hear that my builds are finding happy homes with other Simmers! thank you so much for your wonderful comment :smiley:
    Bramley Cabin
    āž” Go to Gallery

sOnriTzl.png
    KAD81IVl.png
    Large and cozy cabin for family vacation or rustic living includes walkout basement, fishing pond (behind rocks), terrace dining + bar, pool, sandbox, bonfire patio and gardening nook. sleeps 7 sims as is - gym and study can become extra rooms. under $250k - no cc; moo, playtested

Exterior
    Fishing Pond
    46NKGYzl.png

Pool and Loungers, swingset by trees
    shrSisDl.png

Sandbox, and doors to walkout basement
    7pRD7Utl.png

Bonfire Patio
    at01HHHl.png

Gardening Nook, and door to "mud" room
    mIJJUZVl.png

Walkout Basement
    "Mud" room with work bench, can become laundry room if preferred, leads to den
    EzMRySwl.png

Den to the left is powder room, and shower room, hallway leads to gym, study and two bedrooms
    TK34g9cl.png
    5SYlSpOl.png

Study
    Hr2nL36l.png
    m046ZB7l.png

Bedroom One
    5UnAN8fl.png
    VtHYjJsl.png

Bedroom Two
    uT4TUCQl.png
    G13zm5Jl.png

Not Pictured on this floor: powder room, jet tub and shower room, gym

Main Floor
    Living Room, door to the right leads to full bath, door to the left leads to small balcony above "mud" room, currently has paint easel and supplies
    qGwHQZjl.png
    t529QPbl.png
    LjCiDngl.png

Kitchen and Dining
    SakOOu1l.png
    QhxAGm4l.png

Terrace Dining, with bar, grill and card table to the far left by the stairs
    MEDtZYel.png
    The views are gorgeous
    DBqRvqZl.png

Second Floor
    Full Bath
    hDDuwS4l.png
    Shower behind dividing wall
    ZynrIVZl.png

Main Bedroom, with walk in closet
    pVj022Dl.png
    PiuKLpJl.png
    eDfnxdDl.png

Bedroom Two
    u2eBHHYl.png

Hope you enjoy playing with this cozy cabin home!
    edited January 2022
    Bramley Cabin is a very beautiful family cabin! :) Very lovely exterior design, great roofing,and the tiered front steps are very nice! The outdoors areas are lovely! Very nice pond with rocks on edges, and the pool, kids play area is very nice. The round bonfire patio is very nice! Sims will enjoy sitting around the bonfire keeping warm. The walk out basement is great! Sims will enjoy doing woodworking there.The furnishing of the interior is very lovely! The design of each room and area is very nice! There are many special details! The 4 bedroom designs are lovely! Very nice living room with a great designed warm fireplace. The chess nook is great under the stairs. Very great kitchen design! The warm wood texture of the furniture is very nice. The terrace dining area is very nice! The screenshots that you took from the terrace are beautiful! The sims would have lovely views whilst dining there!
    It is a very lovely family home! :)
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,816 Member
    The homes in your thread are beautiful <3
    Bramley Cabin is beautiful! I love your fire pits, very creative. The layout reminds me of a dream cabin in Alaska. <3
    wow - thanks everyone for the lovely comments! :blush:

@rosemow thanks for taking the time to write such great things!
    @illusie thanks so much - that was very nice to read!
    @Lissykin thank you - I'm so happy to hear that it would remind you of a dream cabin!
  • Lady_LuSsh01Lady_LuSsh01 Posts: 328 Member
    @bbdarlingo8s such wonderful builds, i love this style, how do you post your screenshots here?
    @Lady_LuSsh01 thank you!

I upload all the images to imgur first and then copy each image link labeled "bbcode (forums)" into the comment here
  • masajomasajo Posts: 5,993 Member
    Fantastic showcase, really enjoyed looking at all your wonderful builds, beautiful work :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top