Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hybrid Sims

I created a house hold today with an Alien father and Vampire mom. I used the "Play With Genetics" function. All the kids are Alien in their traits panel but some have Vampire features like Fangs and some don't. Some also have vampire details on their face which you can change to different ones. What Hybrids have you created and what were the genetic results?
ORIGIN ID: VenusARussell

Comments

• To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Hybrids are not possible. You can get them born in game but they’re bugs and usually do not function correctly.

—T
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    Hybrids are not possible. You can get them born in game but they’re bugs and usually do not function correctly.

There are mods which resolve the game's issues and glitches with hybrids.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member

—T

They're all aliens like their dad but a couple of their kids inherited moms fangs. I have yet to see how they actually function in game play. So far so good. The sim in my profile picture was not alien but vampire. She inherited the alien skin tone but she was a vampire. She died a few years ago in a long gone save. 🙂
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    I'm not sure if most people would count these as "hybrids", since I created them through a cheat, but I have added the "spellcaster" trait to an alien and a couple vampires because I wanted them to be able to do magic. There are a couple minor quirks (you have to temporarily remove the spellcaster trait before taking them into CAS, or their second form's clothing will become random), but otherwise they function just fine. The alien-spellcaster is one of my favorite sims right now.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    edited January 2022
    My hybrids are of my own making. I have Spock of Vulcan in my game. That character is already half-human and half-Vulcan. I have him married to a full Human. I use the pointy ear cc that can be inherited. It shows up on the Toddlers. Since my Vulcan doesn't have the traits they have in the Star Trek series, I make certain he's a vegetarian and he's maxed out in Charm. He's also a Genius. Should be interesting to see what the kids are like.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member

—T
    There are two instances where you're incorrect:
    1 - Alien-human pairings.
    2 - Alien/Human hybrid + any occult.

The original "hybrid" is just a human with alien skin and parentage on one side. Due to this, they can also technically be any other occult without issue.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I really wish hybrids were supported as I don't like to use mods. I am still hoping we will eventually get hybrids even if it seems unlikely. I would love for my vampire to learn magic or even just alchemy.
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    I have an ingame born Vampire/Magician in my game.

There are no problems playing him, but you can only see his magical progress not the vampire one.
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited January 2022
    I have plenty of Vampire/Reaper Hybrids in my game, Technically my playable version of Grim is also a vampire so he can teleport and stuff, I call them my precious little demons. I'm on console, so there's no Mods, I just play with his genetics.
  • Lion1234Lion1234 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love for them to add hybrid occults, I would love a mermaid alien, or a plant spellcaster, I feel like it would be difficult to impliment though, seeing how the vampires and spellcasters both have progress trees located in the same position.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I love making Hybrids. The only thing is that I've learned not to add the Mermaid trait occult with the other occults, it gets very glitchy.
  • Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    So, despite the fact that EA multiple times told us hybrids are not supported, the newest GP - Werewolves - actually shows a great degree of support!
    Their ability called "Enhanced Smell" can show all kind of occults, they begin "emanating" coloured "fume" from their body. Too bad that aliens' colour - violet - is very close to the vampires' one - purple. I am not 100% sure I can see both colours from my hybrid, BUT I am 100% sure I see aliens' colour AND my werewolf 100% has the moodlet that only comes from smelling a vampire! :D
  • VenusABatsonVenusABatson Posts: 929 Member
    Faust-RSI wrote: »
    So, despite the fact that EA multiple times told us hybrids are not supported, the newest GP - Werewolves - actually shows a great degree of support!
    Their ability called "Enhanced Smell" can show all kind of occults, they begin "emanating" coloured "fume" from their body. Too bad that aliens' colour - violet - is very close to the vampires' one - purple. I am not 100% sure I can see both colours from my hybrid, BUT I am 100% sure I see aliens' colour AND my werewolf 100% has the moodlet that only comes from smelling a vampire! :D

Well, you can't have hybrids as in have the abilities as two different occults but I have a sim, Mia, who was born of an alien father and vampire mom. She was born with his blue skin tone but was a Vampire not an alien. Later Mia cured her Vampirism. Recently she made friends with Rory in Moonwood Mill and asked to be changed onto a werewolf so Rory obliged. Since then, she joined Rory's pack and is working to make her way through the ranks.